The Boys Are Gone

The Stolen Book

“Hyoyeon!” Yoona shouts as soon as they entered the house.

Hyoyeon came out. “Seohyun? Yonghwa?” Hyoyeon said.

“He’s bleeding.” Yoona said.

Yoona enters the living room while holding Miori.

“Luna, water please.” Yoona said.

“Yoona, where’s your first aid kit?” Hyoyeon asks.

“In the kitchen.” Yoona said.

Hyoyeon brings Seohyun and Yonghwa in the kitchen.

“Hyo, let me do it. I know how to do it. Just wait for Chemi’s email.” Krystal voluntary said.

Hyoyeon goes out to check the email.

“Here it is.” Hyoyeon said.

“Print it.” Luna said.

Miori drinks the water that Luna gave to her.

“Tell me what happened.” Yoona said.

“I and Maria entered their apartment when they heard Maria’s grandpa calling her. When she opened the door, we saw a ghost trying to kill Maria’s grandpa. She tried to kill us too but Maria and I escaped.” Miori said.

“Did you happened saw the ghost’s face?” Luna asks.

“N-Ne. She’s the ghost that I saw inside this house.” Miori said.

“We encountered a ghost too but we didn’t see the face. The ghost is wearing a black cloak and that ghost tried to kill Seohyun using a knife.” Yonghwa said after Krystal puts the bandage on his wounds.

“Girls, here it is.” Hyoyeon said holding the papers.

Luna took it and reads.

“The story about the golden book isn’t a myth. It really happened years ago. The mansion that was burned down had stood up like a magic after for so many years. I entered the mansion and the place is clean. Antique furniture, old books, etc. as if they are new. I entered a room and I saw gold! Gold everywhere but in the middle of the room, there is a table but it is empty. I guess that’s where the golden book belongs. I asked the people living nearby the mansion, they said that once there was a boy lives in there but he left after a year. The people believe that the boy took the book. They didn’t see the boy anymore.” Luna reads Chemi’s article.

“Does it mean that she went to the mansion?” Krystal asks.

“The address is here.” Luna said.

“We should go there.” Hyoyeon said.

“Let’s call the guys.” Luna said.

Luna tries to call Leeteuk.

“The strange, his handphone is off.” Luna said.

Krystal tries to call Key. “His also off.”

“What about Taemin?” Hyoyeon asks.

Yoona calls Taemin.

“Off.” Yoona said.

“This is not good.” Hyoyeon said. Hyoyeon calls Amber. “Amber, did you see Siwon and the others?”

“Ne. A while ago they asked me if I saw Onew but I didn’t.”

“Did you know about the old bookstore?”

“Ne. Siwon and the others went there a while ago.”

“Could you text me the address?”

“Sure.”

“Thanks.” Hyoyeon said.

Amber texted the address right away.

“Let’s go check the bookstore.”Hyoyeon said.

“Someone must left here to watch the kids.” Yoona said.

“I do.” Krystal said.

“We will go now. Call Sulli later.” Yoona said.

“Ne.” Krystal said.

“Unnie, what’s really going on?” Miori asks.

“Is there a ghost?” Seohyun asks.

“I really can’t explain to you right now but let’s just pray that they will come back safely.” Krystal said.

………………………………………………………………..

Hospital…

“He’s safe now.” The doctor said to Maria and Sulli.

“Thank you, doctor.” Sulli said.

When the doctor left, Sulli called Krystal.

“I’ll stay here for a while until Maria’s parents come.” Sulli informed Krystal.

“Ok. Luna, Hyoyeon and Yoona went to the old bookstore to find Key and others.”

“Araso. Call me if anything happens.” Sulli said.

………………………………………………………………..

Hyoyeon, Yoona and Luna arrived at the location where the old bookstore is but the lot is empty.

“Are we in the right place?” Yoona asks.

“Ne but the old bookstore isn’t here.” Hyoyeon said.

“Hey girls!” it was Amber.

“Amber, are you sure the old bookstore is here?” Hyoyeon asks.

“What old bookstore?” Amber asks.

“The old bookstore where Siwon and others went.” Yoona said.

“You even texted me the address.” Hyoyeon said. She was about to show the message but the message is gone.

“What’s wrong with you?” Amber asks.

“Have you seen Leeteuk?” Luna asks.

“Aniyo. I haven’t seen them for months.” Amber said.

Hyoyeon, Yoona and Luna look at each other.

“Thanks, Amber.” Hyoyeon said. “We’ve better go.”

“Ok. Nice to see you again.” Amber said and left.

“She can’t remember anything.” Luna said.

“How did it happen?” Yoona asks.

“I’m sure Hyuna took our boys and I know where she took them.” Hyoyeon said.

“To the old writer’s mansion.” Yoona and Luna said.

………………………………………………………………..

“What? The old bookstore is gone? How?” Krystal asks. She is talking to Luna on the handphone.

“Even Amber can’t remember anything. We’re going straight to the old writer’s mansion. Hyoyeon is sure that Leeteuk and others are there.”

“Araso. Be careful. Sulli will be here once Maria’s parents arrive.” Krystal said.

“How’s Hyoyeon unnie?” Seohyun asks.

“They are going to the old writer’s mansion.” Krystal informed her. “Where’s Hyun Woo?”

“He is sleeping. Yonghwa’s watching over him. Miori went to her room to study. She said that she needs to study because she is stress right now.” Seohyun said.

“Good.” Krystal said.

“What’s really going on? Why is there a ghost that wants to kill us?” Seohyun asks.

Krystal sat on the sofa. “A curse has been opened.”

“A curse? What curse?” Seohyun asks.

“Onew stole a book in an old bookstore and it activates the curse. The curse of the golden book. Years ago, a thief tried to steal the golden book and because of that he killed the owner of the book. That’s where the curse started. Whoever comes to the mansion to steal the book, they die. The mansion burned down by two brothers, the golden book was found by a boy. The boy left the burned mansion and went somewhere else. If I am correct, the old bookstore’s owner is that boy. He waits for someone who will steal the book so the curse will be open and that’s where Onew came. He is desperate to tell us a really scary story so he stole the book. That’s the reason why there are ghosts in your house.” Krystal briefly explained.

“But what about Miori’s friend?” Seohyun asks.

“I found out a while ago that Maria’s grandfather is one of the two brothers who burned the mansion. Hyuna is haunting him when the curse finally released again.” Krystal said.

“How will we end the curse?” Seohyun asks.

“I don’t know. But I hope the answer is in the mansion.” Krystal said.

………………………………………………………………..

Hospital…

Sulli and Maria are inside the room where Maria’s grandfather is. They are waiting for Maria’s parents to come.

Maria fell asleep on the sofa while Sulli is listening to some music from her handphone.

While listening to some music, Sulli’s eyes are closed and the back of her head is leaning on the wall while sitting on a chair.

Just then, she fell cold. She felt goosebump all over her body.

She opened her eyes and looks around. Then, at her front, a woman with long black hair is standing. The hands of the woman move. The hands are slowly going towards Sulli’s neck.

Sulli tried to move but she can’t. She tried to scream but no sounds coming from .

“Unnie, wake up.” Maria’s voice said.

Just then, Sulli suddenly woke up from a bad dream. She looks around and saw Maria standing at her front and on Maria’s back is her parents.

“Gwenchana?” Maria asks.

“N-Ne.” Sulli said.

“My parents are here.” Maria said.

“Thank you for taking care of our daughter.” Maria’s mom said.

“It’s nothing.” Sulli said. “I should get going.”

“Take care.” Maria’s parents said.

Sulli gets out of the room and walks towards the elevator.

When the elevator door opened, she gets inside. The elevator is empty when she enters.

When the door is closing, Hyuna appeared at her back without Sulli knowing.