mine

Artificial Ai

KISEOPS POV

"Because you're mine..."

     I heard these words before and they had always scared me. But right now hearing them come from AJ made me feel safe, I wanted to believe in his declaration. I turn myself in his grip to stare back at him. I wanted him to make it more clear to me what his intentions were. Were we a real couple or was I just something he posessed?

     He's looking at me really seriously like he's waiting for me to respond. And so I do, "Ne AJssi, I promise it's just coffee..." I say then nestle my face into the crook of his neck. "Kiseop.." He starts to say and I look up at him. "I don't mean it that way." He says. "What way?" I reply wanting to know what is going on in his mind. "I don't want you to think I own you, I just worry about you the way...a boyfriend does." He finally says.

      I know that I must have some surprised dumb look on my face because AJ seems to be worried but I couldn't help how shocked and happy I was to hear that. Happy which was something I didn't expect. "Did I say something wrong again, I mean.....I should have asked how you felt first. I feel like an idiot." He says as his words are trailing off quietly. "Ani!" I try to speak up but he interupts me. "Forget I said anything." He says and now it's my turn to interupt.

     "Why should I?" I say bluntly. "Kiseop..." He says but I cut him off anyways with a kiss. I don't want to hear his answer right now, not like this. I'm afraid that he will regret mentioning the word "boyfriend" around me after all he is someone important and I'm just a cyborg. He's surprised by my kiss and doesn't kiss me back until the shock settles. "Let's just take it slow, we don't have to call it anything right now." I tell him in defeat.

AJS POV

     Let's just take it slow....we don't have to call it anything right now... is what he said to me and I accepted it. What good could come from being rushed into a relationship anyways?  What was I even thinking saying things like "You're mine." to him. After all the way he looked at me clearly showed that he hadn't thought about something like that with me. I was surprised with myself with how eager I was to be with a man, especially one I just met! I want him and I wish there was a simple way to let him know.

     But regardless of how Kiseop felt or thought about me, the idea of him going to see that girl and me not being able to claim he's my boyfriend made me feel threaten. It was then that I decided I would find this girl before their "date" and confess to her my feelings for Kiseop. I must have been lost in my thoughts longer than I thought because Kiseop starts to shake me.

     "AJssi?" He calls out and I meet his eyes. He goes to touch my face but I grab his hands with my own and squeeze them gently. "Ne?" I answer. He looks at me like he's not sure of what to say himself. "Umm are you eating well, are you hungry?" He asks pulling his hands away and pointing to the kitchen. I notice the small pile of groceries he left on the counter. I nod my head and he quickly shuffles to the kitchen.

...One week later...

    I arrive at the store finally after managing to get a basic idea out of Kiseop of where it was. I only hope that he didn't catch on to my plan and that I didn't sound to suspicious. I peer inside the store and I see a normal looking girl, kind of like Kiseop had explained to me, helping a customer. I waited for the old man to leave before entering. He steps out and I bow to him to be polite even though my injuries still hurt. I winced at the sharp pain and when I looked up I saw her smiling at me.

     I tried walking up to the counter with an expressionless face but I'm sure she noticed me wincing again as I walked. "Hello how can I help you?" She says and I look around to make sure we were alone. I step forward and in a low, deep tone tell her, "What ever you are planning with Kiseop, the pretty boy that you have plans with today, know that I am watching you." She looks at me confused for a second.

     "Oh so that's his name! He left so quickly with your tonic that I wasn't able to ask him." She says smiling big still. "He mentioned me?" I asked. "No but I notice you are hurt and I know someone like him has no use for that stuff." She says. I decide then to get straight to the point before I chance seeing Kiseop here.

     "Look I'm sure you're probably a nice girl but I just want you to know before you get any other ideas that Kiseop isn't available-"

     "Oh you guys are dating?" She asks cutting me off.

     "Not exactly...well not officially, but I plan to make it official soon once I've confirmed his feelings for me." I say

     "Please don't worry about me, I have know plans of getting in your way. I just wanted to make friends with Kiseopssi, he looked lonely like he needed a friend, that's all really." She says.

     "Lonely?" I say out loud. Why hadn't I ever noticed that before. Maybe instead of trying to own Kiseop all this time I should have been trying to be his friend. She stares back at me knowlingly. "I'm sure what you are doing now makes Kiseopssi happy too. I mean why else would he risk getting into serious trouble if not for someone important?" She says. "Trouble?" I say out loud.

     "Yeah didn't you notice the flashing sign that says 'No Non-humans unless accompanied by Master'? He didn't come in with anyone and I helped him to purchase the tonic so he wouldn't get caught. That's why we have that thumb print scanner." She says pointing to it. She had done something nice for both me and Kiseop and now I feel like a jerk showing up and accusing her like I did. I facepalm.

     "I really apologize about this but regardless Kiseop still isn't available." I say giving a crooked smiled and she just giggles. Before I turn around to say goodbye she says to me, "You know he's really lucky having someone like you watching over him, you must really treasure each other." My cheeks blush and I get a warm feeling in my lower belly thinking about what she said and about my feelings for Kiseop.

     They formed so quickly my feelings, without me even realizing it. I say goodbye to her as it is approaching the time Kiseop said he would be here and take off in the opposite direction he would be coming from. I decided after meeting her that I wasn't going to follow them like I had planned. Well maybe not the whole time.

short update because of classes but better than nothing right? ^-^ hope you enjoy!