Epilogue, part 2

Mr. Perfect
Epilogue, part 2

1.

My first day of school started off pretty good. Everyone’s really nice to me so far, but I guess there’s a language barrier between us. Only one guy seems to be able to understand me perfectly fine so far. His name is Kim Myungsoo, and he’s really hot. Too bad he doesn’t work out much. He showed me around campus, and he’s pretty nice to me so far.

Also, Sungjong is in our class! I can’t believe my luck—an idol is in the same class as me! I even got to talk to him! He was really nice to me; he wasn’t acting at all like he acts on TV. So far, this looks to be a very promising year!

 

2.

Sungjong seems really mad about something. It looks like the two hotties got into some sort of argument. Weird, since they were acting so friendly to each other just yesterday. Who knows?

The teacher announced that there’s going to be a cardboard boat race. I can’t wait! She told me I don’t have to participate if I don’t want to, which is a relief, really—I at swimming. But just spectating is no fun at all.

I found a secluded coffee shop near my house. A pretty cute guy works there. I’d love to get to know him better, but it seems that he already has a girlfriend. I don’t really understand their relationship; he acts really cold toward her one minute, and the next, he’s laughing like there’s no tomorrow at her jokes. Korean guys are so weird…

 

3.

First time ever in a noraebang. It was a lot of fun, but my throat hurts. I wish people stopped trying to sing ‘Let It Go.’ Especially if all they do is screaming at the top of their lungs during the high notes.

Also, somebody keeps calling my number and hanging up. It’s a little creepy, so I blocked that number. Who cares, anyway.

 

4.

Went shopping today. Met Gyuri and Hara on my way, so we went together. Had lots of fun. Gyuri offered me to join the broadcasting club. I agreed. Then she asked me if I wanted to MC the race. Me? Haha. I laughed so hard. But she was dead serious. So I agreed.

Went to the coffee shop again in the evening. The more I look at the guy, the hotter he seems. Why are all hot guys taken? Wait… I’m sure Myungsoo is single. Maybe I should pull a move on him.

 

5.

I hate Lee Sungyeol. I freaking hate him. He threw a stupid water bomb at me! I know for sure it wasn’t an accident, because he smirked at me! That idiot. Just wait, I’ll get my revenge. Someday.

But damn, that race was a brilliant idea. All of the boys who got soaked ended up taking off their shirts. Those abs though… Myungsoo didn’t. He just walked all the way back in a wet shirt. Not that I’m complaining; wet shirts give you a pretty good idea of what’s underneath them.

 

6.

I think someone’s stalking me. Some weird guy kept following me all day today, and it took me twenty minutes to shake him off. I’m getting a little worried. Is it the same guy who tried calling me all weekend?

 

9.

Got hit by a stray baseball during PE today. Guess who hit it? Lee Sungyeol. That kid seriously has something against me. But it’s OK, I paid him back. Let’s say he’s going to be very, very surprised when he opens his backpack at home. I hope they don’t get crushed by the books, though. Or, on another thought, maybe that’d be even better. Crushed cockroaches, eww.

 

13.

A bird pooped on me.

 

16.

That stalker is getting on my nerves. Now he knows where I live. It’s pointless trying to avoid him now, so I just pretend that he’s not there. Maybe he’ll get bored of it.

 

18.

Damn, he’s getting more and more daring. He even sat down at the next table in the coffee shop. Should I just report him to the police? But I don’t have any proof yet.

On another note, the coffee shop guy talked to me today. His name is Kibum, and he’s a college sophomore. He seems really kind so far, and when I told him about the stalker, he even offered to walk me home if I wanted to. I’d have loved to, but I had to reject his offer. I didn’t want to involve more people in this than necessary.

 

22.

We’re going to Jeju-do tomorrow! I’m so excited! Maybe I’ll even get to talk to Woohyun-oppa! I packed all day, but it still seems like I’m missing something. Just can’t figure out what…

 

23.

I now honestly believe in fate. It turns out that Kibum has also decided to take a vacation to Jeju-do at this exact same time—and just happens to be in the room next to mine! That just can’t be coincidence, right?

Later in the afternoon, he took me out for a drink. You can’t even imagine how happy I was to spend time with him. He pays a lot of attention to details—this was definitely the best date I’ve ever been to! Also, it turns out that the annoying girl from the restaurant is nothing more than his friend from his hometown. So maybe it could work out between us?

 

24.

There are some rumors flying around that Sungjong has slept with someone last night. I mean, seriously? He’s too young to be doing things like that. I bet the stupid girls just made it up because they have nothing better to do…

 

25.

So in the end, I didn’t get to talk to Woohyun-oppa. A shame, but whatever; I sat in the same room with him, so it was worth it. Maybe I’ll ask Sungjong to get me an autograph.

Strangely, I haven’t seen the stalker today. I was sure he’d be hanging around somewhere, but well, maybe he really gave up. Good for me, I guess.

 

29.

Kibum is so sweet! He didn’t even need to ask me to know that my favorite flowers are lilies. How can such a perfect man exist? He treated me to a royal dinner (OK, maybe just some barbeque in a restaurant, but still!) and then took me out for a movie. And how did he know that I love sci-fi? I feel so happy right now!

 

33.

The stalker has returned. This time, he sat down on the bus next to me. I stood up, of course, and he did, too. If it wasn’t for the fact that he’s rather bulky, I’d have turned around and yelled at him. But he’s rather intimidating.

Kibum didn’t work today. But he still sent me a message in the afternoon. We’re going out tomorrow as well. Damn, I have no clothes to wear. I need to ask Gyuri for help; I bet she has plenty of spare clothes to lend me.

 

34.

Oh my god, it’s official! We’re together!!! I’m just so happy right now, I can’t even explain it! This definitely is the best day in my life. I even got a kiss! I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep well tonight…

 

35.

Kibum is so cool! Today, he beat up the stalker for me! When I told him that I still got followed, he went with me, and when the stalker showed up, he confronted him. He looked so dashing, I can’t even… URGH!

Anyway, we’re going to have a movie night tomorrow, and I can’t wait for it! He said he’d even cook for me… Who wouldn’t want such a perfect boyfriend?

 

36.

Kibum’s coming in a little under an hour and I still don’t have anything nice to wear. What should I do? What if I wear something stupid and ruin the mood? Damn…

Oh my god, someone’s ringing on the door!

 

37.

Wow. Just wow. Perfection.

 

38.

I feel rather sorry to Myungsoo for not attending his birthday party yesterday, but I was a little occupied. But from what I’ve heard, it was a good thing I didn’t go. Apparently, Myungsoo somehow managed to kick his birthday cake into his sister’s face. Well, as much as I’d love to have seen it, I think that my yesterday was still much better.

 

39.

Kibum’s not responding to my text. Did something happen to him?

 

42.

I’m really worried for him now. He’s even quit his job at the coffee shop. I can’t reach him at all by phone, and I have no idea where he lives. What if he got hurt?

 

45.

Oppa, where are you?

 

51.

I think I saw Kibum-oppa today. But that can’t be true. It must have been just someone who looked a lot like him. He was waiting for Sungjong after school. No, that can’t be right. It was probably just some Sungjong’s friend who looks a lot like oppa.

 

58.

It’s been 20 days already, and I still don’t know what happened to him. I tried asking everyone who I thought might know him, but no one has the slightest idea about his whereabouts. I’m starting to lose hope…

 

67.

I’m sure Sungjong is dating someone. He’s acting really suspicious lately. And I’m sure I saw a hickey on his neck. Just who the hell is he dating?

Myungsoo stopped talking to him. I wonder why; they were such good friends lately. But Sungyeol just looks straight pissed. Today, none of them talked to each other, for reasons I don’t really know. I asked Sunggyu, but he’s just as clueless as I am.

 

78.

Sungjong’s eyes are puffy. I wonder why… maybe he broke up with his girlfriend? I don’t know… It seems like he’s going through a really rough time. I tried to comfort him, but it doesn’t seem to help.

Myungsoo seems really mad. He and Sungyeol got into a real fight today. I’m really worried about them; what exactly happened? Everything seems to be going sour lately. I hope they don’t break up, too…

79.

Oh my god! Kibum is back! I missed him so much! We spent the entire day just hugging and catching up. Apparently, he had an emergency back in his hometown, so he had to go back. And it turns out his cell phone was in my room the entire time—it was just dead, so that explains why I couldn’t reach him. I feel so stupid now…

But it doesn’t matter now; my boyfriend is back, and I’m about as happy as I can be. He promised to make it up for me, so no worries!

 

80.

Well, he’s definitely keeping his word so far. I didn’t think a date could get better than our movie night, but I was so wrong… I love him so much!

 

81.

What? Is this a bad joke?

 

82.

I hate you, Kim Kibum. I ing hate you. Rot in hell, you bastard. How dare you use me like this? Am I just your playtoy or what? You come back just so you can break up with me? How dare you?

 

85.

I’m done with this. I’m flying home.


Author's Note:
Confused? Continue on!