Five.

Sincerity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don’t know what they are called, the spaces between seconds– but I think of you always in those intervals.”
― Salvador Plascencia, The People of Paper

**

 

After the confession, it’s awkward for Sehun to talk with Sora. He didn’t why, but he felt like Sora was kind of avoiding him. Sehun regretted his confession because it broke their friendship. They aren’t a high school kids anymore, wouldn’t it be nicer if they just pretend to forget the confession? They’re mature enough, though.

But heart couldn’t lie. Both Sehun and Sora couldn’t feel the same way like before anymore. For Sora, she felt bad to Sehun because she dated his brother while Sehun was keeping his feeling towards Sora. And for Sehun, he was too afraid to approach her since she avoided him first these days.

“Let me see your future through this tarot card! Just $3!”

There is an event in this university that be held by some of the students, it's called ‘Magic Week’. For a week. They would hold many magic tricks in the corridor, one per each day. And for the first day, they held the tarot card reader.

It’s Sehun and Sora met from the different direction, they both froze in their place when their eyes met. They were communicating without words, their eyes spoke and their mouth didn’t. The girl from the stand came out and stood in between of Sehun and Sora, she looked at both and smiled, “Let me see your future through this tarot card! Just $3 and $5 for a couple!”

“But we –“

“You aren’t a couple? But you seem like a couple,” she grinned cutely and grabbed Sora and Sehun’s arms, she dragged them into the stand and both Sora and Sehun couldn’t do anything now. They were stuck.

“Pick the card!” she commanded, and Sehun picked the card slowly. His heart was beating crazily fast because he’s so near to Sora, and her smell was gentle like usual. Sehun’s favorite. “I am not sure about this but you weren’t really happy? Or? Something was bothering y-“

“Stop,” Sehun cut her words, “Let’s continue with Sora.”

Sora picked the cards carefully, and Sehun watched her sincerely. She was quiet today, and Sehun knew why. The fortune teller tried to control her expression, so did Sora when she saw the cards that she picked. It’s just Sehun who didn’t know what happened there.

“You… you will live happily ever after, with someone that you love..”

Sora nodded and stood up, but her expression wasn’t that good, “Then, thank you.” And she left the stand.

Sehun followed her behind and tried to catch her, but she was walking too fast. When he finally could grab her arms, he looked straight into her eyes that showed a disappointed expression, “What happened?”

“I’m not a fortune teller like her, but at least I know what’s the meaning of my car

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter