4th Month

Love Is Timing

It took only two hours of soccer club gathering before Kim Jongdae and Kim Namjoo got close. Luhan the team captain was the first person who introduced both of them. This is Kim Jongdae, the top striker in our football team. This is Kim Namjoo, the new manager. 

Jongdae only nodded his head, he never opposed Suho's idea to hire a new manager but he also didn't say yes either. He only thought that Chorong was enough for their football club, even though she had so much work taking care of their team. Of course Suho couldn't see his girlfriend suffering alone, since more work for her meant less time to date her. So he gave his proposal to the team captain to hire a new manager, Kim Namjoo from the freshman year. 

This was the first time Namjoo met all the club member. On the corner of the room were the bigwig of the club, Luhan and Xiumin, as the team captain and vice captain, along with them was Yixing the strategy maker. They literally dedicated their life to the soccer field. Sometimes Jongdae and Baekhyun mocked them that they did a part time job as engineering students, comparing the time they spent on the green field and in the class. 

On the right side of the table were seen the defenders:  Kris and Jongin from Business Department, Kyungsoo from Music Department, also Tao who's studying Architecture. The goal keeper seemed didn't bother with the loud atmosphere in the room, he was all lovey dovey with his girlfriend Park Chorong from the same Finance Department. Taking up the middle area were the team troublemaker; Park Chanyeol the happy virus, Byun Baekhyun the diva, Oh Sehun the brat maknae, and along with them Kim Jongdae the troll master. 

She recognized some boys from the freshman years, that's why she decided to seat beside them. At the moment he saw she was taking a seat beside Jongdae, Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, giving her a 'what are you doing in my clique' look, while Chanyeol welcoming her a little bit too warm. The maknae only looked at her coldly, since he always had a hard time to speak with a new people. Jongdae was trolling like usual, but he had a habit to push his trolling brain to its limit when it came to new people to try them out. Jongin and Kyungsoo who joined the team as latest had received a 'lot of love' from Jongdae for at least a month. This time was also not different. But he had to note his self not to overboard, since she was the new manager. Maybe he should give her two chances. 

Having three older brother made Namjoo easier to befriend with bunch of boys. Actually she always had a difficult time to fit on the girls group, since they were more complicated. Boys were funnier, easy to read, and simple. 

It took her only fifteen minutes to change Baekhyun's gaze and Chanyeol laughed even louder after she re-told him the greasy jokes from her second brother, Woohyun. Even Sehun couldn't stop grinning at the rest of the night and said a blunt statement, "You're cool!" Namjoo could talk all night long with them, she quickly responded Jongdae who spoke about gadget and games, since her first brother Sunggyu was a game freak and he let her be his opponent every weekend. 

Jongdae looked Namjoo in awe, not all the girls knew what they were talking about. They thought they knew, but no, just no. Namjoo was different, she even gave her comments about the terrain tactics that he's always using on DOTA. The sparks came from his eyes and Sehun recognized it very well, 'let's do the troll a little bit further'. Sehun shook his head secretly although he didn't expect the older would listen to his opinion. 

But don't call her Namjoo if she didn't pass his test, living 19 years under one roof with Hoya made her know all the trolling tricks. By the end of the night, Jongdae asked her as approval if she would join them in their cafeteria table tomorrow. And the boys nodded in sync. And she said yes. 

 

***

 

"The towels are in the cupboard, put it on the basket first before you bring it outside. These are the water bottles, just take all the bottles to the waiting bench and then you can take this sandwich boxes," Chorong told her what she should do on the training day. "Suho could only eat tuna so give him the red box. No, I will give him that. Give Kris the chicken , it's the yellow one. Just give him that one if you don't want to hear his whining. Tao would eat what Kris eats so give him also the yellow one. Yixing, Jongin, and Kyungsoo would get the blue, it's with smoked beef," 

Namjoo noted all the thing that Chorong said, but it's just not so easy. How could she remember about the details what should be eaten by who? And they were twelve boys. Twelve. 

Chorong laughed to read Namjoo's expression, "Don't worry, the rest of them practically eat everything," she whispered, "And for Luhan, like Tao, he would eat what Xiumin eats. So make sure that you have two of the same box before give them to Xiumin," 

"Are they together?" 

"As if they would acknowledge their feelings," Chorong scoffed. "But yeah. Do you get it?" Namjoo nodded. Chorong swished her hand to the boxes, "Just tell the boys to help you with the heavy stuff. I have to go now and back ten minutes before the rest time start," 

"Don't worry, Eonnie!" 

 

"Bang Minah is here!" Sehun hissed, nudged Chanyeol who sat beside him. Chanyeol gave Jongdae the mischievous smile. 

"What?" Jongdae barked the giant. Having fans sure was a good thing, maybe for Kris or Tao, but not for Jongdae. He never knew how to act around the girl and Bang Minah surely was not the normal one. She came in every soccer training, noted: every single one. She didn't care if it was in the high summer or raining hard, she was always there. She wasn't a normal fans who cheered them when they won or sad when they lost. If it was in idol world, she should have been called a sasaeng fan. She always came with photo apparat in her hand, brought a big banner with KIM JONGDAE JJANG! on it, shouted out loud, "GO! GO! GO! Seoul University Soccer Team!", she was happy when they won, but she was not sad if they lost. She's angry. She would approach the opponent team and shouted that the game wasn't fair. In short, she was the best fan you could get. 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "The cute girl is in front of you. Open your eyes Kim Jongdae," he literally forced Jongdae's eyes to open with his thumb and point finger.

"Yah! Byun Baekhyun!" Surprised with his sudden attack, he pushed Baekhyun to side before patting his eyes lightly. 

"You would go solo for the rest of your life," Baekhyun cussed him. "My mom said that you shouldn't throw food easily," 

Jongdae gave him a look, "And? Is there correlation between your mom quotes with this?" 

"Just saying," Jongdae felt the urge to throw his soccer shoes to Baekhyun. 

Jongdae looked over the green field that Namjoo came out from the club room with hand full of boxes. Good timing to avoid the conversation, he rose up, "I'm done with your trash talk, guys. I will help Namjoo," 

 

"Kim-Jong-Dae! Kim-Jong-Dae!" Minah shouted across the field making Jongdae dead in embarrassment. 

"Who is she?" Namjoo pointed Minah with her chin, since their hand was full with boxes. "She's too loud," a second after she looked apologetic to the boy, "I'm sorry, is she your girlfriend? Sorry, my mouth could be so stupid sometimes," 

Jongdae laughed hearing her blunt comment, "For heaven's sake. No. Just No," 

 

***

 

"This is for you," Namjoo gave the blue box for Kyungsoo and Jongin. "This is for you," the yellow one is for Kris

"Me too! The Yellow!" and Tao. 

"I hope you are okay with tuna," Namjoo handed over the red box to Xiumin, after seeing two red boxes in the package. 

"Don't worry, I eat everything," Xiumin flashed a cute smile to the new manager. It was still hard to believe that he was the eldest in the team. 

"I also eat everything," Luhan came from the side, snatched the towel from Yixing's hand. "But I feel like eating tuna today. Do you have another one?" Namjoo secretly smiled, agreeing for what Chorong had said. She gave the last red box to Luhan. 

"I also want tunaaaa!" Baekhyun came with high pitched voice.

"Too late, Baek," Chanyeol was enjoying his smoked beef sandwich. "Luhan Hyung got the last one," 

"Okay I take the yellow one whatever it is," Baekhyun reached out his hand to take the yellow box from Namjoo. 

Jongdae snatched the box from Namjoo's hand, "Too late, Baek." Jongdae sticked out his tongue, "Jongdae Hyung got the last one," 

Baekhyun pouted, but not complaining, "Give me the blue, please," 

Namjoo giggled, handed over the last blue box, before Sehun came and snatched the box from her hand, "Too late, Baek." The maknae also sticked out his tongue, mocking the older, "Sehun Hyung got the last one," 

"Yah! Oh Sehun!" Baekhyun wanted to chase the brat but he didn't have any strength left after two hours practice. He turned his head to the new manager, "Just hand me the green. What is it?" 

"Vegetarian Sandwich," 

"," he shouted to Sehun who sat beside Kris. "YAH! OH SEHUN! GIVE ME MY BLUE BOX BACK!"

 

***

 

It took only two months to make Kim Namjoo comfortable around the boys. Their conversation was flown, they never run out of topic to be discussed and spoken about. Sometimes it was about game, something that Jongdae really liked, even after a month he found out that Namjoo didn't like game that much, Sunggyu did. But at that time it was too late to cut friendship with her. Moreover, who would cut friendship just because they didn't share the same interest? 

Sometimes it was just about the dumb things. Like who was more handsome with mask on; Spiderman or the iron man. 

Sometimes it was about life; who would you rescue first; your best friend or your lover. Chanyeol and Sehun chose their best friend and making them went… awww. Baekhyun would choose his lover, scoring a hit on his arm from Sehun. Namjoo and Jongdae chose their self without thinking, "Everyone would save him self by the end of the day," Namjoo said, making Chanyeol, Sehun and Baekhyun suddenly wanted to change their answer. 

They didn't need to pretend when they were together. They laughed out loud, too loud, not just one time they were earning some glance from their surroundings, but they were just too busy to realize. They were just happy being together. 

 

***

 

"Stop sending me message during the class, Yeol," Jongdae took a seat beside Baekhyun who was busy with his phone.  

"Don't act like you are listening the prof," the giant scoffed. 

"No. I was trying to sleep," he sent another look to Chanyeol. "And stop sending emoticons!"

"Why? It's cute though," Baekhyun defended his best friend. 

Jongdae rolled his eyes, "It's disgusting and cute things don't fit you," he turned his head to Baekhyun, ignoring pouted Chanyeol. "Where are Sehun and Namjoo? I'm hungry," 

 

***

 

"It's Oh Hayoung!" Sehun widened his eyes, following movement of the flower campus. "She's so perfect," 

"Stop being such a , Oh Sehun," Jongdae hissed. "You only looked at her from far for about… sorry let me count… hundred years? She was your high school friends, right?"

Sehun hit the older on the arm, knowing that he was right, "You don't think she's beautiful, Hyung?"

"She is," he seemed uninterested, "Barbie kind type of girl," 

"What do you mean?"

Jongdae ignored the maknae question, suddenly his face beamed with happiness, "Oh! There are Namjoo with Baekhyun and Chanyeol!" he waved to his friends, while Sehun watched his changing face. Sehun tilted his head for awhile and his lips shaped into a crescent moon, a habit when he was thinking hard. He was smirking and shook his head, whatever he thought, it was just too random. 

 

***

 

"Where is Namjoo?" 

"Why?"

"Just asking,"

 

***

 

Kim Jongdae: Are you coming to practice tomorrow?

Kim Namjoo: Is it even a question?

Kim Jongdae: I want tuna sandwich

Kim Namjoo: Reserved for you!

Kim Jongdae: Thank youuuu. 

Kim Jongdae: Give Baekhyun the vegetarian one.

Kim Namjoo: -_- You know he hates vegetable.

Kim Jongdae: he needs to grow

Kim Namjoo: look who speaks about growing

Kim Jongdae: .

Kim Namjoo: Good Nite, Jongdae.

Kim Namjoo: c u tomorrow 

Kim Namjoo: (= x =)

Kim Jongdae: What is that supposed to be?

Kim Namjoo: It's bunny idiot

 

….

 

Kim Jongdae: good nite. ((・⊥・))

Kim Namjoo: monkey?

 

***

 

"Don't blame me for being late," that was the first sentence that Baekhyun said when he and Chanyeol finally arrived in front of the cinema. "Blame this giant," 

"Sorryyyyyy, friends," Chanyeol rubbed his palms, begging forgiveness to Jongdae and Sehun who had arrived earlier. 

"Bucket of pop corn," Jongdae pointed his finger to Chanyeol, then to Baekhyun, "XXL Coke. Diet coke, please," 

"What?" Baekhyun glared his eyes in disbelief. "Me too?"

"That's your fault being roommate with this giant, Hyung," 

"Don't giant me. You are a giant yourself, Sehun-ah,"

"Where is Namjoo?" Jongdae asked the boys, realizing that they couldn't watch the movies before she came. 

They agreed to wait another fifteen minutes for the girl, since she was the one who suggested to go to cinema. Fifteen minutes became thirty but they couldn't see her anywhere, neither reaching her by phone. Jongdae walked in circle, "Maybe something has happened to her?" 

"Let's wait for another ten minutes," Chanyeol suggested, since he didn't know what to do either. 

"It's already 45 minutes and we couldn't reach her," 

"Assssaaa!" Baekhyun smirked, "Lunch on her!" 

"Is it now the problem?" Jongdae raised his voice to the Brunette. "Lunch? Seriously, Baek?"

"You are overreacting, young man," Baekhyun gave him a look, obviously offended. 

Sehun opened his mouth, "Maybe she fell asleep or trapped in the traffic," 

"And her phone?" Jongdae was still trying to contact her, but there was no sign. Mailbox. 

"Battery dead?" Sehun shrugged his shoulder. 

"Should we call the police?" 

"BOOOOYYYSS!" they turned their heads to the sound source. Namjoo came, half running toward them. 

All of them rose up and swarmed, "Where were you?" 

"I thought you forgot,"

"Lunch on you, Kim Namjoo!" 

"I'm sorry," still panting, she was trying to explain, "Sorry. I was falling asleep on the bus so I had to take another bus to turn back,"

Sehun smirked, gave Jongdae a winner face, "You clumsy girl, I've already guessed!"

"And your phone?" Chanyeol asked her. 

"Battery runs out," Sehun and Namjoo said it in sync and laughed together afterwards. 

"You have to buy us lunch since you late for about… one decade," Baekhyun demanded. Namjoo pouted but didn't complain. She looked at Jongdae who was standing behind Chanyeol, didn't say anything since she arrived. She poked her on the arms, "I'm sorry, Jongdae-ya… I will treat you your favorite sushi okay,"

"Geez, you have to know how he overreacted today. It's a good thing we don't call the police yet," Baekhyun stated, clearly still offended about earlier. 

Chanyeol pushed all of them to the counter, "Let's buy the ticket first," 

Jongdae was still left behind, busy with his mind. Was he really overreacted? He stared at Namjoo who was laughing with Baekhyun and felt something strange in his stomach. 

 

***

 

It took only four months to make Kim Jongdae fell in love with Kim Namjoo, for a better sentence: It took four months to make Kim Jongdae finally realized what he felt. He didn't know what had happened but after sometimes, he couldn't see Namjoo with the same light. She was more cheerful and brighter as usual. Her training suit looked suddenly good on her, her brown hair was more shiny than last time he saw it. And her laugh, that's what he loved the most about her. She made his heart fluttered when she laughed over his joke or when he trolled Chanyeol or Baekhyun (the maknae was still unbeatable). The way she squinted her eyes, covered with her palm, or the way she hit him on the shoulder to make him stop whatever he was trying to tell because she couldn't take it. She's just beautiful. 

 

***

 

"I met Bang Minah in finance class," Namjoo opened the conversation while taking seat between Sehun and Baekhyun. Facing him was Jongdae who sat next to chanyeol.  "She's pretty nice," 

"I told you she's not that bad," Chanyeol stated,  poked Jongdae's arm with his fork. 

"She's just... too loud," Namjoo had to think first before she found the right word. "But she's nice and all," she gave Jongdae a mischievous smile, "and she asked me about you,"

"Yehet!" Sehun shouted. "She really likes you, Hyung!" 

"What did you say to her?" Chanyeol asked her, his chopsticks moved slowly towards Jongdae's meatball.  The owner was too busy to pay attention. Jongdae's heart paltipated, anticipating Namjoo's answer.

"Did you say that he desperately need touch of a woman and the package of a package of great ?" Jongdae kicked Baekhyun's leg under the table a millisecond after Baekhyun closed his mouth. 

"Ieuuuuwwwwh," Namjoo frowned. They sometimes forgot that Namjoo was still a girl, despite how oft she was always hanging out with them. 

"I don’t desperately need it," he stole a glance to Namjoo in front of her, watching her reaction. But he failed to read, she was busy with the food in front of her. 

"Okay. Not desperately, " Sehun corrected his Hyung. 

"Pfff you underage brat," Jongdae rolled his eyes. 

"I don’t know if she will give you that," Namjoo shrugged her shoulder off, "But she's nice,"

"What is that?" Baekhyun asked with all of his innocent voice. 

"Geez, Baek," Namjoo frowned for the second time while Jongdae threw his chopsticks to the brunette. 

"Stop acting like a girl, Kim Namjoo," 

"Sorry for disappointing you, but I am a girl, Byun Baekhyun!" Sehun patted her head, calming her down, earning a glance from Jongdae.

Baekhyun laughed, as if she was telling a joke. "Yes, yes, you are," 

Jongdae throw his bread to Sehun, eyeing that his hand was still on Namjoo's head. "Hey what was that for, Hyung!"

"For being ," 

 

***

 

"Good morning!" Jongdae approached Namjoo who sat on their usual seat in the cafeteria. The girl was facing a thick economy books and piled up paper. 

"Morning, Jongdae," still concentrating to her paper she recognized the boy's voice. 

"You look terrible, Namjoo," he patted her head. "Go get sleep," 

"I can't," she rested her chin on the table, looking Jongdae with puppy eyes. He had to hold himself not to jump over and kiss her chubby cheek, "Exam week is coming and I'm slowly dying here," 

"But you still need sleep," he took a chocolate bar from his bag and put it on the table. "And why do you study here? You are usually in the library," 

"Oh, geez," she acted like she was vomiting, "I couldn't be there anymore. I feel like I want to throw up," she rubbed her temple, "I need new atmosphere,"

"Want to come over to my house?" Namjoo raised her eyebrows hearing his offer, "You know, we can study together and ordering chinese food or something," Jongdae mumbled, had a bad feeling that he would get a rejection on the first time in the morning. He shrugged like he didn't care, "You know, I'm always getting sleepy when I study alone. So…. Only if you want," 

"I want!" Chanyeol's voice was suddenly popped from behind. "I also have to study for exam week!"

"That sounds perfect, Hyung!" Sehun said a second after. 

Jongdae sighed secretly, never in his life he felt the urge to lock his best friend in a empty garage and burn them alive. 

"Should I bring my PS4 over?" Baekhyun took a seat beside Sehun. 

"I thought we try to study here, Baek," Namjoo gave him a look. 

"Wii?"

"To study, Baek," Chanyeol poked Baek's cheek with his finger. 

"Okay," Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "Why do I even befriend with boring people like you guys. So… monopoly?"

"Studyyyyyy Baeeeeeek," Namjoo, Chanyeol, and Sehun shouted in his ears.

Jongdae could only shake his head, this was definitely not what he was planing for. 

 

 

 

 

 

Decide to update this before back to my assignment. I hope you are as excited as I am (how couldn't you? It's Kim Jongdae!) 

Falling in love with your best friend... It's a cliche story right? ;)