Author's Note + Sequel

Mr. Perfect
Author's Note + Sequel

Where to begin? First of all, thanks to everyone who made it so far into the story. I've had a lot of fun writing this, and I hope you all had just as much fun reading the story. I'm really sorry if your favorite pairing didn't make it, but I hope you're not too sad about it :)

I can't believe it's been already 6 months since I started this story; to me, it feels like just yesterday when I lay on my hospital bed and this whole idea suddenly popped into my head. At first, I was like, "Hell no, nobody will ever read this sh*t," but the idea kept poking me no matter what I did (I honestly didn't do much at that time, I just slept most of the time, but that's beside the point).

That's when I asked my roommate Rachel to start typing some stuff down for me. And here we are, 6 months and 21 updates later, the story is finally coming to a close. There were good times and there were bad times, but I think most of us had a great joy dealing with Myungsoo's love life :D I definitely had a lot of fun making up all the ridiculous situations I put him through, and I hope that if any of the real celebrities this story involves ever read this (which I highly doubt), they won't take it too personally and laugh out loud with the rest of us!

One of the most burning questions most of you probably have: why Myungyeol? Let me explain a little: This story is all about perfection. As the title and the description suggest, this story deals with finding one's perfect match, or if you'd like to, one's soulmate. I'm not sure if I made it clear enough, but one of the things I was trying to convey in this story is that nobody is perfect. Myungsoo, despite all that he has, is impatient, thick-headed, impatient, and can get really nasty when someone attacks him. Sungyeol is childish, and Sungjong is vain. Even Key, who in the last chapter was described as a near perfect man, has serious commitment issues, which will be explored more later on.

So why Myungyeol? From the beginning, it was obvious that Myungsoo was going to choose either Sungjong or Sungyeol. But which one? I didn't know, either, when I started writing. I thought it would be more fun if I just let the story decide on its own. But then, several things happened that made me firm in choosing Yeol. First of all, it was due to the story's theme. This story was supposed to be light, fluffy, and comedic. Sungyeol and Sungjong were exact opposites in that sense. Sungyeol was always the immature one who just did stuff because he wanted to, and that fit into the theme. Sungjong, however, represented the more mature side of humans. Even early on, I already made Sungjong into the guy who has some personal issues that he takes out on others around him, and that didn't fit well with the theme.

Second, I wanted to avoid making my story a K-drama. Kate_Sunshine, who reviewed my story, told me that the story should be made into a K-drama. That's when I realized that my story does, indeed, follow a K-drama structure, and looking at "screen time" and introductions of characters, it turns out that Sungjong would be the main lead, while Sungyeol would be the annoying 2nd lead that keeps trying to steal the main girl (or boy, in this case). Because I suffer severely from 2nd lead syndrome in most dramas, I wanted to give Sungyeol a shot.

And lastly, it was because of Sungjong's unresolved issues. I've always imagined that he had a painful past, which was why he acted the way he did - and I simply didn't want to turn my romcom into a hurt/comfort story.

And now, to the second question: What the hell was the last part of the epilogue?

To put it bluntly, it was me being mean :D The first part of the epilogue was supposed to be the completion of this story. It was supposed to end there, with the author's note posted right after it. But I didn't feel like I was giving my story justice by cutting it off right there - the story has to continue. Even though I no longer want to continue the story of "Mr. Perfect" after the resolution, I still don't want to say goodbye to my characters. Which led me to write the sequel to this story. And the last epilogue was an extension of MyungYeolJong's story, as well as a teaser for the sequel.

And now to the sequel itself:

As I've announced earlier, the main character of the sequel will be none other than Key, aka. Kim Kibum. You've had the pleasure to meet the man in chapters "Stalkers 2.0" and "Bathroom Party," as well as in the last epilogue. Now you have a very good idea of what kind of person he is.

Of course, a story with Key cannot be complete without Jonghyun, so there you have another main character. Returning from Mr. Perfect is Sungjong and Eunji in main roles as well, and of course, there will be plenty of familiar faces throughout the story, although in smaller roles. You'll definitely see Myungsoo and Yeollie again, although I'm not sure what exactly they'll be doing there. But, since the story is a rated story, you can expect a lot more mature themes than in this story - including some .

So, whatever happened to Sungjong? Are Myungsoo and Sungyeol still a thing after their fight? I'm sorry that I have to say this, but you can only find out by waiting for the sequel xD If you're up to it, here's a link for you to subscribe to!


Author's Note:

I'd like to thank everyone who helped me shape this story somehow, mainly to my reviewers, commenters, and my beta-reader Inspirit0000, who is working on getting my story checked for errors and typos right now! Thanks, folks!

Also, this story has been nominated by one of my readers for "Best Comedy" at the World of Literature 2014 Awards. It was kind of awkward to find my name on the nomination list at first, since I'm one of the co-founders, but well, I'm happy somebody thinks it's worth it! Please, visit the Awards and nominate your own favorite story (or this one for that matter) by clicking on the banner below!

Karma out!