Five

You Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five

Chanyeol woke up to the alarm clock shared among the four roommates beeping endlessly. Groaning, he shifted the covers off himself and swung his legs off the side of the bed, groggily rubbing at his eyes and stretching to snooze the increasingly annoying alarm clock.

 

His eyes suddenly flew open and his mouth gaped mid-yawn when he suddenly remembered what day it was. How could he have forgotten in the first place, today would be their official first meeting with the adopting couple! Stoked, he quickly woke their roommates Sehun and Luhan before mentally preparing himself for the abuse that came with the task of waking his best friend up.

 

For a moment he just stood there watching Baekhyun sleep, and if he were tasked to give a reason why, he sure as hell he wouldn't be able to find one. He was also pretty sure he could be considered as stalker material now, with how he was finding the back of Baekhyun's head and nape exceedingly transfixing, the latter's head of hair sticking in every which direction. Nevertheless he ignored the odd feeling in his heart and walked backwards to sit on his own unmade bed, continuing to stare at the back of his best friend's head when he should be already trying to wake the shorter male up.

 

The past week had been ridden with an emotionally unstable Baekhyun in all of his bipolar glory. He couldn't say that there was any obvious signs of fissure in their friendship, but somehow he could feel the tension between them whenever anyone brought up any issue regarding the adoption. It was always the same scenario, with Baekhyun joking obnoxiously about being sure the couple were horrible and snobby, indirectly sending Chanyeol signs that he should rethink his decisions.

 

He knew that there was absolutely no way that the elder didn't already know that he wanted the adoption deal. He'd already hinted at it so obviously it probably wouldn't be categorized under 'hinting' anymore. More than inheriting their stupid company, Chanyeol wanted, for once in his life to be a part of a family. He could have sacrificed this dream for Baekhyun without a second thought, but with the prospect of the couple possibly adopting the both of them, he couldn't be blamed for hoping for the best of both worlds, right?

 

Well, wrong apparently, because Baekhyun had asserted clearly and firmly that he didn't want to be adopted, and had basically presented an ultimatum to Chanyeol.

 

A nice family and stability in life, or Baekhyun.

 

Although the elder never said it out loud, it was clear as day with how he constantly brought up how they could stick together and make it work after the orphanage.

 

And besides, Baekhyun had never pinned a reason as to why he so vehemently hated the thought of being adopted. Maybe it was just him, but he honestly didn't think it was fair for Baekhyun to want him to possibly sacrifice a happy family and life stability for a reason the elder wouldn't even give him. Maybe if Baekhyun would just tell him why, he would be able to comprehend the elder's odd tendencies.

 

He shook these thoughts away, dragging the fingers of his left hand through his messy hair as he stood and reached with his right for Baekhyun once again.

 

“Baek,” he tried unsuccessfully, “Baekhyun wake up, it's an important day!” Chanyeol laced his voice with as much enthusiasm he could muster, but the dead log that was his best friend didn't budge even when he shook him gently. They were running slightly late as per usual, but today was D-day, and Chanyeol wanted to prepare really well today to leave a good impression on the couple. Apparently this was something Baekhyun didn't deem important as the male only gave a small grunt to Chanyeol's attempts to shake him awake.

 

“Baekhyuuun, wake up before i sit on you~” he singsonged as he shook the sleeping male a little harder. Before even giving Baekhyun a chance to react, he climbed noisily onto the bed, with the bed frame creaking. Without hesitation, he sat down hard on his best friend causing the other male to exclaim.

 

“Agh, Chan- I said not to do that you ing shi-” Baekhyun was cut off as Chanyeol bounced on his back chanting repeatedly for him to “wakeyuppy” causing the wind to gush out of his lungs.

 

“GET OFF ME YOU PUNK!” Baekhyun was squirming and struggling enough to reassure Chanyeol that he was sufficiently awake. Despite the rather dampening thoughts he'd had that morning, Chanyeol found himself grinning genuinely. Another thing about Baekhyun that he loved.

 

He climbed off his friend's back cautiously, but was met with a foot to his which caused him to stumble off the bed rather unceremoniously. Baekhyun stared down at his from his bed, yawning rather endearingly.

 

Wait what?

 

Before Chanyeol had the chance to question his choice of description of B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter