Bathroom Party

Mr. Perfect
Chapter 15: Bathroom Party

-That evening-

It took the police to get Eunji off of the doors of 801. Myungsoo had to repeat to himself throughout the late afternoon filming of the variety show that it wasn’t his fault at all. He reasoned that she would have found out either way, and that by telling her, he actually did everyone a service—they might have had to postpone the filming otherwise if Fedora members had been locked inside of their room because of a crazy fangirl.

Before he knew it, the clock hit the tenth hour, and Myungsoo found himself in front of the very door his somewhat extreme friend had occupied a couple hours ago. Inside his mind, he was panicking every few seconds, and even thought of running back to his room several times already. However, his legs kept driving him forward, not giving his cowardly brain a single chance to run away.

When he finally reached the door, his hand went up on its own and knocked on the door several times. For a couple seconds, he just stood there, not sure what exactly he wanted to gain from coming to the party. Hoya was completely out of his reach; he had already come to that conclusion ages ago. And he wasn’t that great friends with Sungjong, either, which led to him to ask himself what exactly it was that he planned on doing at the party.

Before he could find any answer to that question, the door swung open, and in the doorframe stood a very happily smiling Dongwoo. “You’re Sungjong’s friend, right? Come right in!”

Myungsoo bowed his head slightly to greet the rapper and quickly slid inside. This suite was much larger and fancier than the rooms they stayed in. There was already a dozen people inside, all seemingly having lots of fun. Myungsoo’s eyes scanned the room, looking for familiar faces. He didn’t really recognize anyone there. There was no sign of either Sungjong or Hoya around.

“Is there a bathroom here?” Myungsoo asked Dongwoo, who was just about to hand Myungsoo a bottle of something.

“There’s one in every room,” Dongwoo answered and lifted the bottle. “I’ll leave this on the counter for you, OK?”

“Thank you very much, Dongwoo-shi,” Myungsoo nodded and headed for the first door he spotted.

That one turned out to be Woohyun’s room. The owner was inside, as well as another individual Myungsoo immediately recognized.

“Oh, flower boy!” Key grinned in excitement when he saw Myungsoo in the door. “Come in!”

“What are you doing here?” Myungsoo asked nervously. He wanted to run away from the creepy boy, but he didn’t want to offend him, either. Plus, Woohyun was watching, so perhaps Key wouldn’t try anything weird.

“I’m really good friends with Woohyun here, so he invited me,” Key shrugged. “It’s a good thing Eunji’s at the police station; she’d never forgive me if she knew I went here and didn’t bring her along. Speaking of which, what are you doing here? It wouldn’t be because of me, right?”

“Whoa, Key, stop,” Woohyun chuckled. “I’m not sure what’s between the two of you, but you’re not doing that in my room.”

“There’s plenty of rooms inside this suite,” Key smiled cheekily at Woohyun.

“I think I’ll pass,” Myungsoo coughed. “Well, Key-shi, have fun here. I’ll go somewhere else then.”

Before the other could respond, Myungsoo shut the door close. He didn’t want to deal with a hormonal adolescent at that moment. He tried his luck at the next door, and immediately regretted his decision. True, he did find Hoya. However, he also found someone else, someone he’d rather never see again. Hyuna was also inside. And Hoya and she looked quite busy.

“Sorry,” Myungsoo apologized and immediately slammed the door. He didn’t really want to see the two of them in the middle of a make-out session. He felt his stomach rising—now he really needed that bathroom. He dived into the third room.

Luckily, this one looked empty. Perhaps it was where Dongwoo was staying. Myungsoo didn’t hesitate and immediately went for the bathroom on the other side of the room. Unfortunately, that place wasn’t as empty as he’d expected it to be.

“Did no one teach you how to knock?” Sungjong asked angrily. He was sitting in the mini-Jacuzzi, topless, eating from a tray of sushi next to him.

“I didn’t know there was someone inside,” Myungsoo answered sheepishly. Looking at Sungjong in the tub, the sick feeling from seeing Hoya and Hyuna together was immediately replaced with a quite different feeling. But it made him no less comfortable.

Sungjong shook his head in mild annoyance. “Why are you here anyway?”

“I needed to use the restroom,” Myungsoo replied, averting his gaze. He didn’t need the weird feeling to grow any stronger than it already was.

“I meant at this party,” Sungjong rolled his eyes, eating a piece of raw tuna.

“Hoya invited me,” Myungsoo admitted. “Why aren’t you out there?”

“It’s too noisy,” Sungjong answered, but somehow (he didn’t know how), Myungsoo could tell it was a lie.

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.” That was such a cheesy line, Myungsoo slapped himself mentally. It definitely made Sungjong shut up for a while though. The silence was starting to become awkward.

“… I’m avoiding someone,” Sungjong finally said.

“Whom?” Myungsoo asked, risking a glance in Sungjong’s direction. The idol looked conflicted, as if considering whether to tell Myungsoo or not.

“If I tell you, can you swear that you will never tell anyone else?” Sungjong asked.

“Of course,” Myungsoo nodded. “What is it?”

“Want to join me?” Sungjong asked out of the blue. “The water’s really nice.”

“But I don’t have any swimming trunks,” Myungsoo blinked.

“Just come in dressed,” Sungjong shrugged. “I can give you a dry change of clothes later. And lock the door; I don’t want anyone barging in like you again.”

Myungsoo didn’t know why, but he started removing things from his pockets. He placed them all on the counter behind him and locked the door as told. Slowly, he dipped his legs into the water. Sungjong was right; the water felt perfect. Without much hesitation, he slid into the Jacuzzi.

“It’s a long story,” Sungjong began. “I don’t even know why I’m telling you. But there’s this one guy that’s really bothering me. I don’t know if you’ve seen him; blond hair, sharp features, a scar above his eyebrow,…”

“Key,” Myungsoo nodded. “I’ve had a chance to meet him. Did he ask you weird things?”

“He tried on you, too?” Sungjong chuckled, although he didn’t sound like he was amused. “Well, he did ask me, a long time ago. Now, really, promise me, you won’t ever tell anyone else about what I’m going to tell you.”

“I swear,” Myungsoo nodded. He still wasn’t sure why Sungjong was even telling him, but he didn’t really let that bother him.

“You see… I’m gay,” Sungjong said with a laugh. Myungsoo’s eyes widened at the sudden confession; he was completely unprepared for it.

“Why are you-” Myungsoo got his answer right away. Sungjong pulled out a bottle of Soju from behind him, quickly gulping down whatever was left in it.

“You know, me and Kibum—that’s Key’s real name—used to go out,” Sungjong said after he put down the bottle. “About three months ago? I met him through Woohyun-hyung. He was so charming, and the way he talked… I just fell for him immediately, you know that feeling? And he seemed to like me, too, or that’s what I thought anyway. So we went out for a while. And then, two weeks later, he broke up with me.”

“Why?” Myungsoo asked, now curious about the other boy’s story.

“I didn’t know!” Sungjong cried out. “I thought that I did something wrong! I was so miserable for two months! I didn’t eat, I didn’t sleep, I kept messing up our practices. Only last month I found out that it’s just who he is—he dates people out of boredom. He never lasts with anyone longer than a month. And he’s freaking engaged!”

“I know how you feel,” Myungsoo said, remembering how he felt when he found out all about Hoya.

“No you don’t!” Sungjong shouted. “How could you? You’re so perfect! You have everything you could possibly want, so how could you know how I feel? That’s why I hated you so much! Ever since we first met before the school began!”

“Wait, you remember?” Myungsoo blinked in surprise. “But I thought-”

“You thought I’d admit remembering you?” Sungjong chuckled. “I am Lee Sungjong, for heaven’s sake. I don’t remember people, remember? I am vain and conceited; how would I remember anyone when I can’t even see over my nose?”

“So that’s all a façade?” Myungsoo breathed out. So many things suddenly began to make more sense.

“I hated you so much, because you resembled Key in so many ways,” Sungjong continued. “You have that stupid charm around you even when you do absolutely nothing but stand and breathe. Girls swoon around you like flies around food, and you don’t even care. You were just like him.”

“But I don’t-”

“But then, we did that show together,” Sungjong ignored Myungsoo’s protests, “and you suddenly started to look different. So I thought that maybe I was wrong, maybe you were different than Key. I wanted to get to know you better, to see whether you were different than him or not. And you suddenly asked me to hang out with you one day. I don’t know why, but you sounded really desperate, so I thought I’d test you. If you accepted, then you’d really be different than him. But you just had to ruin everything!”

“What?” Myungsoo exclaimed. “But you wanted me to be a slave! How would I ever-”

“You really thought that I felt inferior to you or something?” Sungjong yelled. “Do you know how mad I was when you said that? Even though you insulted me like that, I still tried to finish what I started, but you just had to brush me off like a bug or something! You’re just like Key! You’re just as conceited, and arrogant, and… and stupid, and… and… and y…”

Sungjong passed out cold. Myungsoo wasn’t sure what to do. He wanted to keep arguing with the boy, but he knew that even if Sungjong was still conscious, he probably wouldn’t remember this the next day anyway. So he decided to sit there for a second to regain his composure, before he climbed out of the Jacuzzi and dragged Sungjong out as well. It turned out that Sungjong had been drinking a lot more than Myungsoo thought—there were four more empty bottles hidden where Sungjong sat.

He dried the idol with a towel and took off his own pants and shirt to dry himself off as well. He then dragged Sungjong back into the bedroom. Carefully, he placed the idol on the bed.

“I’m cold,” Sungjong mumbled.

“Just a second,” Myungsoo whispered as he fought with the blanked on Sungjong’s bed. But when he finally managed to wrestle it free from the bed and cover Sungjong with it, the idol’s hands suddenly pulled him down into a tight embrace.

“I’m cold,” Sungjong repeated as he buried his face into Myungsoo’s neck. “I’m cold, Key-hyung.”


Author's Note:
Early Sunday update! It's just a little past midnight here, and I'm totally bored, so I thought I'd post this for you guys because' that's how much I love you! I finally got myself a stable Internet connection, yay! It's a little slow, but it's at least something...

Were you surprised by how things escalated? I was, too, when I first wrote it. I was asking myself several times over and over, did I rush this too much? I mean, it's just the first night of the trip, and Myungsoo's already sleeping with Sungjong... even though not the way half of us wishes, but still, it is sleeping. Anyway, to all you Myungjong shippers, here's your food~

That's all I have to say for now~ I still don't know much about the exact content of the next chapter; I know the direction, but I don't know how much I'll pack in the next update and how much I'll leave for the one after that yet. The only thing I can tell you for now is that Sungyeol won't be very happy that his roommate ditched him the very first night~

Thanks everyone for subscribing and commenting~ It made my day earlier today to go online and see so many new comments xD I'll try to get back to all of those that have a question ASAP~

Karma~