Chapter 7.

Your only lie.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your one and only lie.

                                                                                                                 S T O R Y L I N E B Y K I M D A N I E L L A         

Chapter 7. - In another life, I could love you.

"What's up?" a sleepy voice almost whispered from the other end of the phone. Lydia was sleeping. It was 4 ing A.M. in the morning buy HyeMi wasn't able to sleep. She's all alone in the dance room and she's almost crying because of her love life. This is her depressed stance. When you're depressed, it makes a lot of difference how you stand. The worst thing you can do is straighten up and hold your head high because then you'll start to feel better. If you're going to get any joy out of being depressed, you've got to stand like this. She needed her bestfriend to calm her down. To say that things are going to be better in the future. "Can I say something?" HyeMi asked somehow embarrassed. "Go on ..." Lydia said then she yawned slowly. "Just....I missed you, you know." HyeMi said in a painful voice. "Promise me that you'll be my best friend forever!" HyeMi added then sighed feeling like her heart is ache. "Forever and ever, kid, until you're sick and tired of seeing me." Lydia assured then laughed softly. "I missed you too. But now tell me the truth. What's going on?" Lydia asked worried. She knew that there is something strange with her best friend. It's the first time in 5 years when HyeMi is in thsi condition. She's lonely. And she's lonely in some horribly deep way and for a flash of an instant, she can see just how lonely, and how deep this feeling runs.

"You know me so well ..." HyeMi noticed then giggled a little. When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.

“I've made a mistake and I know it doesn't matter what I say now, because I ed things up ... just like I always do." HyeMi counted then sighed. "HyeMi-ah?" Lydia almost yelled on the phone. "Yeah?" the girl scoffed. "You're there for less than one week. Who's the diaster now?" her friend asked worried and amused at the same time. Her hear is broken. That's the disaster. How badly is it broken? It's in a million little pieces. Why? Because there's nothing someone can do. It can't be fixed. It's broken beyond repair. It's in a million little pieces. Have you ever felt like that? That you wanted to sleep for a thousand years. Or just not exist. Or just not be aware that you do exist. Or something like that. "HyeMi-ah! Answer me! Are you ok?" Lydia asked while her expresion turned serious. That struck HyeMi as hilarious, and she broke into hysterical giggles. "No." she told her bestfriend, with voice hoarse.

"I am not well. I am broken inside. I am broken almost all-the-way deep, and I don't know ... I don't know if I can ever be unbroken ..." the girl sighed. "How very like you, stupid." Lydia complained. Her tone was light but her expression serious. "Donghae? Again? I thought things will get better if both of you stay t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter