Present time...

Artificial Ai

AJS POV

     We come back to the same district that we were at three months ago. It was one of the richer places and had the best night life so I wasn't surprised that the crew wanted to come back here. Our mission was a successfull with no deaths, though not without a price. Durring a fire fight to save one of my men I took the blast for him and ended up shattering a few of my ribs. We held on until the mission was complete but because of that I caused even more damage to my body. So I had to have a long procedure and I am now on paid leave for recovery and I hate it. I hate not having something to constantly occupy my mind. When the crew came to visit they offered to take me out to occupy my free time I was hesitant at first but finally caved in.

     Like I said I wasn't surprised that we came here but what I was surprised about was that I caught myself thinking about that boy, wondering if I would see him here. Even if it was just a glance of him walking from across the street. I found myself constantly watching the people as they walked by us that I couldn't focus on the conversations of my team. "So boss, why haven't you visited your pretty cyborg boy?" One of them said. I just simply answered, "It's complicated." They nodded their heads and didn't ask any further questions. After having a few cheap drinks at the small seedy bars they dragged me to one of the most popular night clubs in the district. It was so popular that you had to make reservations ahead of time and even then you had to be someone important to go.

      Because of our status in the military we were able to use our uniforms to get it and that made perfect sense as to why they asked me to wear my uniform tonight. At first I didn't want to go in I knew what kind of place this was. It was a place where only the most beautiful and expensive cyborgs danced at. They were practically slaves but just well dressed and well payed ones with a little more freedom than most service A.I. These kinds of places made me feel dirty and was against my morals. "Awe c'mon captain." One said. "Hey doesn't your cyborg wear something like that?" Another points to a female cyborg walking by. "He might be in here!" He says.

     That made me curious enough that I followed them inside. The club music was so loud I could feel it pulsing from inside my body.I looked around the club hoping to catch just aglimpse of him and then I would leave. I don't know why I wanted to see him so badly, maybe so I could know that heis still alive and ok. The music stopped as it was getting ready for the next group of dancers. The lights were low and you could only see two sillhouettes on the stage. A man and a woman. They began to dance on the stage some kind of dark ballet dance of some sort. It was very beautiful and at the same time a turn on by the way they touched each other as they danced on stage. The lights finally came on to reveal the dancers and I almost choked on my drink.

     It was him and he was dancing with an equally beautiful female dancer. She could almost be his twin but he was still more beautiful. He moved so hauntingly that I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Suddenly I felt as though he was looking straight at me with so much inensity or maybe he was just looking out into the crowd period. My cheeks started to burn and suddenly I felt like it was wrong to watch the rest of this and left. They were so caught up in the performance that my crew didn't bother to stop me. I made my way outside and into the alley way outside of the club. I needed cool air and to be alone so I could regain my composure. I stood here for a while looking up to the sky.

      "Ok AJ you got to see him, you know he's ok now lets just go home, your curiousity is cured." I said out loud to myself. "Who are you talking to?" A familiar voice asked from the alley. My head jerks in the direction that the voice is coming from and it's him. "I thought you were working?" I blurted out. "I was but that was my last performance." He said flatly. "Too bad you didn't stay for the rest of my show, your crew members seemed toenjoy it a lot." He said sarcastically as he walked passed me and onto the sidewalk. I followed behind him, "Yah I'm not like them!" I shouted as I caught up to him. "Yeah sure you're not. I saw you in the crowd I know you were enjoying it too." He scoffed. So he was looking at me.

KISEOPS POV

      He kept following but somehow I didn't feel threatened just annoyed I wanted him to leave me alone. "I didn't go there to watch you, I just wanted to see if you were ok." He continued to say. "Well I'm ok as you can see so let's go our seperate ways." I said to him. "Fine but can I at least walk you home?" He asked. I sighed and let him do as he wanted. We walked quietly most of the way occasionally having small talk that was one sided since I was not in the mood to entertain this human with converstaion. I just wanted to get home and sleep. I sighed out loud for the fifth time. "Do you always have a lot of trouble?" He asked me in a quieter voice. I looked at him but he was just looking straight ahead. "Yes." I answered truthfully.

     "Has my crew given you trouble in the past?" He asked. "No that was the first time but people in similar uniforms have before." I answered. "I'm sorry." He replied. "Don't be sorry for me it's offensive." I said. "I don't mean to be." He says. We are at my apartment by now. "We're hear." I say to him and he jsut stares. "What are you expecting something else from me?" I say. "Ani, just that you haven't told me your name." He says. "Oh and I'm guessing after I introduce myself you would like to come in for some coffee?" I sarcastically reply. He's been nothing but respectful and patient with me but I continue to push him away.

     "That's not what I meant either." He said sighing. "I know at least I want to believe that." I finally said to him. "Lee Kiseop." I said out loud. He repeated my name out loud. "It's similar to mine, I like it." THe corner of his lips curl into a cat like grin. It was cute. Cute?! What am I thinking? I don't like humans, at least not anymore. "Well I'm going inside now." I said and he waved goodbye as he started to leave. I don't know why but I grabbed his arm and he turned around to look at me. When he did I s my arms around his neck and pulled him down to kiss me, it was fast and quick. When I let go of him his fingers came up to ghost over his lips. "Good night." I said softly and shut the door quickly. I was embarressed with myself why did I act so rashly. What if he didn't like it? I don't need more enamies Lee Kiseop! But why else would he be so kind to me if not to get something from me in return?

     I slept in the next day barely waking up in time to eat before work. I couldn't sleep at all because I was thinking about how stupid I had acted last night. Ahh Kiseop what were you thinking? Even if he's not mad at me it's going to be so awkward now. I wish I could just have my mind whiped like a robot or something. What if he expects something to happen between us now? I don't want that right now...do I? Why am I even cnsidering this I don't know him. I notice that the sky has darken up so I grab my coat and head outside. My heart jumps in my throat when I see AJ at the door holding two coffees.

     "Omo!" We both shout. "You surprised me." He said. "I surprised you? You were just standing there at my door were you going to knock?" I said. "Well I was going to ring the doorbell but you opened the door before I was able too." He replied. "What are you doing here?" I asked him flatly. "It was cold I thought you would want something hot on your way to work." I looked at him and sighed as I rolled my eyes. "Hey look about last night please don't expect anything. I'll probably regret saying this and make another enamy but I'm jsut not interested." I tell him. "Ani, I don't expect anything. I actually came here to tell you that. I know you kissed me last night because you thought I was one of those kinds of people but I'm not. I'm not going to make you do anything you don't want to do, plus I'm not interested." He says.

     Pfft I doubt he's not interested I think to myself. His expression doesn't change, maybe he is telling the truth. "Good I'm glad you are understanding. Thank you for the coffee." I say and take the one he hands me. I leave and he follows me. "What are you doing?" I say since he is still following me. "Walking you to work." He says. "Why?" I stop and look at him directly. "I thought that maybe if people saw me walking with you they will hopefully leave you alone. I am kind of important you can look me up." He says proudly. I scoff,

     "Really? Well what if I wanted a boyfriend or girlfriend? Now everyone will be to scared to approach me."He looks at me and there's some kind of emotion in his eyes. "I don't think that's what you want right now but when you do, I'll be your boyfriend." He said this so confidently. "What if I don't want to be your boyfriend, what if I want love?" I tell him as I take a step closer to him. "I'm the only one who can protect you. That law doesn't work on my status, because I am the law, I can fight for you, you wont have to be scared anymore." He tells me. All this new information was too much for me to handle, "I have to go, I'll be late." I say and take off running to my work without looking back.

AJS POV

     I know my decision sounds a bit rash but I just want to keep him safe, maybe because he reminds me of her or maybe because I just feel sorry for him. I've always protected people and kept them safe but never like this. I've kept my country safe from other things but I've never been able to keep them safe from each other. I want to do this for him not for myself. I don't want him to look at me with disgust and hatred anymore. I wait there until his image disappears from my sight. I still don't understand my own feelings and I didn't want to say all these things to him until I knew exactly how I felt towards him. And most importantly I'm not ready to share "her" with him.

      I head back home since I am technically suppose to be on bed rest. My forehead is starting to bead with sweat, I can feel a fever starting. I cough and a great pain wells up on my rib cage. I make my way home and take some medicine to try to fall asleep so I can rest before meeting Kiseop after work.

     My alarm goes off and it is 11PM exactly one hour before Kiseop gets off work. I quickly freshen myself up and grab my military coat incase it rains. I start to run to catch up for the missed time I had looking for my badge but had to stop due to the pain of my ribs bounces up and down. Luckily I could see his work from a short distance I know he will be walking this way soon...or not. It was already 15 minutes after his shift but I still don't see him. Maybe he is staying late or maybe...I panic and begin to run again ignoring the pain in my side.

     I look into the alley way and see a woman and some men cornering Kiseop and I dash over there. "Yah!" I yell. "Whats going on here!" I demanded. I could see Kiseop looking at me as if pleading for me to snatch him away from them. "Well..." One of them began to say. "You see Sir my sister wanted to sleep with him but he denied her even though she gave him gifts far beyond what he's worth." He says and I get angry at how they belittled him. "But I returned them all I let her know that I couldn't except her feelings." Kiseop pleaded desperately. "Boy I didn't want your feelings I just wanted your body." The woman scoffed.

     "Kiseop come here." I reached out my hand. He started in my direction but was stopped by one of the thugs. He grabbed Kiseop by the hair and pulled him back towards him. "I'm warning you let him go, he belongs to me." I said sternly. "Oh yeah and who are you?" The man said sarcastically. "I promise you, you're going to regret this." I said taking off my coat and revealing my identity. The men and woman all stared at me as if they had made the biggest mistake in their life,which they had. They begin to apologize and try to talk their way out of trouble. "Ani, you had your chance." I said and approach the man who had grabbed Kiseop so harshly and punch him in the face so hard that I knew I had shattered his jaw in one hit.

      One of the men approach me from behind and I take him out quickly. Eventually I go through all the men with ease and approach the woman. I wanted to punish her to, I've never wanted to hit a woman before, not even in combat, until now. I yank her up from the ground and go to strike her but Kiseop leapts onto my arm holding me back. "Stop AJ!" He pleads with me. "Don't do this..." I can hear him choking back tears and I throw her to the ground. "Go!" I yell to her and turn to look at Kiseop who was shaking in fear. "Please don't be scared of me." I breathed heavily from the pain my body was in.

      He shakes his head at me and holds onto me. I wince when he squeazes my side. "What wrong?" He asks worried. I can't seem to answer him as the pain becomes so much that my head starts to spin and my body is hot with fever. I start to stagger around and Kiseop balances me."Jaeseopssi!" He calls out to me. His little body seems to pick me up easily as he gives me a piggyback ride to his apartment.

KISEOPS POV

     I lay him gently on my bed and he looks up at me from half closed eyes. Because of my enhanced eye sight I can see through to his bones that they had been recently damaged badly. "Is their something you want to tell me, something like I don't know, about your injuries? Is this why you had time to come bug me this morning, your supposed to be home healing huh? I  scolded him. I was so upset with his reckless behavior. He tries to laugh. "Kiseopssi are you trying to tell me you are worried about me?" I give him a dirty look. "No just that you're stupid. I can't believe you fought those people with these kind of injuries, babo, babo!" He reaches out and pulls me down next to him so that my ear was by his lips.

     "I said I would protect you didn't I?" He whispered. I was so touched by this that I wanted to cry and suddenly a tear fell down my cheek. AJ looked at me and whiped it away. "Don't cry or all my effort will be wasted." He said sweetly to me. "Stop it, stop being so kind to me or I might..." I trailed off not wanting to admit what I was thinking/feeling. "Might what?" He says. "Please don't make me say it..." I said quietly. "Shhh it's ok remember you don't have to do anything you're unwilling to do." He said to me as he pat my head. We held each other like that for a while untill I made the mistake of looking at him. He was staring at me and I could tell he wanted to say something, that he had lots of things to ask me but he didn't he just watched me.

     "AJ do you want to kiss me?" I asked him suddenly. "What kind of question is that?" He asked surprised. "Well...do you? I didn't ask for your permission last time and you told me you weren't interested in me but that's not what I think." I said to him bravely. "If you kiss me I won't reject you is that what you want me to say?" He said, "Or do you want me to admit out loud that I want your body like that woman did?" I became uneasy because even I wasn't sure where I wanted this conversation to lead. "I don't know." I said truthfully. "Well do you want to kiss me is that why you asked?" He said. "I...I don't know what I want." I said. "Then when you decide act then." He said to me. "So I could kiss you now and you won't hate it?" I asked him. He was quiet for a while. "Ani." He said and so I reached over and kissed him lightly on the lips.

     "Thank you for today." I said to him. "And for last night I...I don't know what would have happen to me if you weren't their both times...well I do but I don't want to think about that." I said. "Then don't because for now on I won't allow that to happen to you ever." He said. "I wish you were here in the past..." I whispered quietly to myself but he heard me. "What? Have you been...you know...by people?" He asked sitting up to look at me and pushing me up to look at me. "You weren't suppose to hear that." I say hanging my head in shame. He pulled me into a hug and held me gently. "I want to make you forget everything that has hurt you in the past so you can smile." He says quietly to me. Why me? I wonder to myself, why is he so kind to me?

     Despite all my past feelings and anger, despite all the wrong that has been done to me, despite what my head is screaming now, I want AJ to kiss me because he wants to, because he wants me. I look up to him and try to convey these feelings to him through my eyes. Please see my feelings! His eyes look at me with a million questions and I slightly pout my lips as my eyes dart from his eyes to his lips. He gets the hint and kisses me first softly then more passionately. He cupped my face with both his hands and gently moved me closer onto his lap. "Is this what you want?" He asks me through heavy breaths and kisses. "Ne..." I say finally submitting to my feelings.