16th Month

Love Is Timing

To: Kim Namjoo

Hi, what are you up to?

 

To: Im Siwan Sunbaenim

Cooking Ramyeon for welcoming world cup madness! ^^

 

To: Kim Namjoo

Ramyeon?

 

To: Im Siwan Sunbaenim

my brothers are in the house. we are too lazy to go out and we have to wait for 3 hours to get our chicken delivered. so… ramyeon is the best choice. Do you watch the match with your friends?

 

To: Kim Namjoo

ARE YOU REALLY NOT GOING TO COME? 

 

To: Byun Baekhyun

stop typing in caps lock. I said my brothers are home. I can't.

 

To: Kim Namjoo

who are you? ouch- traitor

 

To: Oh Sehun

………………….. I'm telling Oh Hayoung about your stupid crush since high school. 

 

To: Kim Namjoo

We all gather for the world cup opening. I'll tell Chorong Noona to make Bang Minah the next manager. 

 

To: Park Chanyeol 

Bang Minah is there? 

 

To: Kim Namjoo

You know it's not the point. The point is… COME HERE KIM NAMJOO

 

To: Kim Namjoo

don't. you. dare. to. tell. oh. hayoung. or. i. will. hate. you. forever. 

 

Namjoo ignored the last message from Sehun, he knew that she wouldn't spill the beans to Oh Hayoung. Her mind was occupied with something else. Bang Minah is in soccer club gathering? She knew that the soccer club members gathered to watch the first world cup match, but what is she doing there? There was no secret that Jongdae annoyed by the girl and Luhan secretly blamed Minah for jump into the fight with Yewon last time. Namjoo held her cellphone tightly, decided to wait another ten minutes for Jongdae's message. 

 

She noticed that something happened at the night she left the hospital with the troublemakers, but she didn't really know what that was. After the stolen kiss and the makeup, her friendship was never back on the right track like before, they secretly avoided to be left alone. Being dragged everywhere she went, Sehun was automatically becoming her shield meanwhile Jongdae had Baekhyun. She always thought it was all about time. Everything would come back to normal. Just like before. But… if Bang Minah came to the soccer gathering today, then… 

 

BZZZ!

Sehun sent her another message to make sure his crush to popular girl Oh Hayoung was safe in secret, Chorong tried to convinced her to come, and Baekhyun texted her to buy fried chicken in her way, concluded his self that she would come. But the message she waited never came. Even Luhan asked her where she was, but nothing from Jongdae. 

 

She thought for a little while, if it's necessary to come just because… she felt insecure about Jongdae and Minah. She let out a big sigh, I pushed him aside but now I feel insecure? Great, Kim Namjoo. You are really the greatest. After letting her heart and her brain dwelled for a moment, she rose up from her seat and took her jacket from the wall hangers. 

"Do you want to go somewhere?" Namjoo startled to hear Sunggyu's voice. Although his tone was normal, it sounded like she was being judged. 

One second passed and Sunggyu still waited for her answer, not to mention Woohyun who now stared at her, still with apron around his waist and chopstick in his hand. Namjoo caught the glimpse of four ramyeon package on the table, "Fried Chicken. I would go to buy it," she acted so that her brothers wouldn't be suspicious, "Geez, my bad to have three lazy brothers around. Why can't we choose family members by ourself?" 

Hoya took his cellphone on the table, "I'll go with you," 

"No, no, no," Namjoo immediately approached the front door. Hoya would ruin her plan if he was stick around. "I will go by myself. I won't take a long time,"

"You better not," Sunggyu nodded. "I want to have spicy chicken," 

Namjoo held her self not to throw something at the eldest, "Okay. I'll be back," she mumbled that she would be okay when Hoya asked her once more. 

She opened the front door and she found someone about to press the bell, "Ouch. Good time,"

"Sunbaenim?" 

Siwan grinned to his Hoobae in front of him, showed his hand which held plastic bags, "Fried Chicken Delivery!" 

Now she didn't have another reason to go out. 

 

***

 

"Is she really not going to come?" Luhan asked Chorong once more. The manager and her boyfriend was busy to arranged the snack, the beverage, and five big package of fried chicken on the table. 

"I have sent her a message. She said that she can't go out because her brothers are home," Chorong took a big plate and put the chicken on it. Yixing was also helping her with the garbage. 

"FRIED CHICKEN!!!" Chanyeol, Sehun, and Baekhyun approached the main table with beamed eyes. 

"Don't touch my chicken," Jongin gave them a glare across the room. 

"There are enough chicken for all," Chorong rolled her eyes, "Sometimes I asked my self why I have to be stuck between kindergarden kids," 

Suho took the plate that she held, scoring a snort from her brother, "You know why, Noona. It's either because of your lovely brother or your lovely boyfriend," 

Suho gave a wink to his girlfriend while Baekhyeon cringed in his spot, "I don't think it's because of you," 

"Is it Jongdae?" Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes towards the door, followed by the others. They saw the striker walked hardly because of the crutches. But what made their eyes widened was the girl beside him, "She isn't Namjoo, right?"

"Bang… Minah?" Chanyeol slowly spelled the name, when they were in the close distance. 

"Bang Minah!" Baekhyun repeated the name with cheerful tone. Finally, Kim Jongdae!!  He wasn't really rooting for Jongdae to be together with Minah, he was rooting for Jongdae to be together with someone cute and funny. When Minah was already under his spell… why not? 

Yixing and Minseok threw a worried glance to the captain. They could easily recognize his hardened face, "Luhan-ah," Minseok nudged him from aside. "Are you okay?" 

Still pursed his lips, he nodded slowly, whisper to the two while the other team member welcoming Minah and Jongdae, "I have heard the story from you, Yixing. I still have to thank her," 

Yixing and Minseok sighed in relieved when Luhan took steps towards the striker, "Welcome to our club, Bang Minah! And congratulation of your relationship!!" he patted Jongdae's upper arm. 

"Ah… no… we are not…" 

Baekhyun shoved a glass of coke into Minah's hand and took over her place to help Jongdae, "Don't be shy here! I guess you already know most of us, but I'm Byun Baekhyun," he flashed his famous rectangle smile, "I ate your bentos most of the time," 

"Yah! Don't talk rubbish," Jongdae tried to push him with his occupied arm. "And we are not…" 

"I never know what you are looking in Jongdae Hyung," Sehun said, rubbed his chin slowly. "I befriend with him for over years now and I still don't find it," 

They all laughed hearing the mean statement from the maknae. Minah smiled widely, she was glad that she was accepted by the soccer club. 

 

***

 

"I never know you are my sister's sunbae!" Sunggyu patted Siwan's arm. He was in shocked when he saw his high school friend in front of their door, claiming his self as delivery man. 

"I never know that you are Namjoo's brother!" Siwan laughed, felt happy that he was accepted in their house. Not as in law maybe, but as Sunggyu's friend which definitely a benefit. He thought a lot whether he should go to Namjoo's house or not, but advice from his best friend Kwanghee, coming as delivery boy was really not bad. He should listen to his friend more. 

"Many people said something similar," Woohyun put the coke bottle on the table, along with glass for Siwan. "Just look at our eyes. We three have big sparkling eyes," he looked at the first born with judgment, "sometimes I wonder if you are our step brother," 

Siwan laughed, it really brought back memories; all of their high school friends always made fun of his eyes. He met a gaze with Hoya who sat across the table, the boy was obviously didn't welcome him warm like the his Hyungs. There are plenty of times to win the brother's heart, but for now, Namjoo's feeling was what mattered. 

 

***

 

 

Minah looked around. It was not her first time to be in the soccer club room, but it was indeed her first time to have plenty of time looking around. Last time she was trespassing with Yerim and Hayoung just because of curiousness, how Jongdae's locker looked like. The mission failed miserably because of course, all the locker locked with some codes. "So… it is the manager room, more likely a meeting room for Luhan Hyung, Minseok Hyung, and Yixing Hyung," While Jongdae was showing her around, the other members were busy eating and chatting in the main room. "It's also used for storage room, like documentation or files or something like that… sorry, I'm boring you right?" 

Minah shook her head immediately, no way that mighty Kim Jongdae would bore her, "No… the room is… pretty clean," The last time she was there, the clubroom was a big mess. 

Jongdae chuckled in proud, "I cleaned up the whole clubroom last time," he patted his chest, "Okay, it was because of punishment but… it's not the point," 

Minah widened her eyes, "You did it alone?" 

The scene from eight months ago flashed in his mind; how they cleaned up the whole room together; put the music out loud, danced and sang goofily around the benches and of course, the love confession. It frustrated him to find their friendship was crushed just because of one stupid move

"Jongdae?" 

Minah's voice woke him up, "Sorry," he cleared his throat. "No, the other helped me too," he moved his crutches towards the door, "Let's go outside. The members wait for us," 

 

***

 

"I had a great night thank you," Siwan smiled to his Hoobae. They walked side by side to the main street where Siwan could catch the taxi. Hoya offered himself to accompany them but Sunggyu shut him up and sent him to the kitchen while waving his hand to his old high school friend and her sister. 

"We had a great night, thank you to you too, Sunbae," she chuckled, "Or I have to call you, delivery boy?"

Siwan laughed, "You can call me Oppa. I thought I already said it to you too many times," 

Namjoo stopped her step, "Sunbae, I have something to tell you," 

From her tone, Siwan knew where their conversation led to. 

 

***

 

When all the members went outside, they decided to leave Jongdae and Minah alone in the room (it was a little bit suspicious though. Baekhyun said it too loud that they had to begin the fireworks party soon; Luhan grumbled why they had to leave their clubroom just for certain girl that they didn't really know and how Minseok shut him up and dragged him outside). Jongdae wondered when were the members agreeing on helping Minah (because he thought this situation wouldn't help him at all), because it was just too obvious that they left the room because of Baekhyun decision. Come on, it was public secret that Jongin and Tao hated fireworks. 

Minah turned her head to the striker, "I am always wondering how your locker looked like,"

"It is… pretty normal... I guess?" 

She smiled with her eyes, making the boy melting in his seat even if he didn't want to, "I want to see it. Can I?" 

"That one beside the door is Lay Hyung's and then Baekhyun's, Chanyeol's, and Suho Hyung's" Jongdae pointed the lockers one by one. He didn't really have to do it actually, since every locker had it name on it. But being together with cute girl in one room also made him nervous. "The one beside the bench is Tao, and come the vice captain and the captain. And this is mine," he rose up from the bench and put a codes on the lock. Minah took a peek inside the locker, it was really clean. There were a piled up clean clothes on the upper side of the locker and soccer shirts were on the hangers. It also smelled nice, "It smells nice, right?" Jongdae flashed a smile. 

"It really does," she caught a glimpse of air freshener between the hangers. There were two photos attached on the locker door, one was the whole soccer team in an event and the other one was the photo of Jongdae, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Sehun, and Namjoo together at the cinema. Minah sighed secretly, she waited for nearly two years to be in this moment. When it came, surely she wouldn't let it pass. 

She closed the locker door, "Jongdae-ya, I want to tell you something,"

From her tone, Jongdae knew where their conversation led to. 

 

***

 

 

15th Month. 

Siwan gave the vanilla ice cream to the girl in front of her and smiled widely when she looked at it with beamed eyes. When was the first time he was interested in her? Was it five or six months ago? He wanted to stop by in the soccer club to meet Xi Luhan the captain, giving a rejection for the proposal of joining a Seoul Soccer Competition. Their University's name was nearly tarnished because of the fight between the soccer club and Yonsei last year and not to mention the upcoming event University Birthday which up amount of money. So the competition was not a priority of the student council right now. 

Peeking out the door to search for the captain, he took a glimpse of a work hard Kim Namjoo who cleaned up the whole clubroom. She wasn't alone but Siwan didn't catch who the other boy was. He chuckled as seeing her with napkin around her hair; making a goofy movement tried to lip-sync a famous pop song. He was bewitched by the sound of her laugh; it sounded so carefree and genuine. He stood in front of the door for another ten minutes, enjoying the free performance. The buzz on his right pocket woke him up, Kwanghee. Before turned his back, he decided right away that the soccer club would get what they needed; full financial support from the student council. He just had to make sure that Luhan didn't know to whom he should say thank you. 

After that afternoon, he found himself time to time sitting in the supporter bench, observing the movement of a certain fairy across the field. Even Kwanghee his best friend who was also the secretary of the student council shook his head in disbelief, wondering since when Im Siwan took an interest in soccer or sport in general. He only laughed at the statement, following by the order to recruit Kim Namjoo as the new member of the student council. 

 

"Did you have a great day today?" Siwan asked Namjoo who was busy eating her ice cream. He chuckled when the melted ice dropped in her fingers. "You are clumsy girl," 

She blushed when Siwan wiped her fingers with tissue paper, "Thank you, Sunbae," she grinned, "I had a great great day! This was my first time in Coex Aquarium,"

"It's a good thing if you are happy," he smiled. After waited for Namjoo to finish her ice, he thought now was the right timing to confess, "Namjoo-ya. I want to say something," 

Namjoo raised her eyebrows, is it the time? She sensed it from the first time why Siwan did all the efforts to make her happy. Which girl wouldn't sense it?

"I don't know when this feeling started to bloom, but I know it won't stop," Siwan took her hand, secretly hoped that she wouldn't pull it back. "I'm enjoying every second with you and I hope you too. Can you give me a chance?" 

Namjoo blinked in slow motion, stared at beautiful genuine eyes in front of her. 

 

 

***

 

15th Month. 

"The second I heard your voice, I forgot all my problems," she continued, "I was stunned by your voice, I never heard such a clear and beautiful voice before," 

She looked at Jongdae in the eye, "From that moment, I… fall in love with you," 

Jongdae was frozen on his bed, never in his life he accepted such a beautiful confession like this before. "Minah… I'm…" 

Minah flashed a smile, "Did I make you nervous? Hayoung said it's a good start," 

He ruffled his back hair, how should i put this. He was really flattered by the confession, but he couldn't lie that his heart belongs to someone else. Every scene of the random conversation flashed on his mind. 

 

'I met Bang Minah in Finance Class, she's pretty nice...'

'Open your eyes, Jongdae! She's cute, she's beautiful…'

'Note to your self, Mister, that friends don't kiss,'

'I heard the rumor, about you and Im Siwan Sunbaenim…' 

 

"I know you see me as a nuisance," Minah said slowly. 

"Me? I don't," he immediately denied the statement. He was really disappointed in his self, why did she judge her just from her appearance? He was sure that she was a nice girl. 

"Thank you for lying," she grinned. She looked Jongdae in the eye, "I… I just want you to give me a chance," 

 

***

 

"I have something to tell you," Namjoo stopped her step. "I'm sorry, Sunbae… the chance that we talked about last time…"

Siwan gave the girl a faded smile although she was busy staring her shoes. He really could guess that this night wouldn't be his best night. "You can't give it to me, right?" 

Namjoo shifted her gaze to him, and she was still seeing the beautiful genuine eyes in front of her. But this time, she could see that it beamed sadness. "I'm sorry,"

Siwan patted her top of the head, "You don't have to say sorry," he smiled again. "The one who wins your heart is really a lucky person," 

"Sunbae…"

"I'm going home now okay. You should too," he sighed and turned his back, "Tell Sunggyu that I can't stop by to his house again from now on," 

 

***

 

"I want to tell you something," Minah took one step closer and sat beside him on the bench. "My friends told me that I'm a stupid girl. Why I always look up to someone who doesn't even know me, why I always wasted my time cheered on someone who saw me as a nuisance,"

"I told you I don't…" 

She smiled, "I'm glad you said that," she squeezed her hands due to nervousness, "I… I really really like you, Jongdae," 

"Hey," Jongdae took her hands. He might be a troll but he knew he wasn't an , not even in his dreams he would let a girl confess to him twice or embarrassing her self. Moreover, his unrequited love was coming to an end. Might be somewhere in the other side of the town, Namjoo was being happy with Siwan right now. "I can't promise you anything right now. But I can try…," Minah rounded her eyes in shock, she couldn't believe her hearing, "… We can try, if you want to." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

errrr you can kill me right now.