Sleepless in Seoul

The Pleasure of Your Company

Lying back on his bed, he flipped the scripts page and read the line; “Motivated by his possessiveness, Kim Tan grabs Cha Eun Sang’s left hand and pushes it away, while pushing her against the rooftop wall.  Kim Tan swoops in for a kiss.”

Lee Min Ho had read and reread those same few lines for the past few days. He knew working with Park Shin Hye in a “romantic comedy” would mean engaging in some “skinship”. However, he never expected that the thought of kissing her could still make him feel this way.

His heart would begin to race at the thought of it, and so would his thoughts. It’s a pretty forceful kiss, what if it turns her off? Bah! What does it matter if he turns her off? It’s Kim Tan and Cha Eun Sang. Ha! Who was he kidding? While it wasn’t exactly how he imagined their first kiss, it did not stop Min Ho from feeling like an excited schoolboy.

It reminded him of the Etude LED CF which he and Shin Hye worked together on. One of the scenes was initially scripted such that his character, so enamoured with her LED-lipstick clad lips that he smooched her. However, for some god-forbiden reason, the CF director decided it’d be better if she slyly rejected his characters kiss. Much to his dismay, of course. She was only 20 back then, but that did not stop him from noticing her, and while it was not love at first sight, he definitely found himself developing a little crush on her.

Over the past month, Shin Hye had been on his mind far too often. Initially, he could not figure out if it was him tapping into Kim Tan’s feelings for Cha Eun Sang or if it was his deeply buried feelings for the adorable 20-year old he met when they worked in a CF together back in 2009.

However, the scene where Eun Sang cried outside Mango Stix after Kim Tan’s love confession pretty much helped him figured out who Shin Hye was to him. Long after Kang PD had yelled, ‘Cut!’, and long after Min Ho had set Kim Tan down for the day, his heart was still aching at the thought of Shin Hye sobbing. She may have been sobbing as Cha Eun Sang, but there was no doubt that Shin Hye was channelling her own personal hurts into that scene. It made him wonder what happened in her past that could’ve produced such tears, and it also made him angry to think that someone could’ve hurt someone as sweet as Shin Hye.

Aisssshh! It’s 12 already! I have filming early tomorrow and I can’t sleep! I wonder what she thinks about filming the kiss scene tomorrow? Not that I can ask her…Min Ho threw the script onto the floor in frustration and flipped the lamp on his night stand off.