Stalkers 2.0

Mr. Perfect
Chapter 14: Stalkers 2.0

-Some time later-

“… and after two weeks of completely ignoring me, he just hugs me as if it was no big deal!” Myungsoo finished his rant and collapsed onto the couch. He was in Sunggyu’s room, which didn’t look much different from his own.

“You sound like a jealous ex,” Sunggyu chuckled.

“No I don’t,” Myungsoo argued, feeling slightly offended.

“Yes you do,” Sunggyu nodded his head.

“No I don’t,” Myungsoo frowned.

“Just admit it,” Sunggyu laughed out loud. “You’ve been with Sungyeol just for a couple of hours, but his personality is already starting to rub off on you!”

“What? No!” Myungsoo shook his head in horror.

“Hell yeah,” Sunggyu kept laughing. “You complain about completely stupid stuff, and you argue like a little kid.”

“Whatever,” Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “Where’s Taemin anyway?”

“He went to see some friend of his,” Sunggyu answered, standing up from his bed and heading for the fridge. “Want a ginseng drink?”

“No, yuck,” Myungsoo grimaced. “It’s so disgusting.”

“But it’s good for your health,” Sunggyu pointed out as he quickly gulped down a pack.

“Hyung, you’re 19!” Myungsoo exclaimed. “The way you act, you’re like an elderly. No wonder people don’t like to hang out with you.”

“See, that’s Sungyeol’s bluntness right there,” Sunggyu said as he his lips. “At this rate, you’re going to become best friends before this trip is over.”

“Doubt it,” Myungsoo shook his head. “I can’t even stay in the room with him for more than five minutes without feeling incredibly awkward.”

“What’s he doing?” Sunggyu asked out of curiosity.

“He just listens to music while lying down,” Myungsoo sighed. “Whenever I make a movement, he looks at me as if I was some sort of annoying bug, and then he goes back to listening. I can’t stand it. Why did you not room with me, hyung?”

“Taemin asked me first, way earlier than either of you,” Sunggyu answered with a tired voice. “I was trying to tell you, but you were too busy arguing.”

“He started,” Myungsoo grunted. “Anyway, do you want to go explore this place?”

“No, you go by yourself,” Sunggyu shook his head. “I want to get a nap before the filming in the evening.”

“Your loss,” Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders and stood up. “You’re missing a great chance of having fun!”

“With you?” Sunggyu chuckled. “No, thanks, but I think I’ll pass.”

Shaking his head, Myungsoo decided to just leave the older boy alone. He quickly headed out of Sunggyu’s room and began exploring the hotel. If even possible, the resort was even nicer on the inside than on the outside. On the first floor, he found a state-of-the-art outdoor swimming pool, a sauna, and several gift shops. On the second floor, there was a fancy restaurant and a gym. Myungsoo was about to begin exploring the third floor when he bumped into someone as he turned the corner.

“Sorry,” Myungsoo mumbled an apology and sniffled. The person he bumped into bore a very familiar scent; he couldn’t quite tell where he’d smelled the same cologne before, though.

“It’s OK.” Even the voice sounded extremely familiar. “Myungsoo, right?”

Upon hearing his name, Myungsoo looked up and petrified in shock. The person standing mere inches away from him was none other than his idol, Fedora’s Hoya. “Ho-Hoya-shi.”

“Call me hyung,” Hoya gave Myungsoo a warm smile.

“Al-alright,” Myungsoo stuttered. He was still incapable of rational thoughts. Why of all people did he have to run into Hoya? It hadn’t even been two weeks since his fantasies of the idol had been completely shattered; he wasn’t by far ready for a personal encounter so soon.

“Listen, about what you saw two weeks ago,” Hoya began nervously. “Can you pretend you didn’t see anything?”

“Su-sure,” Myungsoo blinked. Why did Hoya have to talk about that incident of all things? Memories of the night that Myungsoo desperately tried to forget came back haunting him. He closed his eyes for a moment. He was trying to get over the idol in front of him, he reminded himself. He was even beginning to fall for Sungjong and Sungyeol, right? He wasn’t sure whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, but that didn’t matter at the moment. He just had to get rid of the weird sensations growing inside of his body because of Hoya.

“You know, you’re kind of cute,” Hoya chuckled. Myungsoo flashed his eyes wide open. Hoya was really chuckling. He even seemed sincere about his comment. Not even a hint of sarcasm in his face. Why? Why did he have to say such a thing? Didn’t he already cause Myungsoo enough damage?

“Cu-cute?” Myungsoo slapped himself on the inside. Why on earth did he say that? He was beginning to lose control over his body once again.

“I’m not sure if Sungjong already told you, but our members are having a little private party after today’s shooting in our suite,” Hoya continued to smile. “It’s in room 801, and it’d be great if you came. I’m sure Sungjong wouldn’t mind, since you’re such good friends anyway.”

“I’ll come!” Myungsoo’s mouth said before he could stop it. And there went all of his efforts to get Hoya out of his mind and body in the past two weeks.

“Great,” Hoya ruffled Myungsoo’s hair. “Just come at 10. I’ll see you there.”

With that, Hoya continued on his way wherever, leaving Myungsoo standing completely frozen on spot. The younger was still trying to comprehend what exactly had happened mere moments ago. He hadn’t just accepted Hoya’s party invitation. His heart hadn’t just fluttered like crazy over Hoya’s touch. It wasn’t real. It was all just a dream. A very bad dream, a way for the god of dreams to laugh in his face. Or it was some weird spell that ridiculous fortune-teller had casted upon him. Because he, Kim Myungsoo, had already gotten over Hoya, right?

Before he could finish his reasoning, someone’s hand grabbed his collar and pulled him back. Before Myungsoo could regain his composure and take over his body, he had already been dragged across the hall into a room at the end of it. Finally, he managed to free himself from the grasp, and still somewhat unsettled, he turned around to face his kidnapper.

“What the-Eunji?” Myungsoo blinked several times. In front of him stood the girl he’d met weeks ago at SBS.

“Long time no see, my friend!” she grinned from ear to ear. “How have you been?”

“I’m alright, I guess,” Myungsoo answered as he looked around. They were in a room that looked exactly the same as his (Myungsoo was beginning to think that all rooms in the resort looked the same), and they weren’t alone. There was another boy sitting on one of the beds, measuring Myungsoo from head to toe. He seemed a little older than Myungsoo; he had blond hair, slightly feminine features, long eye-lashes, and a scar above his right eyebrow.

“Oh, that’s my fiancée,” Eunji said when she noticed Myungsoo looking at him.

“Fiancée ?” Myungsoo repeated, surprised. “You have a fiancée?”

“Fake-fiancée,” the boy corrected with a smug smile as he stood up. “We’re in an arranged marriage. We’re not romantically involved at all. Anyway, you can call me Key, flower boy.”

He held his hand out. Myungsoo, thinking that Key wanted a handshake, accepted it, but he totally didn’t expect what came next. Key kissed his hand.

“Oppa!” Eunji exclaimed. “Mouth off my friends, remember?”

“But he’s cute,” Key replied with a raised eyebrow and turned his attention back to Myungsoo. “Listen, if you don’t have anything to do tonight, I’m sure Eunji wouldn’t mind sleeping somewhere else for-YAAH!”

“HANDS-OFF-MY-FRIENDS-YOU-DIMWIT!” Eunji screamed as she continuously slapped Key’s biceps.

“OK, OK, I got it!” Key hissed and grimaced in pain. “You know, it’s really hard to control myself when all your friends are so hot. If you even had half their appeal, I might even consider you my real girlfriend.”

“Just get out, oppa, will you?” Eunji shook her head in annoyance. “Go and play with that scrawny friend of yours. Smooch him for all I care.”

“That’d be like smooch your own child,” Key paled in disgust. “Don’t give me weird mental images, yeobo.”

“Just go somewhere else, oppa, so we can catch up!” Eunji slapped his arm again.

“Jeez, I got it, calm down!” Key groaned in pain. “Really, woman, you can be so annoying...”

The moment Key left the room Eunji’s cheerful expression took a 180-degree turn, and she clung onto Myungsoo’s arm. “What did you talk about?”

“What?” Myungsoo blinked, confused.

“With Hoya-oppa!” Eunji looked more desperate by the moment. “You talked for so long! I didn’t know you knew each other! What did you talk about?”

“Just… stuff,” Myungsoo tried to free his arm, but Eunji held onto him like a leech.

“Did he tell you something useful? Like where’s their room? Please, Myungsoo, tell me!” she plead, tears forming in her eyes.

Myungsoo felt a little bad for her, so he answered honestly. “They’re staying in 801.”

Eunji’s expression changed back immediately, a huge grin forming on her face. “Really? Thanks, Myungsoo-yah! You’re a real friend!”

She immediately let go of Myungsoo’s hand, and with two huge leaps, she was already opening the door.

“OPPFAAAAAA!” she screamed, and Myungsoo instinctively covered his ears in pain. He completely forgot how loud she could get. “OPPA, EUNJI IS COOOMIIIIING!”

As he watched her run across the hall, Myungsoo wondered whether it was a good idea to tell her anything.


Author's Note:
Here's an early update! I was originally planning to update on Sunday, but because of how ridiculous my Wifi is here in Vietnam, I decided to better be safe than sorry. Enjoy!

I hope I surprised you with the sudden re-appearance of Eunji xD She's not really important to the plot of this story, but will be quite important in the sequel. Key's going to be the main character in the sequel, so read all you can into his character!

I'm currently on my vacation in Vietnam, so I'm not going to be here as frequently as I used to be. I'll be lucky if I get to access Wifi once a day, actually. So maybe I won't be able to reply to all of your comments in time, sorry :(

So, are you guys team Sungjong or Sungyeol right now? I'm just curious about how you guys feel; it will not have any impact on the ending whatsover. Because I have the epilogue written, and I'm too lazy to rewrite it... Leave a comment below! As always, thanks for your support! All subscriptions, upvotes, and comments are greatly appreciated!

Anyway, I already have the next chapter written. I was thinking of double-updating, but I decided against it--I might not have a chance to write at all in the next week and half, so I'll keep it in draft for now, so I have something to give you next week. What's it going to be about? I'll reveal quite a lot about one of the Sung brothers, and about Key as well. And it's going to be one of the most, if not THE most, emotionally intense chapters of this story. But more on that in "Chapter 15: Bathroom Party," sometimes next week!

Karma~

PS: To all you dirty-minded people: No, the bathroom party will NOT involve Hoya and Myungsoo being locked in the bathroom together. Although that would make a very fine one-shot xD Should I write it? xD