Encounter 1

The Ghost Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The main street was bustling with people as the shops try to get customers to buy Valentine’s Day themed things: chocolates, cards, flowers, toys, and other stuff that they could relate to the couple holiday. In the midst of the crowd, a little girl yawned while her mother dragged her around shopping. As her mother looked at the shop windows, the little girl saw something that interested her. She let go of her mother’s hand and walked towards the interesting woman, just outside a mirror shop. She reached out her hand and tugged the woman’s clothes. The woman was startled, and looked down to see the three-year old kid, looking at her with curious eyes.

 

“Ahjumma…”

 

The woman somehow felt insulted that the girl considered her to be an ahjumma. 

 

“… Ahjumma can you teach me how to stop jumping?”

 

The woman was confused. “What do you mean stop jumping?”

 

“Like what you’re doing right now.” The little kid pointed to the woman’s feet. “Stop jumping.” She said so nonchalantly.

 

The woman looked down and laughed when she realized what the kid meant. She wiggled her bare feet on this cold February day and crouched down to meet the child at her eye level.

 

“You meant floating?”

 

“Yeah, whatever you say.”

 

The woman laughed again then stopped when she realized something: the kid could see her! And since she tugged

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter