Chapter 9.

Your only lie.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your one and only lie.

                                                                                                                     S T O R Y L I N E B Y K I M D A N I E L L A                  

Chapter 9. - You can't remember, can you?

"See, you're playing again!" she whispered disappointed. "I'm so done with it!" she added then sighed deeply. He glared at her with a broken face. Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect. Behind these eyes there is a boy trapped within his pain – a boy feeling all the emotions of anger and sadness. He looked at her analizyng every single part of her face. He remembered how times ago she saved him. He is broken in three ways, sometimes four. He count them. He believes himself to be human, but is not actually. At least not anymore. This is similar to the way he believes himself to be alive. He had a grim affinity for drugs years ago. This thing comes with no caveat and no parentheses. This is just a fact of life. He was doggedly unhappy and once decided to kill himself. Sadly, he almost did it. Unconscionable. In a word, it is utterly damning. If there wasn't this girl. If there wasn't this strange girl who saved him.

"Wasn't it what you wanted all this time? To move on, to forget you? After all, you're just like the others ..." she scoffed rethorical. "Boys like me? ... Yeah, they’re like sharks. Circling. Cute, single guys, with a future good job and a nice car. It’s all they know about us." he said somehow offtopic. She looked confused at his lips. His tone was light but his expression serious. "Maybe that’s because it’s all you show them." she said still confused. "Maybe it’s all they want to see." he conclusioned avoiding her eyes for a little while. "Or maybe it's better for them to see just that part of us." he added then sighed tired. "Better?" she asked even more confused. “You ever get that feeling? Like you see something and you just know it?” Donghae finally asked, feeling stupid but not caring. “When you see someone for the first time and you think Man I know we’d die together. And after a while you think about it again and you're sure it's better to let it go because it's better for that person ... I could just feel it deep down. Never felt that before.” he confessed a little embarrassed. "But it's better to act this way because ... Because once in a while you think that it's better for that person's future to act like you don't care ... To make her think that you don't like her." he continued whispering softly.

What he was afraid of, he’d come to realize, was not dark spaces or falling from great heights or being buried alive. His greatest fears, in the end, were letting down those he loved and saying the words I love you without any hope of hearing them in return. Almost everyone is obsessed with leaving a mark upon the world. Bequeathing a legacy. Outlasting death. We all want to be remembered. The marks humans leav
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter