Two

You Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two

"Hey, hey Baek, Baek, hey wake up"

"Ughh... Shut up.. It's too early.."

"No it's not, wake up!"

Baekhyun yelped as Chanyeol crushed him under his weight.

"What are you... Get off of me!"

"Not gonna happen until you wake your sleepy up, we're not gonna be late again because of your ual frustrations" Chanyeol said from his perch atop the smaller male.

"ual.. What are you even talking about, get off!" Baekhyun wiggled uselessly under the giant sitting on his back, his face squashed against the pillows.

"It's not like I don't know what you do at night that keeps you up" Chanyeol wiggled his eyebrows at a squashed Baekhyun glaring at him sideways.

"I study, if that's what you're talking about-- Ugh Chanyeol you're crushing me get off!"

Chanyeol jumped off Baekhyun and the smaller male flipped himself over and sat up, ruffling his hair and yawning. The other two occupants of the dorm room had already left, and Baekhyun realized they must be running late yet again. 

"What time is it?"

"Sum--"

"If you say 'summer time' I will cut you"

Chanyeol chuckled, checking his watch. "It's 7.45, honey. You've got 15 minutes to get ready and get to class"

"... Don't call me that"

"Call you what, honey?"

Baekhyun chucked a pillow at Chanyeol as he stood up and made for the shared bathroom. Chanyeol deflected the projectile pillow and placed it back on Baekhyun's bed, only to continue his incessant teasing.

"Ohh, I get it. The endearments are reserved for a certain Chinese someone, huh" Chanyeol popped his head around the bathroom door to wiggle his eyebrows at Baekhyun, who was brushing his teeth in record timing.

Baekhyun spat the foam from his mouth and rinsed it out, pushing Chanyeol's head out of the way and making for his cupboard to grab a change of clothes. 

Baekhyun kept his silence. He'd never really liked Yifan in the first place. That was, if you didn't count childhood admiration. Even then, he only admired Yifan because of the other male's height. He'd told Chanyeol otherwise because goddamnit, Chanyeol was straight as a ruler, and the world would end if he found out about Baekhyun's little crush on him. 

Little.

Go ahead and deceive yourself, go ahead

Either way, he should have known Chanyeol would've let it slip about the whole Yifan thing even though he'd promised not to. Chanyeol was just... Chanyeol.

Now the whole orphanage knew. 

Yes, including Yi ing fan

Sometimes Baekhyun was sure the teachers knew as well. 

The giant had gotten his due punishment for that one.

"Hey, by the way, we're scheduled to be meeting the guests on Wednesday, have you prepared?"

Baekhyun was jolted from his thoughts, and he grabbed his backpack, heading toward the dorm's doors, the giant right beside him.

"There's nothing to prepare for, I don't want them to like me"

"Baek, come on, this is our future we're dealing with here"

They were brisk walking along the hallways now, and Baekhyun was getting a little breathless due to his shorter limbs. 

"Drop it Chanyeol, I'm tired"

Chanyeol clenched his jaw but remained silent, making the atmosphere increasingly tense, something that rarely happened around them.

Baekhyun locked his gaze onto the floor. He knew he was being selfish, but he really didn't have a choice. 

Another thing about Chanyeol that Baekhyun absolutely despised (or so he tried to tell himself) was The Skinship Problem, as Baekhyun called it. The giant would wrap his arms around his waist, or latch onto his arm as they walked. Chanyeol was touchy as hell, and didn't think anything of it, if their current position was anything to go by. They were in class, and Chanyeol was draped obnoxiously on top of his right arm, which the giant had snagged to use as a cushion for his head while he napped through Geography lessons, earlier tension easily forgotten in favor of familiar warmth.

This would be fine by anyone's standards because Baekhyun and Chanyeol were best friends, and best friends do skinship all the time. But since Chanyeol had gone and advanced a level and attained crush status in Baekhyun's books, The Skinship Problem was getting to him. It irked him that Chanyeol didn't think anything of it, yet every single time it got him blushing like a hormonal teenage girl. 

It just wasn't fair.

Baekhyun flopped around a little before he gave up on trying to focus on the lesson and instead placed his head on his table as well, facing Chanyeol, who was slightly drooling on his arm, mouth slightly agape. Baekhyun crinkled his nose in amusement, but didn't make a move to clean it off, lest the boy be disturbed. 

His heart gave a clench as he stared at Chanyeol's sleeping face. 

Chanyeol had never liked anyone romantically in his entire stay at the orphanage. Baekhyun knew this because Chanyeol would've told him if he did. 

Which is why he was now dealing with an annoying Yifan who was staring at him openly from the other side of the room. Baekhyun clenched his teeth as he felt the Chinese male's eyes boring into him. Living with Yifan thinking he liked him was fine because it was necessary in the grand scheme of Chanyeol-must-never-find-out-that-Baekhyun-likes-him.

What wasn't fine was the fact that Chanyeol wanted the adoption as badly as the next guy. Baekhyun found himself frowning as he thought this. He was torn between his wanting his giant ferret to be happy and his own selfishness. 

That's right, he was a selfish bastard. 

He'd be willing to try and thwart Chanyeol's desire to be adopted.

But if Chanyeol were to be adopted together with himself..

That would make them siblings

It was already bad enough to be friend zoned his entire life by the ferret, but If they were to be siblings, then he'd be sibling-zoned, and he didn't know if he could endure this one-sided thing for the rest of his life.

Baekhyun hoped he wouldn't have to.

Baekhyun sighed as he gazed at Chanyeol. The younger would never get it, would never understand why Baekhyun was doing what he was doing. Because he still regarded them as best friends, something Baekhyun told his stupid self everyday that he should be doing too. 

But his crush had gotten worse day by day and he'd long since gave up on trying to think it was just a crush. He was in love with his stupid best friend who would never know. He'd fallen in love and now all he wanted to do was fall out of it, but it was like he fell into a well and the only person who could save him was playing with his stupid ferrets unknowingly up on land. No matter how much he tried to show Chanye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter