Party

The Thorn By My Side: Beauty & The Princes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The thing about coming to social gatherings with a hot date, it's completely stupid.

 

I know I should be used to the spotlight and all because of my career, truth is, I still get agitated.

 

 

"Calm down, they're your past classmates and schoolmates. They know you and you know them" Changmin soothed.

 

 

"Funny. Last time I checked, most of them hated me" I rolled my eyes, annoyed by my own self.

 

 

"If they hated you, they wouldn't have invited you"

 

 

"Henry Lau invited me"

 

 

"Then not all of them hate you" Changmin smiled as he held my hand, a small gesture of comfort.

 

 

I sighed, finally allowing myself to smile as I walked in the entrance with Shim Changmin by my side. As soon as the doors opened, a series of gasps and astonished looks came to our direction.

 

 

"Seohyun" I heard the whispers of my name and the murmurings of my existence. 

 

 

This is why I hated social gatherings.

 

 

 

"Hey!" Amber ran to my direction, squeezing me into a tight hug.

 

 

"Amber!" I was SHOCKED. Amber and I have never engaged in a conversation before and this was clearly weird.

 

 

"I'm so glad you could come. I've heard about what happened. Dont worry, Minho's been told to be in his best behaviour" Amber said as she pulled away, a sincere smile on her face.

 

 

"Minho is the least of my problems" I said with a tight smile. I then pulled Changmin next to me as close as possible "Thank you for inviting me. I hope you dont mind me bringing along a date. Engagements get me romantic"

 

 

I say as loud as I can, earning a lot of surprised looks.

 

 

"Not at all" Amber smiled, although I could see the surprise in her face too.

 

 

"Congratulations! What did Henry Lau do to deserve a lady like you" Changmin said with a charming smile on his face.

 

 

"A lot of begging obviously" Amber snorted.

 

 

"I heard that" Henry popped out from behind us and pulled Amber into his arms, giving her a soft hug. "You came"

 

 

"You are pretty persuasive. Congratulations on you both! Now I get why Amber cant say no" I teased, earning laughs.

 

 

"Excuse me but can we steal your date for a short while? My mother-in-law is dying to meet Shim Changmin" Henry asked politely.

 

 

"Future mother-in-law" Amber muttered.

 

 

"Sure. Dont stray too far" I said as Changmin gave me a worried look.

 

 

"Be right back" Henry said, pulling Changmin.

 

 

I gave Changmin a reas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter