Onew Is Missing

The Stolen Book

Hyoyeon, Yoona, Sulli, Luna and Krystal with their husbands, gathered again to listen the third story of the book.

“Our wives can’t stop talking about this book.” Leeteuk said.

“Let’s begin the story.” Onew said.

………………………………………………………………..

After the mansion burned down, no one found the corpse of Hyuna and even the people she killed but the book remains at the burned mansion. It didn’t burn at all.

The people at the town never visited the mansion even it is already burned down.

10 years had passed but still no one dares to visits it.

One day, a poor child came to their town to find something to eat. He lives alone in the street.

He was kicked out from the town he lived for a long time because he often steals foods from the vendors.

Because he is poor no one cares about him and some people are avoiding him.

After walking for hours, the boy became tired. He looks around to see where he can have a rest and he saw a tall gate. Wishing that there will be a shelter at the other side of the tall gate, he runs towards it but he got disappointed when all he saw are ashes on the ground.

The boy disappointed walks away from the gate.

“Boy…” he heard someone calling.

The boy looks around but no one was there. He must be hallucinating because of tiredness and hungry.

He was about to walk away again when he heard the voice again. He went back to the gate and he was surprised when the gate is now open. The boy entered and looks around. He saw something shining on the ground.

When he checks what it is, he saw a golden book. He can’t understand what he feels but he feels light. His tiredness and hunger are gone, he can feel sleepy now.  He took the book and went lean on the wall.

He fell asleep while hugging the book.

………………………………………………………………..

The next morning, the boy woke up with a delicious smell on his nose. As he opens his eyes, the first thing he saw is the foods on his front. The boy’s eyes glowed while looking at the foods.

Chickens, cakes, breads, salads, etc…

The boy doesn’t care where the foods came from. He starts eating it.

The boy is happy while eating the foods that he never had a chance to eat. For him, that’s the best day of his life.

After eating all the foods, he walks around the place where the mansion used to be there. At the end, he saw a tool house. He enters the tool house and saw things that he can use to build a small house.

Woods, nails, hammer, saw, etc…

The boy doesn’t know how to build a real house but he can feel inside of him that he can build a house.

He starts building his house all by himself.

When it is time for lunch, the boy decided to have a break. He saw a banquet of foods on the side of the wall. He eats it alone while looking at the half finished of his house.

“I am going to live here forever.” He said.

Just what the boy said, the boy lives in his new house with the golden book.

………………………………………………………………..

“The end.” Onew said.

“That’s it?” Luna asks.

“Yeah.” Onew said and shows the last page.

“It is just half of the first page.” Sulli said.

“Something is wrong here.” Hyoyeon said.

“It seems that the book left as a mystery to solve.” Yoona said.

“Onew, where did you really get that book?” Krystal asks.

“I bought it in an old bookstore.” Onew said.

“Where is that old bookstore located?” Luna asks.

“I can’t tell you.” Onew said.

“You’re hiding something from us.” Hyoyeon said.

“I am not.” Onew said.

“Maybe you stole that book.” Taemin said.

“Of course not!” Onew said.

Leeteuk snatches away the book from Onew.

“Hey! Give it back!” Onew said and tries to get back the book but Key and Taemin hold him.

Leeteuk and Siwon take a look at the book.

“That’s strange. Where are the first and second stories?” Siwon asks.

“Eh? It was there.” Onew said.

“None. The front pages are blank.” Leeteuk said.

Luna took the book. “Right. They are all blank.” Luna said.

“I don’t want this feeling that I am feeling right now.” Yoona said.

“Better bring that book back to the old bookstore.” Hyoyeon said. “I don’t want to see it tomorrow morning.”

“N-Ne.” Onew said.

………………………………………………………………..

On the next day, before going to his work, Onew went to the old bookstore.

“Hello, anyone here.” Onew said.

The old man wasn’t in his place.

Onew looks around while waiting for the old man to come in his place. Onew saw a woman reading a book while standing not too far away from him.

“You’re back.” The old man said. He came out from the stock room.

“Sorry for stealing this book. I am giving it back to you.” Onew said.

“I’m sorry but it is already too late for that.” The old man said. “You already opened the book and the curse came out.”

“Curse? What do you mean?” Onew said.

“The Curse of The Golden Book.” The old man said.

Onew was horrified. He doesn’t know that the golden book exists.

“Maybe I should be going now to work.” Onew said. He was about to go out of the old bookstore when the woman blocked the door.

“E-Excuse me.” Onew said.

The woman smiled. “You can’t go.” The woman said.

“Who are you?” Onew asks.

“I’m… Hyuna.” The woman said.

………………………………………………………………..

Hyoyeon is cleaning their house while Hyun Woo is sleeping when she received a phone call.

“What do you mean Onew isn’t there? He left early to go to work.” Hyoyeon said.

“Well, he isn’t here. We supposed to have a presentation today but he didn’t show up.”

“I’ll try to call him.” Hyoyeon said. “Thanks for calling, Minho.”

After talking to Onew’s co-worker, Hyoyeon tried to call Onew but his handphone is off.

“Did he go to the old bookstore?” she asks.

Just then, Hyoyeon accidentally looks at the mirror. Her eyes widened when she saw a person on her back wearing a black cloak.

She turned around but no one was there.

Hyoyeon felt goosebumps all over her body.

………………………………………………………………..

School…

“Yong!” Seohyun called Yonghwa.

“Hey!” Yonghwa said. “Here’s your notes. Thanks.”

“No problem.” Seohyun said.

Seohyun noticed the book that Yonghwa is reading.

“How to open your third eye?” Seohyun reads the title of the book.

“I want to open my third eye.” Yonghwa said.

“But why?” Seohyun asks.

“Well, honestly speaking, when I went to your cousin’s house, I felt weird as if someone is there too except us.” Yonghwa said.

“Aish! Don’t scare me.” Seohyun said.

“No seriously.” Yonghwa said. “Remember your cousin’s dog? She barked nonstop but when I took Hyun Woo to the kitchen she stops barking. I can also feel that someone is watching me since I entered the house.”

Seohyun is quietly listening to him.

“Haven’t you noticed anything when you are there?” Yonghwa said.

Seohyun shook her head. “Except the fact that Vivian sometimes hiding under the sofa or sometimes she is barking at something but I don’t know what it is.”

“I am going to open my third eye and solve the mystery inside your cousin’s house so she will accept me as your boyfriend.” Yonghwa said.

“I told you that I can’t have a boyfriend until I finished my studies.” Seohyun said.

“I know that. I am willing to wait until you finished your studies but I need some back-up so your mom will accept me and that is your cousin.” Yonghwa said.

“Araso.” Seohyun said.

………………………………………………………………..

Hyoyeon went to Yoona’s house with Hyun Woo and Vivian. After seeing an unusual thing inside her house, she can’t leave Hyun Woo and Vivian alone there.

“Onew is missing?” Yoona asks.

“I am not sure about that but he didn’t go to work today and I can’t contact him.” Hyoyeon said. “And in the house a while ago, I saw someone wearing a black cloak at my back in the reflection of the mirror but when I turned around no one was there. I was really scared that I took Hyun Woo and Vivian here.”

“Do you think it has connection with the book?” Yoona asks.

“How can you say that?” Hyoyeon asks.

“Well, this is just a fact from Sulli. She told me this over the phone. What if the characters came out from the book when Onew reads it?” Yoona asks.

“Isn’t it impossible?” Hyoyeon asks.

“There’s no impossible here in the world. We already know that after we encountered the ghosts in our school.” Yoona said.

“Maki and the others existed because they want help from us. Characters coming out from the book are really impossible.” Hyoyeon said. “Enough of this nonsense. Just help me find my husband.”

“I’ll call Siwon to help you.” Yoona said.

………………………………………………………………..

Leeteuk and Luna are together when Siwon called Leeteuk.

“What do you mean Onew is missing? He probably in the chicken restaurant.” Leeteuk said.

Luna is quietly listening to Leeteuk.

“Ok. I’ll help you.” Leeteuk said and ends the conversation.

“Onew is missing?” Luna asks.

“He didn’t go to work and Hyoyeon can’t contact him. I’ll help Siwon to find him.” Leeteuk said.

“Hyoyeon must be worried.” Luna said.

“She’s at Yoona’s house. You should go there to comfort her.” Leeteuk said.

“I will. I’ll call Krystal and Sulli too.” Luna said.

“Right.” Leeteuk said.

………………………………………………………………..

“What? Onew is missing? Araso. I’ll tell Taemin to help find him.” Sulli said. “Ne. I’ll go to Yoona’s house.”

“Who is it?” Taemin asks. He just got out from the bathroom.

“Onew is missing. You help Siwon and Leeteuk to find him while I am going to Yoona’s house to comfort Hyoyeon.” Sulli said.

“He’s probably in a chicken restaurant.” Taemin said.

“Then search every chicken restaurant in Seoul to find him.” Sulli said and left Taemin.

“What? Is she serious?” Taemin asks.

In the end, he helped Siwon and Leeteuk to find Onew.

………………………………………………………………..

Sulli is at the front of Yoona’s house when Krystal came.

“Key is already helping the guys finding Onew.” Krystal said when Sulli asked her about Key.

Yoona opened the door when Sulli rings the doorbell.

“Where’s Hyo?” Krystal asks.

“Inside.” Yoona said.

Krystal and Sulli quickly get inside.

“Hyo, gwenchana?” Krystal asks.

“Ne.” Hyoyeon said.

Sulli looks at Luna who is busy with her laptop.

“What are you doing?” Sulli asks.

“Searching about the golden book.” Luna said. “Yoona told us about your fact.”

“Do you believe in me?” Sulli asks.

“Not yet.” Luna said.

Sulli pouted.

Krystal looks around. “Where’s your sister-in-law?” Krystal asks Yoona.

“She is always staying at her friend’s house.” Yoona said.

“Found it!” Luna said.

“What?” they ask.

“Oh shoot!” Luna said when she saw something in her laptop’s screen.

Hyoyeon’s eyes widened. She felt her knees shaking. She fell on the floor.