Chapter 1

Hello My Name Is Cho Kyuhyun And I'll Be Your Stalker

Okay, this isn't what it looks like.. I'm not a stalker! Promise! Its my stupid creepy best friend that put me up to this! It all happened, a little over twenty minutes ago…



 

"Oh Kyuhyun! What am I going to do!?" My best friend Siwon cried.

I shrugged, "I don't know."

Siwon suddenly stood up, "That's it! I’ll find a new boyfriend!!"

I looked up at him, "What!? But you and Kibum just broke up literally only five minutes ago!"

"I know, but think about it! I can show him how quickly I've moved on!!" Siwon said.

"I don't like this. All your plans usually involve me doing something stupid! Remember the Narnia incident? Everyone made fun of me for ‘coming out of the closet’!"

Siwon crouched behind the stone wall and looked around the school campus, "Shhh quiet Cho, I'm looking for my new boyfriend!"

I rolled my eyes, "This is a stupid idea.”

“There!” He shouted.

“Whe-” I was interrupted when Siwon pulled me down to crouch behind the wall also.

“Right there.” Siwon pointed at a short boy with light brown hair.

“Him? Why him?” I questioned.

“He’s beautiful!” Siwon replied.

“Well what if he has a girlfriend? Or a boyfriend… Or what if he’s not gay?” I regretted everything I had sad at that moment and I covered my mouth.

“Exactly. That’s why you’re going to find out for me!”

I stood up, “ME-”

Siwon covered my mouth and pulled me back down behind the wall, “Shhh! Yes you! You’re going to follow him around and see what he’s like, then report everything back to me!”

I moved Siwon’s hand off of my mouth, “You’re crazy! What makes you think I want to do this!?”

Siwon gave me a puppy dog face, “Please! You’re my best friend! You’ve gotta help me!”

I rolled my eyes.

“I’ll pay you.”

I looked back up at Siwon, “... How much are we talking?”



 

And that’s how this all started. Now I’m here in the damn bushes staring at the boy like a mad stalker! I sighed and sat down on the dirt, listening to the conversation going on between the light brown haired boy and a dark brown haired man.

“I’m tellin’ ya, there is no way he would ever notice me!” The dark brown haired one said.

“Oh come on Donghae,” The light brown haired one said, “You’ve just gotta go talk to him, that’s all!”

“I can’t!” The dark brown haired one named Donghae replied.

“Sure you can! This is high school! You can do anything!” The light brown haired one replied.

The one called Donghae took a deep breath and stood up, “Yeah! You’re right!!” He quickly sat back down, “Except talk to your crush.”

The light brown haired one rolled his eyes.

“Think about it Sungmin, haven’t you ever tried to talk to your crush before?” Donghae asked.

Ah, so his name is Sungmin. Better write that down. I took out a small notepad and pen from my backpack and wrote down his name. Jesus, maybe I am a true stalker…

“Nope. I don’t get crushes on people.” Sungmin replied.

Oh great, well how am I supposed to help Siwon get this guy if he doesn’t fall in love?

“Never?” Donghae asked.

“Never.” Sungmin clarified.

Donghae sighed before standing up once again, “Alright. I’m gonna go talk to him!”

“You can do it!” Sungmin replied happily.

Donghae nodded before heading off toward a blonde haired boy.

Sungmin watched and sighed before saying to himself, “Ah, young love.”

I sighed, how many days am I gonna have to watch this kid?

Sungmin fished through his backpack and continued talking to himself, “Me, fall in love. Ha! That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard of.”

I watched as Sungmin pulled out a flip phone with a fuzzy pink case and looked at the screen started texting of something.

“Great, he’s girly.” I mumbled.

But I guess I had said it too loudly and Sungmin had heard me.

He slowly stood up, “H-Hello? W-Who’s there!?”

I stayed perfectly still. I knew I had been caught and it’ll all be over in a moment. Sungmin walked closer to the bushes and I closed my eyes, preparing to be caught. But then-


 

“Hey Sungmin!”


 

-Donghae came back. Sungmin looked back at his friend and walked toward the table again.

“I got his number!” Donghae said happily, “Hey, what are you looking at?”

I realized that Sungmin was still looking over at me. He can’t see me though, right? I think I’m nicely hidden!

“Huh?” Sungmin asked and looked back at his friend, “N-Nothing. Just a… Bird, but that’s awesome! Congratulations!”

Donghae smiled at him and the bell went off, telling everyone that lunch was over.

“Oh darn!” Donghae said, “I’ve gotta leave first Sungmin! If I’m late one more time, Mr. Kim said he’ll give me Saturday school! And I can’t miss this Saturday! We’re going to that concert!”

“Oh yeah! You go ahead.” Sungmin replied.

“Alright! See ya!”

Donghae headed off and Sungmin packed all his things back into his bag. Hey, you know what, I think Sungmin and I have the same class together… Hmm… Maybe I can learn more about him in there! Yeah! He always sits in the back of the class with no one else around him. This will be perfect!!


 

… Wow I really am a stalker…



 

________________________________________________________________________________________



 

I raced down the halls trying to find my class. As usual I’m late, but this time it’s because of that Sungmin kid! I couldn’t just randomly stand up from the bushes and casually walk off while he was still standing close by, so I had to wait until he left so I could finally stand up. By that time, it was already close to the bell ringing for a second time, so it doesn’t matter much. I’m always late to this class anyway. I opened the door to the classroom and everyone immediately looked up.

“Kyuhyun, nice of you to join us.” The teacher said.

I bowed and then looked around for a seat. My usual seat is somewhere in the middle, but I saw that some bratty girls took my spot. I looked for my other best friend/seatmate, Changmin and saw that he was sitting in the back of the room, the long table next to Sungmin… Perfect… There were two chairs to a table and two tables in a row all the way up to the front of the room. I walked toward the back and looked at Changmin. He was sitting near the isle, but so was Sungmin on the opposite side of me.

“Scoot over.” I whispered to Changmin.

“What? Why? There is a perfectly good chair next to me.” My best friend replied.

“Dude move!” I pushed him until he finally got out of the chair and moved to the next seat.

The teacher turned around and looked at us, “Is there a problem Mr. Cho?”

I sat up straight and shook my head, “Nope. No problem at all sir.”

The teacher turned around and continued teaching while Changmin looked at me weird and whispered, “What’s so special about that seat anyways?”

“I…” I thought for a moment, “I… Get motion sickness when I don’t have the seat next to the isle….”

Changmin gave me a weird look, “Motion sickness?”

I nodded slightly, “It’s… A condition…”

I looked over at Sungmin who was holding a pink fuzzy pen in his hand. He wasn’t taking notes or anything, he was just leaning his head on his left arm, blanking staring at the front of the class.

“Oh, I know what this is about.” Changmin suddenly said.

I looked at him, “What?”

Changmin looked behind me, at Sungmin, “Someone’s got a crush.”

I looked from Sungmin, back to Changmin, “I do not!”

The teacher looked at us again, “Kyuhyun, do you want detention!?”

“Sorry Mr. Choi.” I replied. When he turned back around, I smacked the back of Changmin’s head, “Thanks for getting me in trouble.”

Changmin rubbed the back of his head and laughed a bit, “Anytime.”

I sighed and looked back over at Sungmin. He continued to stare at the front of the room until he turned his head and looked at me. I immediately looked down at the blank sheet of paper in front of me. After a moment I peeked my eyes over to my right to see if he was still looking at me or not. Thank goodness he wasn’t.

So I stared at him again as he continued to just stare at the front of the classroom. His sheet of paper wasn’t filled with any notes, so I wonder how he gets all those good grades… After watching him for a few minutes, he wrote something down on the piece of paper. To my surprise, when he was finished writing, he turned and held up the paper for me to see. It read, “Do You Want Something?”

He looked at me and waited for my answer. I hesitated before slowly shaking my head and looking back down at me empty piece of paper. Jeez, I’m not good at hiding things. This is gonna be harder than I thought.

Changmin laughed silently, “Yup, you’ve definitely got a crush on him.”

I looked at him, “I do not have a crush on him. I just… Needed to borrow a pen?”

Changmin looked at me weird and that’s when something hit me.


 

No, literally hit me, in the side of the head.


 

I got hit with a chalkboard eraser. I watched as it fell onto my desk before looking up at the teacher.

“I’ve had enough of you interrupting my class. I want to see you after school. Understood?” The teacher asked.

I sighed, “Yes Mr. Choi.”

When the teacher turned around again Changmin thought it would be funny to throw the eraser back at the teacher and being the moron that he is, that’s exactly what he did. The teacher turned around slowly and angrily. Shocked, I pointed at someone close to me. Apparently, Changmin was pointing at the same person as I was.


 

Sungmin.


 

The teacher turned his attention toward the small male on my right, “Lee Sungmin, I want to see you after school also!”

Sungmin snapped out of his staring trance when he heard those words, “But Mr. Choi-”

“No buts! You and Kyuhyun, after school!” The teacher shouted.

I looked over at Sungmin and he glared at me, mouthing the words, “Thanks a lot.”

All I did was slowly look away and slam my head into the desk in misery.



 

________________________________________________________________________________________



 

“Saturday school!?” Sungmin half asked, half shouted.

I looked over at the smaller boy who was now making a scene in front of me and our teacher.

“Mr. Choi, I can’t! I have a-”

“Quiet!” Mr. Choi shouted, “Forget your plans, because you and Kyuhyun here will be spending the day in here. Sitting quietly, thinking about what you’ve done.”

I tried not to look at Sungmin, though I could feel his eyes burning a hole, deep into my soul.

The teacher gathered his things and walked with us out of the classroom, “Kyuhyun, I expected this from you, but you Sungmin… It’s already bad enough with your grade in my class.”

With his grade? I thought he was an A+ student…

“I do expect you both to do better in class tomorrow, but you still must come on Saturday. Got it?” The teacher added.

“Yes Mr. Choi.” Sungmin and I said and bowed at the same time.

“Good. Have a nice day.” He said as he walked down the hall.

When he got far enough, I found myself being pushed up against the lockers by the man smaller than me.

“Yah! What’s your problem!?” Sungmin shouted at me, “You stare at me all class period, then you get me in trouble for something I didn’t do!”

I just shrugged.

Sungmin held me tighter against the lockers, “Do you want to die!?”

I stared into his eyes, they were full of hatred, but it didn’t take long for them to turn to sadness.

He released me from the locker and paced back and forth, “Ugh, how will I tell Donghae that I can’t go to the concert!?”

As if on cue, “Hey Sungmin!! Guess who didn’t get detention!!”

Sungmin saw Donghae coming down the halls happily, “Oh …”

He looked back up at me and I shrugged again. Sungmin was panicking while I just stood there.

“Quick, do something!” Sungmin said.

I looked at him, “Why should I?”

“You got me into this mess!! Hurry before he gets closer!!” Sungmin whispered to me.

I sighed and mumbled, “The things I do for friendship…”

I grabbed Sungmin’s wrist and began running, dragging him down the hall with me. I looked back and saw Donghae chasing us. We ran until we got outside and I pulled him with me into the bushes. Donghae came outside and looked around confused.

“What if he-” I covered Sungmin’s mouth with my hand and watched Donghae closely. He looked around, but then sighed. He began walking toward a car and I watched him as he drove away. When he was finally gone, I sighed and then looked down at Sungmin. He was practically laying on top of me, with my hand over his mouth. He looked up at me and blushed before quickly scrambling to his feet.

He brushed himself off, “T-Thank you.”

I stood up also and huffed in annoyance, “You know you’ll have to tell him anyways, right?”

Sungmin watched Donghae’s car leave, “Yeah, I know. But it’s easier over the phone than it is in person.”

I slowly nodded. I looked over at Sungmin who was still staring in the direction Donghae’s car went. I noticed that he had a leaf stuck in his hair. I reached for it and he turned his head to look at me.

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“You… You have a leaf in your hair.” I replied.

Sungmin looked at me a bit disgusted and stepped back a bit. He reached his hand up to his hair and began searching for the leaf. I reached my hand up to help him again, but he stepped back again.

“I can get it!”

He still couldn’t find the leaf, so I quickly grabbed his arm, stopping him from searching.

“Y-Yah!”

I rolled my eyes before reaching my other hand up and grabbing the leaf, throwing it somewhere in the bushes. I stepped over the bushes and headed off toward my car, leaving Sungmin confused.

“Yah! W-Wait!!” Sungmin shouted after me. He caught up to me and walked by my side, “Can you take me home?”

“What!?” I stopped in my tracks and turned to look at him, “Why!?”

“Well after all, you are the one who got me into trouble and now I can’t go to the concert on Saturday!” He pouted.

“Yeah, so.” I continued walking.

He followed me, “So, you owe me!”

“Who says?”

“Well… I do!” Sungmin replied.

I pressed the button on my car keys that unlocked the car doors and walked around to the drivers side, “I don’t owe you anything. If anything, we’re even because I hid you from-”

I heard a car door slam and I looked over at Sungmin. He was no longer next to me, but in the passenger's seat of my car with his arms crossed.

I opened the door to the drivers seat and looked at him, “Are you crazy!?”

“Take me home.” He said, not even bothering to look at me.

“No.” I replied, “Get out of my ca-”

He looked at me and I swear his eyes turned red and evil, “TAKE ME HOME!”

I blinked a few times, shocked, before slowly sitting in the drivers seat of my very own car. I quietly started the car and began driving out of the school parking lot.

I drove down the street and quietly said, “W-Where do you l-live…?”

“What was that?” Sungmin asked.

“Your address..” I said a little louder, “Where do you live?”

“O-Oh… Take a left up here and then just keep going straight. I’ll tell you when you get close…” Sungmin replied less angry.

I did as I was told and took the left turn, then continued going straight. Sungmin told me when we got closer to his house and I finally stopped in front of it when we got there. The house wasn’t too big, but wasn’t too small. It was a normal sized house, but looking at him, you’d expect that.

Sungmin didn’t get out immediately. We both just sat in the car awkwardly, not saying anything. Just looking out our separate windows quietly.

Sungmin coughed awkwardly, “T-Thank you..”

I only nodded, still not looking at him. Sungmin got out of the car and I began driving away, but I got stuck in mud and my tires spun, getting mud all over Sungmin’s clothes. I pulled my foot off the pedal and realized I wasn’t in drive and that’s why my tires spun. He stared wide eyed at me, with his mouth a gape. Before he could come up to my window and practically kill me, I put my car back into drive and drove as fast as I could. When I got home, I opened the door to find my sister, mother and father playing a game of what looked like charades.

“Kyuhyun! Come join us!” My sister Ara said happily.

“I’m good.” I replied.

“Are you okay sweetie? Why are you late?” My mother asked me.

I thought for a minute, but before I could reply, my father spoke, “No wait! Don’t tell us!! Give us an action and we’ll guess it!!”

I rolled my eyes and played along. I made a sign of me in my car and the tried to give my best impression of Sungmin.

“He met a girl!” My sister said.

I shook my head.

“You found a e?” My mom asked.

I shook my head again.

“You are a girl?” My dad questioned.

I rolled my eyes and blankly said, “Traffic.”

My family all groaned in disappointment.

“You’re not supposed to give it away!!” My mother shouted.

I sighed, “Yeah, yeah.”

I headed into the kitchen and grabbed a cup, filling it with tap water from the sink. I turned around to head back into the living room, to go upstairs, but when I turned around, I saw my sister standing there. I jumped and spilled some water on me.

“Yah!” I shouted.

“Mianhae….” Ara replied.

“What do you want?” I asked.

Ara smiled and sat down on one of the stools, patting the seat next to her, telling me to sit down beside her.

I sat next to her and she gave me a soft smile before taking a deep breath and saying, “So, who’s the girl?”

I blinked a few times, “What do you mean?”

“You know, the girl you like! The one you were hinting at in charades!”

“There is no girl.” I replied.

“You expect me to believe that? Come on, don’t lie! Who’s the special lady!?”

“Ara, stop it, seriously! There’s no special lady! Alright?” I said before standing up again and walking around her.

“Alright, but you know I’ll find out if you’re lying!”

“Whatever.”

I headed out of the kitchen and went upstairs to my bedroom. Right as I step foot in the room, my cell phone began ringing, it was Siwon.

“Yobosa-”

“So what’s he like!?” Siwon intrupted.

I sighed, “Well, he likes pink things.”

“I can learn to get over that!” Siwon replied, “Anything else?”

“He’s got a bit of a temper…”

“That’s alright! So does Heechul and we get along great!”

I thought for a moment, “Heechul hates you…”

“So! Anyways, what else!?”

“That’s about it…”

Siwon groaned, “Come on Kyuhyun! You’ve gotta find out more about him before I can date him!! See what he’s like, his likes and dislikes! Become his best friend!”

“I feel more like his stalker…” I mumbled.

“Get more information tomorrow! Okay?”

“Yeah, whatever.” I replied before hanging up.

I threw myself onto my bed and sighed. I hope I don’t have to follow him around for long, or else I’m gonna end up killing myself.