Chapter 3

Hello My Name Is Cho Kyuhyun And I'll Be Your Stalker

    Sunday, January 14th, 2014. It’s been snowing since last night and there is still no sign of Sungmin. I’ve been waiting at the movie theatre for about an hour now. I sighed and stood up. If he’s not coming, then I’m leaving. I began walking toward my car but before I could open the door, I heard my name being called.

    “Kyuhyun!! Wait!!”

    I turned around and saw Sungmin running toward me. He was wearing a grey sweatshirt that went a passed his legs a bit, with a big red scarf and black jeans. I stepped away from my car a bit and Sungmin caught up to me. He stopped running when he got in front of me, but slipped on the ice on the ground he almost fell face first, but I quickly caught him. He regained balance and the first thing he did when he looked up was make eye contact with me. We stared at each other for a moment until he realized he was still in my arms.

He pulled away quickly, “T-Thank you…”

“Y-You’re welcome…” I coughed awkwardly, “So um, where is you friend?”

“Huh? Oh! Um… H-He uh… Had a doctor’s appointment, so it’s just you and me…. If… That’s alright?”

I nodded, “Yeah, t-that’s fine…”

Sungmin gave me a soft smile and then walked around me. I stayed back and stared at the smaller boy. Did he always smell that good?

He turned around and looked at me, “Are you coming?”

I snapped out of my thoughts and followed Sungmin into the theatre. We looked at all the movie choices and Sungmin decided that we see a scary movie. It was called, "INSIDIOUS"

Scary movies have never really frightened me before, but the jump scares in this movie almost killed me. The first twenty minutes I was tightly holding onto the armrest of my chair, but eventually I ended up holding Sungmin's arm. It wasn't until the end of the movie when I realized it.

“Um… Kyuhyun… Can you um… Please release my arm… I-It’s hurting…” Sungmin said.

I opened my eyes and saw that the movie was over, the credits were finishing rolling and everyone was pretty much gone. Sungmin and I were the last ones, still in our seats. I looked up at him and he blinked a few times confused as to why I wasn’t pulling away.

I quickly released his arm, “S-Sorry…”

Sungmin laughed a bit, “It’s alright, I just never thought someone like you would be afraid of something so simple as a scary movie!”

“I… I-I was not scared!!” I replied.

“Kyuhyun, you held onto me the whole time!” Sungmin laughed.

“Did not.”

“Alright whatever you say..” Sungmin replied.

We were silent for a minute, but suddenly Sungmin turned around quickly yelling, “BOO!”

I screamed and jumped, putting my hands over my face as a defense shield. Sungmin just laughed and stood up, heading toward the door.

I ran after him and when I finally caught up to him I said, “Not funny.”

He smiled, “Please, that was hilarious!”

I blushed a bit and tried to hide it by looking the other way. Though Sungmin noticed it.

“You’re blushing too? Wow.” Sungmin joked.

“Am not!” I replied.

Sungmin laughed again, “Alright, alright, calm down! I’m just messing with you!”

We both headed out of the movie theatre and saw that it was really dark outside. After all, it was already seven o’clock. We looked up at the stars and the moon. It was really pretty tonight.

“Well, I guess I should start heading home.” Sungmin said.

I watched as Sungmin began to walk away before my mouth started talking on it’s own, “Wait!”

Sungmin stopped and turned around, “Yes?”

“Do you… Want a ride?” I questioned.

Sungmin thought for a moment, “Well I don’t want to be too much trouble….”

“Y-You’re not.” I replied, “T-Take my offer or leave it!”

Sungmin smiled and nodded. We both headed toward my car and got in. I drove out of the movie theatre parking lot and toward Sungmin’s house. He really does live far away from the movie theatre. Why didn’t he get a ride?

“You know I could’ve given you a ride to the movie theatre…” I said.

Sungmin looked up at me, then back out the window, “That’s alright… I like walking.”

I looked over at him and he seemed a bit sad. I looked back to the road, “You okay?”

“H-Huh? Oh, yeah. I’m fine.” Sungmin replied, “Thank you for coming with me.”

“Anytime.” I replied.

Sungmin took a moment before saying something, “R-Really?”

I stopped at a red light and looked at him, “Really what?”

“You said ‘Anytime.’ Does that mean you don’t hate me and there’ll be a next time?” Sungmin asked.

I thought about what he said. I don’t hate him, but I don’t know if there can be a next time. He’ll soon be dating Siwon, besides, I have no intention of making anymore friends. I’m only spending time with him so I can get to know him and let him be with Siwon.

*BEEP*

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the car behind me honk. I looked up at the light and saw that it was green. I flipped off the car behind me before driving again. I was a bit aggravated, seeing that I let my thoughts get to me in the middle of a road. But truthfully, I can’t become any closer to him. I just need to finish figuring things out about him, so I can finally get him out of my life and Siwon can be happy.

“Kyuhyun, you never answered my-”

“No.” I said.

Sungmin blinked a few times before sinking into his seat, “O-Oh… Okay… S-Sorry I asked…”

I looked over at him and he was staring out the window again. I sighed and continued focusing on the road again. We both stayed quiet the rest of the way to his house and when we finally got there, Sungmin immediately grabbed the door handle, ready to open the door when I stopped him.

“Sungmin,” I started, “Can I ask you something?”

Sungmin slowly released the door handle and nodded, “S-Sure.”

“Do you… Would… No… Could you ever… Like a.. Guy…?” I whispered that last part.

Sungmin looked at me, “A male? Like in… Love?”

I blushed but slowly nodded. This was awkward to talk about, but I needed to know so I can tell Siwon whether or not he’s gay.

Sungmin thought before replying, “Well, if it’s love, I won’t stop it from happening. I can’t control who I like, even if it is a male.”

I stayed quiet. Is that a yes?

“Why do you ask?”

I knew that question was coming…

I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly, “Well I uh, need to know for my um… History project…?”

Sungmin stared at me confused, “History? But we have the same teacher. We didn’t get a project like that…”

I thought again, “Um.. E-Extra credit…?”

Sungmin thought about what I was saying though confusion was still written on his face when he looked up at me, “You’re really strange. You know that?”

I looked over at him.

He smiled a bit, “In the good way.”

I continued to stare at him as he softly smiled at me. After a moment or so of staring, he looked away. He looked like he was in deep thought about something.

He merely only sighed before saying, “Good night Kyuhyun.”

Sungmin got out of the car and headed up the driveway and stairs, into his house, not taking even a small glance back. I stayed in the driveway of his house, not being able to drive away. I just stared blankly at the light snow that was falling on my windshield.

 

You’re really strange. In the good way.

 

Those words Sungmin had just told me continued to replay in my head and I wasn’t sure why… Was that a compliment? Was it an insult? Was that Sungmin’s way of telling me we had become friends? What did he mean by that?

I looked up at his house and saw a light on the second floor turn on through the white curtains over that glass door that lead to the balcony. I assumed that, that was Sungmin’s room. I sighed and started my car, heading straight to my house. When I arrived, my mother and father were watching television.

“Hi honey!” My mother said.

“Hi.” I replied and looked around, “Where’s Ara?”

“She’s spending the night at Yuri’s tonight.” My father said.

I nodded, “Alright, well I’m gonna head off to bed.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to join us?” My mother asked.

I shook my head, “I’m really tired. Sorry.”

“That’s alright. Have a good night!” My mother replied.

I nodded and headed upstairs to my room. I threw off my shirt and pants before climbing into bed. I the lamp on my bedside table and texted Siwon.

 

To: HorseBoySiwon

 

Sungmin likes anyone he falls for, no matter what gender.

 

From: GaemGyu


 

To: GaemGyu

 

SWEET!! :D But I thought you weren’t with him today?

 

From: HorseBoySiwon


 

To: HorseBoySiwon

 

I wasn’t. He posted it on Facebook.

 

From: GaemGyu


 

To: GaemGyu

 

Awesome! This is perfect!! Thanks buddy!! Can’t wait for tomorrow to find out more stuff! If you can find out what he likes in a person, I can start dating him! So try to find out as much as you can tomorrow!! Okay?(:

 

From: HorseBoySiwon


 

To: HorseBoySiwon

 

Yeah, yeah. G’night.

 

From: GaemGyu


 

I turned off my phone and set it next to my bed and turning off my lamp. I sighed and stared at my ceiling. I just wish this would all be over so I can live a normal life again and Siwon can be happy once more.


 

______________________________________________________________________

A/N: WOO 50 SUBSCRIBERS ALREADY!?! You guys rock! Haha!! Thankyu to all my Commenters, Readers, Subscribers, and Upvoters! It means a lot!! :D