We Fight We Make Up

The Pleasure of Your Company

[A few months later…]

 

Min Ho clicked the cool silver of his phone for the 20th time in the last minute and growled, ‘How long are you going to ignore me?’ If only smiling images could talk.

Manager Han sat crossed legged on the dressing room sofa, peering up at the sulking 27-year old, Hallyu star from his morning newspaper. What a er, he thought, smirking to himself. Never in the 9-odd years that he’d been with Min Ho, had he ever seen him like this. That girl has him wrapped around her finger and he doesn’t even know it.

It’s been 9-days since they last spoke. She hadn’t picked up any of his calls or answered any of his texts. Their daily greetings were merely one-sided texts on his end, mostly beginning with an apology, followed by an affectionate greeting:

Shin Hye-ah! Mianhae! Can we talk? I’ll come over. Anyway, good morning, I miss you; Yah! Aren’t you afraid I’m going to go off with someone else? Shin Hye-ah, talk to me. I’m sorry. It’s a sunny day today; If you stay angry for much longer, you’re going to get very ugly frown lines. Sleep well, my best dear.

If not for the ever-so reliable social media, there’d be no way for him to ascertain that his girlfriend was still alive. It’s in times like these, that having a celebrity girlfriend has its benefits. Though, that being said, the cons still outweigh the pros.

He was going out of his mind. They could not afford to fight! Being such busy individuals meant that they had to spend whatever free time either of them could afford together, on good and joyful terms, preferably. He had landed in Seoul yesterday, after being away for a week, and had wanted to see her pronto. But he knew he could not as this was the time of the month when Shin Hye bunked with her parents when she wasn’t travelling. While Papa and Mama Park were very accommodating, he was not yet ready to drag them into his and Shin Hye’s lovers spat. So he had decided to wait it out, possibly catching her today when she returned back to her place. Thing was, he wasn’t certain if she would even be there, and Manager Jun wasn’t picking up his calls either, probably at Shin Hye’s request.

‘Hyung, has Manager Jun called you back yet?’

Manage Han looked up from his newspaper albeit grudgingly, ‘For the thousandth time, he has not.’

‘Are you sure? Perhaps your battery’s dead. Do you have network connection? Did you miss it?’

‘Did it ever occur to you that perhaps, Shin Hye also instructed him not to answer my calls too? That girl is smart, you know.’ Under his breath he muttered, ‘Unlike someone.’

‘Yah! I heard that!’ Min Ho retorted, ‘I didn’t think she’d go that far!’

‘What did you two even fight about?’

Min Ho quickly looked away, clearing his throat, ‘Nothing much.’

‘Doesn’t seem like nothing much. You’re done pretty stupid things, but she’s never gotten this peeved.’

Min Ho ignored the older man’s words and clicked the cool silver button once more, and placed his thumb on the black home button, unlocking his screen. He quickly refreshed her SNS page, hoping for an update, hinting her whereabouts.

From the other side of the room, Han Hyung offered a few more words, ‘If you’re so desperate, why don’t you just go over and invite yourself into her house like you used to?’

‘She doesn’t like it when I do that.’ Min Ho responded despondently, ‘I’m afraid if I do, it’ll only make matters worse.’

‘Well, it’s the only way to get her to talk to you. She’s a reasonable girl. If she had wanted space, she would’ve told you.’

Min Ho pursed his lips and considered his Hyung’s words thoughtfully. The man had a point. Had she wanted to be alone, she would’ve made it very clear.

‘Am I free for the rest of the day?’

‘Ne. Your next schedule is tomorrow afternoon, 1530.’

‘Then I’ll get going now.’

‘Where are you going?’

‘I’m following your advice.’

As Min Ho exited the room, Manager Han grumbled to himself, ‘This, he listens to me.’

~.~

 

The door clicked open and he stepped into the house, careful to close the door as quietly as possible. The house was dark, but that wasn’t a sure indication as to whether she was home or not. He quietly removed his shoes, and placed it into the cubby left empty for him and padded his way towards her bedroom.

The chimes of Bongji and Nori’s dog collars were nowhere to be heard, thus indicating that they were with her in the room, or at the parents house.

He stood outside her door, and took in a deep breath. He wasn’t sure if upon opening this door, he’d be opening a sleeping dragon, but he was willing to take the risk, because her silence was deafening.

Min Ho turned the door handle slightly and pushed it open, on the bed laid the reason he had not been able to get a good nights rest in days. He pushed his way past the door, and walked over to her bed. The late morning light seeped in through the curtains and it lit the room up just enough for him to see her angelic face. He smiled to himself, he had missed her. He had missed her so much. He reached out and pushed a loose tendril behind her ear, and leaned forward to kiss her forehead.

The warm touch of his lips caused Shin Hye to stir in her sleep, and she opened her eyes to find a face she had not seen in over a week, staring back at her. Quickly she shot up, hardening her gaze, ‘What are you doing here?’

‘I want to talk.’

‘If I had wanted to talk, I would’ve responded to your texts and calls.’ She replied, coolly.

He had walked in here expecting this, but now that he was here, receiving it directly, he began to feel his anger flare up. He had come, wanting to put the last week behind them, but it appears that she was still fixated on useless anger, ‘Hello, to you too.’

‘Oh please, don’t patronize me.’ Shin Hye got out of bed and walked past him and into the hallway. If they were going to fight, she preferred if it wasn’t in her bedroom.

He followed after her, hands deep in his pockets, ‘I wasn’t sure if you’d be here.’ He made a feeble attempt at making conversation.

‘Oppa brought some of his friends over, it was too noisy. I wanted some peace.’ Came her sharp reply. They stopped in the living room as she turned to face him, arms folded.

‘You’re still angry.’ It wasn’t a question. It was his astute observation.

‘I cannot phantom why.’ Her gaze was intense, glowing coals.

He pulled one hand out of his pocket and ran it through his floppy locks in frustration. What did she expect him to do?

 

[9 days earlier]

His face darkened and he began to feel the muscle in his face twitching, but still he made no move to mention is discomfort as he watched her animatedly rave about her participation in the upcoming drama, Pinocchio.

‘I think part of the charm is that the male lead isn’t your usual—Yah! Are you listening?’

Not in a particularly accommodating mood, Min Ho simply offered a grunt.

‘What’s the matter? Your face darkened all of a sudden.’

‘Nothing’s the matter.’ He knew he was being unreasonable.

‘Something is definitely the matter.’ She set her wine glass down and reached out for his hand, which he left clenched, ‘It’s not nothing.’

It wasn’t fair of him, she had every right and yet, what he felt gnawed at him and brought out the uglier side of him, the side that he knew she didn’t particularly like, ‘Just ignore it.’

‘I wish I could, but the way you look now, something tells me you’re not going to let it rest, and if you’re going to look like death the rest of the night, I think I deserve to know why.’

He removed his hand from hers; tucking it underneath his other arm, ‘Can you back out of the drama?’ He bit out.

He saw a look of confusion flicker across her angelic face before her brows began to furrow, ‘What?’ The realization of what he meant made her physically recoil, ‘What are you trying to say?’ She knew what he was trying to say. But she wanted him to say it, just in case she misunderstood.

‘Do you have to do this drama? There are other dramas. Why does it have to be this one?’

‘It’s about Lee Jong Suk isn’t it?’

‘I don’t like him.’

‘And? Should that affect my job opportunities?’

‘It’s not like it was your only opportunity, you had a plethora of other offers.’

‘Naturally, my agency and I chose the best.’

‘The best—was it because of the script or because he was in it?’

‘I don’t appreciate what you’re implying.’ Her gaze had turned icy cold, ‘We chose the script because we saw the most potential in it, not because some flower boy was considering the role, which by the way, I should probably mention, only signed on after I had agreed to take on the role.’

‘He likes you.’

Shin Hye took in a deep breath, consciously telling herself to maintain control, ‘I do not see how that should affect my job.’ She could feel her blood beginning to boil.

‘Come on! You know that he does! Everyone can see it. He made it clear during the Jambangee shoot, and it was clear as day during the SBS Awards Show!’

Coolly she responded, ‘I thought we’ve confronted your green streak. I thought we’ve settled it. I’ve told you repeatedly that you’re the only one I care about.’

‘Didn’t you say that you went into Heirs, adamant to keep your walls up? Look what happened.’

He saw her clench her teeth, ‘Why are you bringing that up?’

‘I’m just trying to point out to you that things happen…’

Shin Hye moved to stand, ‘I think you have issues to settle. Issues that I am unable to help you with.’ She picked up her glass and moved to the kitchen, ‘I thought you’d be happy for me, but it seems, it is not the case.’ She was really trying to keep her temper under control.

He had followed after her, his large frame blocking her from exiting the kitchen, ‘I just don’t trust him.’

With that, Shin Hye spun round to face him, ‘You know what it sounds like? It sounds like you don’t trust me either.’

Min Ho was stunned, they had fought before, but he had never seen such fire in her eyes. Their exchange had only been a short, few minutes, but it was clear to see that it had affected her as much as the news had affected him.

She didn’t wait for him to respond, ‘It is impossible to handle this green streak of yours. It was flattering at first, but now it’s just stifling! It doesn’t make any sense that you can gallivant and film scenes, but I have to be extra picky with my shows so that you feel comfortable. How can you even think it’s okay for me to compromise my job so your insecurities can lay at rest? This isn’t even a case of me partying my nights away at clubs, half-clad, with random men. This is about me and my job; my livelihood!’

‘I don’t see what you’re complaining about, I can easily provide for you.’ The minute he said that, he regretted it.

His words were like a slap to her face, and it showed, her eyes had narrowed into two sharp slits, and her face flushed red, ‘What?’

He quickly took a few steps towards her, ‘I’m sorry, that just came out. I didn’t mean that.’ but she had manoeuvred her way around him and out of the kitchen, picking up his belongings as she went.

‘I think you need to go.’ She said when she reached her front door, handing him his beanie and overcoat.

‘No, no, I’m not leaving till we sort this out.’ He tried to reach out for her again, but she sidestepped him.

‘No. It’d be best if you stayed away for now.’

‘I stepped out of line. I said that in anger. I’m sorry. Look, forget whatever I said tonight ok? I was an .’

She remained silent.

‘I’m sorry, okay?’ He ran a hand nervously through his hair. How did he mess up so badly? He should have just kept his mouth shut from the very start.

‘I don’t know what you were trying to achieve. Did you really think I’d willingly let the role go just because you were experiencing a bad case of jealousy and distrust? The fact that you even thought it…’

‘I know I stepped out of l—’

‘I think you should leave.’ She said again, cutting him off. Her face was hard set.

‘Why? You’re the one who said we have to talk things out and not leave things hanging.’

‘I’m doing this for our benefit.’ She opened the door ajar, picked up his shoes and handed it to him, ‘I don’t want to say things that I’ll regret.’

Min Ho sighed, but grudgingly took his shoes anyway. He’d never seen her like this, and he didn’t know how to handle the situation and her. He wanted so badly to take back what he had said, to erase the ugly 8-year old that came out earlier and just congratulate her instead.

She inched the door open wider, waiting for him to leave.

‘I’ll call you?’ He asked, trying to inquire if she was even intending to talk to him.

‘As you wish.’

And the door closed behind him.


Even as she stood there, back rigid, arms folded, eyes beady, dressed in a simple white, jersey dress, he wanted to kiss her. He missed her dammit, and no matter what has transpired between them, he still wanted her.

He had regretted what he had said, he even regretted wanting her to drop the job for his sake, but he couldn’t help containing the curling jealousy that fired up within him every time he pictured that guy and her together. He had never felt this way with Ming Young, but with Shin Hye, everything was different. He wanted to shout to the world that she was his, everything and all of her was his, and he wasn’t willing to share in the least.

‘I regretted what I said the second I said it, Shin Hye-ah. Believe me when I say this. Can’t you let it go?’

‘Ani.’ Her steely gaze was still set on him, her expression showed no signs of softening, in fact, it looked like it hardened.

‘Tell me what you want me to do, tell me what you want me to say, I’ll do it, I’ll say it! I just want to show you how sorry I am.’

Shin Hye’s lip curled.

He tried a different approach, ‘I saw the first reading pictures! It looked like a good first read. Do you remember our first The Heirs read?’

Shin Hye grunted.

Well, at least it’s something. ‘You wore this grey, baggy top, and even then I thought you were the prettiest thing I’ve ever laid eyes on.’

Shin Hye’s lips curled further.

Okay…she doesn’t like the sweet talking. ‘Chincha! I actually follow any and all Pinocchio news! I want to support my girlfriend in her latest and all her endeavours!’ Shin Hye’s left eyebrow lifted, and he hurried to continue, ‘The young girl who is playing the kid you could easily pass off as your younger self! They did an excellent job casting! And Jin Kyung Sunbae-nim does indeed look like your mother! I was very impressed.’

Finally, Shin Hye replied, but it was not what he had wanted to hear, ‘What of the male lead?’

Min Ho swallowed, hard. Yah! She’s deliberately doing this. I am an actor. I am a top hallyu actor, I can act. I can do this. Through his teeth he managed to spit out, ‘I couldn’t have picked a better actor to play the male lead.’ Albeit all too unconvincing.

‘Chamna, you can’t even tell a convincing lie.’ Shin Hye snorted in reply, uncrossing her arms and placing her hands on her hips.

Her voluptuous, womanly hips.

Hips that he had caressed and kissed.

His lips suddenly felt parched, and his heart racing a little too quickly, God this woman drove him crazy. She messed with his emotions and his wits, and he just couldn’t maintain his cool around her.

Screw the argument, they had years ahead of them to sort it out. He wanted her now.

He stalked over to her purposefully, filling to remaining gaps between them. As he did so, Shin Hye found herself backed into her living room wall, with nowhere to turn. His arms curled around her waist before she could push him away, ‘Yah! What are you doing?’

He leaned in to kiss her, but she turned her head away, ‘Lee Min Ho! You think too highly of yourself. You think you can grab me by the waist, kiss me senseless and I’ll just melt in your arms?’ Her anger hadn’t subsided, in fact, it was building, ‘You can’t just have me anytime you want, anywhere.’ She tried to pry his hands off her waist, but his grip merely tightened.

Min Ho grinned, ‘But I have had you.’ His hands travelled up her back and pulled her nearer, ‘You have melted in my arms.’ He inched his face closer, lowering his voice to a whisper, ‘In a myriad of places too. You haven’t forgotten have you?’

Shin Hye’s cheeks burned crimson red, at this point she wasn’t sure if it was anger or embarrassment. She had melted in his arms, he had taken her too many times to count, in his arms, against a door, on his dining table, on his bed, in his kitchen…

She cleared and once more, tried to push him off, ‘I remember. However, now is not one of those days. I can help myself.’

Min Ho lowered his head further, allowing his warm breaths to caress her neck, ‘That’s too bad.’ A warm tongue tickled the base of , and her breathing became ragged, ‘Because I can’t.’ He stopped and raised his face to look her square in the eyes.

In place of his earlier annoyed and/or frustrated look, it was now replaced with a look of hunger. He wanted her. He wanted all of her. No words necessary.

Swiftly, Min Ho pinned her wrists against the wall, and kissed her, hard. She struggled, attempting to refuse his kisses…trying with all her might to ignore the fire burning within her. In a moment of negligence, she gasped just as he bit on her bottom lip, allowing him to dart his tongue in. The hand that held her right arm earlier, had s its away down her neck, and was now her spine.

. Shin Hye thought to herself. He knows my body.

Abruptly, he stopped his advances, and momentarily, Shin Hye fooled herself into thinking that her non-response had calmed the fire within him, but he had something else up his sleeve.

His lips travelled to the back of her ears and began working its magic.

He knows me far. too. Shin Hye worked hard to stifle a moan. Well.

He released her left hand, and traced his hand along the side of her left , and she could feel herself hardening instantly. Unconsciously her hand at reached out his waist and pulled him in closer, her body betraying her will.

Her resistance was futile. He was getting exactly what he wanted. He was going to have her. She didn’t want him too…but her body wanted the opposite. She was still mad at him, and she wasn’t going to let the issue go, but right now…right now, she was going to let her body have this. Her body needed it more…

At least that’s what she was going to let herself think as she finally kissed him back, hard. She felt him grinning against her lips, and although she couldn’t see, she could almost picture him with that y grin of his, and that was enough to break the last bit of her resolve.

She jumped into his arms, wrapping her legs around his waist, disentangling her mouths from his, with ragged breaths she whispered into his ear, ‘Make this good. Cause you owe me.’

Min Ho all but nearly groaned, ‘You’re going to be the death of me.’ And his mouth caught hers once more, hungrily devouring her. He walked over to the couch and fell back down with Shin Hye straddling him. She hurriedly ed his shirt, pulling it off without a second thought as he worked on ping his pants.

It wasn’t long before Shin Hye collapsed in a satisfied heap, limp from the ecstasy they shared.

She felt strangely serene. I guess that’s the magic of Make Up .

Min Ho was the first to break the silence, ‘Mianhae, Shin Hye-ah. I spoke out of turn, I really didn’t mean it. I’m in 100% support of this project and all your future other projects.’

Shin Hye lifted her head from his chest, and gaze down into his eyes, their warm, bodies still pressed against each other, ‘Even if my next project involves me working with Jung Yonghwa again?’

Min Ho’s gaze darkened, but he forced out a smile, ‘I’m always going to be jealous, I’m never going to let the idea of another man touching you, let alone kiss and hug you. If I could curb the feeling, I would, but I can’t. But I can promise you, I will always always always support you in everything you do, because I believe in you, and I love you.’

Shin Hye nuzzled her nose against his, ‘I love you too.’ Abruptly, she leaned back, 'Yah! Don't think everytime I'm angry at you, you can seduce me into forgiveness!'

In absolute slyness, Min Ho grinned, 'It wasn't so terrible was it? It's the best form of make up.'

Shin Hye's eyes slanted into slits as she crossed her arms, but all he could focus on was how it pushed up her full, round s. 

In an attempt to distract himself,  ‘Yah! Never do this to me again!’ Min Ho groused, ‘If you’re angry, shout at me, kick me, punch me, pinch me! But don’t ever ignore me! I couldn’t concentrate on anything!’

Shin Hye smirked, it was a torture for her as much as it was for him, but she wasn’t going to tell him that. He didn’t deserve to know, ‘You know the project you just said you’d support a 100%?’

‘Mmmmm?’

‘Well, there’s a lot more skinship scenes than The Heirs had. At least for the first few episodes.’  

Min Ho threw his head back and let out a long, deep groan.

Shin Hye giggled as she shifted herself above him, rousing the sleeping dragon, ‘Are you angry? Shall we take a tumble through the sheets again?’

Min Ho needed no invitation, he might take awhile to fully recover, but until then…

Shin Hye shrieked in surprise as he caught one of her full mounds between his mouth and…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wow. It's been so long since I updated, and yet, people are still subscribing to this FF. Mianhae. 
but, Thank You so much :)

Ok, so, I actually wrote the first 3/4 of this chapter eons ago, just shortly after the previous chapter, 
but failed to complete it. By the time I came back to it, I had already forgotten how I had envisioned the ending.
So alas! You've been gifted with yet another y chapter...and it's not even y Friday yet! 
In hindsight, (well, in my opinion at least), it's a nice little chapter to address Shin Hye's new project with LJS and how
it might (possibly) affect her relationship with Min Ho. I had originally intended to push this chapter out before Pinocchio
[side note: YAY! I'm so happy to have Shin Hye back on small screen again!!] aired, but hehe, clearly, I did not.
Buttttt because I did not, I was able to add in that nice little bit of Pinocchio skinship at the end of the chapter.
Yay?...Yay!

Anyhoos, I hope this chapter didn't disappoint. Especially after the incredibly long wait.
Till next time :]