lesson one: patience

Artificial Ai

Kiseop's pov

"No you're doing it right."

"Then what's the problem?"

"You're more cocky than the old Aj, old Aj was more nervous and careful around me like he was terrified to mess up."

"Maybe it's because I know you wont leave me helpless like this." Aj says to me as he folds the omurice more correctly this time. "So tell me again why we are doing this?" He says to me and I can tell he is getting a bit frustrated with his progress. "Because I told you, the old Ajssi...you had a bad diet and hardly ever ate properly until you started staying over at my place." I say to him as I bop him on the nose like a child. He rubs it and smirks at me and I smile back at him.

"Is this good enough?" He complains and I push him out of the kitchen. "Fine we're done for now let's just eat it's already getting late anyways." I say and finish cooking our breakfast. My phone buzzes suddenly and I take my phone out of my pocket to see kevins name flashing on the screen. I put the phone back in my pocket and make a mental note to call him later.

"Who was that?" Aj asks. "Kevin, you know him he's sort of your friend too." I say. I didn't want to tell him the truth that Kevin thought he was an even though sometimes I could tell that Aj was starting to grow on him. I thought about our conversion the morning after he stayed over for the first time. Even though I didn't want it this way I made it clear to him that we were going to take things slow.

I wanted him to fall in love with me again not just be told that he was in love with me. Because who knows maybe this Aj wont love me like the old one. Something about him is diferent now. I sensed it from the moment I first saw him again. This Aj seemed more confident, less worried, he smiled more than this one like there wasn't a worry at all in his world.

I asked him before if he remembered anything at all, I didn't mention his break up with his fiance, Soohyun's wife because I didn't want him to go looking for her. He just smiled at me and said no, just that he knew who he was and where he lived and his friends took care of the rest. I thought maybe that is what caused his sudden change.

This Aj doesn't know heartache or the constant worry of not being good enough for someone. Is this what Aj was like before she destroyed him I wonder? A tear escapes my eye and I quickly wipe it away before Aj can see me and take our breakfast to the table. "I think I've been patient long enough can I ask you out on a date yet?" Aj asks after taking the last bite of his breakfast.

"It's only been a week besides aren't you leaving tomorrow anyways and wait how are you even able to go back to work didn't you forget everything?" I say to him. He looks at me and then away. "No not really, it was kind of like when I found you, my body just knew what to do and where to go." A light shade of pink painted his cheeks and my heart skipped a beat. I wasn't expecting this kind of answer from him even though Aj was sweet to me before he was always more possesive and angsty, like he always had to be on the guard to make sure I wasn't going anywhere.

I cough and advert my eyes away from him, "Oh." His hand reaches across the short distance and settles on top of my hand that is resting on my knee. He caresses it softly and I feel him staring at me. His lips slowly form into his cat-like grin and I do my best to ignore it. "Kiseop-ah" He calls out buti  continue shoveling food into my mouth with my free hand.

"Seoppie.." He persists. Admitting defeat I gaze up at him. "Ajssi," I want to give in but I know it's best for the both of us, "You promised to cooperate remember?" I say pulling my hand away.

The morning after Aj found his way back...

"Let's date." Aj says boldy.

"Ani! Especially not with that kind of confession!"

"Then what should I do?"

kiseop thinks for a short time and then quickly answers, "Courtship."

"..."

"What's wrong?"

"Court..ship? That ancient tradition where there's no intimacy or touching, is that what you really like?"

Kiseop nods his head, "For now, I want you to fall in love with me." He says pointing a finger to his head.

"Fine."

-end of flashback-

"Aish..." Aj sighs sliding down in his seat. "Yes, I remember."

"Maybe when you get home we can take it a step further." I say to him and he instantly sits up in his chair.

"Promise!?"

"Promise." I say smiling back at him.

Hoon's pov

Master Soohyun, as he prefers to be called, is more hard to handle than I thought. Despite him knowing about my enhanced senses he still manages to try with all his effort to evade me and sneak off to a young mans house by the name of Kevin. For a whole week I chased after him snatching him up quickly before he can reach his destination.

For extra precaution I learned the location and all its routes to this "Kevin's" home incase one day he managed to get far from me. It was already 4AM and I knew I should go check on him even though we wouldn't be leaving for another two hours. I dress quickly and make my way quickly to his room. I wait and listen for the last button to snap and I open the door to greet him.

Instead of my master standing there it was young Master Dongho. "I'm sorry Hoon but I needed him to send my message." the young master says looking at me apologetically. I imediately turn on my heel and run out of the home ditching any sort of transportation because it would only slow me down. Running at this speed came easily to me I was condition for this I was built for it.

I take the shortest route possible one that even Soohyun couldnt take by vehicle or foot. I had to get there first. If I failed so soon I know I wouldn't get a second chance. I find myself at the doorstep of Kevins knocking hard I call out his name and my master's, "Kevinssi, Master Soohyun!" I hear the lock undo and the door slowly comes open.

"Excuse me but Soohyun isn't here I'm not friends with that ." A beautiful blonde man who I never would except such words coming out of his mouth says to me. His clothes and hair disheveled from sleep I can see practically all of the skin of his torso it bothers me that he doesn't cover himself in front of a complete stranger.

"I'm shutting the door now." He says and looks me straigt in the eyes but before he does he freezes. His eyes are big as if he's seen a ghost. "Hoonie?" He calls out to me using a pet name that I haven't heard in a long time nor can I remember who called me by that name. "Excuse me?" I say to him.

"Hoonie don't you recognize me? I recognize you allthough you were my first love." He says shyly and I am taken by surprise. "First love? I'm sorry but I've never been in love I've never had that chance you see I wa-"

"We were taken away at birth from our parents, wrangled up in a special school until we were old enough to go to specialty schools, I was taken to an entertainment school and you were taken to a special corps training school, I know. I remember every detail of that day when we found out we were going to be seperated."

And yes you're right, you werent in love it was only me who was madly in love with you but I was your best friend and you let me share our first kiss together. And wait why are you looking for Soohyun?"

"Our first kiss? And well he's my master I've been assigned to him as a body guard."

"Oh I see." He looks at me with a mix of anger and sadness. "Yeah we were each others first kiss...you really don't remember do you?" He sounds sad so I just shake my head no not really knowing what to say, I don't remember how to comfort people. He knows a lot about my past and I must have been really important to him for him to remember after all these years.

"Should I remind you?" His voice breaks through my thoughts.

"What?" Is all I can say before his lips are upon mine Delicately and softly they move across mine I can feel him shaking with uncertainty. Suddenly I am pulled away quickly by my wrist. I turn around to look at the person responsible, "Soohyun.." Kevin gasps. My master looks upset but he's smiling too. "This should make it easy for my brother to move on, come on Hoon we're going home!" He says sternly as he's pulling me away his nails digging into my skin.

With my focused hearing I can hear Kevin sobbing as we are leaving and repeatibly calling Dongho's name. Even though my wrist starts to become sore from his grasp I don't try to pull away I let him drag me until he becomes tired and releases me. He stops in the middle of the alley. "I hate you...I hate all of you." He says and I can sense a tremble in his voice.

"Master..." I start to speak but he puts up his hand to silence me. "All of you are such fickle creatures you don't care about our feelings!" He yells at me and I want to yell back 'we do care' but I don't. He tightens his hands into fists until his knuckles become white. "Hoon...I'm sorry but how could he do that to my brother when he has waited so faithfully and patiently, how can he kiss you so easily when..." He shakes his head.

"I know it wasn't your fault I heard the whole conversation so don't worry about it.How am I going to tell my brother an why am I..." The last part was so muffled it wasn't meant for me to hear. I could sense that he was crying but I didn't know what to do so I simply place my hand on his shoulder. He flinches and so I quickly retract.

He turns around and slowly walks in my direction untill our bodies make contact, his arms slowly raise up to wrap around my waist and his face burrows into the clothing on my chest. Instinctively mine snake around him as well even though I know this is wrong. I shouldn't be holding him I shouldn't be touching him at all unless it is to save his life. But I don't want to let go of him now if I do I feel as though he'd fall apart right in front of me, so maybe I am saving his life in a way.

"Your cold and still like a statue, do you even feel Hoonmin? Are you holding me because you feel sorry for me or are you just mimicking me?" He says to me and looks up at me with a look I hadn't seen before. "I'm sorry this was a mistake, Master." I say and pull him off of me. Quickly he pushes me back against the side of the building. My head and heals make contact with the cold stone.

"You didn't answer me!" He says sternly.

"No sir, I can't feel. I wasn't made too, it's not my duty." I answer him honestly, I can't feel if I do then it's all over his father will replace me.

"Then I'll just have to undo that. I wasn't going to tell you this but when I saw Kevin kissing you it made me angry. You're mine how can he kiss something that belongs to me?" His voice was dark and thick with jealousy how could I have not realized it earlier.

"Tell me something Hoonmin if it's against your orders to be this close to me then why aren't you stopping me, you're more than capable?"

I didn't know how to answer him without antagonizing him further. "Could it be that you want me to do this to you? You want me to touch you." The last statement wasn't a question. "You're just teasing me." I finally respond. He smirks at me, "Am I?"