Chapter 5.

Your only lie.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your one and only lie.

                                                                                                           S T O R Y L I N E B Y K I M D A N I E L L A           

Chapter 5. - What's love to you?


HyeMi stepped inside the room looking around. It's just the fourth day in this place and there were already a lot of events. She felt suddenly shy. She wasn't used to shy. She was used to shame. Shyness is when you turn your head away from something you want. Shame is when you turn your head away from something you don't want. Just because you don't say much doesn't mean people don't notice you. It's actually the quiet ones who often draw the most attention. There's this constant whirlwind of motion and sound all around, and then there's the quiet one, the eye of the storm. She waited for her turn. It was the day of the interviews. A lot of cameramans and journalists around tallking about this show with the participants. A lot of different questions about their goals, their school life and their future life. She wasn't sure what to answer, what to say to be correct.

"I'm coming back into focus, Donghae-shhi. What's love to you? Do you have someone to fight for? To win this show for?" the journalist asked smiling. Donghae hesitated, then gave an unconvincing shake of his head. "There must be some special girl. Come on, tell us more!" the man pleaded excited. Donghae sighed. "Well, there is this one girl. I’ve had a crush on her ever since I can remember. But I’m pretty sure someting between us it's impossible." he whispered amused. "Why? She have another fellow? So it means you're here to make her notice you?" the journalist asked again. "I don’t know, but a lot of boys like her." he answered boldly. "So, here’s what you want to do? You win, you go home and she'll fall for you, eh?" the man said encouragingly. "I don’t think it’s going to work out. Winning ... won’t help in my case." Donghae assured. "Why ever not?" was the next question on the interview sheet. Donghae blushed then looked away acting like he's searching for someone in that room full of people. "Because ... because ... she love something that's unreal. She won't find her way in life if she's still thinking at that kind of stuff." he whispered then scoffed and came back on his senses. " ... and I don't want to spend my life with that kind of girls." he assured.

When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. When you've lost hope, you've lost everything. And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope. She had come to accept the feeling of not knowing where she is going. For what she's living. She was consumed by this feeling inside her. She never thought about the future. She'd trained herself to love that feeling and never think at another things. Future? It isn't a big deal. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.

Were is she going? What is she gonna do? She doesn't know. That's what he wants? A girl who knows perfectly what her goals are? A girl who's sure about her future? The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. That means dance for her. Just that something that makes her feel like there is hope. Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there's no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter