Searching About The Book

The Stolen Book

As soon as they got home the electricity comes back.

“Seohyun, we’re back.” Hyoyeon said as soon as she entered their house.

Seohyun opened the door of Hyun Woo’s room.

“How’s Hyun Woo? Did he woke up because of the black out?” Hyoyeon asks.

“Aniyo.” Seohyun said.

“Go to sleep now.” Hyoyeon said.

“Ne.” Seohyun said.

………………………………………………………………..

After few days…

Hyoyeon went to the grocery market with her son, Hyun Woo.

“Hyun Woo, do you want to ride on the shopping cart?” Hyoyeon asks her son.

Hyun Woo shook his head.

“Ok but you need to hold on mommy because if you don’t you might get lost, ok?” Hyoyeon said.

Hyun Woo nodded.

“Let’s go.” Hyoyeon said.

Hyun Woo holds on Hyoyeon’s skirt while Hyoyeon pushed the shopping cart.

“Let’s see our list.” Hyoyeon said. She gets her shopping list inside her bag. “Oh? Why do I have two shopping lists?”

Hyoyeon checks the first shopping list. Hyoyeon sighed when she reads what’s written inside the shopping list.

“Chickens.” Hyoyeon said.

Hyoyeon looks at her son. “Your dad really loves the chickens.”

“Hyun Woo loves chicken too.” Hyun Woo said.

“Aigoo… Just like your dad.” Hyoyeon said.

“Umma, Hyun Woo wants chicken.” Hyun Woo said.

“Araso. We will buy it.” Hyoyeon said.

While Hyoyeon is in the middle of buying, Hyun Woo saw something.

“Pororo.” Hyun Woo said when he saw the cartoon character on one of the bottled juice.

Hyun Woo walks towards where Pororo is and stares at it.

Hyoyeon didn’t notice that her son left. She’s too busy buying the things on the list.

While Hyun Woo is staring at Pororo, a woman came towards him.

“Do you like it?” the woman asks.

………………………………………………………………..

“Hyo.” Luna called when she saw Hyoyeon in the grocery market.

“Hi, Luna.” Hyoyeon said.

“Are you alone?” Luna asks.

“Aniyo. I’m with my son.” Hyoyeon said and looks on her side but Hyun Woo isn’t there.

Hyoyeon looks around.  “Hyun Woo.” She called.

“What’s wrong?” Luna asks. “Is he missing?”

“Ne. He’s on my side a while ago and now he’s gone.” She said and starting to get panic.

“Calm down, Hyo. Let’s find him. I’m sure that he’s is somewhere here.” Luna said. “Let’s go back to the places you went.”

“Ne.” Hyoyeon said.

………………………………………………………………..

“Do you like it?” the woman asks Hyun Woo.

Hyun Woo nodded. “Pororo.” He said.

“Hyun Woo!” Hyoyeon shouts when she saw her son with a stranger.

“Umma!” Hyun Woo happily called and runs towards her.

Hyoyeon hugs her son tightly. “Where have you been? You make mommy worried.” Hyoyeon said.

“Pororo.” Hyun Woo said.

“You can just tell me and mommy will buy it.” Hyoyeon said.

Luna is staring at the stranger that talked to Hyun Woo awhile ago.

“Luna, what’s wrong?” Hyoyeon asks.

“H-Huh?” Luna looks at Hyoyeon. “Nothing.”

When Luna looks at the stranger again, it’s gone.

“Where’s the woman?” Luna asks.

Hyoyeon noticed it too. “Yeah. Where’s she?” Hyoyeon said.

“Umma, I’m hungry.” Hyun Woo said.

“Araso. Mommy will just finish buying the things we need then let’s eat.” Hyoyeon said. She puts Hyun Woo on the shopping cart.

………………………………………………………………..

Krystal, Yoona and Sulli decided to go on a shopping.

“Yoona’s late.” Krystal said.

They are in the café near at the mall.

“And here she comes.” Sulli said when she saw Yoona entering the café.

Krystal’s eyes widened when she saw what Yoona’s wearing.

“Hi! Sorry I’m late.” Yoona said and her eyes went to Krystal’s dress. “Oh my gee.”

Yoona and Krystal are both wearing pink dress.

“Where did you get that?” Yoona and Krystal both ask.

“My husband.” They both said again.

Krystal sighed. “Just as I thought. Siwon and Key went to the same boutique and both the same dress.” Krystal said.

“I am sure Siwon asked Key’s about fashion again.” Yoona disappointed said.

“What’s wrong? You look great. You two look the same. I am sure everyone here will think that you are twins.” Sulli said.

“That’s not great.” Yoona said.

“Enough of that. Why are we here anyway? I am sure we are not here just for shopping.” Sulli said.

“Well, we all know that we are curious about this book that Onew got in an old bookstore. We are here to find a copy of it here in the mall.” Krystal said.

“I don’t think we will find a copy here. That book looks old and centuries ago.” Yoona said.

“We won’t lose anything if we try.” Krystal said.

“What are we waiting for? Let’s go.” Yoona said.

The three girls went to the nearest bookstore.

“Yoona? Krystal? Sulli?” it was Hyoyeon. She’s in the bookstore too.

“Omo! You’re here too?” Krystal said.

“Ne. After our grocery shopping, Luna asked me to come with her in the bookstore.” Hyoyeon said.

“Where’s she?” Yoona asks.

“Hyun Woo asked her to buy him a coloring book so they went to the children’s book section.” Hyoyeon said. “Why are you here?”

“Krystal wants to find a copy of the book that Onew bought.” Sulli said.

“You can’t find it here. Actually, that’s Luna’s reason why she wants to go here. We asked the people that working here and they say that they don’t know that book.” Hyoyeon said.

“What about the author?” Yoona asks.

“We don’t know who the author is. I asked Onew about it but there’s no name written on the book.” Hyoyeon said.

“Hyo, I found something that makes you surprise.” Luna said when she is walking back to Hyoyeon with Hyun Woo. “Oh? You three are here too.”

“What is it you found?” Hyoyeon asks.

“Ta-da!” Luna said and shows a book.

“Amber’s Around The World Experience.” Sulli reads the title. “The author is………… Amber Liu?!!!”

Their eyes widened. “Eh?!!!”

“Is it true?” Krystal asks and took the book from Luna.

“It’s true. Look at inside the book.” Luna said.

When they opened the book, picture of Amber taken from different countries and on the side is some info about it and her experience.

“Now I know why she is always goes out of the country. I thought it is a business trip.” Hyoyeon said.

“Anyway, let’s back to the book that Onew bought. We can’t find it here unless if we go to the bookstore where he bought it.” Luna said.

“But where is it?” Sulli asks.

They all look at Hyoyeon.

“I don’t know too. He didn’t even mention the name of the bookstore.” Hyoyeon said. “Why are you all curious about that book?”

“As if you don’t know.” Yoona said. “I am sure that you are also curious about that book.”

“You are living with Onew. You should know where he leaves the book.” Krystal said.

“I tried to find the book when he left to go to work but I didn’t know where he hides it. Maybe he brings it to work.” Hyoyeon said.

“I really wanted to know the next story. There are so many questions left after he read the second story.” Luna said.

“Let’s just arrange a get-together again so Onew will continue to read the story.” Hyoyeon said.

“Let’s have a get-together next month. I am leaving to Paris for Key’s fashion show tomorrow and I’ll be staying there in 2 weeks. Key is already gone there to check everything.” Krystal said.

Key is a fashion designer while Krystal is an event organizer.

Hyun Woo yawned.

“We should be going. Hyun Woo is sleepy.” Hyoyeon said.

“Ok. Bye.” They said.

………………………………………………………………..

Miori went to Maria’s house for studying. She can’t study alone in Siwon’s house after she saw a ghost. Siwon and Yoona are not going home tonight because the two went to Yoona’s parents after Siwon got off from work.

“Annyeong Hasaeyo.” Miori greets the old man that watching a chess game on the TV.

The old man looks at her. “Do you want to listen to my story?” the old man asks.

“A-Aniyo, grandpa. Miori is here to study.” Maria said. “Excuse us.”

Maria pulled Miori towards her room.

“Is that your grandpa you are talking about?” Miori asks as soon as they get inside Maria’s room.

“Ne. Don’t you try to talk to him or you’ll end up listening to his never ending story.” Maria said.

Miori chuckled. “I came here to study not to listen to some old-boring-horror-stories.” Miori said and starts to take out her book from her bag.

“Why are you here to study? Aren’t you happy that your brother and his wife are not in your house? You can now focus on your study there.” Maria said.

“I won’t let myself gets alone in our house after I saw that ghost.” Miori said.

Maria moves closer to her. “You’ve seen a ghost?”

“Yeah. It is the time when the black-out happened. I saw the ghost inside their bedroom.” Miori said.

“What does it looks like?” Maria asks.

“I didn’t see her face well because it is dark.” Miori said.

“You see a woman ghost?” Maria asks.

“Ne. Her hair is long. Half of her face was covered of her hair but I know that she is beautiful.” Miori said.

“What happened next?” Maria asks.

“After I screamed, oppa came to me. When he checks the room, it was empty.” Miori said. “Actually, it was their fault why a ghost appeared. They are telling scary stories that a ghost gets attracted by it and went to our house.”

“Aiyee… That doesn’t make sense.” Maria said.

“Maria, can we just study?” Miori asks. “I came here to study not to tell scary stories.”

“Ne.” Maria said.

………………………………………………………………..

That night…

Vivian woke up with a strange feeling. She hides herself under her blanket. She is taking a peek from her blanket.

Vivian saw a long black cloak moving towards her. It is not walking but it is floating.

It moves closer... closer… closer… closer…

Just then, Hyun Woo cried.

Hyoyeon goes out from the bedroom and went to Hyun Woo’s room.

Vivian takes the chance to follow Hyoyeon.

The long black cloak is gone.

………………………………………………………………..

Luna waits for Leeteuk to go home from his work and while waiting she decided to search in the internet about the book that Onew bought.

She’s in the bedroom and sitting comfortably on the bed while her laptop is lying on her thighs.

“Curse of the golden book.” She searched.

While looking at the suggested sites, a blog about cursed things caught her attention.

She looked at the blog and reads the list of the articles.

“A doll kills for revenge. Scary tales turned into reality in a high school.” Luna reads the title of the articles. “Scary tales turned into reality in a high school? Sounds familiar. I wonder who owns this blog.”

Luna decided to know who the owner of that blog. “Tsk! It’s Chemi.” She said.

Chemi was their classmate in high school that encountered the scary moments in their school. Chemi and the other girls are in a vacation out of South Korea.

Luna continues to look for the curse golden book.

“An old writer’s death… caused of a curse?” Luna reads the title of the article that Chemi wrote.

She was about to click it when all the lights went off.

“Black out again?” Luna asks.

Then, she heard something from the kitchen.

Luna goes out to check it but when she arrived at the kitchen no one was there.

She goes back to the bedroom and continues what she was doing. She was surprised when the Microsoft word is opened. She never opened it since she decided to search about the curse golden book.

She was about to close it when it starts typing.

Luna’s eyes widened while staring at the words.

“HA….PPY….. AN….NI….VER…..SA…RY…” Luna was confused.

Just then, the lights came back.

“Happy anniversary!” Leeteuk loudly said when he came out from the bathroom.

“What the-” Luna doesn’t know what to say. “You scared me!”

“Surprise?” Leeteuk asks.

“Very.” Luna said. “How did you do it? And since when you are hiding in the bathroom.”

“Right after you came out to check the noise in the kitchen. I went through the window.” Leeteuk said.

“How did you do it?” Luna asks.

“I’m not alone.” Leeteuk said.

Yoona and Siwon entered the bedroom.

“You three really scared me.” Luna said.

“You are serious with your laptop. What are you searching about?” Yoona asks.

“I found Chemi’s blog.” Luna said. She checks her laptop but it is already closed. “That’s strange.”

“Maybe the battery is empty.” Yoona said.

“Anyway, we should be going. We don’t want to spoil your anniversary celebration.” Siwon said.

“Thanks for the help.” Leeteuk said.

“Anytime.” Siwon said.

Siwon and Yoona left.

………………………………………………………………..

“Miori is in Maria’s house so we are alone tonight.” Siwon said.

“I don’t like the idea you are thinking.” Yoona said and opens the door of their house.

When they opened the lights, they were shocked of what they saw.