Never was good at listening

Artificial Ai

KEVINS POV

Kiseop came in to wake me up, just me. Dongho was already gone before I was awake and when I asked Kiseop about him he said he was already gone before any of them had woken up. I guessed that maybe he didn't want to face AJ again or give any awkward goodbyes and maybe he didn't want to explain to me the reason he crawled into my bed last night.

I think about this as I walk all the way home. The fact that he didn't say goodbye irritates me for no reason I can think of, it just does. I think about it as I'm getting ready for work; I think about it on my way to work and at work. All day and all night it bugs me too the point I can't sleep. I have to find him it's the only way I will get any rest. Tomorrow I'll go to that grocery store he should still be there right? I know he said to stay away but if it's just this once what harm can be done?

I wake up the next day and call Kiseop to get the name of the market. I briefly thank him and throw together a casual outfit nothing too flashy so that I can blend in as best as possible. Still raining outside, I pull my hood up obscuring my face from the crowd and quickly make my way to the store that he is at. I finally find it and step through it's double doors; I look over to the cashiers but he's not there. Maybe I came in on a wrong day?

Not giving up I scan the store walking the perimeter and then make my way down the aisles. Not paying attention I bump into a ladder and a boy yelps as he comes crashing down with the food luckily I am able to catch him. I look at the kid in my arms and it's Dongho. He looks surprised to see me and I can't help but snicker as I realize this is the second time I have saved him. "So is this going to become a habit?" I ask him.

"What?"

"Me saving you!" I say

"So is this going to become a habit?" He then asks.

"What?"

"You being the reason I need to be saved. Will this always be the cause and effect of our relationship?" He says but I don't catch any playful sarcasm he somewhat sounds sincere. "What do you mean?" I ask. "Because everytime we meet I get into some kind of trouble you are the"why", the cause, and what happens, the "effect" is you saving me. You are my cause and effect." He states clearly to me. I can't decide if this is a romantic declaration or an insult.

I look at him with an arched eyebrow not sure about how I should answer him or if I should say anything at all. So instead I release the boy in my arms and help him pick up the mess. "Oh by the way is this a coincidence or did you come looking for me because I thought I had made it clear that we shouldn't see each other?" He says to me. I want to smack him first for being so informal with me and second for not acknowledging the fact that he gave me so many mixed signals.

"Yeah you did at first you made it perfectly clear in words, but you know there was the whole crawling into my bed in the middle of the night and spooning with me. I don't know what kind of hyung you have at home but that's not something you do with a stranger or family! Oh and let's not forget you didn't have the decency to say goodbye to someone you didn't plan on seeing anymore!" I didn't intend to get so passionate; I wanted to keep my cool but all my built up feelings surfaced unwillingly.

He just stared at me not saying anything. I looked around quickly and noticed that we hadn't caught anyones attention yet. It was still early and barely anyone was here. "Well aren't you going to say anything?" He doesn't but instead expresses to me with action as he quickly but gently pushes me against the shelf and plants a chaste kiss upon my lips.

KISEOPS POV

I hung up the phone after talking to Kevin and turn around to see AJ leaning against the door frame to my room. Apparently he had been listening to my conversation because he didn't look happy. "You're friend really should stay away from that family." He says firmly. "Yeah I know you told me several times but I can't tell him what to do he's an adult." I tell him.

He sighs and walks over to me. "Will you at least listen to me?" He asks sympathetically, wrapping his arms around my waist. I nod my head and he pulls me into a tight hug. "Thank you, it makes me feel better. I want you as far away from that family as possible." He says.

AJ never told me why he hated Donghos family so much, he wouldn't even tell me their names, he said it was already too much information knowing Donghos name. So I let it go and didn't bother asking anymore. I'm sure he will tell me when he's ready. I guess I'm not much diferent than AJ though, I still haven't told him about the poeple in my dreams. Though I'd rather not I know I will have to tell him someday especially if we happen to hangout with Kevin more, he can't keep quiet; I know he will slip one day and mention him.

"Do you work today?" AJ asks. I look at him apologetically and I don't even have to say it, he knows. Lately AJ has been more or less against me going to work. He knows I have to that I have no choice, I don't have that kind of freedom to choose whether to quit or not. I was basically made for this work and I will be working here until I can't do it anymore. Only someone with enough status could free me.

AJ has status because of his line of work but it's not enough, it would be harder and take longer than someone like Dongho for example, even though he is young if he wanted to he could free someone like me or Kevin. Well not completely free but we would be in his ownership and not be forced to serve the public.

I almost become a bit jealous of Kevin, if everything works out between the two of them he could leave the place we work at forever; he'd never have to deal with millions of lustful eyes assulting his body with their stares. But Kevin deserves happiness just as much as I do even if he hasn't been dealing with it as long as I have. I think about how long it has been since I left the facility and was introduced to my new profession; I'm quite suprised that I've lasted this long without completely wearing down.

I remembered having to stay in the all boys dorms, I remember having to learn to dance, all kinds of dances. Hours we would be dancing until we were worn down. We were never shown any mercy and sadly we were called the lucky ones, having been sent to an Elite school, which meant we would only be working in the best of the best areas. I remember seeing Kevin on his first day moving to the dorm, we were only briefly introduced since I would be leaving soon and going to work.

Apparently he had already known a lot about me since I was a "legend" in my school. He was so smiley as where I was solem and hardly smiled. We were so opposite but somehow it worked with our friendship. I was a bit relieved when Kevin was introduced to me again at work, it was like we were meant to be friends; I remembered he smiled at me that day just like when we met the first time. Till this day, no matter how much he es, he still smiles.

Thinking about those times also reminds me of when I first met him. There very first night I was permitted to dance, it was a duet with another one of the girls, she had been my partner as well at the academy, even though the dorms were all boys the academy wasn't. We had to learn to dance with, hold, and touch a woman as well as a man. She was much like me, solem, never smiled and quiet. She is still my partner till this day.

After my first dance I was back stage freshening up when I was instructed to follow a man to the V.I.P part of the building. I was so nervous because the people in the non v.i.p were already important people like AJ and so the people in the V.I.P were really important people. I wondered what someone like that would want with someone not as experienced as me. Usually only the dancers with further education in music were invited to this part of the club and I was no musician.

Once we got to the V.I.P floor I was led to where the man guiding me announced to his master that we had arrived. He then opened the door and sat on his knees and bowed before turning around to instruct me to enter. I went to do the same thing but his master told me not to worry. I looked up nervously to see this man that wanted my attention. He was handsome, well dressed, and polite; he was everything you expected from a noble or a prince.

He was kind to me the whole night and never degraded me. In fact he was always kind to me everytime we met. And eventually I fell for him. He was the first to realize this and so he asked me one day if I had feelings for him. I was ashamed to admit it because I wasn't worthy and because we were both men. I was ashamed of that and thought that he would be too but then why else would he have wanted my attention if not because he also liked men too?

So I shamefully confessed and to my surpise he was kind as he had always been. He accepted my feelings and we became lovers. He was always a good lover, always caring about my feelings. It was weird to me I had never recieved that kind of affection from a human but unlike AJ he didn't protect me. He never offered any kind of protection for me because he was worried that his father would find out and be ashamed; even though he knew the horrible things that were happening to me when he wasn't around.

Not wanting to think about these things anymore I turn to my boyfriend who was sitting comfortably on the couch. He looks at me surprised. "Oh, are you back to earth now? You kind of just zoned out when I was talking to you. I thought you were doing some freaky cyborg thing so I didn't want to interrupt you." He says giving me a smile. "Sorry AJssi it happens sometimes when I think about things too deeply." I explain. I go to sit next to him and cuddle up close, hoping he doesn't ask me what I was thinking about.