Chapter 1.

Your only lie.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Your one and only lie.

                                                                                                                S T O R Y L I N E B Y K I M D A N I E L L A     

Chapter 1. - No in' way!

"Everybody deserves a second chance in this world. That's basically all I ask." someone yelled behind me. I turned around looking for that somebody who's just too furious this morning. A strange guy with cold eyes staring at her like she is his everything and nothing at the same time. There's a little bit of devil in his eyes. That kind of something that makes you fall so hard. For one moment ... for one ing moment I thought he's talking with me ... But he's not. I'm just as invisible as always for him. 

These words are running in my head over and over again. It hurts just to think about it. The way he confessed her was just awesome. Just with 3 days before our winter break. These beautiful words slipping out of his mouth ... That way of speaking that made me cry over and over. Because now I'm sure me and him it's just as impossible as a combination between chocolate and garlic.

In life things are hard to get and harder to keep. We may learn how to impress because that's the main point in someone's life. You should know that you may learn if you want to be alive at the end of the day. First by reflection, which is noblest, second, by imitation, which is easiest, and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

I don't really know why or when it all started. It has always seemed strange to me ... the things we admire in men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty, understanding and feeling, are the concomitants of failure in our system. And those traits we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness, egotism and self-interest, are the traits of success. And while men admire the quality of the first they love the produce of the second.

I should say I'm stupid and foolish because of all this love. Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time. I was just so stupid to think that it can be a real thing. Two things scare me. The first is getting hurt. But that's not nearly as scary as the second, which is losing. And that's what really happened there. A stupid girl and an perfect player. Just like all of them told me. Everyone said it's wrong but I was blind and I thought all these words he always said.

"Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. When it's your moment you must own it." I whispered sadly looking at my diary. Ful of ty memories. Plans and plans again. Stories ... about fake and stupid things. Some tears slipped slowly over my cheeks. I tried to cover them with my hand. If my classmates will notice it, I'm in trouble. Who'll ever realize it? The girl with the most powerful smile is so sad inside. As broken as a glass slipped in pieces.

"You look like a piece of today, HyeMi-ah!" someone behind me whispered amused. I turned my eyes in that direction and I smiled sadly. "You say it like I've looked like something else in the other days ..." I managed to reply then I looked once again at my diary.
"Oh, come on, HyeMi-ah! I've told you over ond over again that this is wrong!" Lydia, my best friend whispered somehow exhaused, noticing that our teacher is glaring at us. "Yes, you said it ... you said that it's just a funky dream but ... I can't ... I can't live like this anymore." I replied faking a smile. "Eh? Where's that HyeMi who never gives up, ha? You know that there are rules that no one can break." she said softly. Awful but real words. Of course, there are rules. This in' school have a lot of unwritten rules. "But my heart don't acts with rules, you know? I think it'll take forever for me to move on ..." I cracked. "Forever my !" she replied laughing. I smiled. The cruel truth. That's it.

"Kim HyeMi! The principal is waiting for you!" my teacher yelled so loud that I almost fainted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter