Chapter 8

Hello My Name Is Cho Kyuhyun And I'll Be Your Stalker

We weren't always like this. Siwon and I were best friends from the start. I just can't believe it was really fourteen years ago… I remember it like it was only yesterday. We were five years old and it was July 25th, the day we made a promise...

   

    “Kyuhyun, you’re my bestest friend ever!” Siwon said to me.

    “And you’re mine.” I replied with a smile.

    “When we’re older, I’m going to marry you!”

    "No. You can't do that." I said.

"And why not?" Siwon pouted.

"Because, we're both boys. That's just weird! My daddy married a girl, so I have to do the same!" I said as a matter of factly.

"Well if it's love, why stop it?"

I stayed quiet.

Siwon smiled, "So it's settled then! Cho Kyuhyun and Choi Siwon will be married when we get older!"

"Yeah, yeah." I rolled my eyes.

Siwon looked at me seriously, "Now you have to promise me that we will! Okay?"

He held out his pinkie, waiting for me to lock mine with his.

"Yeah, I promise." I said, interlocking my pinkie with his.


 

I remember it so clearly. At the time, I thought he was kidding, so I didn't think about it too much, but when we turned twelve, he brought it up again...


 

We sat together on the swing set at the park down the street from my house. It was starting to get dark and I knew my mother would want me home soon, but before Siwon and I parted, he told me he wanted to talk.

"Kyuhyun," Siwon started, "Do you remember that promise we made, you know, when we were little?"

I looked at him confused, "What promise?"

"You know, the one where we said we would be married when we're older..." He whispered that last part, but I still heard him.

"Oh, that one... W-What about it..?" I asked.

"Well..." He looked at the ground, "You're still gonna keep our promise.... Aren't you?"

I looked at him a bit shocked, "U-Uh I... I-I..."

I could think of anything else to say.

Siwon looked over at me from the swing next to me, "You already know I like you, right?"

I still said nothing. All I could do was stare at him, shocked, confused, and speechless. Siwon stood up from the swing and looked at me, smiling.

"I have to go, but I'll see you tomorrow!"

He began heading off toward his house. I could only watch him walk away from the swing where I was still sitting. He turned around and waved to me. I did all I could to lift my hand and give him a little wave goodbye.


 

His confession was a lot for me to take in at that point. I didn't know what to think, or say. I mean, this is my best friend we're talking about here. He's been there through everything, but I hadn't thought about him as more than a friend.

Though it was really only about a year ago, our junior year, when things really started to happen...


 

*BAM*

I was pinned harshly against the wall of a classroom, half lit, light coming in a stripe form from the window. My arms were pinned on both sides of my head and I was trapped between the wall and my best friends body.

"S-Siwon..." I said nervously.

"Come on Kyuhyun, you seriously don't believe I'll leave you alone now, do you?" Siwon smirked, "You promised."

"Siwon, I didn't tell on you! I swear, I don't know how Mr. Kim found out about it, but I didn't tell him! I keep my promises!"

He looked me up and down, slowly, "You keep promises? No matter how long ago it was?"

"H-Huh?"

“You know what I’m talking about.” He replied.

“Siwon! I’m sorry! I didn’t tell anyone that you skipped class! I swear I-”

My words were suddenly cut off by Siwon leaning his face close to mine, so close that I could feel his hot breath on my face.

“S-Siwon…”

“You know, you’re cute when you’re nervous.” He said with a husky, deep voice.

    I stared at him shocked, waiting for his next move. He moved his face a bit closer and I knew he was going to kiss me. I quickly turned my head to the right, making Siwon kiss my cheek instead. He pulled away and looked at me, a bit hurt.

    “Kyuhyun,” He started, “You remember our promise, don’t you? How we said we would get married? You just told me you keep promises. Why can’t you keep this one?”

    “I… I-I…” My voice trailed off.

    Once again, I didn’t know what to say. If I hurt him, he could never forgive me, but if I give in, then I probably wouldn’t be happy. Don’t get me wrong, I love Siwon, but as a brother.

    “If we’re going to get married one day, we have to start dating, don’t we?” He asked.

    “W-Well, I-I mean-”

    He put his face closer to mine again, “So why not start now?”

    “Aish! Siwon, look I… I just-”

    “I know what it is… You’re scared. You’re scared that I’ll hurt you.” He interrupted, “I promise you I won’t. I really do like you Kyuhyun. You’ve know that since we were little. I’ll never stop liking you and I’ll do whatever it takes to make you be mine.”

    “A-Anything?” I questioned.

    He nodded slightly, “Anything.”



 

    That day is forever tattooed in my head. I know I won’t forget it and I also know that he won’t forget our promise… Also the whole thing with Kibum was a lie. Why do you think Kibum broke up with Siwon?


 

 

    “You like him, don’t you?”

    I looked from Kibum, over to Siwon and nodded slightly, “Yes. I do.”

    Siwon gave me an angry/hurt look before immediately standing up and walking in Kibum’s direction.

    “S-Siwon!” I stood and watched him as he walked over toward Kibum.

    I watched the two talk for a moment and then felt something inside me hurt when suddenly they hugged. I did like Kibum, but it was only a small crush.

I went home that night and called Siwon, yelling, “What the hell!? You knew I liked him! So you asked him out!?”

“It’s for the best.” Was all he said.

“What’s for the best! Just because you like me, you don’t have to ruin my damn life!”

    The line suddenly went dead.



 

    When Kibum found out, he broke up with Siwon, right in front of me.



 

    “Kibum…” Siwon said.

    “No. I know everything. It’s not right that you used me to get what you want when it’s right in front of you.” Kibum replied to him.

    “But-”

    Kibum stood up, “It’s been nice, but I think we need to break up.” He turned toward me, “Good luck.”

    Kibum walked off and Siwon bust into a fake cry. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh Kyuhyun! What am I going to do!?" He cried.



 

And that’s when he found Sungmin. I only wonder why he made me ‘stalk’ Sungmin. Just as I was thinking, my phone went off. I looked at the Caller ID and saw that it was Sungmin. Wow, speaking of…

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hey.” He replied quietly.

I looked up at the clock on my wall and saw that it was… Woah! It’s two in the morning!!

“Sungmin, why are you calling me at two in the morning!?”

“I can’t b-be with you K-Kyuhyun.” He replied.

“What!?” I sat up in my bed, “What are you talking about?”

I heard no answer for a moment.

“Sungmin!?” I shouted into the phone.

“K-Kyuhyun I… I-I… I’m scared…”

“What did he do to you?”

    “I miss you.” He said finally.

    I jumped out of my bed and grabbed a shirt that was lying around, throwing it over my head, “Sungmin, I’ll be at your house in a minute.”

    “N-No! You c-can’t!”

    “I love you.”

    I hung up on him and raced downstairs quietly, though I was stopped by my sister who was in the kitchen getting a glass of water.

    “Kyuhyunnie?” She asked, “What are you doing?”

    I looked at her, “Whatever you do, don’t tell mom and dad that I’m gone. Okay?”

    She put her hands on her hips, “What do I get in return?”

    “I’ll take you shopping or something! Just, please?”

    She nodded quickly and I retreated from the house. I ran toward my car and started it quickly. Driving down the road, a million thoughts ran through my head. What did Siwon do to Sungmin? I shook the thoughts out of my head, seeing as I almost drove into another car. When I finally got to Sungmin’s house, I retreated from my car and ran toward his house.

I hesitated before opening the door. I looked around the dark house before spotting some stairs that lead upstairs. I remembered that Sungmin had a balcony connected to his room, so I quietly walked up the stairs. I looked down the hall and saw one room with lights on, behind a closed door. Tiptoeing toward that door, I quietly knocked.

“U-Umma.. I-I’m f-fine…” I heard Sungmin sniffle behind the door, “P-Please don’t come in…”

I tried to turn the door knob, but noticed the door was locked.

“Umma… P-Please… Just leave me alone.” He said.

I quietly sighed and leaned my back against the door. I slid down the door and sat on the floor, pulling my knees closer to me. At least I can tell he’s safe in his room right now.

I heard Sungmin sniffle a bit before speaking to himself, “E-Even if you try to reach out to someone, n-no one can save you.”

I looked at the ground confused.

“T-Those words… W-Why does he have to b-be so mean…? What have I gotten myself into!?” He began crying harder, “K-Kyuhyun, i-if I never see you again, I-I… I-I’m sorry…”

At those words, I felt something inside me snap. I stood up and pounded on Sungmin’s door, not caring if anyone else in the house woke up.

“AH!” I heard Sungmin scream.

“Sungmin! Please it’s me!” I shouted.

I immediately heard hesitant footsteps coming toward the door, and the sound of unlocking. The door opened and I saw Sungmin standing there, eyes red and puffy, tears falling.

“Kyuh-”

“Sungminnie!? What’s with all the noise!?” We heard his mother.

Sungmin quickly grabbed me by the collar and dragged me inside his room, closing and locking the door behind him.

“N-Nothing Umma!” Sungmin said through the door, “Sorry to wake you!”

After a moment, we heard his mother’s bedroom door close again, meaning she had gone back to bed.

I looked at him, “Sungmin I-”

“I told you not to come.” He replied.

I ignored him, “What is all this, ‘no one can save you’ !?”

He blinked and a few more tears fell from his eyes. Sungmin didn’t answer the question. Instead, he walked around me and sat down on his bed. I watched him as he grabbed something from a drawer on his bedside table. It was a tape recorder and a note.

“This.” Sungmin said as he placed the tape in his stereo and pushed the play button.

“Hello Sungmin. You see, this is not something I wanted to do, but breaking up with me, for Kyuhyun? Perhaps you don’t understand… Kyuhyun is mine.”

“Siwon….” I said quietly.

“And if he belongs to me, I can’t have someone like you messing up our relationship. But I know that Kyuhyun will only continue to chase you, so theres only one way to save Kyuhyun and I’s relationship and that’s to kill you.”

I looked from the stereo, up to Sungmin, shocked.

“Even if you try to reach out to someone, no one can save you now. You don’t realize it, but you’re trapped. I won’t tell you when it will happen and I won’t tell you how. All you need to do is be prepared, because your last day on earth is nearing closer and closer. I encourage you to remember the last thing that Kyuhyun tells you and cherish it, because you’ll never hear or see him again. You just better hope he means it.”

The tape stopped and Sungmin stared at the ground, “You know, even if he does k-kill me, atleast I have the decency to say, I met you, the love of my life.”

I felt so much anger from the tape the Siwon left, but hearing those words from Sungmin calmed me down a bit. I slowly moved to sit down next to Sungmin and patted my lap, telling him to sit there. When he did, I wrapped my arms around him from behind and turned his head to look at me. A few tears fell from his eyes. I cupped his face in my hands and wiped away his tears with my thumbs. He looked away from me and back down at the floor.

I placed my chin on his shoulder and took a deep breath, letting it go, “I want you to listen to me, okay?”

Sungmin nodded slightly.

“I’ve known Siwon my entire life. When we were younger, he made a promise that we would one day get married. For years, he’s been trying to date me, or make me jealous with someone else. Seeing me happy with someone, hurts him. So me, being with you, he hates. That’s why he left you that message. He dated you so that he could keep you away from me and make me jealous. It’s the same thing he did to his last boyfriend. It pains me to see my best friend acting this way, but it pains me even more to see how he’s effecting you.” I said to Sungmin.

He looked up at me and sniffled a bit, wiping away some of his tears with his sleeve.

“I know you’re scared. I don’t blame you, I’m even scared of my own best friend. How crazy is that?” I looked him straight in the eyes, “No matter what, I’m going to stand by your side and with me there, you’re not going to die. I can promise you that.”

“H-How do you k-know…?” Sungmin asked slightly, “H-He already h-has a plan…”

“Sungmin,” I started, “I’m his best friend. I’m always one step ahead of him.”

Sungmin sniffled once more before leaning his head on my shoulder, whispering, “T-Thank you…”

I lightly kissed the top of his head, “How about we go to sleep?”

He looked up at me, “H-Huh!? But what if he c-comes in the night and…. W-Wait! I can’t sleep with you yet, we only started dating yesterday and-”

I cut him off by kissing his lips. When I pulled away, he blinked at me innocently.

“He won’t come. He’s afraid of heights and besides, your door’s locked, he can’t get in. And don’t worry, I can sleep on the floor if it will make you feel better.” I replied to him.

Sungmin softly smiled at me, and then let out a cute little yawn. I silently chuckled at him and made him lay down in his bed, tucking him in.

“Do you have any spare blankets?” I asked.

He nodded and pointed toward the closet, “Top shelve.”

I headed toward the closet and grabbed one of the blankets, then went to turn off the light. I laid down on the floor, wrapping myself in the blanket.

I closed my eyes, “Good night Min.”

“G-Good night.” He softly replied.

I smiled to myself before slowly drifting off to sleep. The beautiful dreamland came to whisk me away, until I was awoken by Sungmin grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers. I opened my eyes and looked up at him. He was still laying in his bed, only his arm, draping off the side, intertwined with mine. I smiled and brought his hand close to my lips, giving it a slight peck before finally drifting off into a deep sleep.



 

I’ll protect you Sungmin, if it’s the last thing I do.



 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I know what you’re thinking, “IT’S ABOUT TIME YOU UPDATED!” Haha Sorry for the wait! I wanted to update a few times, but I was totally focused on school! I was (well still kinda am) failing 2 classes, so I had to make those up, then I had some family issues and then I got sick. It’s just been crazy lately. But I finally finished this chapter! Woo!! So I hope you all enjoy it! Thankyu to all my Commenters, Readers, Subscribers, and Upvoters! It means a lot!! See you all soon!!(: