The Snow Prince's secret

The Snow Prince
UMIKA POV
 
the snow queen took her leave and the fortress returned to a state of quietness. I felt more afraid than ever after he threatened to take my life. I stood silently as I watched the 3 guys converse over what I have been hoping to hear all these while.
 
"have you two done what I asked for?" Ryosuke asked his 2 seemingly same-aged minions.
 
"yes. the 2 girls are caged up. I guess it's because the Queen has taken enough energy from you, so she decided to let them live a little while more," Yuri replied.
 
"it's a living hell for them to be breathing the same air as the thousands of victims standing around them as ice statues. they're shaken up in fear as they mirrored their own death," Daiki added. what he said really caused my heart to sink to an all-time low.
 
Ryosuke turned to me like as though he heard my disappointment and decided to mock me.
 
"would you like to meet your friends? of course, that's if you dare to look at their pathetic state as opposed to your better-off condition." he moved close to me and asked.
 
he's right. regardless of the fact that I'll be killed anyway, I am in a better state than them. at least the prince prolonged my life twice when the Queen almost took my life. I am living in a grand fortress which shielded me from the blood thirsty werewolves and even the queen herself. how would Miku and Suzuka see me? I feel that I've betrayed them. nonetheless, this is my one chance to check out their condition. at least that's why I came back in for.
 
"I will" I replied bravely, only to receive a smirk from him.
 
I followed him closely, with Yuri and Daiki close behind me, until we reached a much darker part of the forest. the eerie atmosphere deep into the forest is enough to engulf you completely. I was so paranoid at my surroundings that I kept sticking closer and closer to Ryosuke, just in case something attacks me.
 
"wahh" I lost my footing and luckily I held on to his arms, or I'll face-slam on the thick pile of snow.
 
"you're downright clumsy. one more time you touch me, I'll make sure I freeze your hands" he gave me a deadly stare and I quickly pulled away. why does he hate people touching him so much? I think Yuri and Daiki knew the reason from the way they eyed each other. how is it that I feel that something terrible has happened to Ryosuke before, that even his close minions do not dare speak of.
 
"we reached" as he exclaimed, a gush of cold wind blew from the inside and send chills down my spine. this place is filled with pure evil that even a mortal like me could sense it.
 
as we walked in, I saw the hundreds of thousands of ice statues of what seemed like the travelers who were reported missing. each statue captured the very last petrified expressions before their death and it really scares the daylight out of me. i couldnt help but think that I will soon become their neighbours.
 
i grew so fearful that I grabbed Daiki's arms conveniently since Ryosuke would kill me if I do. I thought he's going to give me a warning too, but he didn't. instead he allowed me to hold on to him as we walked deeper in.
 
Ryosuke turned to witness my shaken state and sniggered.
 
"don't worry. you won't die here. I've left a spot for your ice statue at the entrance of my fortress. for better or for worst, you'll become the lonely guardian of my fortress."
 
his words rang in my head and my guts almost crumbled. my death is worst than any of them, I cried in my mind, clutching Daiki tighter. he looked at me with an emotionless expression, as if he didnt no what to say to me.
 
I had no time to think of myself as just a few steps away was a cage. the cage held 2 girls crouching together. upon closer look, I noticed their familiar figures.
 
"Miku! Suzuka!" I ran towards them.
 
"Umika??? how did you escape?" Miku asked.
 
"The snow prince... he was the rabbit I was carrying that day. it's a long story... but I'm now kinda like he's slave."
 
as I spoke, I noticed their eyes were sparkling at something behind me. I turned around and noticed that they were captivated by Ryosuke, but he only showed his coldest expression to his captives.
 
"Yuri, unlock the door" Ryosuke instructed and Yuri did just that.
 
Miku and Suzuka immediately thought that Ryosuke was here to get them out, but they were wrong when Yuri pushed them back into the cage.
 
"how difficult would it be to talk through the metal bars. go on in Umika" Ryosuke said, and Daiki accompanied me to the opening.
 
"Miku, Suzuka!!!" I ran up to them and hugged them tightly. I know that there's nothing I could do to save them, I can't even save myself.
 
"tell the prince to save us too" Suzuka whispered.
 
"Suzuka, it's not like what you see. he... he's gonna kill me sooner or later too. and he already told me that he's not saving anybody. it's just that I am somewhat of use to him, that's why he's keeping me alive. he'll kill me later."
 
"why is it always you? why does all the good things flock to you. we knew about the prince and you don't, and yet you get to be saved by him. I hate you!!!!" all of a sudden Suzuka seemed to go into a heated state of mind that she pushed me to the end of the cage.
 
"ahhh it hurts, Suzuka!" she powed on me and strangled my throat as she continued to chant "why is it always you?!!! first you bewitched Hikaru, then now you bewitched the prince too?!"
 
ignoring my pleas, she continued to tighten her grip. although impossible, I hoped for a moment that either Ryosuke, or Yuri and Daiki will stop her... but what are the odds of that happening. 
 
"h-help!" I struggled. 
 
"that's pathetic," Ryosuke gave a slight wave of his hand and a strong gush of wind threw Suzuka to the other end of the cage, away from me.
 
I coughed hard as I suffered from a shortage of air, but quickly regained my senses. I saw Suzuka staring at me with hatred in her eyes and i wanted to run towards her and apologized.
 
"unless you wanna die, I would suggest you move out with me now. well, of course, you can choose to stay and be killed by your dear friend here, but I'm sorry, this option is not extended to you. you're mine for now." he dragged me by the collar and aggressively pulled me out of the cage. 
 
"Suzuka, Miku~" I cried. Miku looked at me with teary eyes while Suzuka continued to stare as though she's banged on killing me.
 
I was literally dragged out by Yuri and Daiki that I didn't even have the chance to say goodbye. Ryosuke apparently stayed behind. I feared about what he is doing to them.
 
"prince, please please save us. we can be your slaves too" Suzuka begged.
 
Ryosuke bend down close to her and said sarcastically,  "I pity Umika. She could have survived this ordeal if she didnt choose to come back to save her selfish friends. it's impossible of course to walk out of this place alive... listen, you especially do not fit to be even the ornaments of my fortress, so don't talk about being my slave. your presence will irk me." he diverted his attention to Miku and wiped her tears on her cold cheeks "you, on the other hand, are equally pitiful to be breathing and sharing the same space with her. I wish you luck. I sincerely hope you can die a less painful way as compared to your dear friend here." he ended his statements and left both girls speechless.
 
---
 
he rejoined us shortly after and I agitatedly ran to him and asked him in an interrogating tone "what did you do to them???!!!"
 
"nothing. hmm. about our bet...should I feed you to the werewolves now? it seemed like you lost. your friend Suzuka just proved my point that humans are nothing but a heartless, selfish bunch. she care less of you than her own life. her suppressed jealousy towards you have led to a deep-seeded evil within her. innocent? kind? best friends? I see none of that..."
 
I was stunned... I refused to acknowledge the accuracy of his prophecy. she never expected Suzuka to have been bearing such hatred towards her all these while...
 
"it's especially in desperate times like this when people show their true colours. every single one of those statues of victims there were just as black-hearted as we are. each one of them begged for their own lives by sacrificing the life of their family and friends. humans are just inhumane beasts, isn't it?"
 
Yuri and Daiki nodded.
 
"noo! I'll prove you wrong" I denied once more, suppressing any other thoughts I have.
 
"sure, but I'm just afraid you don't have so much time to wait for one selfless human to come by" he let out a laugh as though mocking at my senseless challenge.
 
upon returning to the fortress, I realised that he has no intention to step in. "where are you going?" I asked worriedly.
 
"it's none of your business. i hope there's no need for me to emphasis again to stay within the fortress." I nodded, but still felt unsecured that he's leaving me alone after all the near-death experiences today with the Queen. 
 
"we'll follow you" Yuri and Daiki said.
 
"no. go petrol the west side of the forest, especially at times like this. the full moon is making the wolves stronger. I sense there are some of their offsprings on the east side. I can handle so don't worry about me " they obediently agreed, knowing that there's no room for arguments. 
 
"ah, and take care of my rabbits. if you lose any one of them, I'll feed a part of your body to the wolves" he said to me.
 
Ryosuke and the rest took their leave, and I realised that the fortress turned really lonely. how is it he can live in this loneliness...no, am I pitying him? no wonder he treats the rabbits so well. they are his life companions. Yuri and Daiki seemed very concern for him as well, though he didnt reciprocate, I could feel their strong brotherhood.
 
----
 
it has been days since Ryosuke returned to his fortress... Umika is feeling the boredom, though thankful that everything seemed rather stagnant around her. on the other hand, Ryosuke has been busy hunting down the werewolves' pups which turned out to be exhausting task due to the full moon. Yuri and Daiki were patrolling as instructed and occasionally attacking the werewolves when the opportunity comes by.
 
"Daiki, you go ahead first. I'll catch up with you in a while." Yuri said.
 
"you're going to see that girl, aren't you?" Daiki exposed his intentions. Yuri remained very much silent as though he was caught in the act.
 
"just be careful. you saw what happened to Ryosuke. you don't want that to happen to her or you right." Daiki warned sternly but seeing Yuri's nervous expression, he gave Yuri a heartwarming smile and a pat on his back before leaving. 
 
Yuri re-entered the forest of doom where all the victims they ever killed were. he hears a soft sobbing of a girl and walked towards the source. there he looked at the cage, the vicious one has fallen into a deep sleep, while the other was so frightened she crouched on the other end of the cage.
 
"who's there?" Miku heard the breaking of a branch and behind a tree revealed a sweet-looking guy.
 
"it's me. I'm not here to kill you so you don't have to be so fearful"
 
she continued to back away despite Yuri's words. he grabbed her hand and stopped her from moving further.
 
"what do you want?!" Miku cried.
 
"shhh. take this. if you are ever afraid, just clutch this frozen tear drop tightly in your palms." he handed a tear-drop shaped oracle on her hand and smiled. she felt confused of his kindness.
 
"w-what does it do?"
 
he giggled at her stammering, "well, it doesn't kill you. this thing is connected to me. so if you do that, I'll come to you.it'll also temporarily gives you resistance against foreign attacks"
 
"but w-why are you helping me?"
 
"no reason. I just want to. anyway, you've to keep this a secret, don't pass this to anyone or tell anyone about this. also, don't expect me to rescue you, or let you out... all I could promise is to accompany you through the darkest time. see me as a companion" he smiled.
 
she nodded and softly whispered "thanks sir"
 
"my name is Yuri..." before he could continue, he sensed the Queen approaching.
 
"w-where are you going?" she held on to his arms, hoping he'll stay.
 
"I'll be here watching. don't worry." he jumped off and within a split second, he's nowhere to be seen.
 
he looked from afar and was puzzled when the Queen pulled Suzuka out. she seemed to be saying something to her... but what? the Queen is normally quick in her attacks, this is so unlike her.
 
"wahhh" someone more powerful cupped his mouth from the back and dragged him away.
 
Yuri struggled but the person didnt budge until they got to somewhere quieter.
 
"do you think I didn't know what you did just now?" Yuri was surprise to see Ryosuke right before him.
 
"r-Ryosuke."
 
"you're gonna get yourself killed. you're not me, if you make a mistake, the Queen is gonna kill you instantly."
 
"b-but I can't help it. I" Yuri stammered.
 
"I am not here to argue with you. I trust that you're wise enough to know your position." Yuri looked down disappointedly and Ryosuke noticed his best friend low spirits.
 
"take this." he handed another teardrop oracle to him.
 
"Ryosuke?"
 
"don't give this away again! it's the last one I am giving. I can't believe you gave away my gift to you"
 
"I'm sorry. but I can't accept this, Ryosuke. I let you down, and this is precious.... I recalled you only had 5 of these. if you give me another one, you won't have anymore.i don't deserve this"
 
"glad you know how important this is to me. so you better treasure this with your life. and I know better as to who deserve this, so don't question me." he answered sternly.
 
"Ryosuke, thank you" Yuri bowed to him and Ryosuke gave him a relaxed smile.
 
"think about what i said. i don't want to lose my best friend, you understand." Yuri nodded as Ryosuke's concern.
 
"lets go. we can go get some food before heading back" he wrapped his arms around Yuri's shoulders and playfully pushed him from the back, causing Yuri to regain his usual cheerfulness.
 
"ah. Chotto. Ryosuke, I saw the Queen conveying something to Suzuka before you came. it's like as though she has some instructions for Suzuka"
 
"what?!" Ryosuke let go off his arms from Yuri and the smile on his face dissolved into a frown.
 
"oh damn! Umika~" he mumbled.
 
"Umika? hey, Ryosuke, where are you going?!!! wait for me" Yuri chased after Ryosuke who dashed  in the direction of his fortress. 
 
---
back in the fortress while Umika was taking her afternoon nap, she heard someone calling her.
 
the voice is definitely from Suzuka. In her dream, she did see a shadow at the end of a heaven-like environment. Suzuka seemed to be calling out for her, but Umika hesitated. "where are you going, Suzuka?" the more Umika shouted, the further Suzuka go. "come with me..." Suzuka called out.
 
no, it's not a dream... she is calling for me. 
 
Umika clearly saw the outline of Suzuka outside the fortress when she opened her eyes.
 
"Suzuka!!!" she dashed right out of the fortress, completely ignoring Ryosuke's warning.
 
"Suzuka, w-wait for me!" she panted as she tried to catch up to Suzuka, and she failed to realise that she's moving further and further away from the fortress.
 
finally Suzuka stopped. Umika tried to catch her breathe as she speak, "where's Miku? lets get out of here..."
 
"Miku, she's still in the cage." Suzuka answered in an unusual calm tone.
 
"then lets go get her out.," Umika said.
 
"you think we stand a chance... I've another plan, Umika~"
 
"if I stab you with this, I'll get to leave this damn place." Umika is shocked at Suzuka's threat. she realised that she has fallen into Suzuka's trap to lure her out of the fortress.
 
"S-Suzuka" Umika took gradual steps back as Suzuka moved towards her.
 
"didnt you come back to save us? then just let me stab you, then you'll accomplish what you came for" Suzuka approached faster, and realizing that there's no stopping of Suzuka's killing spree, Umika decided the only thing she could do is to make a run for it. 
 
"Suzuka Stop!!!!! the Queen made you do that, right?!!! you've to get a grip of yourself!" Umika shouted as she ran through the bushes until she reached a dead end. one more step back and she'll fall off a cliff.
 
"please don't, Suzuka" she cried.
 
"I must thank you for saving my life.oh, I'll love Hikaru in your place. good bye Umika" she took a ice dagger which looked like a spell is casted on it and dashed towards Umika like a person in trance.
 
"ahhhhhhhh" she cried and shut her eyes as she fear to see her own death.
 
"arghhhhhhhhhhh!" the dagger was stopped before it could stab into Umika's heart.She realised Ryosuke standing in the way, shielding her from Suzuka's attack, with the sharp edge of the dagger piercing his palms.
 
"Sir?" A strong gush of wind surrounds the 3 persons, the spell on the ice dagger seemed to be rebouncing back with Ryosuke's inner power exerted forward. Ryosuke's eyes looked at Suzuka with deadly stare; his furiousness reached the limit and in a fit of anger, he send a powerful force towards her, causing her to fly a few miles away.
 
"noo" Umika was thinking of checking if Suzuka was alright but was held back by Ryosuke.
 
"g-get back to the fortress now!" Though Umika wanted to retaliate, but upon seeing his condition, she decided to obey. His face is pale, lips slightly purplish and his palm is bleeding profusely.
 
"Ryosuke!!!" Yuri arrived, only to be shocked at his injured state.
 
"omg... okay listen, Umika, bring Ryosuke back to the fortress. I'll handle the rest. so worry not, Ryosuke. trust me"
 
Ryosuke grit his teeth in pain as he nodded and allowed Umika to lead the way back. He placed his arms over his shoulder, as there's no other way he could avoid the skinship. the pain is taking a toll on him. the week long hunt has already drained his energy, hence he wasn't able to endure the damage caused to him by the cursed dagger. 
 
Umika occasionally looked at his frowned face and knew he was in great pain. On top of that, she felt that he's freezing, his body temperature is plummeting. she wanted to speed up but his body is unable to accommodate her speed. she felt guilty but she knew this was not the time to apologise.
finally, they reached the fortress. "are you okay?~ you don't look good... you said I can help you right? please let me repay you now" she begged him for forgiveness.
he looked at her and then pushed her onto the tree truck, leaning his forehead on hers.he entwined his fingers around hers and slowly moved his lips towards hers. Umika has never let any guys kissed her or get intimate with her before in her life despite having so many guys liking her. Ryosuke is the only one who got so close with her twice. they were almost like kissing, but the minimal physical gap between them made her more tense and awkward. She felt her energy being out of her. her hand which is entangled with his injured hand felt like it's healing itself. His temperature is returning to normal.
 
The injury healed, he looked much better, more energized, but he still held on to the furnitures for support. he grabbed a cup of strawberry juice, while she begged him.
 
"I'm sorry. it's my fault. I ~"
"Shut up! I don't want to hear your stupid explanation! if you have just listened to me, this would not have happened!!!!' if you have just listened, i wouldn't have lost you!!!" Umika was confused at what he said. He didn't seem to be talking about her, but someone else who went through the same attack as she did a while ago. Before she could clarify, he walked towards the fortress gate as if exiting.
"where are you going?! please don't leave me alone" she feared another attack, as well as worried of his condition. 
 
"go away!" he pushed her and she laid flat on the ground. he didnt turn back.
 
"Ryosuke, where are you going?" he bumped into Yuri on his way out.
 
"Guard my fortress, don't let her get out or anyone else to get in. You understand?!" he raised his voice. Yuri had to obey him without protest. He knew Ryosuke is not only feeling physical strain, but also a heartache, one that is much more painful than the former. He knew what Ryosuke wants most - is a time alone 
 
---
If the part of the forest where the victims are housed is called the dark forest, then this would be the enchanted one. Unlike Ryosuke's fortress, this forest is just a white piece of land filled with only snow...but the snow here is particularly white. One would mistake this for a dreamland.
 
This enchanted forest is Ryosuke's utopia, he constructed it himself. it's the only place where he could be honest; the only place he dare show the most vulnerable side of himself. Because here lies the only 'person' who could make him do just that.
 
After the attack on Umika, all his mind could think of is this place, is this person. Ryosuke walked towards a lone tree, which seemed to deep-rooted into the thick layer of snow. The tree, despite being the only one in this enchanted forest, stood beautifully against its plain backdrop and it received all the love from the Snow Prince.
 
He placed his hands on the trunk and he greeted gently, "it has been a long time since I came and visit you." he smiled, but ironically tears fell as he clutch hold of his broken heart. he leaned on the tree and sat, pulling his knees close to his body. He let his head rest on the tree and teared as flashes of memory ran through his brain uncontrollably.
/flashback/
 
5 years ago, when the Snow Prince was only 15 years old, he crossed path with a poor matchstick girl who lost her way and unfortunately, intruded the forest. She wandered so deep in that she miraculously found her way into the Snow Prince's fortress. At the same time, Ryosuke was out hunting and when he returned he was more than surprise to see a girl his age fell asleep on his ice bed. He wanted to kill her but before he did, he saw tears on the sides of her eyelids, he saw her shaking in the cold. He looked through her heart and saw her lonliness, her sadness, and realised that she resembles him. When she finally woke up and realised that she has walked into someone else's ground, she looked into his eyes with sorrows and fear that he knew at once that there's no way he could kill her with his own hands. He suggested to let her go, and he did, but soon after, she came back for him.
"there's no place for me out there... I have no friends, no family, no one to talk to... you're the only one who I am willing to trust... can you be my friend?" she ran and threw her body at him, wrapping him tightly in her arms. Though appalled at her passionate act, he reciprocated and brought her close into his arms, because he could understand her plight, he sympathises her, he feels her.
 
"you don't know who I am. I might get you killed. even so, would you still wanna be my friend' he asked, while he ran his fingers down his silky long hair.
 
Instead of answering him, she made him promise..."if that day ever comes, then I hope you will be the one who ends my life. I trust you, and I always will." he selfishly wanted her to himself, he thought he'll finally found himself a soulmate, with the exception of his sworn buddies Yuri and Daiki who are still controlled by his oppressive mother. 
He hid her from his mother, away from the dangers, safely in his fortress. They talked about everything under the stars, they shared secrets and every night, he wrap her cozily beside him, to shield him from the night breeze. They even shared brief moments of hugs and kisses. Regardless of how injured he is or how thirsty he is for energy, he seldom extract it from her. But everytime, she will offer herself to him, despite the fact that she's weak. At the end of the day, he will shower her with tender-loving care to help her recover from her fever and regain her strength.
It was almost 2 years later that the Queen learnt about her existance. While Ryosuke was out hunting the werewolves, she lure the girl out from the fortress just like how she lured Umika out. She captured her and awaited for Ryosuke to return.
 
"mother~"he was shaken with fear when he saw his only love in her mother's hands.
The Snow Queen held the cursed ice dagger near to her heart. The curse is powerful. Once the dagger stabs into it's victim's heart, it will freeze the heart and then the whole body, and within minutes, the frozen body will break into tiny pieces. It's much more tragic than that of the frozen artifacts - at least they had the whole body intact.
 
"R-Ryosuke." she called out to him weakly as though making her last call .
 
"Did you, or did you not lie to me, my son?" the Queen asked. As far as Ryosuke remembered, the Queen has always treated him like he owned him 100%, controlling his every action, surveilling him....she treats him more than a  son, but more like she dictates over his life, she possess his everything. She of course would not tolerate another girl in his life, to snatch her son away. It is as if her son will leave him and she will lose a capable helper, a companion, more importantly, his rare therapeutic power which she yearns day and night.
 
"I..." before Ryosuke can continue his plea for his mum to let her go, the victim interrupted.
 
"he didn't lie! he was going to kill me..." she said. Ryosuke choked on his tears which ran like watertap. He felt so immensely heartbroken by her words which is clearly meant to save him, despite the one in distress was herself.He felt so small and useless.
 
"if it's true, then prove to me." the Queen pushed her a few steps forward so she stood right in front of Ryosuke. the Queen threw the cursed ice dagger and it landed on Ryosuke's hands. He clutched hold of it tightly as if he is looking at crushing the damn weapon, and looked sadly into his beloved's eyes.
"remember your promise~" she smiled, which actually hurt him more because she is so bravely facing her death... instead he seemed so emotionally weak. "i was supposed to be protecting you" Ryosuke said. He clenched his fist and tightened his jaw, as he prepare himself mentally for the moment.
He shut his eyes and mouthed "i'm sorry. goodbye" and he stabbed the dagger into her heart. She fell into his arms, and tears dropped from his eyes to her face. "thank you for everything, Ryosuke. You're the best thing that ever happened to me. I love you"  that was her parting words that he will never forget. She froze immediately after.
Unknown to most (except Yuri and Daiki), Ryosuke gave one of his self-concocted oracle (which he used his blood and tears to create) to her. The oracle could protect one's soul, and in the face of a powerful curse, the oracle helped keep her intact for a longer time. Ryosuke didn't want her to shatter into bits and pieces, and so he melted her and poured her essence on a seed, which later grew to become the huge tree in the enchanted forest.
 
The tree is her, she is the tree. That's what Ryosuke believes. 
 
-----/end of flashback/
"Mirai~ time flies so fast, you're 3 years old now." he touched the bark of the tree and tried to suppress his emotions. He looked at the oracle in his hand. This was the oracle that 'saved' her last breathe, and was the oracle that he will never give away. Yes, there were 5 of them - he has one, and he gave one to Daiki, 2 to Yuri, and the last one which was the one Mirai left behind. He clutched hold of hers in his hand and brought it close to his lips, and kissed it gently. His tears came into contact with the oracle and it glowed, then dimmed back. 
He wiped his tears and gather his feet back up, as he made it a point that he never shows anyone he's weakness once he steps out of the enchanted forest.only the tree, only Mirai can see that side of him. Since her death, he changed entirely. He became stronger in front of everyone, he became heartless, brutal...and he never shows his kind, forgiving side, as he knew the consequences will be dire.
 
"Ryosuke" as he stepped out of the forest, he saw Daiki calling out for him. Apparently he has been waiting for him here. he knew he will come.
 
"Daiki~ how did you know I'm here?"
 
"well, you're underestimating me. Aren't we best friends, best buddies?" Daiki placed his arm over Ryosuke's shoulder and gave him a brotherly hug.
 
"I hope you are feeling better now. Mirai, always cheer you up." Daiki knew exactly what Ryosuke wants to hear. In fact, Ryosuke truly treasures Yuri and Daiki. He ever swore to himself, that if the Queen wants to take their life one day, he will fight for them, even if it means going against her.
 
Ryosuke smiled.
 
"This Umika, won't be the next Mirai right?" Daiki just had to ask. He has been worried about this ever since he knew Ryosuke didn't kill her.
 
"No one can replace Mirai. I mean it when I say I'm gonna kill Umika. The reason why I saved her from the attack today is because... it's not yet time for her to die. I still need her energy." Ryosuke answered confidently, but deep down, he knew that there was this split second that he confused her with Mirai. In that second, he thought he's gonna lose Mirai once more.