The extraction

The Snow Prince

2 boys stood in front of a majestic door that leads to a magnificent ice palace. they were anxious and fearful that the message they sent is received by the receiver.

 
but their expressions sank when Ryosuke walked towards them.
 
"what?! did you not receive our message? we told you to stay away, at least for now. the Queen is thirsty. there's no way your body can handle it. the full moon is affecting you as well, plus you were injured from the wolves attack... it's suicidal..." Daiki tried to say under one single breathe which clearly irritated Ryosuke.
 
"are you done talking?" he paused and surveyed the worried Yuri and Daiki. They were used to his hostile speeches and therefore did not feel offended.
 
"I'll be fine. she needs the energy more than I do since the forest is maintained by her, and only her."
 
the two knew that they couldn't outtalk Ryosuke and so they came up with alternative suggestions.
 
"fine, then let us at least help you prepare the 2 girls who the queen and you just caught. well, although they don't have much energies in them but at least it could help replenish a little" Yuri suggested.
 
"no. they belong to the Queen, and you know the rules, we're not allowed to touch what's hers. that includes me."
 
"okay, then there's one girl you took right? you can consume her then" Yuri added.
 
"enough. I don't want to hear any more suggestions from both of you. I know what I'm doing" Ryosuke sternly instructed. he turned away and walked towards the door, while the two backed off before they anger him any further.
 
"ah, Yuri, Daiki. there's something I need you to help me check out. those 2 girls, verify their current condition and report back to me" 
 
"yes, we'll do it right now. but why? you were never concerned for victims" Daiki asked.
 
"I have my reasons. Just do as I say" Ryosuke answered coldly and the two of them obediently nodded and bowed.
 
Yuri and Daiki looked at Ryosuke disappear behind the door and both let out a worried expression as they feared for his health.
 
"Yuri, you stay here and wait for Ryosuke to come out. he'll need you. I'll go and get his task done." Daiki said.
 
"will do. don't worry." Yuri nodded and Daiki took his leave.
 
---
within the ice palace, the Queen waited patiently for her dear son to arrive. Ryosuke walked along the aisle towards her, only to be received by her warmly before he reaches her seat.
 
before he could formally greet her, she grabbed his arm and expressed her worries toward his injury.
 
"does it still hurt? oh I see you've healed yourself" she noticed his arm completely scarless.
 
"thanks for your concern, your highness. I'm fine." he gave a reassuring bow.
 
"it's good that you have this power that even I do not possess." she remarked sarcastically.
 
"if only I could transfer this power to you, then you will not need to suffer. I truly apologise." Ryosuke maneuvered around her comment tactfully.
 
"don't be mistaken, the power fits you perfectly, my son. so delicate, so loving..." she ran her hand on his face and traced his jawline. Ryosuke stood expressionless and motionless as he's used to her seductive  actions, even to her own son. he knew what she was driving at, so he played along.
 
"I'm ready" Ryosuke shut his eye as he prepared himself mentally and physically for the transfer of energy to proceed.
 
She aligned her lips to his and moved closer until they were almost 1 inch away from touching each other's lips.
 
the process of extraction is always painful for the extractee. he felt his whole life out from him. a stream of white smoke passed from his mouth to hers and gradually he felt his limbs feeling weak. he tried to focus and stay strong for at least the next few minutes so that the process can be completed. he did it frequently for her, but it was never so excruciating and unbearable.
 
Yuri and Daiki are right. he is not in the state of health to be transferring his already low energy to her. both of them are indeed weakened by the recent full moon, and before he could regain his best of health, he was attacked by the wolves. moreover, unknown to everyone, he did not consume his only capture, Umika, instead he healed her injury and kept her warm.
 
"thank you, my dear son. I trust that you're okay" she parted from him and turned her back against him.
 
"I'm good" he's lying. he felt that even talking is tedious.
 
"one last thing before I dismiss you... you do know that no one should leave the forest with secrets about us... especially our prisoners." the Queen said.
 
Ryosuke knew perfectly what she meant. there could only be one reason for her to give him a reminder - she knew that Umika was let off and that he was the reason.
 
"I have not forgotten this, my highness" he replied calmly
 
"good! I know my son... he never disappoints me. and he will never do anything that goes against my words" her words send chills down his spine, as he feared what she'll do if she finds Umika still very much alive.
 
he struggled to walk to the door, but was glad that he saw Yuri standing right in front of him behind the door.
 
he almost collapsed on the ground, but luckily Yuri caught him just in time.
 
he held Ryosuke by the shoulder and grip him tight to prevent any fall.
 
"I'll bring you back to your fortress." Yuri knew that Ryosuke is too tired to engage in an argument with him. as much as he wanted to prove How stupid Ryosuke was, he decided to hold it back.
 
Ryosuke leaned his whole weight on Yuri and frowned as he endured the weakness that's taking a toll on him. 
 
when they finally reached, Yuri offered to bring him in.
 
"it's okay from here. you can leave now" he didnt want Yuri to know what he was hiding.
 
Umika after hearing the commotion outside decided that it's better to hide first. but in the process, she snapped a tree branch which alerted Yuri.
 
"did you hear that? there's something inside. I should take a look" Yuri tried to push his way through but only to be stopped by Ryosuke once again.
 
"I said go. if there's anything inside my fortress, it's those rabbits" Ryosuke asserted.
 
"okay okay. but at least let me catch a few victims for you. it can help replenish a little of your damaged energy."
 
Ryosuke knew Yuri really is concern for him and realised that he has been very intolerant towards him for the entire day this far.
 
"Yuri, I'm okay. if there's anything I need, I'll let you know immediately. for now, I just wanna rest." he gave Yuri a light pat on his shoulder, leaving Yuri no choice but to obey.
 
"I'll stand guard nearby, in case any of those damn wolves try to make a sneaky attack during this period."
 
"thanks" Ryosuke smiled briefly before sending Yuri off.
 
he dragged his feet into his fortress and held onto a tree for support. 
 
Umika looked at him, puzzled by his drastic change in condition. she realised he looked weak and pale, and if she is ever thinking of escaping, this could be the chance.
 
but she clearly remembered his warning that if she steps out of this fortress, her life will be in grave danger. somehow she trusted him, despite him being evil.
 
she ran towards him, sincerely  concerned over his health. she knelt before him, and called out to him. "sir. excuse me... are you okay?"
 
Ryosuke just sat beneath the tree, in a meditation posture, with his frowns and his eyes shut. he completely ignored her call until she started shaking him.
 
"don't scare me. are you okay? please respond!" she shook him by the shoulder, and in that instant, he opened his eyes which is filled with fury and irritation and stared at her. his stare penetrated her heart and caused her to tremble with fear.
 
she wanted to back off but it was too late. he brought his hand to her thin neck and grip it hard, so hard that he's close to strangling her.
 
She tried to struggle out of his grip but it only added to the intensity. she coughed hard as she couldn't breathe. he didnt budge, instead he pulled her closer and aligned her lips right against his.
 
she blushed at the mere thought that he is trying to kiss her. but it wasn't a kiss. their lips didnt touch, but she felt a large part of her energy and her happiness being out of her and into him. The grip on her neck remained, leaving her no room to back off or struggle. in a matter of minutes, she finally lost control of her limbs and collapsed right on him.
 
"thank you" he smirked and said to her who now has her head lie comfortably on his shoulder. 
 
he carried her onto the ice bed and before he goes back to his meditation state, he whispered in her ears "now I owe you another favor"
 
----
when she woke up the next morning with a slight dizzy spell, she found a bottle of red-looking liquid beside her and a note.
 
"Drink it. though I will not guarantee that this is not poison"
 
she found it really frustrating when he talks down to her this way. her mind started to hear conflicting opinions whether to drink it or not.
 
he wants to kill you, of course don't drink it!
 
if he wanted to kill you, he would have done it earlier, he doesn't have to do this underhandedly.
 
she decided to take the risk and drank it. 
 
"strawberry juice?!" she said as she realised the familiar taste. she gulped it down and instantly, she felt that a surge of energy returned to her.
 
"sir? sir!!!" she ran around the fortress looking for him, only to finally spot him under the same tree, in the same position.
 
afraid that he will attack her again, she stayed within a safe distant.
 
"thank you. it's really nice" she loved strawberries and she never expected to drink it here.
 
she thought he's not going to reply, but he did.
 
"how did you decide to trust me? aren't you scared that i'll poison you?" he asked with his eyes shut.
 
"I am scared. but I just know you won't kill me" she said confidently, only to be stubbed by his mocking giggles
 
"you trust too easily, my lady. let me tell you something...."
 
he pressed her against the trees and intimidated her once more which made her blush like a tomato.
 
"since I was born, I only kill and never let off anyone . you're of no exception. stop thinking so highly about yourself. it'll be easy to take your life" he said right into her face, sending fear right through her bones. 
I'll kill you anytime I want. Never forget this.