Drunken

Kings Of The Forest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was lunch break, I looked up to the cherry blossom tree in front of our school. It was blossomed beautifully. People were passing around since they saw it so many times already but I was there and just stood still. How could people just ignored this kind of beauty, I thought... Maybe because I just went out from the hospital that this trivial thing mattered. Appreciate little things that you might won't see it anymore... isn't that really important? Like how you should reconciled with someone you love dearly before, as you don't know when you won't see them anymore...

So I've been watching Byunghun-hyung from distance. He was teased by his classmates since he hadn't got his voice back.
"Yo, Niel!", a familiar voice came from my back, it was Jonghyun, rounded his arm on my shoulder.
"Hey...", I replied short, I was still busy watching Byunghun-hyung.
"Haha, Byunghun-hyung having a tough time, huh...", said Jonghyun.
"Yeah... didn't he just making it up? it's a month already, he should be able to talk by now... it's getting very awkward sometimes, chatting with him, feels like I'm talking to the wall!", I said.
"I could picture that. He visited you a lot though...", said Jonghyun.
"That's right... he's still alone in his house, what kind of medical convention that took such a long time, really...", I said, expressed my annoyance about Byunghun-hyung's father.
"Hh... who knows...", Jonghyun sighed.

In our way to the cafeteria, we passed the gymnasium and spotted a familiar figure inside, laughing so happily with bunch of guys. It was Hyuna and the soccer team. Our soccer team's captain was one of Hyuna's inner circle. So she was there joking, looking very comfortable with other guys circling her around. I elbowed Jonghyun and he gasped loudly. So loud that enough to made Hyuna turned her head to us. And of course she was smiling and said hi while waving her hand. Like there was nothing wrong for being spotted with many other guys by his boyfriend's best friends.

"Heol, isn't she something...", Jonghyun chuckled.
"It's not the first time I saw her with bunch of guys... God, sometimes I feel so sorry about Byunghun-hyung", I said.
"What do you think, did hyung don't know about this?", Jonghyun asked.
"I think he somewhat knew, but ignored it anyway", I said.
"Right... actually...", Jonghyun took glance to the right and left. He then lowered his volume; "I saw Hyuna kissed a guy one night, I just accompanied my sis to buy monthly needs at the supermarket, and there she was, talking and kissing a guy, a silver haired guy...I guess they had some kind of drug transaction too...", Jonghyun continued.
"Silver haired guy?! Yah, I saw him too once. In front of the bar, with Hyuna, they looked close. ... what kind of girl she is~!", I said.
"I know right, she's just not in anyway close with our known world", Jonghyun chukled once again.
"Should we told Byunghun-hyung about this, really... I feel really bad about it", I said.
"Nah... it's their problem. We should step out of this. She's his girl anyway", said Jonghyun, calmly as always.
"I thought about that too... but... hh, you're right. My relationship with him has been good too these days, there's no reason to ruin it", I said.

"Yeah, anyway, I think I couldn't go with you to the cafeteria", Jonghyun took his mobile and saw the incoming message.
"What?"
"It's Chanhee-hyung's brother. I should learn more about theoretical Physics, as you may already know...", Jonghyun giggled.
"Ohhhh yeah right... Bye then", I sighed heavily and waved my hand to the running Jonghyun.
I saw his figure disappeared in the crowd. First time I went to the school after a long period of recovery, I should eat alone.

Eating alone probably something I finally mastered at. My classmates were such a boredom to be with, maybe I was joking around and get along pretty well, but they just busy talking about uninteresting stuffs. Though I always had Ilhoon to hang out with when I had no choice left, he rarely left the classroom for cafeteria. So yeah, eating alone, not a big deal. Like that evening, I took dinner by myself behind Minsoo-hyung's coffee bar, heol. What a lonely choice for a 16 years old highschool student. I should had play with my friends, or, at least doing my homework back in my room instead.

"What you've got there?", Minsoo hyung slapped me lightly with his dust cloth.
"Ramyeon?", I replied short.
"Could I have some?", he squat and took the chopsticks from me.
I hadn't say anything but he already took a spoonful of ramyeon into his mouth.
"Hyung, you could cook your own dinner, really~!", I said, full with annoyance.
"I'm too lazy to cook anything, Sungjin is too busy right now", he said. Sungjin is our chef.
"Tsk", I just put another ramyeon into my mouth and watching the coffee cups in front of me. Tonight there were only few customers coming. Students were busy with midterm exam preparation. I should've been busy too. Alright, to be honest I didn't want a normal highschool student activities like doing homework and studying back then, working at cafe was way more fun.

"Good Evening", Minsoo-hyung stood back and bowed at one of our customer. It got me attention since hyung rarely greeted them. From the sound of tapping high heels I acknowledged that she was a woman. A pretty one she must be, otherwise Minsoo-hyung would just ignore her. I finished my ramyeon quick and threw it out the garbage can. I stood up and couldn't believe what I saw.

"Ah, Niel!", she called my name excitedly. Sangmi-noona... what was she doing here, I thought. Chanhee-hyung and Park Siyeon were already broke up.
"Noo-noona...", I smiled awkwardly. Minsoo-hyung chuckled and left us both.
"Niel I want a black coffee and um... should I eat cake this late...", she wondered to the cake corner.
"I think it's alright, just this once, we had a special cinnamon cake today", I said, started to brew the coffee.
"Ah, really? alright, I'd have a slice. I'll ruin my diet today, since Niel recommended it", she smiled mischievously at me.
I just chuckled about her words. Why was she like that, I wondered. Wasn't that too obvious for her?. I put the black coffee in front of her and serving the cinnamon cake right after.
"Noona... what are you doing at this small town? at this late hour?", I asked.
"Hum... I think I just really love the coffee here, and this smell of fresh pines around this town... what a good combination, don't you think?", she said, sipping her coffee while her gaze still glued at me.
"Yeah, of course it is", I smiled.
"Well... I'm looking for a property. I'm about to marry soon. I told my fiance I knew this little town, about three hours from Seoul, it's quiet but also full of life since there are many famous schools around here, right... and tonight I'm just arrived and check in to my hotel, suddenly I'm craving for black coffee. That's why I'm heading here", she explained. The word "married" and "fiance" really disturbed me. I looked at the diamond ring she had on her finger.

"Do you know where I could find for the perfect home around here?", she asked, rubbing her ring with her thumb, noticed that I was looking at it before.
"Uh, um, there were a great houses up the Western hill", I replied.
"Ah, near the vegetable fields?", she asked.
"Yeah, that's correct", I said.
"Great. I'll go there tomorrow", she said as she looked at her watch. It was 10 PM already.
"I think I should be going now. I need to get up early", she said as she took out her purse to pay the bill. She then paid the coffee and about to leave me another 20 dollars for a tip.
"Noona~! don't tip that much, it was burdensome for me", I said.
"Hahaha, now it's burdensome for me since you explicitly refused it", she said, insisted to tipped me.
"I..."
"Bye~!", she cut my words and walked towards the door.

"Oh, one more thing, where's the supermarket around here?", she turned her head on me.
"It was... um...", I approached her and pointing at the curve on the left side of our cafe.
"You went straight there, and then took the left, and when you spotted a pine cone statue, took a right turn. There you will find the store", I said.
"Um... so it was left, left, right?", she said.
"Yeah", I said.
"Humm... alright then... see you around", she said, looking at me while unlocked her car.
She was about to leave when the image of her diamond ring flashed into my mind.
"Noona!", I called her, she stopped and opened her window.
"What?", she asked.
"My shift was ended now. I could take you to the supermarket~ the route is quite confusing, I'm afraid that you'll lost", I said.
She laughed at my excuse.

"Alright then, just hopped in", she said.
Then I ran back inside and threw my apron away and put on my coat. Minsoo-hyung just smiled at me; "Night is still young, kid", he said as he waved his hand. I took my bag hastily as I waved back at him. I sat next to Sangmi-noona without hesitation.

"What would you buy in the supermarket?", I asked.
"Really? you asked me about that?", she chuckled.
"Eh? what why?", I asked curiously.
"Nothing I initially want to buy, Nielie... but since you asked, maybe some beers", she sighed.
I was too innocent to actually digest her words. To th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter