Love

Kings Of The Forest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a sunny morning in late February. I wiped the bar table, I was on my morning shift that Sunday. I looked outside the cafe and spotted Chanhee-hyung in front of the bar, waiting for someone, then a black Porsche 911 pulled over.

Park Siyeon it must be...
Chanhee-hyung got really bad with that issue, one night finally he had a dinner in my place. He was my mom's favorite. Talking about how suave he was. But we couldn't ignore bruises around his cheek. He said it was a fight with other school's boys, but later I found out that his dad knew about his affair and hit him. What could I say, his only one heir had an affair with his business partner's wife. Chanhee-hyung then ran away without words after the quarrel. His allowance was cut and what he could do now was just roaming around his friends' house. Byunghun-hyung was the one he went to a lot.

I thought  that matter would made him stop seeing Park Siyeon, but apparently it made his love even greater. Teenage angst are indeed the most powerful love poison of all. My eyes were still glued on Chanhee-hyung accross the street, he was about entered the black 911 when I decided to prevent him. I threw my dust cloth and ran to the door. But a hand held me down.

"Wait", a woman that been sitting in the bar since 15 minutes ago grabbed my arm.
I was so shocked and pull out my arm rudely.
"Ah, I'm sorry", she smiled and sit back.
I looked into her eyes, damn, she was more beautiful than I thought. I just stunned there without saying anything. I turned my head outside and the black 911 was already gone.
"Aish", I scoffed.
The woman was following my sight and went back to look at me.
"Um, may I help you?", I asked her as I walked back behind the bar.
"Is Chanhee-ya your friend?", she asked quite unexpectedly.
"Uh, yes... how-how do you...?", I stuttered as her eyes look into mine deeply.
She chuckled at me.
"Yah... I'm sorry to grabbed you so rudely before... I was so impolite to grabbed a stranger like that", she said, sipping her black coffee.
"No... it was alright, it was because noona is so beautiful that I was so shocked. Ah, did I just call you noona...? I'm I'm sorry...", those words just mindlessly found their way to my mouth.

I thought she would asked to see this cafe's manager, but she didn't. She laughed hard at my fail pick-up lines.
"You're funny, um... Niel... isn't it?", she inspected my name badge.
"Yes, it's Niel... from Daniel...", I held my badge forward to show her my name clearly.
"Ah... nice to meet you, Niel... I'm Nam Sangmi", she offered her hand. And I awkwardly welcomed it with my polite gesture.
"I'm Siyeon's friend... I'm here to accompany her, I was so curious about this Chanhee kid, but well, I think I understand why Siyeon is crazy about him. He's cute isn't it?", she said.
"Yeah, he really is something... but I hope he could cut off his relationship soon, it ruined his life...", I said.
She chuckled at my innocent words; "Niel is still young, isn't it", she said, casually slicing her cheese cake.
"Heol, Chanhee-hyung is also young, that's why he made stupid decision like that...", I said.
"Umm... how do you know it's stupid, it's not your life...", she said, an elegant smile rised from her lips while she swept her medium length hair to the left.
"Of course it's not my life, but... but... I just... I don't know how someone could go that far for love", I said.
"Oh, so Niel hasn't fall in love before? yah, how old are you?", she asked.
I laughed at myself; "Why did everyone say that to me? Is it wrong to never fall in love before? is love that stupid?", I said.
She just look deeply into my eyes, and I could see her lips moving slowly; "It is", she whispered, tilting her head and smile.

She then eat her one last slice of cake and drink her black coffee. She took money from her purse and put it on the table.
"You took the change, that's your tip", she said as she tidied her tight black dress, put on her trench coat and ready to go.
"Ah, noona... I mean, Sangmi-ssi... this is quite too much", I calculated her money and it was about 20 dollars just for the tip.
She laughed at me; "Took it, go out and find girls... anyway, you can call me noona, that's alright", she seemed very amused with my clumsiness.
"Th-thank you", I smiled and bowed at her.
She then left the cafe, got on her silver Mazda coupe and drove away.

I went back to the bar and Minsoo-hyung was finally out from his nap on the backyard's hammock.
"Morning", he yawned and make himself a cup of coffee.
"Yah, hyung, there were customers~!", I slapped his with dust cloth.
"It's MY cafe, what are you gonna do?", he looked at me, still with his usual drowsy look.
I sighed and sat on the wooden chair beside the coffee brewer. I looked at outside, Byunghun-hyung was always on date with Hyuna on weekends, so did Chanhee-hyung and his beautiful Siyeon-noona. While Jonghyun was so busy with his study for NASA and Changhyun went back to Seoul for some family time. And there I was, in cafe, had my Sunday shift just so I had something to do.
"Should I found a girl and fall in love?", I said to the empty space ahead.
Minsoo-hyung choked at my words; "Why so suddenly?", he giggled.
"Hyung, I will be 17 soon, and I have never fall in love before. Heol, that's not normal, isn't it?", I said.
"You went to mixed school, huh? I was in all boys school before, so it was perfectly normal there", said Minsoo-hyung.
"Humm... maybe I liked 3 or 4 girls before... ah, but I never bother to get close to them... it wasn't love that everyone seems to talk about anyway", I looked down mumbled, talking to myself.
Then somehow my name badge got me giggling.

"Niel... isn't it?", Sangmi-noona's voice echoed in my head.
It was a peculiar feeling that time. I might, just might, fall in love with someone.
Someone I could call noona.
Chanhee-hyung... I need your advice, I thought, like his affair wasn't wrong anymore.

**********

The next Monday, me, Jonghyun, Byunghun-hyung, Changhyun, and Chanhee-hyung gathered together in our tree house. The first one after I didn't know how long.

"So...", Chanhee-hyung opened up our meeting. He was the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter