Devil Pt. 3

Face to Face (One shot series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The first victim’s identity has been confirmed. Her name is Kim Ahyoung.”

“Was anything found on her?”

 

“We have found no evidence on her.”

 

 

 

 

“Victim number two…”

 

“The victims will be identified as Kim, Choi, Lee…”

 

 

 

“The identities of these victims were just piling up. It was devastating to see their families break down when they found out where their own child was after weeks of being claimed missing. After weeks of hoping that they’d come home safe and sound.”

 

She relaxed her hand and leaned forward.

 

“Nothing on this guy came up…he was smart.”

 

-----------------

 

 

“At least they’re finding out who they are,” Henry said. Amber leaned into her chair.

“Most of the victims are all in their 20s’,” Amber said after a moment of silence.

 

“Are you saying he’s targeting a specific age range?”

 

“Well, think about it,” She said, “Were there any victims above the age 20?” Henry shook his head as he thought about what she said.

“Man…who the hell is this guy?”

 

She let out a deep sigh. “We’re going to find out soon enough…they can’t always hide.”

“Henry, they couldn’t even find out who the Zodiac Killer was.” The screen of her phone lit up.

 

“Hello?”

“Amber!”

 

“Oh, Minah.” A smile appeared on her lips.

“When are you coming home? I miss you.” Amber knew Minah was pouting on the other line.

 

“I’ll be there soon,” She said, “Be careful and I love you.”

“I love you too.” Minah kissed her phone multiple times before hanging up. Amber looked down at her phone with a smile stuck to her lips. She set her phone down and saw Henry smiling at her.

 

“What?” She asked.

“So, are you planning on marrying her or what?” He asked nonchalantly. Amber looked at him with wide eyes.

 

“Y-yeah, I do,” She said with a sheepish smile.

“Better make me the best man to your wedding,” Henry said sternly.

“Of course I will! Who else would be the best man?” Amber asked. Henry punched her arm playfully.

 

“No one would be able to match up to the skills of Henry,” He said proudly. She rolled her eyes at him.

 

“Sure Henry, whatever you want to think.”

 

 

 

There was a loud knock on their apartment door. Minah went over and opened it to see a young man standing there.

 

“Who are you?” Minah asked. “Ah, sorry for not introducing myself,” He said with a pleasant smile, “I’m a friend of Amber’s.”

“Oh, Amber isn’t in right now,” Minah said, “Do you need to tell her something or just wanted to drop by?”

“I needed to tell her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter