Acting

The Pleasure of Your Company

‘Shin Hye-ah! Good. Good. You’re here. Run-through todays scenes with Min Ho first while we set up. He’s been here since 4.30.’ Kang PD said, as he pushed her towards Min Ho’s chair.

‘Ah, Oppa! Why did you come so early? If I knew you’d be here so early, I’d have come earlier too!’ Shin Hye said, as she plopped down onto a chair next to Min Ho.

Min Ho glanced at Shin Hye, trying to figure out what was going through her head. Is she looking forward to the kiss? Is she nervous? What does she think about the scene?

‘Yah! Oppa! Are you awake?’ said Shin Hye, as she waved her hand in his face. ‘You should’ve caught up on your sleep instead of coming so early this morning!’ She leaned over from her seat and began to pinch his cheeks, ‘OPPA~ Wake up!’

‘Yah! Why are you so noisy so early in the morning?’ He growled, pushing her hand away. We’re going to film a kiss scene and here she is pinching my cheeks.

Shin Hye pouted, leaned back in her seat and crossed her arms, ‘Such a grouch!’ she huffed.

Ah! So sensitive. Smiling, he stood up and stood in front of her chair, ‘Shin Hye-ah, didn’t anyone tell you not to pinch a grown man’s cheeks, especially when he barely had any sleep?’

‘Why didn’t you sleep?’ Shin Hye asked, forgetting why she was sulking in the first place.

‘I had something on my mind’

‘What?’ Shin hye asked, eyes widening with curiosity.

‘Why do you want to know?’ He asked.

‘I want to know what could possibly be keeping you up at night! You like to sleep a lot don’t you?’

He leaned in till he was just a hair’s breath away from her face ‘Do you really want to know?’ He whispered, smiling mischievously. I can smell her cherry lip-gloss. 

Shin Hye looked up at him uncertainly ‘…Oppa, why are you getting so close?’

‘Because I can’t say what I was thinking about out loud,’ he whispered, as he purposefully glanced at her lips and then back up at her again. They look rosier today…

Intrigued, she whispered back, ‘Oppa, what is it? Did you do something bad?’

Aissssh! This clueless girl! ‘Ani,’ He lifted a lock of her hair and sniffed it, ‘Lavender.’

Slapping his hand away, Shin Hye fidgeted in her seat and tried to peer past his shoulder, ‘Oppa, people will see!’

‘Shin Hye-ah, did you sleep well last night? Your eye bags are more noticeable this morning.’ Really? Really? You’re talking about her eyes bags now, Min Ho? He braced himself for one of Shin Hye’s infamous whacks.

To his surprise, Shin Hye shyly replied, ‘Ani, I didn’t sleep well either,’ she glanced down at her lap and fiddled with her fingers. Without prompting she continued, ‘…to be honest, I’m nervous about todays scene.’

Stunned at the sudden shift in atmosphere, Min Ho stood to his full height and shoved his hands into his pockets. Ottoke? What do I say? What do I do? ‘Relax, Oppa will guide you,’ Oppa will guide you? Why do you have to be such an arrogant idiot?

‘You don’t look very sure, Oppa,’ Shin Hye commented, rising to her feet. Breaking into a sly grin, ‘Guen Suk Oppa had confidence oozing out of him when we filmed the scenes in YAB,’

The thought of Guen Suk and Shin Hye locking lips made him wince. He may have to rethink his friendship status with Guen Suk…and probably every other actor she’s locked lips with. And how does she switch between shy and haughty without even batting an eyelid?! ‘Yah! Is this how you deal with your nervousness?’

Shin Hye’s face flushed in response and she quickly turned away. Her response elicited a smirk from him. So easy to push her buttons. Shin Hye-ah, Oppa feels the same way. 

Shin Hye snapped her head back at him and barked, ‘We have to run-through the scene now! Let’s go!’ She picked up her script and marched towards an empty wall, away from the filming team.

Min Ho leaned his head back and closed his eyes and prayed to the heavens that he’d be able to play it cool for the rest of the day. We’re acting. This means nothing. Acting. Acting. Acting. He chanted, as he picked up his script and followed after her.