Soothing Me

Love Fate

Donghae POV

 

It’s already 2 days ever since we know that the old man started to get a chance with Hyukjae.

 

This evening, I was tuck EunAe when suddenly I hear Hyukjae shout from the living room. Lucky that EunAe is fast asleep and I guess it’s safe enough to let EunAe sleep alone now, since I need to know why Hyukjae shout like a mad man.

 

Slowly, I slip out of the bed and make sure EunAe in a deep sleep before head to the living room. I was take a back when I see Hyukjae palm his face while his right hand still engaged with the phone.

 

I walk slowly, don’t want to disturb him, and what I hear is just the –i don’t want- sentences repeatedly.

 

“I don’t want it, damn it!” he mumble it softly as I discovered a crack in his voice.

 

He’s crying...

 

I decided to sit next to him as he jolt in surprise but then he just throw his phone and hugging me tightly.

 

“Hyukjae... sssshhhh... calm down please... What happen, Hyuk?” I pat his back as he just burying his face on my shoulder. He’s sure a sensitive one.

 

“Junsu said that my mom came and wanna meet me...” he said after finally he can stop his floating emotional and think clearly.

 

“And you don’t want? Why? Is she a cruel one?”

 

“Guess so... Dad once told me that she left me for money...” he said as I just lift my eyebrow.

 

After all of those awful things that his dad did to him, he still trust that? I don’t think so.

 

“... and you trust him?” I blurt out and he gets silent.

 

I stare at him as he stare at me too with a mouth gape.

 

“C’mon... let’s give it a try, Hyukjae...” I said. He pout his cute lips as he thought about my words, maybe.

 

 He looks so handsome when he is in a deep thought. And without me knowing it, I let out a soft chuckle, taking all of his attention.

 

“What?”

 

“Mmm... nothing...” but then he just stare at me while pouting.

 

Awwww... cuteee...

 

“Well... I just thought that... hmmm... well... you’re... handsome... when you’re thinking hard...” I said, blushing hardly and he just grins widely.

 

“Thanks for the compliment Hae... I decided to try it out, but... please promise me one thing...” he said as he dials the previous number on his phone.

 

“Mh hm... what is it?”

 

“Please help me through this... please be with me when she came...” he said as he take my hand on his chest and squeeze it, makes my heart leap in joyful.

 

“O-Okay...” I said softly, holding my breath.

 

Hyukjae POV

 

I know this is weird.

I know it from the very first time I saw his CV when he applied a job in my office.

I know that something I shouldn’t have, naturally I felt whenever he’s near.

 

I feel so comfortable with him.

Ways too confortable.

 

I’m a straight man

 

Am I?

 

“Yahhhhhhh... Hyukjaeeeeee...”

 

“Yahhh!! Why you shout at me, Su ah??” I protest as I thought my ear would be deaf if he keep shouting like that.

 

“You’re the one who call me but nothing heard even I already said hello million times, you monkey!” he said thus makes me tilt my head aside and stare at Donghae who just laugh and mouthing me that I was spacing out while dialing Junsu’s number.

 

My mouth form an ‘o’ as I apologize to Junsu repeatedly.

 

“Su ah... “ I take a deep breath before continue, “I wanna give it a try...”

 

And the silence I hate the most before he’s scream like a stupid man.

 

“Who’s the one who can change your mind huh??? Awww... i know... it must be Donghae... Aish Hyukjae, you really have a soft spot for him huh?”

 

And I feel my face heaten up.

 

“Y-yahh... just tell me when she will come?”  I snap as he just continue laughing.

 

“Hahahaha... okay okay... I will confirm this first. I will text you later... Guess you have to give Donghae a soft kiss after this... He did his best for you, Monkey!” and before I can snap at him more, he already cut the line.

 

“Why you so upset?” Donghae said while put a basket full of french fries and a plate of vegetables. And my eyes just sparkling seeing that strawberry smoothies.

 

Eh? How did he knows about strawberry smoothies?

 

“Hae, how do you know that I love strawberry smoothies?” I try to ask as I feel my heart leap in happiness if he really consider to make my favorite things.

 

“Guessing...” he said shortly as he munches his fries, but I can see a tint red on his cheek.

 

Is he blushing? Is he likes me? Is he... Oh God, Why am I so happy like a atupid girl teenager who discover that her crush just in love with her too.

 

“Really? You’re good in guessing... can you guess my favorite colour?” I try again as I enjoy the smoothies.

 

Wow... the smoothies taste wonderful.

 

“Blue maybe?” he answers again thus makes me smile to the ears.

 

“Are you a fortune teller who knows everything?”

 

“Of course noo... Okay... I just read it. Noona’s diary...” he finally said the truth and I can’t describe the feeling I have inside when I look at his sad eyes.

 

I shouldn’t push him that far...

 

“I’m sorry Donghae, I didn’t mean to make you sad by remember Rae...”

 

“It’s okay Hyuk... It’s fine with me...” he said while throw me a small smile before went to the kitchen  and back to our seat after put a plate of fish fries.

 

“Uwaaaa... is it any occasion? You make a lot of snack...” I said as I take the knife to cut the fish fillet in front of me.

 

“I just wan to... ohh... talking about occassion, when your mom arrive? I should make some meals right?” he stand up then running to his room and come back again with his phone.

 

He’s googling for receipts.

 

I chuckle, “don’t get yourself tired Donghae, we can just deliver pizza...”.

 

“No way... She’s an important person, I know it... I will cook some food for us, but I need to do groceries... are you willing to take care of EunAe, Hyuk?” he said while his eyes stll stuck on his phone screen.

 

Huh? Take care of EunAe? Eun Ae is sleeping right now... and take care of her means I will be at home while Donghae out for groceries.

 

I shook my head.

 

No no no... I will never let him alone outside when I know that Old man already have an eye on me.

 

“No Donghae... I won’t let you go by yourself. Let’s wait for EunAe to wake up and we can go for groceries...” I said firmly.

 

I stare at him who’s blushing right now.

Did I say something wrong?

 

“I will check the refrigerator first then...” he mumble as he walk fast to the kitchen.

 

He’s blushing too much today.

And I’m weirdly happy to see that.

 

I decided to see EunAe, and maybe take a nap for a while. It’s a tiring day, and it’s not even half a day to be through.

 

I see how peacefull EunAe while sleeping, his cheeks is so chubby like Hae...

why I said ‘like Hae’?

why I didn’t say ‘like Rae’, she’s Rae’s and my child...

But She just like Donghae... her eyelash longer than Rae...

 

I was about to fall asleep when suddenly my phone beep once.

A message.

 

-She said that she will come to your house at 7 this evening. Treat her well, Monkey!- from Junsu.

 

I sigh heavily.

It will be awkward I guess.

 

I stand up softly as I retreat to the kitchen.

 

“Hae...” I call him, who was sitting in front of the open refrigerator, checking the foods.

 

“hmm?”

 

“She will come at 7...”

 

“Ohh... okay... we have enough time to prepare and you, Hyukjae...” he stop whatever he did only to stare at me and smile, “prepare yourself to call her ‘mom’... go practise” he said before going back checking the foods.

 

I was about to protest but I think it’s true.

Deep inside my heart I know I miss her, my mom.

 

I smile while walk back to EunAe’s room.

Donghae is really something. His heart is so pure and soft. And I won’t let anything bad happen to him.

I palm my chest as I feel so warm while thinking of Donghae.

 

Never thought that I will be able to love anyone else beside Rae.

 

“uuunngg...”

 

I glance at EunAe who stir in her sleeps and soon open her eyes only to stare at me before she exclaim loudly, “pppaaaaaa...” and I just can’t help but hugging her while thanking Rae that she decided not to give up on our precious daughter.

 

“She’s wake up already?” Donghae come in. I nod as I put EunAe back on the bed.

 

“aaaa...” she extend her hands to Donghae, asking him to lift her quickly. Donghae chuckle while walking to us. “Awww... are you miss me, huh? Tired of your daddy?”

 

“Yahhhh!!!” i pout as EunAe just shout happily in Donghae’s embrace.

 

“See... She’s bore... let’s get some fresh air and do groceries Hyukjae...” he said while change EunAe clothes and put on the diapers.

 

“Okay... let’s go baby...” I said outloud as I jump and run to my room to take my jacket.

 

When I finally all prepare, I see Donghae just wear thin sweater and EunAe just wear a long shirt. Remind me to buy them some thick jacket.

 

“Let’s take the car...”

 

“Why with the bike? I don’t want you to get the traffic, Hyukjae...” he said as I just stare at him smiling. Why he’s so sweet.

 

“Don’t want to take risk of you two to get cold because the thin fabric that you use... remind me to buy some jacket for both of you...” I said as I approach him who hung his head, which I don’t know why he looks sad over my words, and kiss his head shortly, makes him stare at me and EunAe just exclaim happily.

 

“C’mon...” I said as I grab his hand softly, and hiding my blushing face. And why the hell I kissed him? Ugh... Me and I don’t know what happen to my heart now.

 

 

After we reach the store, I quickly ask EunAe for me to be lifted, as he can easily roaming around the store.

 

“Can we buy some uhm, beef?” he suddenly ask as I smile at him and say that he had nothing to be ask about what he can buy since I will pay everything he buy. He nod slowly and I see a red tint on his cheeks. Its so cute that I just want to pinch it.

 

In half an hour Donghae get all he need and I drag him to the jacket section and ask him to choose some for him and some for EunAe.

 

EunAe can’t help but keep on exclaiming whenever she sees fish printed on the jacket. Well... she likes those orange fishes. I wonder why. I never know that Rae likes some cartoons like that.

 

“Awww... you like Nemos right EunAe... he’s so cute righttt??? I know ittt... okayyy... we will buy it for you then...” Donghae squeals as now he brings EunAe here and there while me pushing the trolley.

 

I guess I know why she likes all those orange fishes. Donghae seems crazy when it comes to that thing with his eyes sparkling and EunAe get no better since she squeals loudly while claps her tiny hands.

 

 

“Having fun huh?? Never thought that a CEO like you will roaming around the store while pushing the trolley...”  

 

And my heart just can’t handle it when it feels like falling down to my stomach.

===================================================================================================

I know it short... qiqiqiqi... but i just want to update :p

hope you all like it...

Love,

dc