To His Majesty, the Queen of the Night

Mr. Perfect
Chapter 4: To His Majesty, the Queen of the Night

-Next morning-

It was one of those days when Myungsoo thought nothing could possibly made him feel worse. For starters, school started again. It wasn’t like Myungsoo hated school or anything; on the contrary, he was pretty good at studying. He had previously ranked number one in the whole school for several years, after all. No, it was the ridiculous amount of time one had to spend at school every day. Just thinking about all the other stuff he could do (like finally figuring out where Fedora members lived) with the wasted time made him want to puke.

Moreover, he was dead tired. He spent another night tied to the stupid lamppost on the street (luckily, it didn’t rain). Even though his sister knew perfectly well that he would be going to school the next day, it made the punishment no less severe. And as a bonus, she cut of all his pocket money for two months. For two long months. Myungsoo had no idea how he’d be able to get by with no pocket money for two months. Two months!

He’d have to find a part time job if he wanted any spending money. But the issue was, Myungsoo had never worked in his life before. And if he had to work, that would mean even less time for his Hoya. He didn’t particularly like that idea, but he couldn’t figure out any other solution. It wasn’t like they hired part time stylists for idols, right? (Not to mention that Myungsoo would be a terrible stylist.)

Resignedly, Myungsoo walked through the school gate. He noticed two girls staring at him, looking as if they were about to faint. He paid them no attention and continued on his way to the teachers’ office.

The school itself was quite nice. It was definitely better equipped than Myungsoo’s last high school. The building was quite large, much larger than Myungsoo would have expected a 200-students school to be. It even had a soccer field, a tennis court, and a swimming pool attached. The interior seemed to be freshly renovated. Even the paint looked as if it was only a couple of weeks old.

With the building so large, the corridors were quite quiet. There were not nearly enough students running around. Everyone seemed to be minding their own business, something Myungsoo hadn’t been accustomed to after spending the last semester abroad. But he had no problem with it—at least, there were less people staring at him.

He found the teachers’ office in a matter of minutes. He took a look at his paper slip. ‘Ms. Jung, 301,’ it said. He found his way around the maze of desks and reached a table at the very back of the room. Myungsoo didn’t see her face as she was turned back, but she seemed to be an attractive woman in her late twenties, if he could trust his instincts. She had long wavy hair and was dressed in a white dress. She even had a bow on her head. Well, pretty teachers were usually pleasant and helpful teachers, so he shrugged his tension off.

“Excuse me, teacher?” he addressed her. “I’m Kim Myungsoo, the new transfer student to your class.”

“Myungsoo?” the teacher said. Her voice sounded pretty, too. But then she turned around, and Myungsoo almost had a heart attack.

Jung Juri xD

“Ye-yes,” Myungsoo stuttered.

“Whoa, you look even more handsome in person,” she smiled as she measured him from head to toe. “You’ll be a very fine addition to my class.”

Myungsoo did not want to know what that meant.

“Shall we go to the classroom?” she grinned wolfishly at him. Without waiting for an answer, she stood up, grabbed her books in one hand, grabbed Myungsoo’s hand in the other, and headed out of the office.

“Why-why are you holding my hand?” Myungsoo asked two octaves higher than he usually spoke.

“Well, in case you got lost,” she winked at him. She winked. For the first time in his life, Myungsoo met someone scarier than his sister Kyungran.

As they walked, every male student seemed to be steering clear of their way. Even those clearly headed in their direction suddenly turned around when they spotted Ms. Jung, as if they suddenly realized they walked in the wrong direction. Myungsoo wished he could do the same.

It almost seemed as if the teacher deliberately took the longest route possible to their classroom. She turned around corners that Myungsoo could have sworn they’d already passed by, and she even took him to a different floor. She claimed she was giving him a ‘tour’ of the school.

“And finally, this is our classroom,” she said finally after what seemed like several hours. It didn’t surprise Myungsoo much to see that the classroom was located just two halls from the teachers’ office at all at that point.

They entered the classroom together, still awkwardly (for Myungsoo, at least) holding hands. Every student in the classroom quieted down the moment they saw them enter.

“This is Kim Myungsoo, a new addition to our classroom,” Ms. Jung introduced with a gigantic grin. The majority of the class, including the boys, cheered enthusiastically. Myungsoo could hear a faint whisper from the crowd. “Finally she’ll leave me alone!”

“Hi every-everyone,” Myungsoo stuttered, flustered by the fact that the teacher was still holding his hand. “Please take care of me.”

“As long as you take care of us,” someone in the crowd shouted, and every boy in the classroom laughed. Myungsoo could only imagine that they were talking about the teacher.

“Alright,” Ms. Jung calmed the class down. “Myungsoo, go and take that empty seat over there—actually, no, don’t take that spot. Sunggyu-ah?”

“Yes, teacher?” the boy in a front seat perked up. Myungsoo couldn’t help but stare at his eyes.

“You go sit over there,” she smiled sweetly at him.

“But why?” he asked confusedly.

“You’re the class president, and you’re smart,” she replied. “I’m sure you can do well from over there. Our new student needs to be in the front row, so he can pay good attention to my lecture.”

“Su-sure,” the boy tilted his head to the side. He grabbed his backpack and went to the back of the room to sit next to… Sungjong? It was either Fedora’s maknae, or a perfect copy of him. The Sungjong-boy groaned in protest, apparently not very thrilled at the prospect of getting a table-mate.

“You go sit down there, darling,” she said and finally let go of his hand. Myungsoo didn’t think twice. He dashed to the desk as fast as he could.

“Why of all people?” his neighbor grumped. Myungsoo didn’t have a chance to look at him yet, but his voice sounded familiar. He turned around, and to his shock, the person sitting there was none other than the clerk from the music store Myungsoo had fought a couple days back.

“You?!” Myungsoo exclaimed.

“Who else?” the boy snorted and pushed his chair further away from Myungsoo.

“Now, that’s not how you should tread your new table buddy, Sungyeol-ah,” Ms. Jung reprimanded the tall boy. “Treat him nicely; or do you want to be punished the very first day of school?”

“No, no, definitely not!” Sungyeol shook his head violently, his eyes wide open.

“That’s more like it,” the teacher smiled with satisfaction. “So, shall we start our first class of the year?”

 

* * *

 

“We’re not friends,” was the first thing Sungyeol said the moment the break began. “If you don’t want to fight, let’s just ignore each other.”

“Deal,” Myungsoo nodded. He didn’t want to interact with that kid any more than needed.

He was about to turn back to his book when he noticed five girls grouping in front of his seat. He looked up at them. All five of them were very pretty, he had to admit. He’d probably date them if it wasn’t for that little problem.

The one in the middle, arguably the most elegant-looking one, spoke up when she saw him staring at her. “Am I too pretty for you? I’m this school’s goddess, Park Gyuri. Funny thing, your name is the same as my boyfriend’s, and you even look similar.”

“Are you hitting on me?” Myungsoo asked bluntly.

“What?” she snorted. “Thanks, but no thanks. My boyfriend is more than good enough. And besides, I don’t like people smarter than me.”

With that, she walked away, and her four friends followed her without a word. Those girls freaked him out a little. He hoped that that was as weird as his classmates got.

He totally jinxed that, Myungsoo thought as the Sunggyu guy appeared out of nowhere. “I’m the class president.”

Myungsoo was at loss for words. How was he supposed to reply to that statement? “I guess… please take care of me.”

“I will,” Sunggyu nodded. “Listen to me and everything will be alright for you.”

“Thank you?” Myungsoo raised an eyebrow. And he thought that his social skills were lacking…

“Yeah, just follow me and you’ll be fine,” Sunggyu nodded his head, his lips pouted. With that, he left Myungsoo’s side and went back to his seat. At least, Myungsoo thought, he wasn’t the weirdest guy in the crowd.

He spared a glance at the back of the classroom. The Sungjong-lookalike was fixing his eyeliner. Definitely something Fedora’s Sungjong would do. But what was he doing at this school? Myungsoo never cared enough to look up the idol’s high school, but he never even imagined that he’d be in the same school, lest the same class with him.

A girl suddenly jumped at Sungjong, hugging him from the behind. The idol let out a surprised shriek so high-pitched that Myungsoo could feel his eardrums cracking.

“You ruined my make-up!” Sungjong screamed at the top of his lungs.

Yes, that was definitely the Queen of the Night.




Author's Note:
I'm late by only a couple hours! Actually, it's been the 23rd only for one hour here in California~

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! I didn't intend to put too much crack in this chapter, as it mainly only deals with Myungsoo moving school, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. Jung Juri should be more than enough of comedy!

Did you guys catch the "My Tutor Is a Goddess" reference? xD It's another story from me, where Myungsoo is after Gyuri xD

I was a little mad today because of the whole EYK situation. People are locking up their stories for no real reason. You can read my rant over here. I don't know what exactly their video is about, but I know for sure that it's not going to be a review video of fanfictions. So everyone, if you think that you still have a need to send Simon and Martina a fanfiction, feel free to send them the link to this one! Although I'm fairly sure that they've already chosen a fic, who knows, maybe I'll get lucky ^_^

Please upvote, subscribe, and comment if you like the story! I love to read your feedback, no matter how negative or short it might be!

Karma~

 

EDIT: I forgot to tease you with next update! Well, in the next chapter, Myungsoo'll get to know his classmates a little bit better, and he's going to have to face Sungjong... just how will their second meeting fare? Find out on April 1st March 29th! in "Veggies Are for the Weak!" I don't know why I thought Saturday was the 1st...