Seven

You Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Seven

‘Don’t touch me, I’m busy”

“I’m not touching you!”

“Stop hovering over me!”

“I’m not hovering!”

“Stop denying being annoying!”

Baekhyun swatted at Chanyeol over his shoulder, making the ferret step back from his hovering stance guiltily.

“You know I hate skinship” he bit, not harshly.

“And you know I don’t care” Chanyeol grinned cheekily.

“I’d say screw you but I’m not into ” Baekhyun retorted.

A hoot sounded from the other end of their dorm room as Luhan burst out laughing, Sehun yelling out a loud “Pour cold water on burned area, ferret!”

Chanyeol launched himself onto the annoying duo huddled in Sehun’s bed, tackling both of them.

Baekhyun laughed at the scene before him before turning back to his homework. He didn’t often do homework as he knew he’d get average results anyways, but he felt the need to be distracted from his own thoughts that day.

The Skinship Problem had returned to bother him with a vengeance, but he’d manage to redirect that at Sehun and Luhan for the time being, and he exhaled, relieved, even as he could hear Luhan screeching in the back.

It had been a week after the adopter-adoptee meeting, and the reason for Chanyeol being extra touchy-feely was that the adoption process was supposedly going smoothly. They had been told that the couple was confirming the adoption processes for two orphans instead of one, and they’d be informed later in the day if they were to be adopted.

The adoption process afterwards would be a whole lot of paperwork and legal issues like trying to contact their birth parents for consent of the adoption. The adoptee would then have to be sat down and they would make sure that the child was willing to be adopted. The latter was necessary as they were above 13 years of age, and thus had to give their consent before anything could process. The procedures afterwards were simply to legalise the adoption of the child. Baekhyun had the rough procedure etched into his mind from his previous researches.

What Chanyeol didn’t know was that Baekhyun probably wasn’t one of the two getting adopted, regardless of whether Chanyeol was or not. The couple was probably looking for responsible, well-mannered young men to inherit their company to ensure its continued success. Baekhyun was sure the image he showed the couple was neither responsible nor well-mannered, considering he’d snapped at them so rudely.

However, Chanyeol would still have to give his consent on the adoption since he was above thirteen years of age. At this point of time, Baekhyun was beyond hoping for a future for both of them. In all honesty, he was simply curious to know what Chanyeol’s decision would be.

Tapping his pen against his lip, he tried in vain to pull his attention back to his homework, which was still mostly empty. He shifted restlessly on his bed, changing his position to a more comfortable one. He had the choice to study in the library, but the place was rather small, and he didn’t want to risk running into Yifan there as the taller male had been upping his antics to get his attention. He’d resorted to studying in their dorm room, despite the fact that that would mean he’d had to atte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter