Encounter 10

The Ghost Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“N-no… W-we can’t Sicachu…”

 

Jessica moved closer, sending Sooyoung into panic mode.

 

“NOOOOO I DON’T WANT TO BE A E!!!”

 

The ghost quickly floated away into the sky, out of Jessica’s sight.

 

“ARGH I HATE YOU SOOYOUNG UNNIE!!!”

 

The little girl by the age of 8 quickly ran out of her room, much to the surprise of her parents and little sister. She dashed out of their house and ran to wherever her feet take her. She just wanted her Sooyoung unnie to taste her gummy worms, but her unnie was being very difficult. 

 

Why doesn’t she want me to feed her like a mommy bird?

 

She stopped running when she felt really tired, and then decided she would never run again. Jessica realized she was now in their neighborhood park, so she sat down on her favorite swing.

 

And began to cry.

 

“It’s too late for a little girl to be out here by yourself…”

 

Jessica looked up to see a kind looking old man staring at her. She sniffed and wiped her tears.

 

“I just wanna be alone, haraboji…”

 

The old man sat down on the empty swing beside Jessica.

 

“Have you seen a little girl around here? I think she’s the same age as you.”

 

Jessica sniffed and shook her head.

 

“My granddaughter was supposed to meet me here, but it looked like she’s not here yet.”

 

Jessica just nodded. She didn't have the patience to talk to old men today.  The old man, however, wanted to talk more. 

 

"You like gummy worms?  My granddaughter loves gummy worms."

 

She didn't answer. The old man looked up and smiled.

 

“I don’t think I can wait any longer…”

 

“J-jeshika?”

 

Jessica looked to her right, and saw one of her classmates, but she forgot her name. Was it Yuri?

 

No, Yuri’s that dark kid.

 

Taeyang? Taemin? Taehee? Tae-something…

 

And then Jessica realized that her classmate doesn’t look afraid of her.

 

Her classmate also realized that for some reason, Jessica doesn’t feel cold today.

 

“Can I sit beside you?”

 

But there are only two swings—

 

Jessica looked to her side, and saw that the old man is gone.

 

Huh?

 

“Okay…”

 

"Uwaah you have gummy worms!"

 

Jessica was taken aback by her classmate's sudden outburst. The sparkles in Taeyeon's eyes made Jessica unable to refuse when her classmate excitedly held out her hand, expecting the ice princess to give her some precious gummy worms. 

 

"You really like them, huh… " Jessica asked while giving her classmate a piece. Taeyeon shook her head. 

 

"I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter