Chapter 10.

Your only lie.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your one and only lie.

                                                                                                                          S T O R Y L I N E B Y K I M D A N I E L L A        

Chapter 10. - He loved her.

"Lydia?" HyeMi whispered into the phone. She was still terrified by Donghae's words. "HyeMi-ah what's up now?" her bestfriend asked worried. The secound time in just one week when her friend calls her in the middle of the night. That's not something good at all. There's something wrong with HyeMi. "Tell me the truth, Lydia!" HyeMi almost yelled in a painful voice. "The ... truth?" Lydia asked confused. "Yeah, the truth! The truth about my past! Why is Donghae a part of it and why I can't remember? Tell me! Tell me Lydia!" HyeMi continued pleading over and over, like this truth was a thing to die for. "The past is never where you think you left it." Lydia whispered worried like she was talking to herself. "So ... he told you, huh?" she asked making HyeMi even more confused. The girl knew that Lydia was a childhood friend and she was the only one who can clear the things now. Maybe she can't remember some moments from her past but things like that, the people you love, the people you care about ... you can feel it even if you can't remember their faces.

"Wait ... Y-you knew that? You knew that he's part of my past and you didn't said anything?" HyeMi yelled angry. She was mad. So mad. "I never told you about it because everyone said it's better. For you, for your future, for your recovery. They said you'll be the perfect girl again maybe just if you won't know things about your future ..." Lydia whispered. Her voice was trembling. Like she was almost crying and it was strange because she wasn't the cry-baby type. "The perfect being, huh? There is no such thing as perfect in this world." HyeMi yelled at her friend. "Who said I want a perfect future, huh?" she continued screaming. That may sound cliché, but it’s the truth. The average person admires perfection and seeks to obtain it. But, what’s the point of achieving perfection? There is none. Nothing. Not a single thing. If something is perfect, then there is nothing left. There is no room for imagination. No place left for a person to gain additional knowledge or abilities. She never wanted to be perfect. She nerver wanted to know about the perfect life she had in the past. Till now ...

There was a strange silence between the two girls. Lydia took a deep breath trying to say something but she stopped suddenly. "You're probably mad now. But try to understand me too, HyeMi-ah. At that time it was better for you ... Maybe you'll hate me for these words but, h-he's the worst nightmare you had in the past and I never told you about him because I hoped you'll forget him. You'll move on for the God's sake!" Lydia finally said. "Go and ask him! Ask him how he ruined your life without even thinking at the consequences. If he was so dumb to tell you that he's a part from your past no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter