Innocence

Mr. Perfect
Chapter 17: Innocence

Under normal circumstances, Myungsoo would think that having a handsome boy in nothing but a towel mere inches away from him was undeniably hot. But these were no normal circumstances, as he reminded himself under the burning glare of a certain Lee Sungyeol.

“What do you mean, like you?” Myungsoo asked as nonchalantly as he possibly could, given the situation he was in. With all the courage he could muster at that point, he looked up, directly into the taller boy’s eyes. “I'm a guy.”

“Who listens to Fedora,” Sungyeol added, not easing up his gaze even a little bit.

“And?” Myungsoo retorted. “Is that against the rules or something?”

“Did you think I didn’t notice how you look at me from time to time?” Sungyeol smirked. “You could have been more subtle about it, you know.”

Myungsoo nervously gulped. “So-so what? I can look at people however I want!”

“So you’re not denying that you did check me out,” Sungyeol’s smirk grew wider.

Myungsoo mentally slapped himself for not seeing that coming. But then again, he had never been good with words to begin with. “Well, why couldn’t I?”

“You only check people out when you think they’re attractive,” Sungyeol smiled devilishly and leaned down, placing his head uncomfortably close to Myungsoo’s. “So you are attracted to me.”

Myungsoo cleared his throat loudly and slid back further on the bed in an attempt to get farther away from Sungyeol. “You… I… you’re being ridiculous now.”

“It’s just you and me in this room right now,” Sungyeol started walking forward again, and Myungsoo found himself backing farther and farther on the bed. “No one will interrupt us even if-”

The rest of his sentence died as somebody knocked on their door. Both Sungyeol and Myungsoo turned to face the door, staring at it intently; however, neither had any intention to stand up and open it. They both just stood (or, in Myungsoo’s case, sat) there, making no movement whatsoever. The somebody knocked again.

“Should-shouldn’t you we open the door?” Myungsoo finally asked.

“You go,” Sungyeol replied, his eyes still fixed on the door. Somehow, the tension had completely died in those several seconds.

Myungsoo scrambled to his feet and slowly walked toward the door. With a shaking hand, he grabbed the handle, and with one swift motion, he swung it open.

“Finally!” a distinctively recognizable voice said in annoyance, and Lee Sungjong marched into the room. “What took you so long?”

“What are you doing here?” Sungyeol growled at his cousin.

“Dropping this off,” Sungjong rolled his eyes and dropped a bag of clothes—Myungsoo’s clothes, still dripping wet—on the floor, and he turned to Myungsoo. “You won’t tell anyone about what you saw this morning—or yesterday night—understood?”

“Wait,” Sungyeol interrupted, “you were with him the whole time?”

“You have a problem with that?” Sungjong turned back to Sungyeol, crossing his arms. “Better than staying in your company, I bet!”

“Yah, Lee Sungjong!” Sungyeol snarled, anger flashing in his eyes. “Do you think that being a celebrity makes you something more than me? Treat me with respect, as you should!”

“Respect?” Sungjong exclaimed with a suppressed laughter. “Good try, but no, I think I’ll pass.”

With that, he turned around, making a move for the door, but Sungyeol grabbed him by his shirt’s collar, dragged him back, and slammed the door. “Yah! I’m not done with you yet!”

“Did you just grab me?” Sungjong’s yelled. “How dare you!”

Before Myungsoo could register what was happening, the two cousins were already wrestling on the floor. Myungsoo had always wanted to have a sibling close to his age before, as having a fifteen years older sister made sibling fights completely one-sided, but now that he actually saw them fighting, he was glad he didn’t have one.

Soon, they were both panting and sweating, but neither wanted to give up. By then, Myungsoo had had enough, and decided that his interference was needed.

“Guys,” he said as he walked toward the fighting duo, “don’t fight, you can just talk it through and-”

He couldn’t finish his sentence, as a hand pulled him down by his shirt, and before he knew it, he was in the middle of the chaos as well. In an attempt to defend himself and his clothes, he tried to pry someone’s hand away from his shirt, but ended up with another hand on his hair. Deciding that the best defense was a good offense, Myungsoo used his spare hand to also attack one of his attackers. Surprisingly, the article of clothing he attacked came off with relative ease, and he victoriously held it up above his head.

All movement suddenly stopped, as all three pairs of eyes stared at the thing in Myungsoo’s hand. It wasn’t a shirt, as Myungsoo suspected at first. It was a towel. Upon realizing what had just happened, Myungsoo started to blush heavily, Sungyeol screamed at the top of his lungs, and Sungjong began laughing as if there was no tomorrow.

Myungsoo immediately freed himself from the entanglement of limbs. With a burning face, he dropped the towel to the ground, making sure not to look down at where he knew lay Sungyeol, and he ran out of the room.

 

* * *

 

The sun had already set by the time Myungsoo returned to his room. He carefully opened the door and peeked inside. Sungyeol was already lying in his bed, covered with a blanket. A wave of relief washed over Myungsoo, and with a smile, he entered the room. He hid on the rooftop all day, not wanting to risk running Sungyeol or Sungjong in the hotel, and finding Sungyeol already sleeping was great news for him. He could postpone the confrontation for another twelve hours. Quickly changing his clothes, he slid into his own bed, wanting nothing more but to fall asleep as fast as he could.

“You don’t shower very often, do you?” Sungyeol asked, his voice strained.

Myungsoo flashed his eyes open. Sungyeol was staring at him from across the room.

“Where did you go?” Sungyeol continued, his eyes glued on Myungsoo’s.

“I-I was busy,” Myungsoo replied nervously.

“You’re a really bad liar, you know that?” Sungyeol let out a small chuckle.

For a moment, they just lay there, unmoving, staring at each other. Myungsoo wasn’t sure what to do in that situation, but he thought that closing his eyes and turning around wouldn’t be the best decision.

“You never answered me in the morning,” Sungyeol finally broke the silence.

“What question?” Myungsoo pretended not to know.

Sungyeol stood up from his bed and kneeled beside Myungsoo’s. “Do you like me?”

Myungsoo gulped. Just what was he supposed to do? “… Maybe?”

“Is that even an answer?” Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “You know, people call me childish, but I think that the real childish one is you.”

“Why?” Myungsoo asked, still staring at the taller boy.

“Because you’re too innocent,” Sungyeol whispered, “and I think I’ll have to take some of that away.”

With that, he closed the distance between them, and Myungsoo’s eyes flew wide open as he felt something warm and soft pressing against his lips.


Author's Note:
OMG THEY KISSED! Sorry guys, this was unplanned, but as I said when this story started, I make stuff happen as it goes along, and that myungyeol tension was just killing me. I wanted to cut it off in the middle, but then I was writing and suddenly that weird image of Myungsoo accidentally removing Sungyeol's towel popped into my head... and then it all just sort of happened...

There are still some chapters left, but the story will end very soon. I'll update probably in a couple of days (depending on how busy I am), but well, hopefully you'll all stay even after one of the ships sinks in the next chapter :(

To everyone who's still reading: thank you guys so much! Please, do leave comments below, I'll be more than happy to reply to you! For now, I'll go drown myself in my own misery... actually, before I do that, I'm going to watch the FIFA finals! DEUTSCHLAND!!!

Shameless advertisement: Please, check out this fantastic story by my roommate and substitute writer! It's an MyungsooxOCxSunggyu school fic, and I think that you'll find it very interesting as well! Click -> Over the Horizons

Karma~