A Present

The Pleasure of Your Company

‘If you’d just sign here…’ Min Ho took the clipboard in his hands and quickly scanned the page. It was addressed to Kim Tan...

‘I am Kim Tan and Kim Tan is me.’ Min Ho recited in his head, signing at the bottom, on the dotted line.

‘Thank You, Mr Kim.’ The mail courier said as he shifted the package back to his right hand to receive the clipboard back from Min Ho. ‘Have a great day!’ And he handed the medium-sized square parcel to Min Ho.

Min Ho watched him disappear into the lift, Hul! This boy obviously doesn’t watch much television. He stepped back into his apartment and shut the door.

‘Who was that?’ She asked, as soon as he walked through the living room arch. Sleeping Choco was perched on her lap. Her eyes caught sight of the parcel he held loosely in her hands, ‘A present?’

‘Probably…I wasn’t expecting anything.’ Min Ho answered, plopping down next to her on the couch, placing the parcel on the coffee table.

‘Aren’t you going to open it?’

Min Ho eyed at her, ‘I can do it later…I don’t want to waste our time.’ He tried tugging her over, ‘Now, come here.’ But she wouldn’t budge.

‘Don’t be silly! Open it! It’s not wasting our time!’ Shin Hye insisted, ‘Choco is sleeping. Don’t disturb him! Besides, what were we doing just now that was so important?’ She was referring to the fact that earlier on, just before the doorbell had rang, all three of them had fallen asleep on the couch. Shin Hye and Min Ho from exhaustion…Choco from pure, spoiled-celebrity-dog laziness.  

‘All he does is eat, sleep, and play!’ Min Ho bellyached, ‘He’s not going to die just because he lost a the chance to sleep on my girlfriends lap!’ He tried pulling her over again, ‘And that’s exactly why we cannot waste anymore time! You came over to spend sweet, quality time with meeeeee! But look how exhausted the both of us were from work! We wasted it by sleeping!’

Still Shin Hye resisted, ‘Hul! Are you complaining about your male dog now, just because you can’t complain about my friends?’ Shin Hye taunted, her big doe-eye became semi-saucers. ‘It was only a 30-minute nap! We needed it. What? Do you think couples don’t ever sleep when they’re together?’

Min Ho’s lip lifted a little, ‘They do other things.’

Piak! ‘Open the parcel!’

‘Yah! If you don’t like something, use your descriptive words!’ Min Ho grumbled, rubbing the sore spot, ‘You keep hitting the same spot! If I see a bruise, if I see any dents, I wi—’

‘What? What? What will you do?’ She looked down at Choco stirring from his sleep, ‘Aissssh! See what you did!’ Min Ho’s raised voice had woken Choco up.

‘Mwo? Yah! You were the one who hit me! You caused the pain!’

Choco hopped off Shin Hye’s lap, turned and seemed to look at Min Ho accusingly before hopping off the couch altogether. His bell signalling that he was headed to his own bed for a second nap.

‘Ungrateful pooch.’ Min Ho muttered under his breath as Shin Hye picked up the parcel. ‘Yah! What are you doing?’

‘Not wasting time! Because you’re incapacitated,’ She was referring to his “sore” arm, ‘I’ll help you open this.’ She proceeded to rip the brown paper, revealing a electric blue box underneath. An envelope dropped out as soon as Shin Hye had ripped all the brown wrapping paper away from the box. Shin Hye bent to pick the envelope, flipped it over and read, ‘Kim Tan’. She tossed it onto Min Ho’s lap, ‘You can open the card.’

Min Ho proceeded to grumble, even as he flipped the envelope over and pulled out the card. Simultaneously, Shin Hye had already opened the cover of the box and pulled out a beautiful, long, red, silky, scarf. She s the cool cloth around her right arm and looked at it with obvious befuddlement. Who was sending Min Ho expensive, red, silk?...Why did Min Ho need it? She tested the cloth on her skin, running the ends through her fingers. The feel of it seems more like it’s suited for a woman. She observed the length of the scarf, and grew even more puzzled, Why is it so long? It’s longer than any scarf I’ve ever seen!

Just then, Min Ho glanced up from the card with a somewhat uneasy expression, he looked first at the red silk in her hands, then at her, then at the red silk again. He chuckled first in amusement, then in uneasiness, and finally, he cleared his throat uncomfortably, tugged on one end of the red cloth, and in seconds, it came loose from Shin Hye’s arm, ‘Ahh…’ Was all he said.

She picked up the discarded card, the card that Min Ho tried so desperately to snatch back, but to no avail. She was curious now, What is it? What is this? Why does he look so tense? Yet, she didn’t want to overstep her boundaries, perhaps she shouldn’t have opened the parcel, after all. Earlier, she didn’t think it would’ve mattered. But now, judging by his strange expression, it would have best if she had left the parcel alone. ‘Mianhae, Oppa. Should I not read it?’ She asked, indicating to the card in her hand.

Min Ho seemed to have trouble coming up with the right response to her question, as his eyes darted back and forth between her and the red cloth. ‘No, go ahead…read it.’ He finally decided. His watching eyes never leaving hers. It would seem like he was waiting for her reaction.

On the front of the card was the word, ‘Congratulations’ scrawled in a fancy font, Perhaps it’s for his achievement recently…meeting the Prime Minister and all…Shin Hye flipped the card open and caught sight of the familiar, messy writing, Oh! I know this handwriting!Yah! Kim Tan! Treat her well!’ The first few words of the card read. This is someone who knows us…someone who he must’ve told about us recently!

After having told their parents about their exclusive relationship, Min Ho and herself had decided to go a step further; to trust, to hope, to believe a little more—So, together, they collated a list of close friends they wanted to share the good news with.

Enclosed is my blessing, my well wishes, and my sincere hope that the two of you last well into the future!’ Shin Hye smiled at these words. ‘Every relationship needs a little excitement ;)’ Shin Hye furrowed her brow, What is he talking about?And she needs to be kept home! ;P’ She was definitely confused. It started out so beautifully! What did the end mean? She quickly looked down to the signature, ‘Kim Bum’. Yah! Kim Bum! Why are you talking in riddles? She silently scolded. Finally, she looked back up, Min Ho was still watching her, a hint of amusement played on his lips. She glanced back at the red silk in his hands, recalling some words from the card, Blessing. Hope. Excitement. Kept home. Yah! How do all of that apply to the red cloth?!

‘What did Kim Bum mean?’ Shin Hye quizzed.

His raised eyebrows, widened eyes, and open mouth told her that he was surprised by his question.

‘What does it mean?’ She quizzed again.

‘You don’t understand?’ He scratched his eyebrow, ‘You frowned…I thought you…’

‘I frowned because I didn’t understand!’

Min Ho chortled nervously, waved his hand in a sweeping motion, ‘Ani! Ani!...He just meant it exactly as he wrote it!’ He swiftly balled the long, silky mass of red into his large hands, and stuffed it back into the box.

Shin Hye narrowed her eyes, Something tells me that he’s avoiding my question…Nevertheless, she didn’t want to push it. Perhaps another day, ‘It’s a very pretty scarf though…’ She added conversationally.

He coughed a little, quickly stood up, and tugged at the ends of his top, pulling it down further than it needed to go, ‘Do…do you want something to drink?’

Shin Hye rose to her feet and followed him to the kitchen, watching his shaking hands pour himself a glass of water. ‘Why did he get you a red scarf? Isn’t it a little too long for a scarf? Yah! How come I didn’t get anything?’ Shin Hye probed. I did let the matter of his card go, but I can ask about the scarf!

He set the glass of water down, after having gulped it down completely, ‘It’s not a “scarf”, Shin Hye.’ He said finally, the only proper answer he had given her about the entire parcel. ‘And it’s for us.’

She tilted her head slightly, ‘Then what is it?’

‘It’s Kim Bum.’ He answered conclusively before trying to change the subject, ‘Do you want to eat now? Or later?’

Fine. We’ll talk about it another time! ‘Should we send him a Thank You greeting?’

‘No, no…no…I’ll do it.’

His three No’s, seemed all too suspicious, but Shin Hye left it, for now, ‘Yea, I guess we could eat now.’

~.~


Min Ho frowned a little, peering in puzzlement at his bedroom door. Why was it open a jar? He usually kept his bedroom door closed so that Choco wouldn’t be able to go into it when he wasn’t home. Speaking of which…where is Choco?

Min Ho padded his way to his bedroom, pushing the door that was held slightly ajar completely open. Light flooded into his dark, bedroom, he squinted a little, Is that someone on my bed?

True enough, he caught a slight movement on his bed, Choco? No. It couldn’t be. Choco was too small to fill the bed that way…He took another wary step in. It was a woman. He was sure of it. Min Ho panicked a little, Was Shin Hye supposed to come over today? Did I forget? Is that even Shin Hye? If it’s not…Shin Hye is going to kill me! His eyes finally adjusted to the semi-darkness of his room, he stood at the foot of his bed and peered down at the sleeping creature…

‘Oppa?’ He heard her say.

‘Shin Hye?’

‘Ne.’

‘What are you doing here?’ How long have you been lying underneath my covers without me knowing?

‘You don’t remember?’

‘Remember what?’ Did I do something? Did I put her there? Min Ho scratched his head.

He caught sight of some movement by the head of his bed and he peered up. Low and behold, it seemed like her hands were somehow tangled or connected…or tied? Whatever it was, her hands were raised high above her head, to the bedpost.

She wriggled her hands a little, ‘My arms are tired, Oppa. Can you untie me now?’

‘Mwo?’

She moved underneath the covers a little, and Min Ho peered at the odd outline of the covers, something didn’t seem right. His itching hand tugged on the end of the bedspread, immediately revealing a less-than-dressed Shin Hye. In surprise, Shin Hye quickly clasped her ankles together as he watched her shudder, it must’ve been really warm under the blankets when compared to the cool air of his bedroom.

He nervously shoved his hands into his pockets, surveying the situation before him. She was every man’s fantasy. Dressed in a gorgeous electric-blue number, Shin Hye looked absolutely to die for. He recalled his sister talking about different swimming costume cuttings, and he was certain that the one Shin Hye was wearing now was probably the Tankini…but the lingerie version. His eyes travelled down to curled toes, and then back up slowly to her crossed ankles, smooth legs, flat torso, the two milky white mounds of flesh…her neck, her flushed face…her long, toned arms, her bound wrists. His eyes settled on the cloth that bound her wrists to the bedpost, the cloth that had kept his little minx in his bed, all this awhile…

He smiled, crawled onto the bed, and settled down beside her. He laid next to her, facing her, Cleopatra style. With his left hand, he reached out and the cool bits of the red, silky, cloth that held her hands together.

‘Cold…Oppa.’ She said languidly, looking up at him with those large, trusting doe-eyes.

He didn’t respond, instead, he ran his finger down from her hands past her arms, past her neck, past the lovely, ever so tempting mounds of flesh, and finally, settled on her waist. Gently, he began caressing her torso, as he began leaning in for a kiss. He could feel Goosebumps forming on her skin when he touched her.

Min Ho planted a peck on her lips, before he whispered against her ear, ‘You look beautiful.’ He nipped at her earlobe and he heard her gasp. His hand sneaked up and gently pulled her hair out of its ponytail, ‘I like your hair down.’ He slipped his fingers through her hair, the tresses before fanning it out on the pillow. Min Ho returned his hand to its earlier position. Under his skin, he could feel her skin heating up as she arched her body upwards.

Min Ho felt his belly flip, he felt a strong need…an urge building up inside of him. He drew in a long, ragged breath. He looked her over again, This is why she needs to be locked away…The long ends of the cloth dangled at her sides, and he picked up one end and began running it up and down her length, causing her to writhe against the bonds. Take your time.

Finally, he leaned in and kissed her proper. It didn’t take much coaxing, and soon their tongues were doing a familiar little dance. When his hand began massaging the base of , she let out a tiny little moan, ‘Min Ho…’ she breathed. He deepened the kiss, conveying his urgency, and feeling hers.

Suddenly, she inched her head back. Min Ho opened his mouth, ‘What’s wr—’

But latched back onto his again, this time, she was in charge. She may be the one bound to the bed, but she was definitely not letting that stop her. She nipped at his lower lip, taking it between her teeth, gently tugging.



Just then, he began feeling a strange lapping sensation...Wet. Gooey. Dripping. Min Ho stretched out his hands and gripped the source, lifting it off him, fluffy, fur…wait…wha--!?

Min Ho sat up with a start, causing the creature responsible for the sloppy, wet feeling he had on his face to topple over. He rubbed his eyes and looked around, surveying his surroundings. Where was Shin Hye? How did she escape? His eyes fell on the electric-blue box sitting on the coffee table, a hint of silky red spilling out. 

Blast the ritual that Il Woo started! First it was blindfolds when Il Woo found out about Park Min Young. In return, Min Ho and Kim Bum had sent body chocolate to Il Woo when they found out about his then-girlfriend. When it was Kim Bum's turn, Il Woo (and Min Ho) had sent a lifetimes supply of (that kind of) body paint to Kim Bum. Initially, with the blindfolds, Min Ho had taken it as a joke, laughed it off. Things never got too serious with Min Young for him. However, now...now things were different, and things were definitely serious with Shin Hye..and now...now he has a perfect set... 

He shut his eyes tight for a moment and groaned inwardly. That was too good to be true. ‘Thanks a lot.’ He said to Choco, who had comfortably settled down on the seat next to him as he swung his legs off the couch and stood up. He looked at the clock hanging on the wall, ‘0125

‘I need a cold shower…a very cold shower.’

~.~

 

[The Next Morning]

Shin Hye—Morning Oppa! Did you sleep well? ^^

Min Ho—Yah! What time did you leave? I don’t remember sending you off!

Shin Hye—About 12 midnight. We were watching the movie you suggested, but you fell asleep! You looked so tired, so I didn’t wake you. I tried moving you to your bed…but you’re too heavy!

Min Ho—Mianhae. I really wanted to spend every second with you. You should have woken me though! What if something had happened to you on the way back?

Shin Hye—But nothing happened. Did you sleep well? The couch couldn’t have been very comfortable for a whole nights sleep.

Min Ho—Aniya, I woke up sometime around 1am, thanks to Choco.

Shin Hye—Did you go back to sleep?

Min Ho—I had a cold shower…could barely go back to sleep.

Shin Hye—Wae?!

Min Ho—Because of Kim Bum.

Shin Hye—I don’t understand, Oppa. Did he call you for some HTHT?

Min Ho—He did something worse than that.

Shin Hye—What did he do?

Min Ho—He sent me a present.  
























Author's Note:

Heh. Do you want to clobber me? -sheepish grin-
I'm not sorry for leading you on! 

As I wrote this chapter, I began wondering: What goes through the minds of our lovely couple
should and if, they scrolled through the wondrous amounts of literature on them? 

Aite, I'll probably disappear for awhile now! Been procastinating far too much!
Thank youuuuu for reading, and I do hope you enjoyed it! :)