One

More Than The Eye's Meet

First day of school and instead of being late, I was extra early. I thought it would benefit me more if I came early and looked for my classes. 

My dad had enrolled me a week ago while I was still in Japan and I had only arrived three days ago. And since arriving I've had absolutely no time to check out the new school I'd be attending today. So coming early was my only chance to familiarize myself with the place.

I had a map dad had given me along with my schedule out in front of me as I wandered the halls looking for my classrooms. The school was big, no doubt, but it wasn't as confusing as I thought it would be. 

It helped that the halls went by a certain alphabet and number system, also I highlighted routes I could take to different classes. I tended to be very OCD when I went over certain details. 

A cold breeze ruffled my hair slightly and I froze in mid-step. The sensation was a familiar one because I've had it many times before. 

I don't remember when it started. All I do know is that when it began I didn't notice it till I started school and other kids would ridicule me for talking to myself in class. 

Only I wasn't talking to myself. 

My mother always said that I was gifted in the sense that I saw more than others, and caught onto things most people wouldn't. This little trait of mine got on my nerves, but there wasn't much I could do about it. 

Unlike most people, I somehow tended to catch onto the smallest detail of things even without trying. At times it came in handy and other times I wish it would stop. Not forever, just awhile.

It was a connection I had with my mother who could no longer guide me on what to do with this.. "gift." So even though I could do without seeing certain things, I wouldn't get rid of it if I had a choice.

And if your wondering; yes, these "things" I see aren't living. They're the people who have passed on and can't seem to rest in peace beyond our world. Or you could just say they're ghost.

I turned to my left and spotted a doorway labled rooftop. The odd sensation I was having grew stronger as I opened the door and made my way up.

People in my situation would probably be to scared and keep it moving. But nah, here I am going toward the being I should be afraid of.

I just can't help it. I've never been one to shy away from the super natural. Although I can't say the same for people who are actually alive. 

I'm weird, okay? Judge me.

As I got closer to the top the chills I felt ran down my spine and I knew I was in the right place. Just behind the doors would be someone who was no longer meant to be apart of the living world.