Ten

More Than The Eye's Meet

A few weeks passed by quickly and before I knew it there was snow on the ground. Me and Jina spent most of our time together during and after school. Especially after since we lived just one floor away from each other. 

I could easily say she was like my new best friend. 

But there were still times I would catch the sadess that crossed her features every now and then at random times. But I didn't bother to ask because I've figured out that unnie is the type to open up when she chooses. And I know she'll tell me eventually. 

Bambam appeared less and less and I was still contemplating how I could help him. But there was so much mystery revolving everything that I was feeling lost and unsure of where to even start.

To make matters even more strange, Mark would not leave me alone. 

He was always coming up to me and starting random conversations. I found it weird that he was being so nice and even Jina admitted that she found it odd.

"I say he likes you," Jina stated in a serious tone, but her smiling face made it seem like it would be a good thing if he did. "I honestly don't believe thats it," I said before taking a bite of my pizza.

Jina sighed," boys are confusing but I'm sure you'll find out sooner or later what he wants. Just tread carefully." I nodded to show I agreed to her words.

Someon set their tray down in front of us and we looked up simultaneously to see Mark standing in front of us. But he wasn't alone. Next to him stood Yugyeom. Or as Jina likes to say, Yugi. 

"Hey ladies. Mind if we join you?" Mark asked without even waiting for a reply as he sat down comfortably. I fought the urge to roll my eyes.

Yugyeom on the other hand walked around the table and sat down right next to Jina who was smiling happily. I still didn't fully understand their  relationship but one thing was obvious when it came to who had strong feelings.

I didn't bother to talk to Mark because it was starting to become somewhat of a routine for him to eat lunch with us a couple times during the week. And usually he would be the one to start a conversation.

"I'm throwing a party this Saturday and you're both coming," Mark spoke without looking up from his food. "No thank you," was my quick reply. I'd rather not attend such an event. Who knows what could happen.

Mark looked up from his food then and for once, he didn't have the fake smile plastered on his face. Instead his gaze was hard and somewhat scary. I was internally fighting the shivers that ran up and down my spine. "I wasn't asking," was his retort.

For awhile we glared at each other without saying anything. Yugyeom chuckled awkwardly to break the silence, "you both should come. Jina you'll come and bring Miyo, right?"

I broke eye contact with Mark to look at Jina. She looked torn between me and Yugyeom and I felt guilty. I sighed but nodded in agreement. 

Jina smiled and turned back around to answer Yugyeom, "sure we'll come but we won't stay long." Yugyoem agreed happily and they started to talk about something else while I played with my food.

"Whats the party for anyways?" I asked Mark without looking at him. To my surprise I felt two hands on each side of my face as my head was lifted up to look directly at Mark who had leaned across the table. "Look at me when you talk to me," he whispered softly in contrast to his eyes that were still hard.

I couldn't breath. Every single time he came around I felt as though I were being suffocated. 

Next to me I could sense that Jina and Yugyeom were watching us with how quiet it had gotten. Actually it seemed like the whole lunch room had gon quiet, but I couldn't tear my eyes away from Mark to see. 

"Mark," a very clear and deep voice sounded from behind Mark and the voice was very familiar to me although I couldn't place a name on the person at the moment.

Mark completely ignored the person, but I know he heard them because he finally blinked as if he just came out of a trance. "Mark." Again the voice called his name in a mored demanding tone. "What?" Mark asked in a very bored tone as he let go of my face and turned around. 

Jackson stood with a very fierce glare on his face that was directed straight to me. Once we made eye contact he smirked in what looked like a playful manner, but his next words came out sounding angry. "Who's your new ?" 

I was taken aback by what he said. Right next to me Bambam appeared, "I don't know what it is with you but you seem to bring out the worst in people."

Ignoring him, I just rolled my eyes and stood up to leave. "Sit down," Jackson demanded in a loud voice that attracted even more attention. I froze in place unsure of what to do. Seriously! What do these guys want from me?!

"Is that necessary?!" Jina asked as she stood up next to me and glared at Jackson and down to Mark who only stared at me as if waiting to see what I would do. "Of course it is princess," Jackson said in a teasing tone as he bowed slightly toward Jina who scoffed.

I thought the situation was bad but it was getting even worse as Bobby showed up."What the hell are you doing around my sister?" Bobby asked as he came to stand next to Jina. He caught sight of Yugyeom and he reached over to pull him up to his feet before shoving him a few feet away from Jina.

Mark stood up then as Jackson moved closer popping his knuckles. Hanbin, who I didn't notice before, chuckled behind me. "I wouldn't start anything I can't finish if I were you."

"To bad your not," Jackson smirked before running up to throw a punch at Hanbin. 

Everything moved quickly and before I knew it I was on the ground clutching my cheek as blood dribbled out of the corner of my mouth. Damn that hurt. 

"Miyo!" Jina yelled next to me as she leaned down and helped me up. "Yah! Micheosso?!" I've never seen Jina angry before now, and I don't think I ever want to be the one to make her.

I stood up but kept my eyes on the ground as I messaged my throbbing face. The whole right side of my face felt as if it were pulsating. 

Bambam tsked next to me as he lightly ran the back of his cold hand against my cheek. "You crazy stupid girl," were the only things he said as he followed me and Jina to the nurses station.

I glanced back to see all 5 boys watching us. Not including the rest of the students who were watching as well as recording the whole scene. 

Jackson caught my eye the most as he stood there with his left hand over his right fist. The guilt was obvious and for some odd reason, instead of feeling angry, I wanted to tell him it was okay. I wanted to go back, and tell him I forgive him.

 

Authors POV

The boys stood and watched as the girls walked away from them. Once they were out of sight Yugyeom turned around and yelled at everyone, "shows over people! Get back to whatever the you were doing."

Hanbin scoffed, "hitting girls now are we?" 

Jackson turned around and furiously smacked his hands on the table, "she came out of nowhere! I was aiming for your punk !" 

"Your aim must really then!" Hanbin yelled back in an equally scary voice. 

Jackson could feel his whole body shake in anger as he tried to control himself. He was feeling a whole bunch of different emotions within him. He didn't mean to, he would never want to, not purposely hurt her. He felt ashamed and that made him even more angry. At himself and at Miyo. What is this girl doing to me?!

Mark scoffed, "your talking but I didn't know you needed a girl to take hits for you now B.I." 

" you Tuan," was Bobby's reply as he stuck up for his family. Bobby pointed a single finger at Yugyeom, "if I catch you with my sister again I'll kill you."

Yugyeom only scoffed but otherwise didn't have a comeback. He cared about Jina to the point where he didn't want to disrespect one of the people she cared about most in this world. Even though he was an who was always trying to kick his .

"Lets get outta here B," Bobby grabbed Hanbin by his shoulder and pulled him away from the staring contest he was having with Jackson. 

Hanbin started to leave but paused and turned his head back around, "don't mess with her anymore." He didn't specify who he meant by "her", but both Mark and Jackson got the feeling he meant Miyo.