15th Month-2

Love Is Timing

2nd Half Time; SEOUL UNIVERSITY VS YONSEI UNIVERSITY : 1-1

 

Jongdae wiped sweat on his forehead, monitored all of the movement from side of the green field. He could see the number 3, Jung Daehyun, kept an eye on him since awhile. He had to be careful, as good as he was on the green field, Jongdae was also hot blooded. As Minseok predicted on the day before, he got his first yellow card on the first fifteen minutes of the game. One false movement and he could be sent out from the field. 

From far away, Kyungsoo dribbled the ball and gave a long passing to Kris in the middle of the field. Kris headed the ball before it landed in front of Taehyung and Luhan. Of course the team captain didn't want to all the efforts went to waste, he made a turn to trick the orange hair boy and passed the ball to Sehun who tried to score a goal. All the audience shrieked in disbelief when Junhong the keeper caught the ball with all his might. 

 

"AAAAAAAHHHH," Minah covered her face as Sehun failed to score a goal. It was just ten minutes left before the match ended. Yerim and Hayoung were sitting beside her, didn't understand why Minah was always attracted to the games. "AAAAH I HATE THAT GIANT KEEPER!!" 

"He's cute," Hayoung commented, after squeezing her eyes, observed the dark blonde keeper. 

Minah pushed her friend to the side, feeling betrayed, "He's enemy, Oh Hayoung!" 

Hayoung rolled her eyes, "It doesn't make him less cute," 

Yerim laughed, "Hayoung is always attracted to tall guy," 

"Correction," she pointed her finger, "Tall guy with cute face," 

"Then I recommend Oh Sehun guy or Park Chanyeol from soccer club," Minah pointed the boys on the field. 

Yerim scoffed, "Just because you like Kim Jongdae from soccer club, doesn't mean that Hayoung should be with them too," 

Hayoung put her hair behind her ear, wondering where she had heard the familiar name. 

 

Yixing gave a gestured for Luhan to swap the player, Kyungsoo with Baekhyun. In the middle of the field, Jongdae sighed in relieved. No one couldn't understand him better than Baekhyun. They were like eternal partner, they worked well as a duo. Not just one or two time they tricked the opposite teams, even the team captain and the strategy maker sometimes yelled at them for the inability to read their tactics. When Yixing told Baekhyun and Jongdae to finish the game together, it meant that they should ruin the opposite's team defense by playing without rules. Luhan and Xiumin called them the storm of the field, their secret weapon. 

Two minutes after Baekhyun came, they really shook up the game. The ball was being pin balled from one member to another member; began with Yixing who gave Kris a long pass before the older kicked it toward Tao and it beautifully landed in front of Baekhyun. The mood maker nodded to Jongdae secretly and the latter headed the ball after jumped half from his height. And the incidents broke at the same second as the ball went in to the goal. All the spectator screamed in joy along with the SNU team members before realizing a second later there was something wrong with Jongdae. 

The striker lay down on the ground while holding his right ankle in pain. All the members were too shocked to react, they run toward him and swarmed around. "Jongdae-ya! Are you okay?" Chanyeol who was already been there was kneeling beside him and shook his shoulder lightly. 

At that time Baekhyun pushed Seokjin from Yonsei, "You tripped him, bastard!" Jongin who happened standing beside him held his arm to prevent him for punching Seokjin. "Let me go, Jongin! I saw with my two eyes he tripped Jongdae!" 

Hearing Baekhyun's accuse Sehun rose up from Jongdae's side and punched Seokjin on the face before anyone could hold him. And then Jongup from Yonsei pushed Sehun aside before helping his team member. Luhan immediately held the maknae before he flied another punch. Both team suddenly ready to fight with their fists instead of with game strategy. A second before the fight had erupted, the referee blew the long whistle, "Warning for both teams! Separate immediately or you'll lose your place in the competition!" 

 

Namjoo stood up from the bench as she saw Jongdae lay down on the ground, "Eonnie! Eonnie! What happened?" Chorong told the medical team to go to give him first aid. She was ready to step in to the field before Namjoo held her arm and said with her worry eyes, "Stay here, Eonnie. I will go," 

 

"Don't tell me it's Kim Jongdae!" Minah had her eyes teary when she saw a figure lay in pain on the field. 

"Minah-ya!" Yerim stood up, "It's Jongdae, it's Jongdae!" 

"Oh my god! Oh Sehun punched one of the Yonsei guy!" Hayoung's jaw dropped to see the riot. "Minah! Who is the man who held him? He is the captain, isn't he?" Hayoung turned to her side after not getting the answer from Minah, but no one was there. She asked Yerim, "Where is she?"

Yerim turned her head, palming her face once she knew Minah wasn't there, "Oh gosh, don't tell me she goes to the opposite team like the other time," 

Minah was running in rage, how dare they hurt Kim Jongdae? She saw the familiar figure she was looking for, the manager of the Yonsei team. "Yah! Kim Yewon!" Minah pushed the girl hard. "Can't you all play fair and square?" 

Yewon stepped behind, didn't expect attack from Minah. But likely it was not the first time they met, it was always like this if both team met. Kim Yewon, the high tempered manager from Yonsei, and Bang Minah, SNU soccer team's fan. One time Luhan had given Minseok a proposal to prohibit Minah from all their schedule, but Minseok thought it would be too exaggerating. 

"Can't you see we are the victim? Seokjin was punched and you told me to play fair and square?" She pushed Minah back. 

Jungkook the substitute player who happened being there, stood up between the two girls. He gave signal to the Hyung at the field to help him, but no one paid him attention. Minah pulled Yewon's hair and the cat fight begun with Jungkook being sandwich in the middle. Yewon pushed Jungkook aside to give her better access to pull Minah's hair. Jungkook tried once more to separate them, but ended up being kicked by Yewon. Yixing saw the cat fight and held Minah's arm from behind. One of the referee saw them and separated them with another long whistle, knowing there was another fight, "The Match today is called off. The commission of the Seoul Soccer Championship would announce the decision in one hour," 

 

***

 

Namjoo, Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol escorted Jongdae and the medical team to their campus clinic. Jongdae was laying down on the hospital bed. He scrunched his face every time the bed shook up, even though he didn't nag or whine. He didn't want to exaggerate his pain, even more he knew that because of this accident they could possibly be crossed out from the competition. He incidentally tripped over Seokjin's foot as he was landing on the ground, after headed the ball and made a goal. 

"Hold it for awhile, Jongdae-ya," Kyungsoo gave him a light squeezed on his arm. 

"I'm okay," Jongdae tried hard to maintain his face. 

Chanyeol shook his head, "Stop trolling and lying for a day won't hurt you," 

"I said I'm okay," he said again. "I still can make another goals, you know. Where is Baek? He is really an overreacting diva. Did he start the fight because of me? And Sehunnie punched Seokjin? Oh gosh," he rolled his eyes, "You all love me so much I could cry," 

"Stop talking, Jongdae," Namjoo was annoyed. She knew he was still in pain but acted his heart out so that no one worried about him. 

"And you, Namjoo, why are you here? You should take care of the other team members," he really didn't stop. 

"Tell me once again that you are not in pain," Kyungsoo said it with straight face as he was squeezing Jongdae's right ankle. 

The owner shrieked in pain, "AAAA! ! Kyungsoo! It's hurt!" 

 

This was the first time that the soccer clubroom was quiet although almost all the members were presence. Not just because they were worried about the game and Jongdae, but also felt guilty for Baekhyun and Sehun who now sitting in the middle of the room with their head dropped down. In front of them were Minseok and Luhan, stared at them with loud sigh slipped in between. They were still shocked of what just happened, no one could gulp water at ease. Half of them still holding the water bottles and towels which Chorong distributed earlier. 

"It's not decided if we would be crossed out from the competition or we would rematch with Yonsei," Luhan opened his mouth. 

"The last choice wouldn't be easy with our condition like this," Kris shook his head. 

Minseok nodded, "You are right, Kris. It won't be easy," 

"Sorry," Baekhyun mumbled. "Because of me…" 

"No, I'm sorry," Sehun stood up for his friend, "If only I didn't punch that damn Kim Seokjin…"

"…then I would be the one who punched him," Tao said it loudly. "They never played fair and square. Last time they pushed Kyungsoo and now… Jongdae? They were lucky that I was on the side bench,"

Luhan nodded, "Tao is right, Hun. That's not your fault or Baek's," Minseok looked at the captain beside him in awe before he continued, "But maybe a little bit self control would be better. Ouch!" the vice captain slapped his thigh, making him put another sentence, "The one whose fault here is Kim Seokjin, if he really tripped Jongdae," 

"Where is Yixing?" Minseok looked around, didn't see the strategy maker. 

 

Yixing and Minah glued their ear on the door, trying to listening what the commission decided. Minah was still in messed, her hair was all over the place and her backpack was dirty from previous cat fight with Yewon, "Oh my god. Oh no!" Minah moaned, nearly crying to know that they had decided. 

"We are crossed out from the competition…" Yixing repeated soullessly what the head of the commission said. He rubbed his face in disbelief. 

"This is my fault," she covered her face with her hand. "This is my fault,"

"No. This is not," Yixing put his hand over her shoulder, "Let's go, we…" 

At that time the door was opened, the commission which consist of five persons went out from the room. Minah approached one of the man who was looking mighty to change the decision. "Please, Sir, I beg your pardon. Can you let SNU and Yonsei to have a rematch?"

The man looked at Minah with indescribable face, "Who are you?" 

"I am the biggest fan from SNU," she didn't even stutter to introduce her self. Yixing moved uncomfortably behind her, he didn't know what to do. Should he convince them too or being still was the best thing to do?

A man with grey shirt whispered something to the head of the commission, "Oh, you were the one who had fight with the manager of Yonsei?" 

Minah bowed her head, "I'm sorry. I won't do that again. I'm sorry, Sir," she repeated. "They had practiced really hard for the last five months to prepare the competition. And for them to be crossed out just because of me, the immature fan, it was just unfair,"

Yixing also bowed his head, "For the name of the team, I am also really sorry. We are so immature," 

"If it could change the decision, I won't go to the rest of the competition," Minah declared. Yixing was taken aback of her decision, she knew that Minah was their dedicated fans who'd always been in every practice and matches. He glanced at the girl, but she seemed unmoved. 

 

***

 

After the short noticed from the commission, Luhan was panting back to the clubroom, he opened the door with excitement. "Everyone!!! WE WOULD HAVE REMATCH WITH YONSEI!" 

The room was silent for one more second before the joyful erupted, they screamed and hugged each other like they had already won a match. Minseok hugged Kris, while Baekhyun, Sehun, Jongin, and Tao danced happily around the room. Chorong wrapped her arms to his boyfriend and he giggled in happiness, not sure because of which reason. Yixing was smiled at the corner of the room, immediately sent a message for Minah to say thank you. 

"Silent!" Luhan knocked the table, "But we have a sad news," All of them stopped their moves, "The rematch would be match penalties. Errr…." the captain moved uncomfortably in his spot, "Sehun and Baekhyun couldn't join us for the next two matches. As well as Kim Seokjin and Moon Jongup," he whispered but the whole room still could hear his voice. 

The room was filled with awkward silent, they didn't know if they should be happy because of the rematch or be sad because of the disband of their two members. Baekhyun grinned and patted Sehun's back, "Don't worry about us! It couldn't be more fair than this," 

Sehun nodded, "At least I had punched that bastard on the face," he smirked, "And it's just for two matches, buddy. You have to win two times, so we could join you in the final," 

All the members still stared at each other in discomfort before Baekhyun opened his mouth once again, "It's a happy news, people! Now scream!" 

And a second later, they celebrated the rematch with all their might. 

 

"KIM JONGDAE!" Baekhyun shouted as the whole team visited the striker on the campus clinic. Some nurses glanced them with disgusted look but they didn't say anything. "How is my bro doing?" 

"Yah! Drama queen!" Jongdae throw his pillow to Baekhyun who caught it easily. "Why did you do that? And you maknae!" he flicked his forehead when Sehun happily hugged his arm. 

"Hwoaa.. this Hyung doesn't have heart!" Sehun said. "You should be grateful,"

"Should I?" Jongdae rolled his eyes, he already heard about the rematch from Chanyeol, "I have burden to win the penalty match and I can't blame you both if we lose the game," 

Jongin laughed, "Don't worry, Hyung. We will still blame them," 

Because they were too loud, the nurse said to Luhan and Suho that they had to leave so that they didn't disturb other patient. They went home after bidding goodbye with Jongdae who would stay there for a night (his parents suddenly knew about the news and called the hospital to let them stay. "I told you he is as rich as Suho Hyung," ). Namjoo, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Sehun stayed for another ten minutes to him to his VIP room ("VIP Room? I told you! I told you! I won't be surprised if he gets bodyguards in front of his door," ).

"Okay, you all may go home," Jongdae leaned on his comfortable bed, shooing his friends. 

"Hwoah, Kim Jongdae, really? A VIP Room?" Chanyeol was busy switching the channel while Baekhyun and Sehun sprang on the cozy couch. "Are you chaebol or something?" 

Jongdae shrugged, "My parents are just exaggerating because their handsome and incredibly decent son live faraway from them," 

However Namjoo wasn't really interested in the VIP Room, "Are you really okay?" she hissed as Jongdae nodded his head, "Should I leave one of this three here to help you with anything?" 

"ME! ME!" Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Sehun volunteered them self after hearing her offer. 

Jongdae shook his head in nightmare, "No, thank you. There are nurses here," He looked at his friends, "You all can go home now. It's late," he pointed at Sehun. "Yah! Hun-ah! You have to bring Namjoo first to her house," 

"Geez, Jongdae, mind yourself! I'm okay," Namjoo rejected. "They were tired from the match," 

"You hear me, Oh Sehun," 

 

***

 

Jongdae moved uncomfortably on the bed. VIP my , there is no use to stay in this kind of room if my foot still painful like this, he thought. When I knew staying in hospital could be this boring I would let one of the boys accompany me. He couldn't sleep at all. The pain killer had already stopped to work since an hour ago, but the doctor didn't let him to take another tablet. 

"Jongdae-ya…" a timid voice could be heard from the door. "Sleep?" 

He was startled to see Minah in front of the door, he didn't expect a visitor would come this late. "Bang Minah? What are you doing here?" 

Minah took a small step forward, "Can I come in?" 

In usual condition, he might say no but Yixing Hyung already told him about what happened this afternoon. If Minah didn't beg the commission, they had already been crossed out from the competition. Think about it once more, he had never a proper conversation with Minah. She was always having fun by herself, cheering him in every practice and matches, but she never approached him alone. Once or twice she would send a bento or juices after practice but it was always her friend who gave him the box. 

Jongdae gave her an awkward nod. Baekhyun or Chunji would scold him if they knew how he acted right now ("A cute girl approached you in your room and you acted like awkward potato? Stupid head!") But Jongdae was never good with woman to begin with. Namjoo was the only girl he could talk to, even her mother always complained that he never did aegyo for her. 

Minah sat down on the chair beside the bed, "Is it really hurt?" 

Jongdae shook his head lightly, "Not at all. I'm fine," 

She let out a loud sigh and dropped her head down, "Now you will hate me for sure," she whispered. Jongdae really didn't know what to do. He was only hoping that she wouldn't cry or whine because… why every girl had to be so emotional and break down during conversation? He bet the man-knows-everything Lee Chunji also didn't know the answer or he would shout out a random answer ("Hormones! Hormones! What else?").

Jongdae observed the girl closely. He was sure that she didn't get the chance to go home and cleaned up her self after the match, since her hair was still a messed, her bag was dirty, and she even had scratch in her arms. Suddenly, he felt a pang in his heart, "Why do you like me so much?" Minah lifted up her head, blinked her eyes several times. She didn't hear his annoyed or hating voice. This was the first time Kim Jongdae talked to her! Jongdae blushed in a second, Baekhyun was right; Bang Minah is cute. "I mean… why me? I'm not handsome. I'm average. I'm…" 

"You are Kim Jongdae," she grinned. "And I like you," 

Minah opened her dirty bag and put a bento box in front of him, "This is a bento that I made this morning," she didn't know from where she got the courage to say something like this. "I always gave the box to Yerim but…" she opened the box and closed it a second after, "Sorry, it's not…" 

Jongdae chuckled and snatched the box from her hand. He could read what happened; the box was shaken upside down, making all the food inside got mixed, "It's a bibimbap," he smiled. Actually it was the first time for him to eat her handmade bento. The last bento went to Baekhyun's stomach because had already eaten when Yerim gave him the box. He took a spoon in drawer beside him and ate the bento one mouthful. "it's delicious,"

Minah smiled in relieved. While Jongdae ate another mouthful, she was playing with the corner of the blanket, "It was winter, christmas eve two years ago," she started her story. Jongdae put the bento on the drawer, decided to pay full attention to her story, even though he didn't know where it led to. "My parents got divorced a day before christmas. How perfect my night could be? That night I was running away from home. I was walking alone through Hongdae and I didn't know where to go. I really didn't care," she smirked. "I felt that I was the most miserable human being in the entire world. I was sitting on one of the bench in the park, in front of two street singers. One of them was playing guitar and the other one was singing. That was you," 

Now it made sense why Namjoo mentioned Minah as she asked him to sing on the rooftop. Jongdae could vividly recall what happened that night. Chunji whined the whole time that they should spend the christmas eve at the club since they were both single. The problem was they didn't have any money left. So he grabbed his old guitar and suggested that they should sing on the street. Jongdae refused at the beginning before Chunji mocked him, saying that he was super lame, not a good best friend, and he wouldn't let him standing as a best man in his future wedding. He even said that he would think once more before invite him into his wedding. Jongdae decided not to tell Minah this side story because he knew for sure it would ruin the mood. 

 

 

Did the person you love leave you and go

I'll take you home

Let's go, let's go, because the wind is cold

What's so great about the person who makes you cry

 

"That second I heard your voice, I forgot all my problems," she continued, "I was stunned by your voice, I never heard such a clear and beautiful voice before," 

She looked at Jongdae in the eye, waited a moment before she whispered, "From that moment, I… fall in love with you," 

 

 

 

 

a/n

I know it's cliche but... it's how the world works. 

This should be only 2 or 3 shots; but i've written 20k+ (and still counting). I think it would be a much much much longer than i planned. 

chen's voice ;_____;