gruesome nightmare

The Snow Prince

Tension grew as Ryosuke approached the Queen's fortress. Each step is filled with uncertainty and he mentally prepares himself to receive any punishment from her. But never once he regretted letting Umika and Hikaru leave, because he knew keeping her within the forest will only make her more unfortunate. He saw his own wavering heart, he saw her affection....any more time spent with her will only result in more tragic happenings.

As expected, the Queen is waiting for his arrival. He saw the fear and worrisome eyes of Yuri and Daiki who stood helplessly behind her. 

Ryosuke

He heard them mumble his name. He took in a deep breathe and brace himself for the impact.

"I've come to receive my punishment."

"My dear Ryosuke~you know, what I did is for your own good. Girls like Mirai and Umika are no good... They will ruin you in time to come. They will only tie you down and even make use of your precious powers...They are just like that, superficial and dirty. I don't blame you because girls like them are sly." she traced her palms down Ryosuke's face seductively. 

"I understand~" Tears quietly ran down his face while he suppressed his anger as she slanders the ones he love.

"Don't hate me for punishing you. People learn from pain...You will be thankful to me" She pulled the soul-less like body into her arms and gave him a tight embrace before chanting something under her breathe.

"RYOSUKE!!!" Daiki and Yuri were flabergasted when Ryosuke turned into a white fluffy rabbit that they couldn't hold in their worries. The rabbit fell onto the thick snow and struggled to get to its feet. Both the rabbit and Daiki and Yuri exchanged glances, and the 2 boys could see tears in its beady eyes.

"NOOO~" the 2 boys shouted but it was too late. With a wave of her hands, the petrified rabbit floated into the sky and was thrown deep into the dark forest.

"My boy is well-equipped with the survival skills to get himself out of this mess he created. He should have seen it coming when he decide to betray me. Let this be a warning to the both of you~ Don't let me find you turning your back at me, or your fate will be worst than Ryosuke." Yuri and Daiki shivered as chills ran through their spine. Once dismissed, the 2 boys combed the forest in search of the rabbit for fear that it will encounter the blood-thirsty werewolves who are always looking for opportunities to bring down Ryosuke. He doesn't have his life-saving charm oracle and that added to their long list of fears.

******************

It has been days since they left the forest, but the events that happened continues to haunt Hikaru. It's a feeling of disbelief and fear as he couldn't understand how the legend passed down the generations is in fact true. Umika, on the other hand, suffers withdrawal symptoms which is a complex mix of lost and emptiness ever since Ryosuke relieved her from the danger and left her. She is even more convinced that she has grown very much attached to the prince and that without him and his subtle gentleness behind his death threats, she felt uneasy and depressed. Amid that longing, the silence in her house also added to the sorrows trapped in her. She has no longer any kin she could turn to. 

This day, similar to the past few days, Hikaru gave excuses to visit her house. He knew that Umika is lonely, yet didn't want him to worry for her. Loneliness kills, so he planned to keep her company until she finally moves on.

"Hikaru~ Hikaru~" Umika shook him gently to wake him up from her sofa where he fell asleep. She finds herself expecially worried when she sees him breaking out in cold sweat, with his face showing distress as if having a nightmare.

A couple knelt before a magnificent lady who could not be seen clearly in the shadows. The couple cries bitterly as they begged for their lives.

"Please, Please let us off. we swear we won't tell anyone about our encounter. Pleaseeee"

"There's nothin in for me..." a cold voice echoed that send a chilling feeling into Hikaru who witness the scene behind a thick tree. The couple exchanged glances and it seemed like they both read each other's minds.

"What about our baby? We will offer our baby to you...He can keep you company... He can serve you as your eternal slave..." the woman held up her baby in her hand and brought it closer to the lady.

The baby did not cry at all, as if ignorant of his surroundings. He looked at the lady calmly and that surprised her as there was not one who didn't cry before her. She felt a uncomfortable sense of attachment to the baby and the urge to keep him by her side, as if she could foresee him to grow up as her best helper-companion. It's fate that brought the baby to her, she believed.

Hikaru was appalled by the selfish parents who sacrificed their son in exchange for their lives. That's the lowest morals of any humankind, he thought. He sympathised with the baby but stood helplessly as he continued to be mind-blown by what the lady do next.

"Humans....never fail to convince me their selfish desires. You will learn the pathetic human nature as you grow...You will realise that this world is nothing but blinded by artificial love, friendship and kinship that can be exchanged for individual's money and fame. I shall groom you to become one that takes their life in the mercilessly way" she uttered to the baby now in her arms.

Hikaru saw the lady chant and the baby floated high up in the sky, and the next moment, the sky darkened and the stars hanging in the sky all shot towards the baby. One by one, the stars pierced through the boy's heart...no blood was shed. . The boy appeared to be blessed by the moon and stars as he slowly decended from midair with a soft glow outlining him.

Hikaru is both frightened and amazed by what he saw. He cupped his mouth to suppress his emotions, but his heart couldn't take the last scene.

"so, we can go?" the couple backed away, assuming their ordeal is over.

"I will let you off...as promised...." the couple let out a heave of relief.

"but... it will not be fair to your baby, isn't it? I believe he wants to punish his parents" the lady continued and this time, Hikaru is shivering in fear when he sensed the danger approaching

The lady placed her hand above the couple who are desperately begging for their lives and trembling uncontrollably...a strong suction power released from her palms and within a few seconds, the couple's fresh, blood-dripping hearts are out from their chest....

Hikaru felt his limbs weakening at the gore, but what he never expected is the lady turned in his direction...She looked right at him and approached with the still pumping hearts.

Hikaru backed away and ran as fast as he could.... he hear a voice called out to him...a voice of an angel...a voice that soothes his heart in this nerve-wrecking, life-threatening moment.

"Hikaru~! Hikaru!"

Hikaru jumped out of the sofa, only to see Umika looking right at him.

"are you okay?"

Hikaru looked into her eyes, as if seeking comfort from her. He wanted to tell her what horrible stuff he saw just now, but he was so traumatised that nothing escaped his mouth. He pulled Umika into his arms as he attempted to calm his nerves and brainwash himself from the scenes he witnessed.

"It's okay, Hikaru...it's just a nightmare...I'm here" these words really touched his heart. He always hoped Umika would give him a little of her love and concern...When he saw the interactions between Umika and Ryosuke, he must admit that all he felt was a strong feeling of uneasiness that Umika will stay with Ryosuke. but at this point, he realised it's a joke that he is even worried about such a scenario cause Ryosuke is not like them; he's a devil... devil cannot promise love...they have no feelings...

He wrapped Umika tighter in his arms as though claiming possesion and mocking Ryosuke's defeat. At the same time, questions ran through his brain as he analysed what he saw in his nightmare.

it's a nightmare?

It seemed too real.

The backdrop seemed familiar. but...

Who are they? Who is the lady? Who is the baby?

Why is it I have a nightmare involving people I do not know?

Why am I there at the scene?

If all these are real....

then where is the lady and the baby now?