Who is saving who?!

Artificial Ai

Less that an hour ago

KEVINS POV

I was leaving the club my shift was finally over. I was so relieved I hate working here like most people. Sure there are some that like to work here, they like all the attention, the extra money they can get from being extra sweet to customers, and all that comes with being obedient. But if your anything like me and my co-worker, well I guess I could say my friend Kiseop you don't get this lavishing treatment.

We could be on the top me and him, we could be rich and have more oportunities than other cyborgs but we chose to stick to our guns and keep our pride. We chose dignity over being someones pet. There was that one time though that Kiseop had thought about being owned by someone but that person suddenly disappeared, Kiseop became sad and when he became his normal self again he never explained to me what happen.

The rain starts pouring as I'm walking home; I try to hury as I use my coat to shield myself from the wetness. I suddenly get this feeling that I'm being followed but I dare not turn around instead I walk faster almost sprinting. I hear the foot steps pick up speed behind me and make the mistake of turning to look behind me. "Hey there!" The men start to call. . This can't be happening right now.

I ignore them and start to sprint and that is when they start running after me. I turn back around to see if they've given up pursuit and I smack into someone. They grab onto me keeping me from falling to the ground. I pull away quickly thinking it is one of them but it's a boy who is just slightly shorter than me. He's wearing some kind of special uniform with a badge, it looks important like the style uniforms that rich students wear but I don't take the time to look at it.

He looks at me wide-eyed but then quickly regains his stoic expression. "Stay here." He motions me to stand beside him. "What's going on?" He calls out to the men who have caught up to us and takes a step forward. For such a small boy he doesn't show any fear.

He and the men share a few words; I'm too on edge with worry to be paying attention and next thing I know one of the men strikes at him but he dodges it like some kind of martial artist. They fight for what seems like forever; the boy jumping,kicking, and striking the men. It seems to be going well until the boy miscalculates one move and is struck in the head almost going unconcious. The leader of the gang grabs him up by his collar but then starts to stutter as he reads the boy's badge.

He then shoves him to the ground and yells something like "He's a ing son of a ing official, we're ed let's get out of here we're so screwed." They continue to shout as they flee. I run over to him and pick him up he is still concious but barely. "Are you ok?" I call out to him. He nods his head yes.

"Can you walk? where do I take you?" I ask him but he doesn't say anything as his eyes start to flutter close. His head falls back as he finally passes out he could die right now and it would be my fault they would blame me! There is only one place I could go, the only person I know who could help me.

Present time

KISEOPS POV

Kevin stays by the boys side as he sleeps you could see the relief on his face and something else that I couldn't quite figure out. AJ reassured us both that he would be ok and should be awake anytime now. "It's still strange to me why is he here of all places?" I hear AJ talking to his self. "AJssi, do you know this boy personally?" I dare to ask. "You can say that; this boy here is the son of an important official and so is his brother. At one time I was hired by their father but...the rest I can't really talk about." He says

"Ohh." I say in response. "You said you've seen him before?" AJ asks. "Yes but he was dressed much diferent, like a middle class person and he was working as a cashier at a super market. Why would he be doing that if he's dressed like that now?" I tell AJ. "A cashier? That is even strange to me." We continue to whisper back and forth until the boy wakes up.

DONGHO'S POV

I wake up and my vision is a blur. I see someone staring at me from above the face starts to come into focus and it looks like an angel. Then I realize it's the cyborg from earlier the one I had carelessly tried to save but was saved by in return. I wanted to thank him and leave as soon as possible as to not get in trouble but when I tried to sit up my head pounded and I became light headed once more.

"Where am I?" I ask.

"In my boyfriends apartment." I hear a familiar voice say from across the room.

"This is your boyfriend?" I point at the blonde boy.

"Ani, that's his friend he brought you here." The person says.

"Thank you, I appreciate your help but I must be going." I say trying to stand up again.

"You're not going anywhere by yourself." The blonde boy says to me, pushing me back down.

I kind of liked his forcefulness no one had dared to do that at home unless they were Father or my hyung. "I was so worried if you died I would be in so much trouble." He says to me. I laugh internally at how he was bluntly concerned about himself. I liked that about him too. Another man comes into my view and I instantly recognize him. I try not to panic and act natural. "Hey I recognize you." He says. "Your that boy from the store." He says. I nod my head. "But why are working their if you're rich?" He asks.

"Well as a future Official I wanted to start from the bottom so I could easily recognize and relate to the problems of the people." I admit.

KEVENS POV

This boy sounds admirable like a saint or Buddha with his answer. I almost want to scoff but I could tell he was being sincere. He continues on answering Kiseops questions and then AJssi steps forward. "Does your father or your...brother know you're doing this? He asks the boy and the boy looks at him with a panicked expression. "A-Ani!" He stutters. "Ofcourse not, look I wont tell them about this and you can stay here for the night with Kevin as long as you stay away from Kiseop after tonight." AJssi says in a stern tone. I wonder what his deal is?

"AJssi how can you act like that with such a nice boy? He tried to save Kevin and he's modest!" Kiseop argues with AJ. "Tsst, nice boy...you don't know his family he's just like them they are all the same after all." His doesn't bother going into another room to discuss this with Kiseop, he just slanders the boys family right in front of him. I almost protectively want to cover his ears so he doesn't have to hear it but I'm sure he's heard it all before and worse. I look at him apologetically and he gives me a look of "it's ok." and rubs the top of my hand.

The sudden familiar gesture catches me off guard and I blush. I pray that he doesn't see it but when I look up he's looking at me like he knows what I've done and he then rubs my hand again while never straying his gaze from me. Suddenly Kiseop and AJ's arguing have become background noise and everything is out of focus; I just see this kid buddha in front of me. It feels silly the way we are just staring at each other, in my friends apartment, two strangers.

"I'm Shin Dongho." He says as if he had read my mind. He reaches his hand out to me and I take it in mine. "I'm Woo Kevin." I say and smile at him and it's his turn to blush. What a sweet kid; I think to myself. I notice we are still holding hands long past our handshake. I look down at our hands and he pulls away clearing his throat. "Um Kiseopssi thank you for letting me stay here is there anywhere I should go?" He asks. "Well it's a one bedroom so AJssi and I will be sharing it you and Kevin can set out the sleeping mats on the floor or you can sleep on the couch which ever you two prefer.

My face heats up involuntarily. Why am I acting like I'm crushing over this kid I just met? Why is the idea of possibly sleeping next to him making me nervous? "Kevinssi, what do you prefer?" He asks and I'm forced to come back to reality. "I'll take the couch since I saved you." I say quickly. "What? I'm the one who saved you!" He argues back.

"Ani! You were passing out and I brought you to safety!" I counter. "They were already fleeing when they realized who I was; my status saved us!" He sticks out his tongue childishly. "Yah stick that back in your mouth who taught you those manners!" I say tapping him on the head.

"I learned it while working at the store. All the little kids would stick their tongues out at me like I was their hyung or something so I started copying them." He admits out loud even though it was a rhetorical question. I turn back around to ask Kiseop where the bedding was but they were already gone and on the floor was the neatly folded white bedding. "Well looks like they already went to sleep we should too." I tell Dongho.

I give him one of the extra blankets and make my bed on the floor letting him have the couch. I settle into my bed after turning the last of the lights off and say good night to my "hero". It's quiet in the room aside from the little noises from outside. "Kevinssi, do you know AJssi personally?" Dongho asks me.

"Ani, but he seems like a jerk the way he was talking earlier." I say to him. "Don't be mad at him, everything he said is true. It's my families fault; we did something terrible to him. My family is bad, in fact it would be best if we never saw each other again." He says and my body shivers. Something in his tone of voice made those words sound dark, like a threat or a warning. "Are you threatening me?" I ask curiously. "No I'm giving you advice to keep you safe." He says.

I pull the covers up close to me not asking him anymore questions in fear that I might hear more dark things about his family. Were they thieves,murderers, what made his family so dangerous that we couldn't be friends? Was his family racist,speciest? All this made me more curious about him and I realized that It would be best for me like Dongho said to not get involved with him. I don't need to get entangled in an officials son's life I'm sure nothing good would come from it.

Light starts to leak into the apartment and I slowly start to open my eyes. It's the next morning and since I hadn't been woken up yet I guessed that it was still early; everyone must still be asleep. I go to rub my eyes and realize that I've been holding a hand this whole time.

As I come to my senses more I realize that there is a little warm body snuggled against me with their arm wrapped around me. His warm breathe tickled the back of my neck almost making me want to wake him but I admit other than that I was quite comfy. Maybe I will just lay here a little longer besides after this we will never see each other again.