Dream versus Reality

The Snow Prince

Yuri and Daiki stood on a branch of a tree and were shaken by the horror in front of them. 

The helpless rabbit hid within a small gap between 2 huge rocks while a pack of werewolves surround it. This is their perfect opportunity to kill Ryosuke when he's in his most vulnerable state. They're not gonna miss this rare chance.
 
upon closer look, Daiki and Yuri saw the multiple wounds already on the rabbit's body and felt their heart cringed at the sight. The fearful rabbit is nothing like the calm and composed Ryosuke.
 
"how are we gonna get him out? there's at least 5 of those beasts" Yuri asked worriedly.
 
Daiki slipped into a moment of silence in an attempt to conceptualise his plans.
 
"it's up to your speed and my wits now" Daiki announced. Yuri is confused with his statement but is gonna follow whatever instructions he has since he is undoubtedly the smarter one.
 
Daiki disguised himself as Ryosuke, which isn't that much of a challenge because Daiki has always resembled his build and features. 
 
"be careful~" Yuri pat the back of Daiki who has assigned himself to lure the wolves away, while Yuri will take the opportunity to rescue the rabbit. With Yuri's speed, he definitely would be able to reach Ryosuke's fortress before the wolves get to them.
 
"it's a matter of seconds that the wolves realise they have been fooled... their state of confusion would be shortlived so we have to make sure there's no holdup" Daiki reminded.
 
Daiki jumped from the branch to a spot near the wolves, causing a loud thud that alerted them... the wolves almost instantly took Daiki for Ryosuke, and doubted the rumours that Ryosuke has morphed into a harmless rabbit. They gave chase...Daiki ran as fast as could to escape from the wolves while making sure they do not catch a glimpse of his face.
 
Yuri approached the rabbit as soon as Daiki and the wolves are out of sight. The rabbit was so afraid that it moved deeper into the gap even though it was Yuri.
 
"Ryosuke! it's me, Yuri!"
 
the rabbit gazed at Yuri, and Yuri saw the agony in it's eyes. He knew Ryosuke is suffering from the pain he sustained from the past few days since the punishment was meted out. he's sure that Ryosuke was starving as well.
 
Yuri stretched out his hand and finally the rabbit entrusted itself to him. Yuri hugged the rabbit tightly in his arms and ran straight for the fortress. Yuri's sped like the wind but still they had to face the chasing of the wolves. apparently the wolves caught Daiki's scent and realised their mistake earlier than expected.
 
it was intense as the wolves were so close to reaching Yuri... the rabbit sensed the danger his only friends have put themselves into... It especially did not want any of them to be hurt because of him. 
 
The rabbit summoned it's last bit of remaining inner power, which could potentially kill himself as a result, and reversed the chant.
 
Yuri was stunned when the rabbit morphed back to Ryosuke, but he didnt have the time to think about this. Ryosuke grabbed hold of Yuri  and with his free hand, he released a bolt of snow beam towards the pack of wolves. The impact caused both sides to fly in the opposite directions. Yuri and Ryosuke flew backwards, right into the fortress.
 
"Ryosuke!!!!!" Yuri found himself unharmed but his saviour Ryosuke laid motionless on top of him.
 
"nooo! you shouldn't have reversed the charm...you are so weak that this move will kill you~ why are you so silly to save me this way.... I should be the one saving you~ sorry...." Yuri cried.
 
"no point crying now. there's still hope. he's still breathing, albeit weak. we have to get the 2 girls here... the energy transfer could save him" Daiki reappeared in the fortress and rushed beside the 2 boys. He held Ryosuke in his arms and surveilled his cold body filled with cuts, stab wounds and blood stains.
 
He saw the hesitant in Yuri's eyes.
 
"Yuri! i know what you're thinking! but what's most important is to save Ryosuke! Miku is not your concern now, unless you wanna see him die. he saved you, and that's how you repay him?!"
 
"Daiki~ I..."
 
"okay, listen. we bring both of them here, but we let Suzuka do it first. if Ryosuke regained his consciousness by then, I'm sure he won't extract all the energy from Miku, leaving her to die." Yuri agreed. Only when Ryosuke is unconscious that he can't control the amount of energy he extract from his victims. This will greatly increase the chances of killing the extractee in the process, once their body energy is out entirely... Yuri sincerely hoped that what Daiki said will come true.
 
unknown to them, the impact has forced Ryosuke's soul out of his body... the lack of energy in his physical body is too weak for his soul to return to his body... only after his energy is restored in his physical state that he can possibly return. 
 
his soul wandered out of the depressing forest as the outside world is where he hoped to be now~ somewhere he could breathe and immerse himself in a normal life, although unfortunately as a invisible apparition. 
 
*********
"Umika~ Umika~" Hikaru called out to Umika who has fallen asleep after waiting for him in the cafe he is working for during the holidays.
 
she must be so dead tired after days of insomnia. glad she get a bit of nap while waiting for me. 
 
Hikaru smiled to himself. he pushed her hair behind her ears to reveal her rosy cheeks. it has been sometime since he saw the colours on her face. ever since she left that damned forest, all that was written on her face is gloom.
 
He unconsciously moved closer and closer, and pouted his lips, but unfortunately his plan to sneak a kiss failed when Umika opened her eyes. 
 
She realised the close proximity and their eye contact, and quickly turned away as she experienced the heat rushing to her face. 
 
"er... shall we go?" the flustered Hikaru suggested and Umika nodded, still avoiding his eyes.
 
Hikaru was glad that Umika agreed to go to the beach for a walk. He thought it'll be good to relax herself after such a traumatic event. there's another hidden agenda... he wanted to find out more about what exactly happened from her first entrance into the forest. and his curiosity is largely sparked off because of the same nightmare that repeated night after night, and everytime, his view gets clearer and clearer.
 
the night is particularly quiet today and Hikaru found it perfect for a heart-to-heart talk. they finally found a cozy position on the sand bed and sat close beside each other
 
"it must be cold~" he took off his sweater and pull it over Umika after seeing her shivering once in a while. 
 
"thank you" she returned a sweet smile that made Hikaru blush a little.
 
there was a moment of awkward silence where they both stared into the starry sky and Hikaru decided to break the ice.
 
"isn't the stars particularly nice today?"
 
Umika remained silence for a while as if deep in her thoughts.
 
"someone once told me that the stars on this side is particularly beautiful"
 
Hikaru saw the distress in her subtle smile and felt his heart whimper.
 
"Umika~if it's okay, share with me exactly what happened in there? I remembered you asking me about this Suzuka and Miku... are they involved as well?"
 
Umika hesitated.
 
"listen, Umika... there's no second person here who understands you better than me now. let me share the burden with you okay? I'll walk you out of the pain you experienced in that evil. you'll go crazy if you continue to keep it to yourself" Hikaru turned her to face him and reassured her to share her secrets.
 
"Miku and Suzuka have been our classmates for 3 years. that day, we entered the forest to capture the panoramic view of it's interior for our art project... and there, we stumbled upon the snow queen."
 
"and why is it that only you managed to escape?"
 
"because of a rabbit that I saved"
 
"rabbit?"
 
"yes. it released me to repay its favour..."
 
"and that's the day I saw you in class and you were frantic to look for the 2 girls who I don't remembered at all?"
 
"yes. I guess it's black magic that caused all her victims to be forgotten by everyone who mattered, including you"
 
"that explains how I could have not known someone you claim who has been our 3 year classmates... what happened next then? how did you end up inside again?"
 
"I can't possibly leave them inside. I am the only one who remembered them... the next time I went in, he didnt let me off again."
 
"and I think the rabbit is that bastard Ryosuke right?"
 
"Hikaru~ Ryosuke is not a bad guy. trust me. he is just forced by circumstances."
 
"Umika, don't forget, he killed your grandma"
 
"I know~ but I'm telling you, I know he's not evil. he saved me many times" Umika started crying when she finds herself defending Ryosuke even though she still couldn't entirely understand his feelings. she felt sorry for her grandma but staying true to her heart, she really feel that Ryosuke is not as bad as he seemed. 
 
"listen Umika! i know what you're thinking. you've got to forget about everything that happened there, including him. no matter how you see him, he's a devil... a devil is nothing like us! they are black-hearted cruel beasts. you know it's impossible for anything between the 2 of you..." Hikaru cupped her face and sternly said.
 
it's pointless thinking over something that is impossible
 
The image of Ryosuke speaking the same line to her flashed through her mind like scenes from a moving film. Tears fell, her heart cringed as she again experienced the excruciating, unexplainable feeling of lost and separation.
 
Hikaru's anger raised to a whole new level as he felt her yearning for Ryosuke... 
 
"he gets your attention and I don't?! Umika, I'm always here for you, but you don't even look at me~"
 
"Hikaru~ I..."
 
"all you do is to push me to someone who no longer exist! that Suzuka, she's gone! your grandma is gone!!! That evil Ryosuke is gone too!!! when will you ever understand?!" Hikaru reopened Umika's wound as he reminded of the harsh events that took away her last family member and her friends...
 
"s-shut up~" she cried even harder, breaking the hearts of everyone in the area.
 
"Umika, sorry... I'm really sorry" Hikaru realised his sharp words that hurt her badly. he pulled her into his arms and embraced her wholeheartedly.
 
just then a sudden urge build up in Hikaru. His jealousy towards Ryosuke hasn't at all subsided. with that thought in mind, he forced a kiss on Umika. He pressed his lips so tight on her that she's suffocating in shock.
 
"H-hikaruuu" she tried to push him away but to no avail. she shut her eyes and some parts of her memory surfaced in her brain...
 
she imagined...
 
the flawless complexion... his long lashes... his beautiful nose touching gently on her face... his juicy lips... his warm arms wrapped around her back...
 
all her mind could think of was the energy transfer which turned into an unprecedented, passionate wet kiss with Ryosuke. She sees not Hikaru who is touching her at the moment, but Ryosuke...His features flashed through her brain.
 
Realizing this, she gathered her strength and pushed Hikaru away. 
 
"you're a jerk!" She gave Hikaru a tight slap.
 
"Ryosuke and you are impossible to get together!!!!" Hikaru shouted at Umika who turned her back against him and ran.
 
his words pierced through her organs like sharp daggers. the wind blowing against her direction increased the intensity of any emotional pain she's experiencing. She ran like the wind and cried to her hearts content until she reached her house, the empty hollow house.
 
she collapsed on her bed with her head facing down and continued sobbing.
 
Ryosuke
 
a sudden gush of cold wind give her a shudder... she wrapped herself in her arms. but that gush of wind quickly dissolved into a wave of cozy warmth that appears to sympathise the girl and heal the broken heart. 
 
he read her painful thoughts.
he watched her bitter cries
he ran his hand down her silly soft hair, comforting her
 
I'm here~ so don't cry...
 
Umika felt an overwhelming sense of protection and comfort that she unconsciously slowed down her breathing, calmed her nerves... and eventually stopped her crying. her lids turned heavy and she fell into a deep sleep, one of the best sleeps she ever had after she left the forest. 
 
she felt like as though he's here, beside her...
 
*********
who is he sitting on my bedside?his back view looks familiar~ I rubbed my eyes and squinted for a better focus.
 
"Ryosuke?" it can't be... I must be dreaming.
 
the guy stood up and stepped away.
 
"Ryosuke, it's you!!!!" I grab his arms as he is about to leave.
 
"he's right. you should have forgotten all that happened back then... you should have forgotten about me" he said while facing his back at me.
 
"how did you know? you were there at the beach?!"
 
"that's beside the point..."
 
"I hope I could forget everything too. i'm relieved from the danger, but I don't know why, I feel worst than before. the sense of emptiness is tormenting me~" I  choked on my tears as i speak.
 
He turned to face me. finally. the feeling is surreal. I thought we're never gonna meet again. it's weird that the joyous emotions fill me so much that it erased all the depression I had in days. 
 
"i think i love you...all i think about is you. "
 
"silly girl~ you don't know the danger you putting yourself into. you're just as silly as her..."
 
"who? who is this person~"
 
Ryosuke looked away solemnly as if avoiding my question. 
 
"you love me too...am i right? or why would you appear before me... it's because you care for me...you wanted to know how I was doing~"
 
"ridiculous. why would I love you?!" Ryosuke continued to avoid my gaze.
 
"then look at me and tell me in my face, why you came?" I cupped his face daringly...If it was sometime back, I wouldn't have intiatied any form of skinship cause that would mean death. But at this point, I feel that even death is uncomparable to the pain of losing him.
 
"I...I..." the almighty Snow Prince, for once, shrunk timidly. It is like he was taken aback by the intimidating question that he couldn't answer himself. 
 
But I know clearly what his heart says. I took another daring step...no it is more than just guts, cause I have never intiated one. It is the undying affection that motivated me to bring myself close to him, and gently pressed my lips on his. 
 
Time froze as we moved our lips together as one. His lips were soft like marshmallow and seemingly urgent on mine, trying to unleash his suppressed desire for me. His mouth tasted minty and irresistible. The first experience was a pity because I couldn't fully recall the details, but this time, the kiss left such vivid impression in me that it's impossible to forget. He pulled slightly away from the kiss and we looked into each other's passionate eyes, and all we could see is 'timeless love'.
 
"even if it means death?"
 
"till death do us part~" 
 
His frown and knitted brows slowly resolved into a subtle smile. He took the lead and returned to my lips in much more passionate mood, as if he has let go all his worries. My lips smiled against him, and I slowly closed my eyes as I immersed myself in the moment.
 
"Arhx!" all of a sudden, he cringed his heart in pain and immediately pulled himself away from me.
 
"Ryosuke?! what is happening" he is fading away... 
 
"Umika!" he tried to grab my hands, while I tried to grab his, but.... we couldn't my hands pass through his
 
"goodbye~" was the last word he uttered before he totally disappeared.
 
"RYOSUKE!!!!!!!"
 
"Ouchhhh...." I found myself falling off the bed... I looked around, and saw nothing but myself. 
 
"It's a dream? but it seemed so real. maybe, it's a reminder of my desire for him"
 
I still hear your voice when you sleep next to me 
I still feel your touch in my dreams
forgive my weakness but I don't know why without you is hard to survive
cox everytime we touch I feel the static
cox that one time we kissed, I swear I could fly
can you feel my heart beat fast?
i want this to last
i need you by my side
I can't let you go
I want you in my life
 
your arms are my castle
your heart is my sky
they wipe away tears that I cry
good and the bad times we've been through them all
you make me rise when I fall

 

************************

*Yawn

"Hikaru~ you are crazy. it's 7am in the morning!" Yuto was awaken by the constant ringing of his doorbell.

"Yuto! there's something important I need to ask you!"

"If it's nothing urgent, I'm so gonna whack you. I have at least 5 more hours of sleep before noon time!" Yuto let Hikaru in reluctantly, still dragging his feet as he walked Hikaru to his living room.

"so~what is it about?"

"you know the legend - Snow Queen?"

"OMG! YOU ARE SO GONNA GET IT FROM ME. YOU'RE WAKING ME UP FOR A STUPID LEGEND?!" Yuto stood up in a rage.

"Answer me! I'm serious" Yuto sensed HIkaru's urgency and felt something amiss

"okay okay. yeah, what about that legend?"

"do you know if the Snow Queen has a follower or a minion or ..."

"You mean the Snow Prince?" Yuto interrupted Hikaru's train of thoughts.

"Tell me all you know about this Snow Prince!"

"You're so weird..."

"YUTO!"

"Okay, chill. The snow prince... he is said to be the Queen's son, thought no one mentioned who his father is. people believed he possesses power that his mother, the Snow Prince, didn't have... the power that the moon and the stars bestow upon him...it was said that the prince is actually more heartless, cruel and powerful that his mother."

"she has no other minions?"

"er... she probably has, but..."

"the Snow Prince was her closest trusted ally?"

"i didn't know you were so interested in these fantasy stuff" Yuto raised his eyebrow and joked.

"Yuto, you are always reading up on sorcery and dark magic...I need your help..." Hikaru grabbed Yuto's shoulder and sternly asked. Yuto was confused as his harsh behaviour and couldn't comprehend what he was intending to do, but agreed anyway.

"I thought you, and everyone else, never believed in sorcery and dark magic...and are always mocking my interest? Then what's with your sudden change of attitude?"

"i believe now"

Yuto helplessly agreed to Hikaru since he begged for hours. He didn't understand what Hikaru wants, but Yuto himself has always treated sorcery as a childish fallacy that he immerse in his past time...He never expected that he will change the future.

I'm sorry

I had to do what I had to do to protect you from slipping deeper into the pit of fire.

You'll understand that whatever I do

is for your good.

*************************************

"Ryosuke!!!" Yuri and Daiki shouted in concert when Ryosuke slowly opened his eyes.

Ryosuke was surprised to feel an uncomfortable impression on his lips and his back.. The last he recalled was kissing Umika but the person in front of him at the moment isn't her...

"G-GET LOST! I DON'T WANT SEE YOU!" Ryosuke pushed Suzuka on the ground, after realising Suzuka completely smooching him.

"Ryosuke~!" Suzuka crashed on the ground.

"Ryosuke, you need more energy from her to recover. you have barely half the energy" Daiki explained.

"Yes.... just use me however you like... whatever Umika can do, I can too!" Suzuka knelt before him, as though offering her soul to him.

Ryosuke raised his hand above her head like as though he is gonna kill her, and Suzuka unconsciously dodged.

"Umika can face death, you obviously can't" Ryosuke smirked.

"GET HER OUT OF HERE! DON'T LET ME REPEAT MYSELF ONE MORE TIME!" Ryosuke shouted at his 2 minions.

"b-but... you will be too weak if you don't consume..." Daiki said.

"there's still her..." Ryosuke turned to face Miku who was trembling by the side.

Yuri was most afraid of this situation that he has to choose between loyalty towards his master--best friend who risked his own life for him, and the first girl that made his heart beat. Ryosuke has only regained 3/8 of his energy, and Miku wouldn't have enough to provide the remaining 5/8 if she is to stay alive...she will have to die if Ryosuke extract every bit of her to get a full health bar..

Ryosuke walked slowly towards Miku while she continued to back away until there's no more space. She begged for her life but Ryosuke didn't budge.

"Yuri~!"

Ryosuke was shocked when Yuri stood in between him and Miku.He was even more shocked when Yuri made a suggestion that could save both his best friend and his crush.

"Ryosuke~ Let me do it in place of her~"

*****************

 

hope you enjoy share your comments please:)