3 kisses

The Snow Prince

"what are you doing?!!!" Miku shouted when she saw Yuri knocking out Suzuka with his fist. He cupped Miku's mouth before she could make any more noise and dragged her to an isolated corner in the dark forest.

"shhh. I'm not gonna hurt you. I just needed you for the time being" Yuri whispered into her ears as he wrapped her from behind.
 
She nodded, given that Yuri hasn't done anything but protect her all this time.
 
"what do you need from me?"
 
"just stay with me for a while," Miku could sense the sadness in his tone. She knew Yuri was troubled over something and was hoping he would say something, but instead he sat her down beside him and stayed silence for quite a while.
 
Finally, he decided to break the silence with something rather abstract.
 
"I finally understood the feeling of being betrayed by someone I looked up to all this while... I feel raged to the extent I want to kill him, but somewhere in my heart, I don't want him to get hurt... Miku, what should I do?" he looked into the nightsky and questioned.
 
"ask yourself how important this person is to you. how much you value this relationship with him. are willing to forget the disappointments and forgive him?"
 
"I hate him... but I can't at the same time. I feel like I'm torn into half with my oppositional thoughts."
 
"I guess it's not something you can decide in a day. I would say, giving each other sometime to cool down is what both of you should do." 
 
"thank you" Yuri turned to Miku and gave a smile filled with gratitude. he felt very much comforted after her guiding words.
 
"I could console you, but when I think about Suzuka and Umika... I feel that I'm helpless and useless. I don't know what to do to mend their broken friendship"
 
"honestly, I agree with Ryosuke. your friend, Suzuka is blinded by jealousy... unless she's willing to let it go, there's no way you can reverse the crack in this friendship." 
 
Yuri saw the sorrowful eyes of the girl he loved. He clutched her hands and looked into her eyes as if consoling her broken heart, but he didn't know what to say...
 
the next moment came too sudden. Yuri gently pressed his lips onto Miku's. Miku stiffened up as she has never kissed anyone in her life. Her eyes widened at Yuri's initiative and she was captivated by how flawless his face was in such close proximity. His lips was soft and juicy it felt like a marshmallow dipped in strawberry sauce. heat flushed to her face with her heart beating at a rapid speed. she felt her heart sank once Yuri pulled apart.
"w-what are you doing?"
 
"I love you, Miku. I set eyes on you the very first time I saw you."
 
"b-but I..."
 
"I don't need you to answer me or feel the same for me. I just wanna let you know how I feel. I'm not like a certain someone who runs away from his feelings... I'm not good at concealing my emotions either.... Miku, I promise you I'll find a way to get you out of this place, even if it means to exchange my life for your safety."
 
Miku was so shocked she couldn't make out a word or a sound. so much thoughts went through her mind that she needed time to comprehend... Realizing that he has stunned Miku with his sudden confession, he thought it'll be better to leave her alone to calm down so he brought her back to the cage.
 
"I'll be back," Yuri smiled before turning his back and disappearing from her view. 
 
the anti-climatic resolution left Miku in an unexpected feeling of emptiness and, more shockingly, an exploding sense of desire for Yuri's scent and touch.
 
*********
Ryosuke pondered deeply over that sharp intense pain he felt earlier before he passed out.
 
my mother's charm has such extensive impact on me this time round... even with Suzuka and Yuri's energy, I still suffer from the side effects...
 
he unconsciously walked out of the forest into the town. he aimlessly wandered alone, where his feet brought him. somehow the distance between him and her lessened as he walked the familiar streets that they once walked. the pharmacy, the dark alley all brought back memories. as he reminisced, something he saw caught his attention.
 
***********
A dark-haired, beautiful girl walked out of TBS entertainment building, extremely excited by the phone call that came from her lovable boyfriend.
 
"Haruna! how's the filming today?"
 
"Yuto! filming when great today."
 
"you sure you don't need me to come and fetch you? it's already 10pm."
 
"don't worry Yuto. I'm fine. shouldn't you be having dinner with your friend?"
 
"oh, you mean Umika? yeah, she's beside me now. I'm walking her home first"
 
Yuto could hear a sigh from his girlfriend's side.
 
"I smell jealousy..."he giggled.
 
"I'm not! haha why should I be jealous. it'll be your lost if you let go of me."
 
"oh really, you must not know your boyfriend is extremely popular in school too... wahh ouch Umika" Yuto's teasing got a slap on the back by the irritated Umika.
 
"thank you Umika! he so deserve it" Haruna shouted through the phone so Umika could hear her.
 
"ah, 2 girls ganging up on me. that's really evil"all three laughed eventually.
 
"anyway, Haruna, call me when you reach home"
 
"yes, my paranoid boyfriend. bye" 
 
"bye"
 
the phone call disengaged.. Haruna walked along the quiet alley...
 
"what have we got here... a celebrity isn't it, guys"
 
before she knew it, she was surrounded by a group of drug addicts. 
 
"w-what do you want?~"her hands trembled so bad that she couldn't hold her phone properly.
 
"trying to call someone huh" one guy slapped her so hard that she flew a few steps away and her phone dropped further from her. 
 
"pass me some of the stuff" one of the guy threw a pack of white powder towards the guy who pinned Haruna down on the floor.
 
"what are you doing?!! let me go!!!!" Haruna kicked his groin and ran while he is yelling in pain.
 
"ahhhh helppppp!" she turned back as she was running and saw them just an arm's length away from her. not looking where she is going, she bumped right into a guy her height. the guy looked at her disinterested of her calamity. she grabbed his arm but he didnt reciprocate, her attackers on the other hand pulled her from the back...
 
"help!!!" she lost grip of the guy's arm and the next moment they pinned her to the wall and tried to gorge down the white powder down .
 
"let her go" the guy finally said in a cold, weary tone.
 
the attackers ignored.
 
the guy walked towards Haruna, pushed away her attackers and grabbed her in his arms.
 
"YOU!!!!" it angered the attackers as they came towards him.
 
"it'll be better if you not look" he covered her eyes with his palm , and next, she heard shrieking pain from her attackers.
 
how did he do it? there's so many of them and he's fighting singlehandedly?
 
she felt a chilly breeze constantly blowing from beside her... his body is cold, but yet there's this feeling of warmth radiating from him.
 
"argh!!!!!!!!!!!!" suddenly when Haruna thinks everything will  be okay as long with the guy here, she's wrong. the guy suffered an unknown sharp pain in his heart and a sudden migraine that left him too weak to even stand up
 
what's this pain?!!! it's killing me~
 
his palm left her eyes and she saw the chaotic scene in front of her. 4 of the 6 guys are motionless on the floor with traces of ice (?) on their skins. but what worry her most is the guy who saved her seemed to be in pain too. he clutched his heart, while cold sweat trickled down his forehead as he suppressed the pain. 
 
"did they hit you??? where does it hurt?! your chest?!" Haruna tried to check him out, disregarding the fact that there's 2 other attackers still conscious.
 
"g-go... " the guy instructed Haruna to run while she can but instead she couldn't bear to leave him alone.
 
the 2 attackers charged towards them. out of desperation, the guy pinned Haruna beneath his body and shielded her from the constant impactful bashes from the metal poles used by the attackers. every time the poles fall on him, Haruna could feel his pain. The next second, something bizarre happened that Haruna couldn't explain.
 
Haruna saw his pupil turned blue and the 2 brutal attackers paused their movements in midair. it is like as if time stopped for a second for them, and in the next instance, they fell to the floor motionless like the rest.
 
Haruna was petrified by that shocking scene. she was almost sure that the guy who saved her is not normal. she should have feared him, but she couldn't bring herself to, cause she saw the kindness in his face. his pupil returned to his normal colour and he collapsed on her.
 
"hey~ hey! are you okay?" Haruna felt him turn cold and pale. she saw the beaten state of the guy, his shirt ripped at the back revealing the thick bloody opened wounds. tears gushed out of her eyes at his condition and she trembled as she reached out to her phone and dialed the number.
 
"Haruna, you reach home?"
 
"Yuto!!!!!! help" Yuto's heart whimpered as he heard the bitter sobbings of his girlfriend. 
 
"what happened? don't cry.. tell me what's wrong..."
 
"someone is severely injured while trying to save me from the drug addicts!! Yuto, how?!!"
 
"okay, listen carefully. tell me where you are and I'll come over right now"
 
Yuto was shaking when he took down the address... he tired to suppress his fear so he doesn't cause more worries to Haruna. he is anxious and afraid of seeing what she has went through.
 
when he hung up the call, he could still hear her crying over her saviour. it really breaks his heart to hear her cry so hard.
 
"Yuto, I'll go with you! one more person, one more pair of hands. besides, I know a little of first aid" Yuto can't possible reject Umika's offer. in fact, he needed her help cause he is in such a flustered state of mind that he felt he'll just fumble over everything.
 
"thank you" Yuto grabbed Umika's arm and ran towards the address which was surprisingly just nearby..
 
*********
 
"Yuto!!!!" Umika and Yuto ran towards the source of the voice and located Haruna sitting on the ground, with her arms tightly wrapped around a guy lying motionless on the floor with blood stains and ripped clothes.
 
Umika was attracted to the scene which were filled with the bodies of 6 other men, but what she feared was all 6 of them had traces of ice shavings on their skins. in this warm day, there can only be one possibility.
 
"Ryosuke!!!!!" she realised the owner of the familiar body.
 
"who? you know him?" Haruna asked.
 
Umika anxiously nodded and turned to Yuto. "we've to save him!"
 
she ran her hands on Ryosuke's face and realised he was cold and trembling.
 
"alright! we have to send him to the hospital..." Yuto carried Ryosuke on his back...deep down, he found something amiss. he noticed whatever Umika saw - the cold bodies, both his and the attackers... 
 
"noo~ we cant bring him to the hospital. bring him to my house!" umika demanded.
 
"why? but he needs proper medical attention" haruna argued.
 
Yuto could probe further and questioned Umika's ridiculous decision, but he saw the wounded Ryosuke and that on account of him saving Haruna, he decided to let the mystery remain as it is for the time being.
 
"Haruna, you don't wanna be involved with the press when you have a press conference tomorrow right. do as Umika says, her nursing skills are superb"
 
Haruna reluctantly obliged... she felt guilty for causing such physical damage to her saviour, and was afraid he'll not make it.
 
Umika was holding onto her tears for she's worried sick about Ryosuke. she never expected to reunite with Ryosuke in this condition, and never did she expect that the once impenetrable Snow Prince can be trampled upon by mere humans. she can't help but fear that he must have been punished by the snow queen for letting her and Hikaru escape, hence explaining his weakness.
 
Ryosuke too was brooding over whatever the cause may be. 
 
it didnt take long for them to arrive in Umika's house. Yuto let him down on Umika's bed as instructed.
 
"Yuto, you should bring Haruna home... she must be traumatized by what happened back there. you can leave the rest to me"
 
"no no, I wanna stay and help too. this guy is like this because of me." Haruna argued again.
 
Yuto looked at Umika and knew she's hiding something, but decided to play along.
 
"Haruna... be obedient. you need some rest for tomorrow. don't worry, I'll come back and help Umika after I bring you home" Yuto said.
 
"Really? you'll do that?"
 
"he saved my girlfriend. of course I will... so rest assure I'll not let anything happen to him" Haruna ran into Yuto's arms and embraced him tightly. his scent and comforting warmth calmed her nervous heart and lightened the heavy tension running through her veins. that's what she loved about Yuto... everything about him is so gentlemanly lovable, sweet, charming..
 
"everything will be fine. I'm here now" Yuto gave a wide smile and pulled his arms over her shoulder.
 
"Umika, you'll be fine alone, right?" this question really bothered Yuto most. he hope leaving the 2 alone will not, in any way, endanger Umika's life.
 
"I'll be fine. don't worry"
 
"okay, anything call me immediately! I'll be back as soon as I send Haruna home" Umika nodded and hurried them out so she could tend to Ryosuke.
 
*****
Umika burst out into tears as she saw the pain written all over Ryosuke's body. With the tears continuously running down her cheeks, she help him sit up while she removed his top to clean his wounds. the more she touched him, the more she felt his sufferings. throughout the cause, his brows are knitted in distress, his eyes never once opened to look at her, his lips is pale like paper, his limbs are sleeping. When Umika let go, he collapsed right into her arms as though there's completely no energy in him.
 
"Ryosuke!!! speak to me~ how did you end up like this. those people shouldn't be your match at all... the queen did something to you right??? it's my fault, it's all my fault!" she shook him by the shoulders but there was no response. She let him down on her bed after she help him change into a fresh top.
 
She cried and cried as she continued to look at him helplessly. She brushed his fringe from his face and traced her fingers down his face.
tumblr_mzw1w4r4J91qg3b1wo1_500.png
"Ryosuke~" Umika leaned forward and placed her lips on his. she could feel her strength decreasing as she continues to taste his soft lips. she brought herself close to him and ran her hands on his neck.she felt herself getting as she delves deeper and deeper into the kiss. and at the peak of the most passionate moment, her vision blurs and she collapsed on his chest, while her bottom half of the body sat comfortably on the ground.
 
they both lie sound asleep with their hands tangled as one.
***********
on the other hand, Yuto and Haruna walked in complete silence as they both seemed to be preoccupied with making sense of what just happened. it was Haruna who decided to break the silence.
 
"Yuto~ can I tell you something?"
 
"anything~"
 
"I'm not exactly sure what is it, but that guy, he gives me a really weird feeling... it's not fear per se, but something extraordinary. like how he could singlehandedly wipe out those 6 guys. he seemed like the same age as us, so it's amazing how he could have done that. he's very secretive as well, he cupped my eyes so I didn't see any of the action.... except..."
 
Yuto could sense the uneasiness in her eyes.
 
"except what?"
tumblr_m2tewkngpb1qb4ib6.gif
"when 2 of the guys were hitting him with the poles, I saw his pupil turned colour... I swear I saw it changed from black to blue... and then the 2 guys, t-they paused in midair, as though someone the clockstopper. it lasted a few seconds and then they collapsed onto the floor without any physical attack from him"
 
"Yuto~ Yuto" Haruna tried to bring Yuto back to his senses as his mind was preoccupied with whatever Haruna just described.
 
"Haruna, don't think about anything. just shut your eyes and have a good sleep. tomorrow is your big day isn't it! so get a good rest..."
 
Haruna nodded and turned towards the entrance to her house. Yuto felt her unsettled heart and hence decided that he should do something about her.
"Haruna~" he pulled her into his embrace and cupped her face, slowly leaning closer and leaving a sweet imprint on her lips as a way of comforting her traumatic experience.
a few seconds was just nice for Haruna, though she wished it could be longer. Yuto has always been shy with skinships so she didnt get much of him, other than holding hands and hugging. she smelled his sweet citrus breathe and refreshing scent from his neck, and let the coziness from the manly temperature emitting from his body console her fear and erased her frightening nightmare.
 
"nitez" Yuto bidded her farewell and turned away, hiding a deep frown as many thoughts flooded him.
 
it became clearer when Haruna explained the details... there's something important he has to verify with somebody.
 
"Yuto, do you know what time is it now? what is it that you must call me at this time?!" Hikaru grumbled over the phone.
 
"Hikaru, there's something I need to check with you..."
 
"what?"
 
"the snow prince you mentioned who is a cruel, heartless, brutally merciless devil... what's his name? do you know?"
 
"oh... I heard Umika call him Ryosuke" Yuto fell into a deep silence as soon as Hikaru mentioned the name he heard back at the alley when Umika called the guy. He clearly remembered Umika crying "Ryosuke", and every other signs point to him that the guy today is the snow prince.
 
"Hikaru...."
 
"ya?"
 
"we're best friends right?"
 
"yes...why ask?"
 
"nothing~ good night" Yuto hung up the phone, feeling more disturbed than ever after verifying the identity of the guy.
 
why would the snow prince save someone like Haruna who he doesn't know at all, to a point of risking his own life. why would Umika worry about him so much that she cry so intensely for a devil who killed even her own grandma. if he's like what Hikaru described, then these actions are illogical and irrational... there's more than what meets the eye.
 
Hikaru, I hope you didn't lie to me....