Twenty-Five

The Pleasure of Your Company

[11 February 2014]

‘How was your flight, Oppa?’

He stifled a yawn as he answered her, ‘Lonely. Would’ve been better if you had been there with me, instead of locking arms with that Ahn Jae Hyun.’ His words slightly hushed towards the end of his sentence, cautious not to draw any unwanted attention to himself.

‘Aisssh! Have you been stalking me online again?’

‘Dispatch is on your tail.’

‘Mwo?!’

‘Don’t worry, they didn’t catch you doing anything interesting…’ He heard her sigh in relief before he continued, ‘I have a complaint to make.’

‘Oh?’

He eyed the moving conveyer belt, looking out for his luggage, ‘You looked too delectable.’

‘Yah! A pair of jeans and a shirt…really? Oppa! What can I wear?’

He smirked to himself, imagining himself tossing out every single piece of clothing Shin Hye owned, leaving her with nothing but a silk bathrobe. ‘Probably not the time to think about this now, Min Ho!’ He chided himself silently. To her, he replied, ‘Rags.’ He stepped aside as a member of his crew stepped towards the conveyer belt to grab his bag, ‘So…what is Jae Hyun like?’

Familiar with the game Min Ho was trying to play, Shin Hye coyly responded, ‘He’s got a very magnetizing feel, Oppa. I think, he’s more charming than you, actually…which is a pity, because I always envisioned dating someone who matched me in charm.’

With a gibe, he countered, ‘That’s probably because birds of a feather flock together. I’m just way too charming for you to appreciate me.’ He yanked his grey luggage off the conveyer belt and tossed it onto the airport trolley one of the crewmembers was pushing. With that, he made a move towards the arrival gate, hands pushed into his pockets.

She coughed loudly into the phone, causing Min Ho to wince a little, ‘Yah! Are you trying to make me go deaf?’ He lamented, but a smile plastered on his face. It didn’t matter that they were basically squabbling back and forth aimlessly, she could hear him, and he could hear her, which was all that mattered.

‘You’re already deaf.’

‘Yah!’

‘Am I not right? I’ve told you a million times that you’re the only namja I care about, so there is no need to gripe and whine.’ As she replied, he turned to nod his head in blind acknowledgement to a crewmember that was asking him a question he didn’t even really hear. With his head turned, Min Ho walked straight into the sliding door of the arrival gate. Aigoo~ ‘And yet you still want to keep me locked away from all other namjas, wearing raggy clothes!’

Undeterred, his smile only grew wider as he continued walking forward, ‘I’m the only namja you care about? Your Oppa and Appa tossed out the window? Did I really captivate your heart so?’

‘Aisssh! I meant…the only namja that isn’t related to me…!’

Loud cheering and screams began to fill the arrival hall of the airport as he was quickly ushered past the crowds by the airport security.

‘Should I call back later, Oppa?’

‘Ani. I’ve got my earphones on, keep talking. If we put the phone down, I don’t know how I’ll continue living.’

‘Har har har. Greasy lines doesn’t suit you.’
 

[12 February 2014]

‘Andwe!’

‘Oppa! I have to go! Your opinion doesn’t count here.’

‘Andwe! The minute we put the phone down, you’ll be free to gallivant with that man.’

Shin Hye chuckled at the absurdity of Min Ho’s behaviour—unwilling to mention Geun Suk’s name, and unwilling to let her continue with her photo shoot—‘Oppa, there’s thirty odd crewmembers here for the CF filming, Geun Suk Oppa and I will not be going anywhere.’

‘Andwe! I haven’t seen you in 2-weeks now, I deserve more phone time! This dude is your CF co-star, he doesn’t deserve to stand next to you!’

She sighed, it was true, since the dating rumours broke, Min Ho hadn’t stepped a foot into her home, and hers into his. In other words, they hadn’t been together, physically, for two whole weeks! There were a few times when she felt her resolve break, but Jun Oppa was always there to remind her of the dangers:

Dispatch is already on your tail. Think carefully.’ Was his most recent warning.

‘I’ll call you as soon as I’m in the van, on the way back to the hotel, oh?’ Shin Hye said to the sulking boyfriend.

Min Ho grumbled audibly before agreeing reluctantly, ‘Fart, burp, dig your nose…gross him out.’

Shin Hye tittered as she ended the call. Her heart felt heavy, but he always found a way to put a smile on her face.

Manager Jun poked his head into the changing room, ‘Are you ready? Geun Suk is already waiting on set.’ He didn’t wait for her answer as he pulled his head out from between the doors and turned to talk to a crewmember behind him, letting the door swing shut again.

Shin Hye looked at her reflection in the mirror and wrinkled her nose, make-up really did wonders! She hadn’t been sleeping well for the past week, and the dark circles under her eyes had only gotten darker. If anyone saw her on the streets, barefaced, they’d probably reconsider her Hallyu status in a heartbeat. But right now, after two hours on the make-up chair, her lovely porcelain face looked fresh and radiant, evidence of her lack of sleep erased. She gave her hair one final pat before exiting the dressing room.

 ~.~

‘Yah! Hajima! It took forever for Ha Eun Unnie to get my hair to stay in place!’ Shin Hye said, waving away his intrusive hand.

The room buzzed around them as crewmembers prepared for the shooting on the second set. Shin Hye and Geun Suk had already changed into their second set of costumes, and were now waiting together by the snack counter.


‘Tch! Look what 5-years of rising status had done to you! You won’t even let an old friend ruffle your hair!’ He bent forward and bowed slightly, ‘I’m sorry Your Majesty, this lowly, Pretty Boy is not worthy.’

Shin Hye tilted her head back and roared with laughter at his clever reference to their recent dramas, ‘Yah! I’m doing you a favour! If one strand is out of place, Ha Eun Unnie will want your head on a golden platter!’

He observed the laughing girl before him in quiet contemplation. Due to their clashing schedules, he hadn’t been able to meet up with her as often as he would’ve liked, and now the once shy, tomboyish 20-year old had transformed into a graceful, gorgeous 25-year old. ‘You’ve changed.’ When she looked at him curiously, he was quick to clarify, ‘For the better, of course.’

Thoughtfully, Shin Hye replied, ‘That’s what maturation does to people, Oppa.’

‘By the way, thank you for suggesting me.’ Shin Hye said when Geun Suk offered nothing more than a pensive, ‘Mmmm,’

Geun Suk snickered, ‘Yah! Why’re you being so polite?’

‘Just say, You’re Welcome!’

‘It’s always nice to have a pretty co-star.’ Geun Suk offered instead, before taking a large gulp of water from his cup.

‘Tch! Keep suggesting me, and people are going to talk.’

‘They’re already talking.’ He said matter-of-factly, stuffing a slice of watermelon into his mouth. Due to their long history, there was no need for gentlemanly pretences in front of Shin Hye.

‘Mwo?! I thought news of Us died down after they hooked you up with Yoona!’

‘But she’s off the dating market now, and before you ask about Moon Geun Young, she’s also off the dating market—meaning my true love, may in fact, be You.’

Shin Hye choked on a slice of pear at Geun Suk’s last words, ‘Wha—?’

‘Yeah, but you and Min Ho are embroiled in a secret love affair, and I’m merely the third party.’

Shin Hye sputtered the water she had downed to wash the pear down, out, ‘Yah! Oppa!’

‘Wae-yo? I’m just telling you what the gossip mills are saying.’ He peered at her with laughing his eyes, ‘Or are you afraid that you’ll have some explaining to do later?’

‘Mwo?’

Instead of answering, Geun Suk reached up and dabbed a napkin at the corners of , ‘You missed a spot.’  

She snatched the napkin away, and dabbed at furiously until her hands came to a startling halt, ‘Wait—what do you mean, “Or are you afraid that you’ll have some explaining to do later?”…Explain!’

In true Geun Suk fashion, he walked away whistling, leaving the flustered Shin Hye hanging.

~.~

 

[16 February 2014, 2130]

‘I’m sorry, Oppa, I have to take this call, be right back.’ Shin Hye said to her joking Oppas, Hee Chul and Hong Ki, ‘Go ahead and finish the cake!’

To her back, Hong Ki called out, ‘Andwe! You’re trying to make us grow fat! I will not fall for it! Do you know how long it took me to get into shape for Madly’s release?!’

Shin Hye smirked to herself as she walked into the empty room and shut the door behind her. She tapped the Answer button and lifted the phone to her ear, ‘Oppa, wae?’

Through the line came Min Ho’s response in mock sarcasm, ‘She remembers me!’

‘Aisssh! Are you still sulking over the fact that I refused to let you come to my birthday party?’

‘I saw the Instagram pictures! Why’re their arms around you? Why’re the all guys? Where are the girls? Why are they sitting so close? Who else is there? I’ll text them immediately that you’ve got a terrible, contagious rash.’

‘Yah! Oppa! Don’t you have anything else better to do?’

‘What else do you expect me to do? My girlfriend’s birthday party has 98% of the male KEntertainment-verse in attendance, boyfriend not included.’

‘You’re exaggerating.’

‘Hee Chul is a big character, he is one man, but he is threatening enough. He makes up 55% of the Kpop industry.’

Shin Hye couldn’t help but giggling, she should probably be annoyed, given that Min Ho had been harping about his non-attendance for days now, but his child-like behaviour only seemed to tickled her further, ‘Where are you getting your statistics from? Really, 55%?’

Super Junior members are legends! They’re indestructible! Why do you think they’re called Super? Hee Chul is one-twelfth of the Super!’

‘He’s also thirty-years old!’

‘A man in his prime! Even more threatening! I need to get you a chastity belt!’

‘Yah! What are you trying to insinuate? That I’ll just simply give myself—’

‘I trust you. I don’t trust other men.’

‘You’re a man.’

‘I’m different. Didn’t you hear? My heart is pure! I see only you!’

That was all it took, Shin Hye howled with laughter—she could see Min Ho’s resemblance to Kim Tan in many ways, but having him purposefully draw reference from Kim Tan’s cheesy lines was just too much, ‘Yah! You need to be a little more original!’

‘I am the original Kim Tan. Didn’t you know? Kim Eun Suk modelled Kim Tan after me!’

Rap! Rap! Rap!Yah! Shin Hye! Who’re you talking to for so long? Do you need us to come in and save you?’

It was Hee Chul’s voice.

‘Aisssh! He’s already one-twelfth Super, can’t he leave my yeoja alone?’ Min Ho muttered into the phone as Shin Hye hollered back a response, ‘Just another minute, Oppa!’

Don’t worry, the party’s doing fine without the birthday girl!’

‘Good, then she can continue talking to me.’ Min Ho said into the phone, speaking as if his doing so will result in Hee Chul hearing him, ‘You see her far too often. Once a year is enough.’

‘Oppa, I really must ask, how did your ex-girlfriends maintain a social life when they were with you?’

She could hear the mischief in his voice when the replied, ‘Why do they need a social life when they have me?’

Just as she opened to reply, he cut in, ‘I miss you…’ His voice was soft and tender.

Shin Hye felt her belly flop. Three months into the relationship and he still had the ability to make her feel the exact same way as she had when they first began. Perhaps the constant distance contributed a little, she didn’t know, but she was certain about one thing, ‘I miss you too…’

‘Says the girl who won’t let me attend her birthday party.’

‘Oppa, you’re a real mood killer you know that?’

~.~

 

[18 February 2014, 2230]

Shin Hye heard a male voice exclaiming in agony from outside her room. Quickly, she pulled the towel down and away from her damp hair, and tossed it onto her bed. She wasn’t expecting anyone—she had just come back from her birthday dinner with her family not too long ago, and Jun Oppa had told her that he’d be uncontactable for the night. Aside from her family and Jun Oppa, nobody else knew her passcode.

Great. I turn 25 and I get robbed.

She picked up a glass mason jar from her study table, took in a deep breath and yanked her room door open. Bongji and Norri bounded out of the room, and she could hear the sound of the bell that was attached to their collars disappear down the hallway.

Shhhh!’ She heard the intruder say to her two, very harmless dogs.

Shin Hye began tippy toeing down the hallway, carefully feeling the wall with her left hand. The house was dark with exception for the streetlights flowing in through the windows, helping her to see a little in the darkness. When she finally reached the end of her hallway, she peered around the corner and saw a tall, dark figure standing in the middle of her living area, two dogs in hand.

Those dogs are absolutely useless when it comes to protecting the house against intruders!

She squinted her eyes and watched as the intruder set Bongji and Norri onto the sofa, before standing to full height and scratching his head.

What is he…she doing?! Definitely a he. Look at those broad shoulders…Doesn’t seem like he knows what’s he’s doing.

How should she approach the intruder without notifying him of her presence? Should she just knock him on the head with the glass jar? Should she throw it? No…that’ll probably end up injuring Bongji and Norri too…but if she knocked it over his head, the broken shards’ll also hurt them. Ottoke?

‘You have five seconds to leave before I call the police! Please leave.’ Shin Hye called out instead.

Really? You have five seconds to leave? Please leave? What are you thinking? You think being polite’ll cut it?

She couldn’t hear clearly, but she was pretty sure she heard him cursing under his breath, as he slowly felt his way around the couch, closer to her. She in a large breath and lifted the glass jar over her head, ready to strike. His movement towards her meant she could easily knock him over with the jar without worrying about injuring Bongji and Norri, ‘Don’t come closer! I’m warning you!’

Before true panic could set in, the lights flickered on. It took awhile for her eyes to adjust to the light, but when she did, she quickly lowered the glass jar, ‘Yah! You scared me!’

The pseudo-intruder simply walked over, and pulled the mason jar out of hands, and gently placed it on a nearby shelf, ‘My life nearly ended, apparently.’ Before Shin Hye could get two words in, he pulled her into a tight embrace, ‘Saengil Chuka Hamnida, Shin Hye-ah.’

Shin Hye smiled into his shirt as she let her hands encircle his waist, It’s been awhile.

They stood like that for several long seconds, warm bodies pressed against each other, neither daring to make a move. She could feel his warm breath on her nape, and she could smell the strong scent of his aftershave. Shin Hye nuzzled him slightly, glad that he was finally here, in person.

He managed a very throaty chuckle as he pulled away slightly, ‘You shouldn’t do that.’ He said through gritted teeth, his eyes fixated on the slight curve of her lips, ‘I caught you at a bad time.’ His gaze shifted upwards and landed on a set of very confused eyes, ‘If I really were a burglar, I wouldn’t have let you go if I saw you in this.’ He picked at the silky material of her bathrobe, and tugged on it, ‘At least you knotted it.’

Shin Hye peeked down at herself, in her frantic race to deal with the pseudo-intruder, she had failed to realize that she was showing more than she intended. Although the silky blue ribbon was tied securely around her waist, ensuring that the bathrobe wouldn’t fall open, it was extremely slanted such that most of her left thigh was being shown. Furthermore, much to her horror, the top was cut into a sharp V, displaying much of her porcelain white skin.

Shin Hye hurriedly tried to detangle herself from him, but he only tightened his grip, his eyes dark pools of desire, ‘Oppa…’ Her voice came out like a whisper, ‘I should proba—’

His mouth swooped down and covered hers, his tongue searching, his hands sliding down from her upper back to the small of her back. His touch…his lips were soft but insistent. When he leaned into her, she found herself taking small backwards steps until her back hit the cold, hard wall. Even so, his mouth never left hers. Their tongues continued dancing as his hands began working it’s way from the small of her hips, and up around her waist. He caught a hold of her arms and drew it up and together, pinning them above her head. Catching him in his moment distraction, she caught his tongue and began ling on it slightly, causing him to groan inwardly.

Mint and orange.

Shin Hye 1. Min Ho 0.

She felt him shift her hands into his left hand as his right hand began travelling down her neck to the base of . Simultaneously, he caught a hold of her bottom lip with his teeth and nibbled on it lightly, leading her to take a sharp intake of breath. From the movement of his lips against her skin, she could feel him smiling to himself, Rascal!

1 all.

His mouth found her left ear and he inched his head back slightly and let his warm breath tickle her ear. Before she could protest, he caught the soft lobe of her ear between his lips and teased it with the coolness of his tongue. Tingles began to spread all over her body. She had expected the usual ticklish feelings she got whenever someone touched her ears, but instead, all she felt was absolute pleasure. As he continued his sensual assault on her ear, his right hand was gently massaging the base of .

Should stop…should…get…can’t-can’t…focus…

His mouth began travelling down, and finally stopping at the base of the throat. A shiver went down her spine as she breathed out languorously, ‘Oppa… His right hand danced over her collarbone and travelled further down to outline the periphery of her bathrobe neckline. Where his right hand touched, kisses followed.

How does one…feel…like…butter…and fire…all…Gasp! at…once?

When at last when her legs felt like it was about to give way, Min Ho released her and took a large step back, ‘Min Ho 2. Shin Hye 1.’ Despite his steady tone, his voice was gruff, his breath ragged, his eyes heavy-lidden, and his hands shaking.

Shin Hye took a large gulp of air, and tried to calm her nerves. Her body was still tingling from his touch, and it didn’t help that he was still looking at her like a hungry lion, ‘Ah…that was quite…a…ah…greeting.’

Min Ho smiled wryly, ‘I wasn’t expecting you to be clad in blue silk.’ His eyes ran down the length of her in obvious appreciation, ‘Not that I’m complaining.’

Reminded of her current state of undress…well, lack of dress, Shin Hye felt her cheeks heating up further, ‘I should go…get dressed.’ She tried to sidestep him, but he caught her wrist and dragged her towards the kitchen instead. ‘Oppa! Hajima! Let me change first!’

Stubbornly he shook his head, his grip on her wrist only tightening, ‘Andwe. I like you dressed this way.’

‘Yah! Byeontae! Let me change!’

‘Later!’

‘Wae-yo? Oppa! Je bal! I need to get dr—’

Her words ended abruptly as soon as they entered the kitchen.

Her kitchen was bathed in the warm glow of the twinkling fairy lights. The candle lit kitchen bar held an assortment of fruits and fluffy white marshmallows, which surrounded a medium-sized white pot of chocolate liquid. To the end of the table laid two, mint-coloured gift boxes, a drizzle of flowers circling them.

‘When did you do all this?’

‘You took a long shower.’ When she didn’t respond, he broke the silence, ‘I know you had dinner already, so I only planned for dessert.’

‘Have you eaten?’

‘Yes, I have.’ He his lips and winked, ‘I had more than just dinner.’

She felt heat rising to her cheeks again as she took a definite step away from him, and towards the beautiful setting, ‘Oppa, I don’t normally fall for such mushy gestures, but for you, I’ll make an exception. This is really beautiful!’

She must’ve missed him shifting while she was taking in the beautiful setting because before she knew it, she felt two strong arms encircling her waist from behind, ‘Most girls break into thankful tears, and thank their men with amorous kisses.’ He planted a light peck on her cheek and then leaned his chin on her shoulder, ‘But you’re not like most girls. So I forgive you.’

They stood like that for a while before he released her and led her to a barstool. He sat her down and then took the seat facing her. With a silver fork, he dipped a nicely sliced banana into the chocolate pool, and then brought it to , ‘Ahh!’

Feeling a little self-conscious, she tried to take the fork away from him, but he was quick to move the fork away, insistent on feeding her. Finally, with eyes locked on his, she opened wide enough for him to slip the slice of chocolate-coated banana into .

As she chewed, he fed himself a chocolate-coated kiwi, ‘I know dark chocolate is healthier, but in my opinion, hazelnut chocolate tastes better for chocolate fondue.’

She her lips to demonstrate her agreement, ‘It really does. All this while I’ve been having it with milk chocolate…but hazelnut is really better!’

Abruptly he set the fork down, ‘Yah! Who have you been having romantic chocolate fondues with?’

She couldn’t really see his facial expression clearly due to the dim lighting, but from his tone, she could tell he was back to his childish jealousy, ‘Aisssh! I mention I that I have had chocolate fondue before and you quickly assume it must’ve been shared with someone else!’

Casually he picked the discarded fork back up again, poking at another kiwi, ‘Am I the only one then?’ He dipped it into the chocolate sauce, and brought the fork up to her lips once more.

‘Why did you only prepare one fork?’

‘Cause I’m going to feed you.’ He nudged her lips with the chocolate-coated kiwi, consequently smearing chocolate onto her lips. Before she could scold him from doing so, he leaned over and the chocolate right off of her lips. ‘Mmmm…everything tastes better when it comes from you.’ He said as he pulled away.

‘I’m beginning to think that you didn’t come here to spend my birthday wi—’

He had shoved the chocolate-coated kiwi into .

‘I came here to make your 25th birthday memorable, hence this beautifully decorated kitchen. But I might as well make up for the three-odd weeks I haven’t seen you too.’

With full, Shin Hye simply rolled her eyes in response.

‘Don’t pretend that you don’t enjoy it.’ He placed the fork down, and picked up a juicy, red strawberry by it’s stalk.

‘Don’t get too cocky.’

He swirled the strawberry in the pool of chocolate, and brought it to her lips, his eyes glistening with mischief, ‘Who? Me?’ Their eyes met as she took a slow bite out of the strawberry, leaving the other half untouched. ‘Never.’

The sweet-sour taste of the strawberry was beautifully complimented by the absolute sweetness of the hazelnut chocolate, motivating her to finish off the half eaten strawberry that was still in front of her. Just as she opened to grab the strawberry, Min Ho withdrew his hand, and leisurely bit off what remained of the chocolate-coated strawberry.

‘Aissssh!’

‘Guess what interesting things I came across when I researched on what to do for this special day.’ He said conversationally, ignoring her glowering face.

Not bothering to wait for him, she picked up the fork he discarded earlier, and got herself another chocolate-coated banana slice, ‘Do I want to know?’

‘Well first, feeding your significant other chocolate-coated strawberries is very sensual.’

She choked.

‘Secondly, dim lighting makes it even more sensual.’

Uncontrollable coughing ensued.

‘Thirdly, it was suggested that we use the remaining chocolate to—’

In between coughs, Shin Hye managed to choke out, ‘Hajima!—Don’t say it!’

‘…remaining chocolate to coat our bodi—’

Hurriedly, Shin Hye clamped her hand across his mouth. Calmly, his hands reached out and encircled her hand, and it turned over, brought back to his lips, holding her gaze, and flicked his tongue across her wrist.

Pull your hand back….pull….your….ha—

His mouth went on to ling gently on fingers, his eyes never leaving hers. Shin Hye could feel her pulse beginning to quicken again, and it hadn’t been too long since she managed to calm herself. She silently cursed him under her breath, to which his eyes dared her to stop him, but there wasn’t a single bone in her body that wanted him to stop.

Leaving his seat, he joined her on her side of the kitchen bar, his lips tracing her arm upwards. Not that it mattered; but Shin Hye consciously pulled the edge of her bathrobe down, and over her knees with her free hand as Min Ho worked his way up her arm, to her collarbone, up her neck, past her ear, and finally, to her lips.

Before letting herself finally free fall, she heard her raspy voice say, ‘How many times are you going to do this?’

‘Twenty-five.’ And his mouth covered her waiting lips once more. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

Author's Note:

Haha, I don't know~

To be honest, I wasn't sure how to continue after the last chapter.
But I gave it a shot.
Admittedly, I'm not too great with coming up with original, big, romantic gestures. Heh.
And I would've liked to have these two enage in some sporty activities (In line with Shin Hye's character)
But it didn't seem like something either one of them they'd risk, since it'd require them to go out in public, and risk
being recognized.
Soooo, once again, our beloved couple's homebound.

I hope this made y'smile either way.
Thank you for reading :)