Chapter 4

Hello My Name Is Cho Kyuhyun And I'll Be Your Stalker

“Y-You’re what?” Sungmin asked with slight tears forming in his eyes.

“I’m breaking up with you.” Siwon said, “I was only dating you to make Kibum jealous and get him back. You’re nothing to me. You’re worthless. Why would anyone fall for you?”

Tears streamed down Sungmin’s face, “No, p-please, I love you!”

I stared at the scene with tears slowly forming in my eyes. Sungmin fell to the ground as Siwon and Kibum walked away together. I stayed staring at Sungmin. I walked toward him and placed my hand on his shoulder.

He looked up at me angrily, “You! This is all your fault! You knew all about Siwon’s plan and you did nothing to help me! You were just feeding him information from me!! How could you Cho Kyuhyun!? I HATE YOU!!!”



 

At those three words being shouted, I shot up from my bed screaming, “NO!!”

I breathed heavily for a minute and opened my eyes, seeing that was just dreaming. I picked up my alarm clock and looked at the time. It was only four o’clock in the morning. I took a deep breath and let it go. Why was that a nightmare for me? Who cares what Sungmin thinks about me? I sighed and saw that I wasn’t getting back to sleep, so I stayed up until it was time to go to school.

By the time I got to school, I was so tired. I didn’t want to do anything today. I slept during the first half of school and by the time lunch came, I was still too tired to do anything. I slowly headed toward the bushes I usually hide behind so I can listen to Sungmin. I instantly laid my jacket out on the wet, melting snow and laid down on my jacket. I silently stayed there for awhile until Sungmin and Donghae came to their regular table. I closed my eyes and listened to them for a bit.

“So I have great news!” Donghae said.

“What’s that?” Sungmin asked.

“Eunhyuk and I are officially dating!!” Donghae replied happily.

“That’s great!!” Sungmin smiled.

“Yeah!! Now you just need to get someone special in your life so we can go on a double date!” Donghae said.

“Y-Yeah…” Sungmin said with a bit of a sad tone in his voice.

“What’s wrong?” Donghae questioned.

“Oh, n-nothing…”

“You like someone.. Don’t you!?” Donghae said.

“What!? No! I already told you I don’t!” Sungmin shouted a bit.

“Alright, no need to yell!”

I still had my eyes closed and I felt close to sleep taking over. I guess I had fallen asleep for a few minutes or so because I heard my name being questioned.

“Kyuhyun?”

I opened my eyes and saw Sungmin’s face a bit close to mine. I screamed and then covered my mouth.

“S-Sorry for waking you… But… Why are you sleeping in the bushes?” Sungmin asked.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes a bit before yawning, “I-I wasn’t…”

Sungmin laughed and helped me stand up. He brushed off some dirt that was on my shoulders and looked up into my eyes. I looked behind him and saw his friend Donghae staring at me confused.

“Would you like to join us for lunch?” Sungmin asked me, smiling.

I blinked a few times before replying, “S-Sure…”

Sungmin stepped over the bushes and I gathered my things before following him. He sat down at the table and I sat next to him, setting my things down.

“Donghae, this is Kyuhyun.” Sungmin smiled, “He’s a friend of mine.”

Donghae glared at me before looking the other way. Sungmin noticed and kicked Donghae under the table.

Donghae looked toward me and held out his hand, “Lee Donghae.”

I slowly shook his hand, “Cho Kyuhyun.”

Donghae quickly retreated his hand and it got a bit awkward again. Sungmin quietly ate while Donghae and I looked separate ways. After a moment or so, I watched as a blonde haired boy came running toward the table we were at.

“Hae!!” The blonde haired man shouted with a smile on his face.

“Hyukkie!!” Donghae replied and stood up.

Donghae ran toward the boy and hugged him. When they pulled away, they sat down across from Sungmin and I.

“Sungmin, I’d like you to meet Eunhyuk!” Donghae said happily, then got a bit shy, “My boyfriend…”

Sungmin laughed, “Donghae, you don’t need to be shy about saying that!” He turned to Eunhyuk, “Hi, I’m Lee Sungmin, Donghae’s best friend.”

Eunhyuk smiled, “Nice to meet you! And this must be your boyfriend?”

Eunhyuk pointed to me. My eyes instantly became wide and Sungmin began choking on his food.

Once he straightened himself out at stopped coughing, he looked at Eunhyuk, his face bright red, “K-Kyuhyun’s not my b-boyfriend.”

“Yeah!” I replied, “I’m y Free and Single, thank you very much.”

“Oh, I’m so sorry for the mistake!” Eunhyuk went to bow, but forgot he was at a table and hit his head on it, “Ow…”

Donghae chuckled a bit, “Hyuk, you’re at a table remember?”

Eunhyuk nodded, “Now I do…”

I looked over at Sungmin and he looked up at me awkwardly.

“Anyways,” Eunhyuk started, “What kind of a person do you like Sungmin?”

“What do you mean?” Sungmin asked.

“Like your ideal type person.”

Boy, Eunhyuk’s just making my job easier!

Sungmin thought about the question for a moment or so before responding, “Hmm… Well I like someone who can make me laugh. Someone who will just like me for who I am, not someone who would date me because they’re lonely. You know?”

Eunhyuk nodded and I sunk down on the bench. Well, Siwon’s not gonna like that…

“And how about you?”

I looked up at Eunhyuk confused, “M-Me?”

Eunhyuk nodded and smiled, “What kind of a person do you like?”

I shrugged a bit, “I’m not really into love.”

Eunhyuk gave me a blank look, “Come on, there’s gotta be some type of person you like!!”

I sighed, “Do I have to answer?”

Eunhyuk nodded and so did Donghae. I looked over at Sungmin and he stared at me waiting for my answer. I thought about the question. What kind of person do I like? Hmm… Well, someone who would obviously love me back. They can’t be as sarcastic as I am. They have to be cute, and funny, and sweet, and- I noticed that I was still looking at Sungmin.

I looked back toward Eunhyuk and simply said, “No one.”

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes, Donghae groaned, and Sungmin sighed. I averted my eyes from everyone at the table and looked over toward the water fountain. I saw Siwon waving his arms around, frantically toward me.

I looked back at everyone before standing up, “Excuse me. I need to go.”

I grabbed my backpack and jacket, then headed toward Siwon. He stopped waving his arms when he saw me walking toward him.

“Hey! I saw you talking to him! Did you finally get some details?” He asked.

I nodded slightly, “He likes someone who can make him laugh and like him for… Who he is…”

Siwon looked at me, “Boy you say that so sadly! Well, what’s his personality like?”

I looked over at him, “He’s funny, sweet…” My voice trailed off.

“Huh. Well I can’t say that I like him for who he is, but I guess I’ve got enough information. He’ll do just fine as my new boyfriend! Well you know, just until Kibum comes running back to me.” Siwon said.

He patted me on the back and then began heading toward Sungmin’s table. I continued to stare at Sungmin. Why do I feel so bad about this? Sungmin’s never been in love and he’s going to get his heart broken and it’s all my fault… But… Why do I care? I’m finally done with him. I don’t need to stalk him or be his friend anymore, right? Well why does my heart hurt a bit? Cho Kyuhyun, you better not be changing. Just let things be now. It’s finally over Kyuhyun… Just like you wanted.



 

________________________________________________________________________________________


 

I arrived to school the next day and the first thing I saw was Siwon and Sungmin walking around together. They weren’t holding hands or anything yet, so I knew they hadn’t started dating. I sighed and before I could turn around, Sungmin noticed me.

“Kyuhyun!!” Sungmin shouted.

I quickly turned around and began walking away. I could hear him running after me, so I quickened my pace a bit.

“Kyuhyun! Wait!!” Sungmin said.

I continued quickly walking, but eventually he caught up to me. He stood in front of me and smiled.

“Why did you turn away?” He asked.

I looked at him with anger and walked around him, “Leave me alone.”

Sungmin stood there for a moment, “But… Kyuhyun…”

I continued walking and that’s how the rest of the day went for me. I ignored Sungmin and Siwon for the whole day, even after school when Siwon called me a bunch of times. I only turned off my phone and threw it somewhere else in my room, laying on my stomach on my bed. By the time the next day came by and I passed Sungmin, the same thing happened. He’d say hi and I’d only walk away. It went on like that for a few days until eventually he stopped talking to me completely. I had finally gotten rid of him… Or so I thought.

When the dreadful Monday came along and I got to school, someone immediately grabbed my wrist and began dragging me off. I couldn’t see the person’s face, but I knew it was Sungmin. He dragged me into Mr. Choi’s room and closed the door behind us. Before I could say something, I found myself being pinned against the door with a cold hand slapping my face.

"Oww!"

“What the hell is wrong with you lately!?” Sungmin asked.

I blinked a few times, but didn’t answer.

“Do you think this is a game!?” Sungmin shouted.

“Huh?”

Sungmin looked into my eyes, “You can’t just make someone fall for you and then leave them!”

“What the hell are you talking about?” I questioned.

He stared at me for a moment before releasing me and turning his back toward me, faintly saying, “Me.”

I stared at the back of his head and waited for him to continue, but he didn’t. I heard a soft sniffle and walked toward him a bit.

“S-Sungmin, are you-”

My words were cut off by Sungmin suddenly turning around, running around me, opening the door and leaving the room. It was now quiet. The only sound was the cold, empty, silence. I thought about Sungmin’s words all day. I was going to ask him what he meant in Biology, but he wasn’t there. I stared at the door the whole period, just waiting for him to walk in, but he never did. When school ended, I asked his friend Donghae where he might be and he told me to get out of his face... I called Siwon to see if he knew, but he didn’t answer his phone. He only texted me back saying, “I’m at the movies with him.”

I swallowed a lump that was in my throat. I needed to talk to him, but not when he’s with my best friend… I headed home and my parents asked about my bad mood, though I just told them it was nothing and went upstairs to my bedroom. I tried to take a nap but I was thinking so much that I couldn’t. I needed to talk to Sungmin, ASAP. I looked at the clock and saw that it was eleven o’clock. By now, everyone in my house was sleeping, but I needed to talk to him and I wasn’t going to let anything stop me.

I snuck out of the house and out to my car, driving off to Sungmin’s house. The first thing I did when I got there was look up to Sungmin’s balcony. His bedroom light was shining through the curtains. I got out of my car and walked closer to the house, still staring up at the balcony. I picked up at rock and was about to throw it when I saw the doors open. I panicked and jumped toward the nearest bush, hiding in it. I still had a perfect view of Sungmin’s balcony and Sungmin who was now leaning on the railing.

I heard him sigh, “Love is so new to me, but it’s also complicated. I know I tend to tell everyone different and live a lie from everyone, but I do like someone. The someone that can accept me for who I am. The only person I like...”

I stared at him waiting for him to continue.

“… Choi Siwon.”

I suddenly felt a pang in my heart. I stared at him with my mouth slightly a gape. Sungmin slightly smiled up at the sky. I can’t believe it. Siwon actually got Sungmin to fall for him. It actually worked... But I still feel terrible. I know that Siwon doesn’t want him. He’s just using Sungmin. B-But what do I care...? Y-Yeah! Now I don't have to deal with him. I can go on with my life and have no troubles at all!

When I returned home, I ignored my parents and Ara's questions as to why I was late. I immediately headed upstairs without saying a word. I stripped into my boxers and laid down in my bed. Just when sleep was about to take over my tired body, my phone began ringing.

Without looking at the screen, I answered it, “Yobosayo?”

“We’re dating! It’s official!”

I didn’t have to be a genius to know that it was Siwon.

“Isn’t it great!? My plan is working out perfectly and it’s all thanks to you!! Now all I have to do it make Kibum jealous, then I can dump the kid! Thank you so much I just-”

“Stop!” I shouted suddenly.

“Huh?” Siwon asked from the other line.

I gripped my phone tighter and took a deep breath, “Don’t you think it’s bad that you’re just using him?”

Siwon took a minute before replying, “Well, not really. I mean, what would you do?”

“Not this!” I replied.

“Why are you getting so defensive!?” Siwon shouted through the phone, “He’s just a nobody!”

“Well... So am I!” I shouted back.

Siwon was quiet for a moment, but then spoke again, “K-Kyuhyun… Look, what I said all those years ago… I… Y-You know I didn’t mean it…”

“Whatever, that’s not the point. You’re going to hurt him.”

“Well it’s not like he’s never been hurt before right?” Siwon asked.

“Ugh! Siwon, you… Can’t do this to him!” I shouted.

“And why not!? Why are you siding with that kid and not your best friend!?” Siwon shouted back.

I stayed quiet.

“You’re in love with him… Aren’t you…?” Siwon asked.

“What!? You’re crazy!” I replied.

“No, you are. And you know what, you can’t have him. He’s my boyfriend now. I can keep his heart or break it. And you have no choice but to stand back and just watch.”

I stared blankly at my wall as I heard Siwon hang up the line. I need to save Sungmin somehow… Even if it means... Falling in love with my best friends boyfriend...


 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hi guys!(: Sorry I haven’t updated for a bit, but I’m back!(: I was stuck on how to finish this chapter, I seriously wrote like 20 defferent endings for it until I found one that I finally liked haha! That’s why it’s so late :P Anyways, I’ve reached so many Subscribers already!! I want to thank you all so much!!(: So, Thankyu to my Commenters, Readers, Subscribers, and Upvoters!! It means a lot! Well, I’ll see you all soon!!(: