15th Month

Love Is Timing

Jongdae tapped the space bar continuously, didn't let a single monster attack his area. Beside his character was Chunji's, "Protect the quarter!" he shouted. 

"I try, I try," Chunji exact the same thing with him, didn't care if his keyboard damaged after the game. 

BZZZZ!

"Jongdae, your phone," Chunji glanced Jongdae's cellphone beside him. 

"Let it be," Jongdae's eyes was still fixed on the display. "Maybe it's Baekhy…"

"It's Namjoo," Chunji read the pop up message. Jongdae left his laptop and sprang over his best friends, let go all of the defense in his area, "Yah! Kim Jongdae! Just one level left and we could attack the King!" Chunji moaned in disbelief. 

"Chunji-ya, what should I do. What should I do," 

Chunji decided to give up at the current level, peeked out over Jongdae's shoulder, "What did she write?" 

"Jongdae-ya,," he read out the text, "Sleep?" 

"And then?" 

"No. Just that," his hand was shaking, barely held the cellphone, "What should I write?" 

"Don't let her wait too long," he said, "if she asked that, that meant she want to talk to you," 

 

BZZZ!

Jongdae: Not yet. 

Jongdae: are you still doing your assignment?

Namjoo: yes. 

Namjoo: can we talk after practice tomorrow?

Jongdae: sure 

Namjoo: see you tomorrow then

Jongdae: see you

Jongdae: Sleep tight, Namjoo-ya

 

***

 

 

Luhan approached Jongdae who laid down on the green field. He was too tired to move after Yixing blew the whistle, a sign that the practice had already ended. "Jongdae-ya,"

He didn't move, still covering his face with his left arm, "Hyung, I'm tired," He knew that the captain came to nag. 

"I know that you have problems, maybe also pile up of assignment. Your performance was never like this before," Luhan tapped his thigh. "You can talk to me if you want," 

Jongdae peeked out behind his arm, little bit surprise. This was the first time Luhan really concerned about his problem, not just nagging about how near the Seoul Soccer Competition was, "Did Minseok Hyung rejected you?" 

Luhan's face turned red in a second, hit the younger in his arm, "What the hell, Kim Jongdae, I just tried to be nice," 

Jongdae laughed, "Stop being nice, Hyung, because I'm okay," he glanced at Namjoo's shadow in the waiting bench, busy distributing water bottle for the members. He smiled weakly, "I'm okay, Hyung," 

 

Chanyeol raised his eyebrows, seeing Jongdae went out from the shower room earlier than usual, "Already?" 

Jongdae took the towel and ruffled his hair, "I have to go. Don't wait for me, okay? See you tomorrow!" 

Usually, Jongdae was the last one who went out from the room. Sometimes Suho had to drag him out from the shower, nagging how long he needed to wash up and told him that Chorong had waited for him too long to lock the door. But today was different, he knew that he couldn't focus on whatever he was doing. He failed to receive passes from Kris and Jongin most all the times, even the kind and patient Minseok Hyung had to come over and gave him a good scold. He just could mumble sorry before sighing and realizing that Namjoo kept an eye of him from the waiting bench, making him felt worse. 

It was not like Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Sehun didn't realize what happened with him, but because they knew him very well, so they avoided to intervene. They did ask him what happened, and Jongdae just rolled his eyes, trolling like usual. The trio just sighed, didn't want to push him further, even Baekhyun knew that you would rather not have problem with angry Jongdae. 

 

Namjoo sat on their usual seat in the cafeteria, waiting for Jongdae. Her eyes fixed on her economic books, but not a single line she could process in her mind. She didn't really know what she should say to Jongdae, but she knew it was so selfish to drag her confused feeling for too long. 

Not only Jongdae, she also missed the boys. Chanyeol asked for the nth times what happened with her, why she was rarely staying after her classes. She couldn't say that she avoided Jongdae or she had to go before Jongdae came over, right? 

"Hey," a voice greeted her. Namjoo shifted her gaze from the book to him, "Have you waited too long?" 

Namjoo smiled, shook her head, "No. Just trying to read," she moved uneasy in her seat, "Do you want something to drink?"

Shaking his head, he took a seat in front of her, "I'm fine," 

She closed her book, "Did Luhan Oppa and Minseok Oppa get angry?"

Jongdae laughed awkwardly, "Did I really mess up the game badly?" 

Namjoo shrugged, but still looked worried, "It's just practice, don't worry," 

"You are the one who looks like one," he smirked. 

Namjoo pouted, "I'm not," 

Jongdae reached out his hand, wanted to pat her head. His hand stopped on the way, realizing what he'd do. "Sorry,"

Before he drew back, Namjoo took his hand and put it on her head, "Don't act like you are not my best friend, Kim Jongdae," she shrugged, hoping that it was not too awkward. "You are always one," 

His hand was still on top of her head, it softly, "Namjoo-ya," 

Namjoo grinned, "You are forgiven, Troll Master," she dared her self to look at his eyes, "But, note to your self, Mister, that friends don't kiss," 

Jongdae nodded and grinned back awkwardly. If a best friend was someone that Namjoo needed, he was ready to act like one. It was included to erase his feelings. 

 

***

 

Namjoo rolled in her bed, couldn't close her eyes. Are you satisfied now, that you befriend again with Kim Jongdae?

 

***

 

"We made up," Jongdae gave Chunji short explanation why they met tonight. 

Chunji paused a moment before took his beer glass, "I guessed it's not going too well?"

"As friend, she said," Jongdae whispered. "Best friend," 

 

*** 

 

"KIM NAMJOO!!!! You are here!" Baekhyun exaggerated his greetings, happy to see long lost friend Namjoo in Jongdae's house. 

Sehun and Chanyeol were hugging each other, "It's been awhile since were together!" 

"You are all exaggerating!" Namjoo laughed. 

"I really thought that you left us for Student Council," Sehun pouted. "Or you don't want to befriend with us again,"

"What a nonsense!" Namjoo rolled her eyes, secretly felt guilty. Across the room, she could also see Jongdae avoided Sehun's eyes, awkwardly busy with his books. 

Baekhyun patted Jongdae's thigh, "This babo over here was also moody because of you,"

"What? Me?" Jongdae flustered. He rolled his eyes, copying Namjoo, "What a nonsense," 

"You are really moody lately, Jongdae-ya," Chanyeol put the pencil between his lips. "You even made Minseok Hyung mad because you messed up last practice," 

"It's other way around, you stupid giant," Jongdae defensed him self, "I was moody because I messed up last practice," 

Chanyeol scratched his head, "Is it really so?" 

Namjoo was panic a little, didn't want to their little secret got busted. "The most important things is… I am here, people!" she took out beverage from the paper bag, "Here! Coffee for you all!" 

Baekhyun didn't spring over in happiness like last time though, he was still trauma that Namjoo brought five cups Americano for all of them, "Is that… Americano?" 

Namjoo laughed, took the red cup and gave it to Sehun, "Here, Vanilla Caramel for Sehun, Toffee Nut Latte for Chanyeol, and Americano for Jongdae," she gave the last cup for Baekhyun, "Here, Peppermint Coffee with marshmallow," 

"But I like peppermint mocha," Baekhyun whined. He shut his mouth after seeing her death glare, "Thank you, Kim Namjoo, you are the best!"

 

***

 

"Namjoo! Yah Kim Namjoo!" Baekhyun elbowed the girl beside him, wanting her attention. "Are you listening to me?"

"Sorry," she put her cellphone on the table, "What did you say?" 

"He asks you if we should go to Bubble Tea after practice," Jongdae explained. "Why are you so busy with your phone? Did something happen?" 

"Nope. Just Siwan Oppa wanted to meet tomorrow," she shrugged her shoulder. "Ah, yes, we should go to Bubble Tea. It's been awhile since Baby Hun went there," she giggled to Sehun.

Jongdae sighed secretly, regretting his decision to ask. Curiosity killed the cat, Kim Jongdae. 

 

***

 

"So we have just to focus on the pass?" Tao asked Yixing, who briefly explained one of thousand strategy for the upcoming championship. 

Luhan tapped the dot on the board, "Yes. You and Jongin need to be able to pass block," 

Xiumin nodded, "It's a little bit tiring though, also for the striker, since you have to quickly read the situation, score goals, and making comebacks,"

Jongdae and Sehun the striker nodded in sync, understanding the strategy. At that time, Namjoo's cellphone was ringing shortly, kakao talk. Luhan turned his head to the girl, "You should put your cellphone in silent mode, Namjoo-ya," 

"Sorry," she mumbled. Jongdae didn't really catch what Sehun said about the strategy since he was observing the girl unconsciously. And he didn't feel like it when he noticed she smiled over the message she read. 

 

***

 

Namjoo looked around in the park, where was her Sunbae? They promised to meet at two o'clock, and Namjoo felt guilt because she was ten minutes too late. "Namjoo-ya!" she turned her back, seeing Siwan with two cups of Ice Coffee in his hand. 

"Sunbaenim! I'm sorry I'm late," 

"It's okay," he flashed a smile. It was not secret anymore that he was one of the eligible student; smart, handsome, and kind. Some sources even said that he was a chaebol, adding another point to his perfect list. "Did something happen?" 

Namjoo paused a moment, actually she accompanied Jongdae to buy gift for his mother. But she didn't feel right to say that, "I missed the bus, sorry Sunbae," 

Siwan nodded and  gave her the cup, "Here, your favorite americano," 

"Where are we going today?" Girl's feeling; Namjoo knew what would happen today; why Siwan want to meet her outside the campus. She didn't tell anyone about it, the boys would surely make fun of her. And his brothers might stalk them behind the bush. 

Siwan winked his eyes, "You'll know," 

 

***

 

"KIM NAMJOOOOOO!" Namjoo didn't have to peek out behind her books to know whom the voice belongs to. 

"Oh my god, Baekhyunnie," Jongdae growled on his seat, not too happy because the scream woke him up. "Namjoo-ya, have you done something wrong?"

Namjoo shrugged her shoulder, couldn't really guess why he had to make stormy encounter. Baekhyun took his seat between Sehun and Chanyeol, "Wooooo~~~ Kim Namjoo~~~ you are a girl,"

She let out a sigh, stared the Brunette with displeased look, "Congratulation for realizing it after…. 1 year and 3 months," 

Baekhyun smirked, "Please welcome~~ Lady Namjoo," 

"You knew something, right, Hyung?" Sehun guessed it right once he recognized Baekhyun's famous grin. Jongdae in front of him gave up his rest time, decided to join the gossip time. As the diva of the group, Baekhyun always came back with the hottest gossip in his hand. No one knew how he could he find out about it, the rumors from Engineering Faculty until the hot gossip from Architecture Faculty, which was complete different building. 

Baekhyun took her hand and shook them, making Jongdae wanted to throw something at his face, "I heard the rumor, about you and Siwan Sunbaenim," 

Chanyeol slammed the table, "What? Wait, wait! You and Im Siwan?" 

Jongdae froze for a second, didn't really know what kind of reaction he should gave. His throat was suddenly getting dry and his heart thumped like crazy. 

Sehun looked at Namjoo's face, he was as shocked as Chanyeol, "Are you getting together or what?" 

Namjoo looked flustered, stared at the boys one by one. She didn't know why but she avoided Jongdae's gaze from her side, "He… asked… me," 

"If you wanted to be his girlfriend?" Chanyeol continued her sentence, his mouth was hanging open due to shock. 

"Congratulation!!!!" Sehun grabbed her hand, shoving Baekhyun to the side. "I'm waiting for your treat!!"

"He indeed asked me if…" 

Baekhyun clapped his hands, "Who would reject Im Siwan, right? Handsome, rich, part of student council," he nodded his head, "Congratulation, Kim Namjoo, you've secured the title of businessman's wife,"

Jongdae laughed awkwardly, cleared his throat before patting the girl's shoulder, "Congratulation, Mrs. Im," he took his bag on his shoulder. "Now, I have to excuse myself because the diligent Kim Jongdae took over the brain. See you later, peasant," 

Sehun waved his hand, "Don't forget the last practice today, Hyung! Or Minseok Hyung would kill you on the spot," 

Chanyeol laughed, "Luhan Hyung won't let him do the honours, he would do it himself," 

Jongdae waved his hand blindly, he didn't look back. 

 

Namjoo stared at his back until he was disappeared behind the wall. 

 

***

 

"What happened with Jongdae?" Minseok nudged Luhan on the side. "Did you scold him?" 

"No," Luhan shook his head, still monitoring Jongdae's movement from the side. "But I don't think we need to complain, he plays with spirit today,"

Minseok tilted his head, "A little bit too much," he took a peek at the play board, counting briefly the goals had Jongdae made today. Almost the same amount with the yellow card he earned. "He needs to be careful. Are you sure he is okay, Lu?"

Luhan poked Minseok's cheek with his pen, "You worry too much. He will be fine tomorrow," 

Minseok looked determined, "Yes. Tomorrow is the day. We will face our long term enemy," 

 

***

 

"Today is the day," Minah hummed a song while making a bento for Jongdae. She glanced the couch where all her things piled up; JONGDAE JJANG! Banner, energy drinks for the whole team, and not to forget the pom poms. She scrunched her nose cutely imagining Jongdae's smile once he received the bento box. "I hope they will do well. They had already practiced like crazy for the past three months,"

While packing some sausages in the box she sighed, "Why the first day has to be Yonsei," even Minah knew that the teams wasn't in a good term with Yonsei. Last time they lost the game, Minah accused the other team not playing fair; Namjoon the striker secretly pushed Kyungsoo from the back. As a big fans of the team, she only hoped no one would hurt the boys. 

 

***

 

The member's faces was hardened once the blue bus arrived at the campus parking lot. Five minutes later, Yonsei University Soccer Team lined up in front of their bus, led by the captain, Bang Yongguk. Welcoming the opposite team, Luhan didn't feel intimidated by their presence, "Welcome in our university," 

Yongguk nodded and shook his hand, "Thank you," 

Having almost the same winning record, they always had been enemy since years ago. Both team captain actually always were in a good term, the problem was their members couldn't stay still. "I see that you bring a lot of new members," Jongdae spoke up, checking out the new faces. 

Even Luhan's glare couldn't stop their mouths. Baekhyun smirked, "Need a new formation to beat us?"

Now even Jongin stepped in, "In your dreams," 

"Let see who would cry by the end of the day," a boy with orange hair challenged them back. 

Minseok shook his head secretly, let out a sigh, today's match wouldn't be easy. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n Because I still couldn't move on from BAP concert; introduce you... Yonsei Soccer Team; BAP+BTS!

I'm working on my final project rite now -- I'm so sorry I couldn't update regularly, but I'll try!